/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why do Arabs believe the god of the Jews is the creator?

sword_of_truth
04-16-2011, 01:55 AM
Since the god of the Jews, described in their scriptures, is pretty much the same as any other gods of the Near and Middle East, requiring and enjoying appeasements in the form of burnt offerings and flattering prayer, why would the Arabs, presumably a more intelligent race than the Jews (according to the silly actions attributed to them in the scriptures), believe that such a typical god, aside from lacking in physical representation such as a statue, is in fact the creator of the universe? Would the true creator of something as complex as the universe be so crude and crass as to be appeased by the smell of burnt animals?

Now, I can see why someone in BC times might be inclined to believe in such a god, since they were common in those days and nobody knew any better. The same can be said of early AD times, like Muhammad's day, but why do modern Arabs actually still believe such a crude god is actually the creator of the universe or worthy of adoration? Is it simply for the sake of tradition? Their ancestors accepted it in 700 AD so why change now? Or is it because nobody is inventing any new gods to choose from, ones with advanced consciousness rather than simple "burn the bull, get a plentiful harvest" type gods? I mean, c'mon. The god of the Jews? Really? That's the best the Arabs can do for the creator of the universe? Wow!. Are the Arabs really as simple minded as the Jews? Where is their self respect? Bowing down to the god of the Jews five times a day? For what possible reason? That god didn't even do the Jews any good, letting them be led into captivity by Babylon, who apparently had a more powerful god. Then they only got freed from Babylon by the Persians, who apparently had a more powerful god than the Babylonians. Yahweh/Allah wasn't even near the top of the list, in regard to god power. The Arabs would do better to worship Marduk or Ahura Mazda, if history is any indication. Instead, on the word of a single man, Muhammad, they are STILL worshiping the puny god of the Jews. The very god who let Israel get destroyed by pretty much anybody who came along. Are the Arabs insane or something, or just suckers for punishment.

Iraq is Babylon and Iran is Persia. Why are they not worshiping Marduk or Ahura Mazda so that they can get competent help battling Israel? Allah hasn't helped them yet in that department, so why believe he suddenly will at some future time. They are wasting their prayers on Allah of the Jews. You can't conquer a nation by worshiping their god. You can only conquer a nation by worshiping a more powerful god than theirs. Don't bother saying that the god of the Jews is the only real god. Why should anyone believe that? Because some guy told you that? People lie, you know. One god? What a ridiculous notion. Each nation needs their own god or else how could one ever triumph over another? The single god would protect them all equally. Since Allah/Yahweh has shown himself to be completely useless in aiding the Arabs against the Tyranny of Israel, why keep throwing good prayers after bad? They are wasting their effort on the thankless god of the Jews. Maybe Hubal could help them, Maybe Marduk or another Babylonian god, but certainly not the god of the Jews. Why don't the Arabs simply stop bickering amongst themselves over how best to worship the god of Israel and revive Babylon. Once Babylon is reformed and their god makes them strong THEN maybe they'll have a chance against Israel. This worshiping the god of Israel thing just ain't working, let's face it. If the tree doesn't bear fruit, cut it down and grow a new one. You followed Muhammad's words. It got you some booty but that was short lived. That was just because you had sheer numbers in those days. What has following Muhammad's instructions to bow down to the god of Israel done for you LATELY? Marduk/Bel just can't be any worse, can he? A friggin' rock couldn't be any worse.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Eric H
04-16-2011, 07:49 AM
Greetings and peace be with you sword_of_truth; welcome to the forum, I hope you find what you are searching for.

It has been said that anyone who has an opinion about God could be called a theologian. It has been said that theologians reveal very little about God, rather they reveal more of what is in their own heart and intentions.

God created the universe and life, we need to pray for his mercy and forgiveness, rather than conquering other nations.

In the spirit of searching for God

Eric

Woodrow
04-16-2011, 08:52 AM
We believe there is only one God(swt). Since there is only one God(swt) all people who truly worship God(swt) worship the same God(swt). We believe Prophets(PBUT) had been sent to all people of all eras. Some followed the Prophets(PBUT) and at least at some point worshiped the same God(swt). The continuous written record of the worship of the One God(swt) seems to have been preserved best through the lines of the Abrahamic Prophets(PBUT) and the people who followed that which was written those being Jews, Sabians, Christians and Muslims. Along the way things did at times get sidetracked and new Prophets(PBUT) were sent. the final Prophet(PBUH) being sent for all people.

Looking at other Monotheistic faiths far separated from the Abrahamic faiths we can see similarities among at least a few giving evidence of having at one time received the same message from different Prophets(PBUT). I live among the Lakotah some of whom still follow the traditional worship and the Native deity (Wakan Tanka) has attributes virtually identical to that which we call Allaah(swt)

Since there is only one God(swt) all people who have ever worshiped the true God(swt) did, at least at some point, worship the same God(swt) we worship. We do not worship the God(swt) of the Jews as the one God(swt) is not just the God(swt) of the Jews, there is only one God(swt), and he is the God(swt) of all of creation. The Jews had no monopoly.

Ali Mujahidin
04-16-2011, 10:11 AM
Oh dear, this is going to be a tough one but here goes:

How To Explain Allah to Someone Who Does Not Even Know That Allah Exists.

1. Going by the principle of might makes right, a person who does not acknowledge the existence of Allah would probably conclude that, at various points in history, Genghiz Khan, Hitler or Mao Tse Tung would be a good god to worship.

2. Going by the principle of safety in numbers, a person who does not acknowledge the existence of Allah, would probably conclude that, at various points in history, Michael Jackson, Harry Potter or Jeniffer Lopez would be a good god to worship.

3. Going by the principle of astounding feats prove a divine stature, a person who does not acknowledge the existence of Allah, would probably conclude, at various points in history, the Pyramid, the Atomic Bomb or the Computer would be a good god to worship.

I can think of many more combinations and permutations of the various reasoning and thinking that would lead to the various conclusions as to what or which is a good god to worship, but I think you should get the drift by now.

I can only speak for myself when I say I worship Allah:

1. Not because that Allah will make me rich;
2. Not because that Allah will make me happy;
3. Not because that Allah will give me anything at all.

I worship Allah for the simple reason that worshiping Allah is the only reason for my existence.

I worship Allah because to live without worshiping Allah is to make a mockery of my existence.

I worship Allah because Allah is the Be-All and the End-All of my existence.

So how does a person who does not even know Allah exists get to know Allah?

The answer is very simple.

First, look deep inside your heart. Forget all about the scientific analytical thinking that you had been deluded into thinking all this while is the answer to all your problems.

Look deep inside your own heart and ask yourself:

Surely, there must be more than just this. Surely, there must be more than just running around in circles chasing fame and fortune which slip from your very grasp even as you thought you have finally laid your hands on it. Surely, there must be more to life than just becoming food for worms at the end of it all.

Look deep. Look really deep inside your own heart.

I beg Allah to fill your heart with the nur of hidayah. Ameen, ameen, ameen ya Rabbil alamin alhamduliLLahi Rabbil alamin.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!