/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I am so tired, and i am losing hope in myself!

Muslimah011
04-16-2011, 01:20 PM
Assalamu Alaikum,

I have done soo many horrible sins. Countless sins, and every time i try to repent i return and i swear by Allah that i would neverr do these sins again, i return to them. According to many hadiths i am cursed by Allah. I am really tired and sick. Is it really over for me? I feel that Allah isnt accepting my prayers or duas. Everytime i make duaa for allah to help me be strong because i am very weak, and i return to my sins. I am not saying that Allah isn't helping mr or anything, I am saying i think i am cursed by him and that hes not accepting my duas to be better and not to return to my sin. Is that i am cursed by him, or is it that i am not doing much effort? I don't know anymore, i am really tired and i am begining to loose hope. Not loose hope in Allah, but in myself.
Please help me with advice!

Assalamu alaikum and thanks in advance.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
04-16-2011, 02:12 PM
:sl:

Us humans give up on Allaah(swt) very easily. but fortunate for us Allaah(swt) has more patience than we can imagine. Allaah(swt) will accept sincere repentance even after we have given up hope.

We all are guilty of failing to keep our promises to Allaah(swt). We all are humans with human short comings and faults. The greatest failure is when we give up and stop trying. all of us need to be repenting for our past sins every moment of our life. But all that is expected is for us to do the best we can. Allaah(swt) will never ask us to do that which we can not do.

tigerkhan
04-16-2011, 03:55 PM
la taqnatu min rehmatilallah
dont be hopeless from HIM, if he forgive all the sins of whole mankind no1 can ask him and he is samad, karim and rahim.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
04-16-2011, 06:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah011
Assalamu Alaikum,

I have done soo many horrible sins. Countless sins, and every time i try to repent i return and i swear by Allah that i would neverr do these sins again, i return to them. According to many hadiths i am cursed by Allah. I am really tired and sick. Is it really over for me? I feel that Allah isnt accepting my prayers or duas. Everytime i make duaa for allah to help me be strong because i am very weak, and i return to my sins. I am not saying that Allah isn't helping mr or anything, I am saying i think i am cursed by him and that hes not accepting my duas to be better and not to return to my sin. Is that i am cursed by him, or is it that i am not doing much effort? I don't know anymore, i am really tired and i am begining to loose hope. Not loose hope in Allah, but in myself.

Wa Alaaykum As'salaam Wa Rahmatullaah Wa Barahkaatuh

Keep repenting and never give up. It is not over for you, if it was, then you wouldnt be here on this forum asking for advice sister.

Allaah says he will forgive you every time you repent sincerely when committing a sin. He forgives all those who repent with sincerety.

"O you who believe! Turn to Allah with sincere repentance! It may be that your Lord will remit from you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow (Paradise) the Day that Allah will not disgrace the Prophet (Muhammad SAW) and those who believe with him, their Light will run forward before them and with (their Records Books of deeds) in their right hands they will say: \"Our Lord! Keep perfect our Light for us [and do not put it off till we cross over the Sirat (a slippery bridge over the Hell) safely] and grant us forgiveness. Verily, You are Able to do all things.\"[Al Qur'aan 66:8]

"Allah accepts only the repentance of those who do evil in ignorance and foolishness and repent soon afterwards; it is they to whom Allah will forgive and Allah is Ever All-Knower, All-Wise.And of no effect is the repentance of those who continue to do evil deeds until death faces one of them and he says: "Now I repent;" nor of those who die while they are disbelievers. For them We have prepared a painful torment. " [Al Qur'aan 4:17-18]

Do not lose hope.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Innocent Soul
04-17-2011, 05:16 AM
Assalamualaikum

All we need is just we have to know what we want. By your post I can easily understand that you love Allah.That's why you are feeling bad. You have to be firm and never loose hope. Allah is the one who knows what are your intentions and what is good for you. :)

Narrated Abdullah ibn Abbas: The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: If anyone continually asks pardon, Allah will appoint for him a way out of every distress, and a relief from every anxiety, and will provide for him from where he did not reckon.
[Abu Dawud Book 8, Number 1513]

Allah does not charge a soul except [with that within] its capacity. It will have [the consequence of] what [good] it has gained, and it will bear [the consequence of] what [evil] it has earned. (Quran 2:286)

And remember your Lord by your tongue and within yourself, humbly and in awe, without loudness, by words in the morning and in the afternoon, and be not among those who are neglectful." [Al-Araf 7:205]

- Qatada -
04-17-2011, 05:49 AM
:salamext:

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace be upon him), from among the things he reports from his Allah (mighty and sublime be He), is that he said:

A servant [of Allah's] committed a sin and said: O Allah, forgive me my sin. And He (glorified and exalted be He) said: My servant has committed a sin and has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for them. Then he sinned again and said: O Lord, forgive me my sin. And He (glorified and exalted be He) said: My servant has committed a sin and has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for them. Then he sinned again and said: O Lord, forgive me my sin. And He (glorified and exalted be He) said: My servant has committed a sin and has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for sins. Do what you wish*, for I have forgiven you.

It was related by Muslim (also by al-Bukhari).
*The person still has to repent each time he sins though.

http://www.iium.edu.my/deed/hadith/o...dithqudsi.html

Ummu Sufyaan
04-18-2011, 11:23 AM
wa alaykum us-Salaam
trial and error...trial and error. you'll move forward a little and then backwards a little...its just the way life goes. its nothing new or exclusive to anyone you just evenually learn to get up on your feet and start walking proplery...even if you keep falling back, it doesnt matter because allah is Merciful...just ask for repentance.

always be gentle with yourself and dont corner yourself with unnecessary depression by misleading yourself by believing that Allah wont accept your repentance. give yourself breathing space and give your heart a break.

Hamza Asadullah
05-16-2011, 11:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah011
Assalamu Alaikum,

Asalaamu Alaikum,

Jazakallahu khayr for your question for it is apparent that you are wanting to fulfill your obligations to Allah and get closer to him as you clearly realise your death is near and life is short.

With regards to the forgiveness of sins then Know that Allah's mercy, compassion and forgiveness are all encompassing and his mercy is one of his most important and significant qualities of the almighty in the Qur’an, as well as in the saying and teachings of Prophet Muhammad (Sallallahu Alaihi wasallam).

In a Hadith Qudsi Allah states:

"O son of Adam, as long as you call upon Me and put your hope in Me, I have forgiven you for what you have done and I do not mind. O son of Adam, if your sins were to reach the clouds of the sky and then you would seek My forgiveness, I would forgive you. O son of Adam, if you were to come to Me with sins that are close to filling the earth and then you would meet Me without ascribing any partners with Me, I would certainly bring to you forgiveness close to filling it."

In this Hadithi Qudsi, Allah gives hope to mankind more than any other narration. It displays the quality and attribute of Allahs mercy. Indeed, He is ar-Rahman, the Most Compassionate, and ar-Raheem, the Most Merciful. In this Hadithi Qudsi, Allah tells man of the greatness of His forgiveness and mercy so that no one would despair due to the amount of sins he may have committed. This is supported by the following verse of the Holy Quran:

Say: O My servants who have transgressed against their own souls, despair not of the mercy of Allah. Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Truly, He is Most Forgiving, Most Merciful. (Surah az-Zumar 39:53)

Approximately 113 chapters of the Holy Qur’an begin with: "In the name of Allah the Most-Compassionate; the Most-Merciful".

When supplicating, one should truly seek Allahs aid and His forgiveness and demonstrate his need for Allah and submit to Him with fear and hope in receiving the desired response. Allah advises in Surat al-Araaf 7:56:

And invoke Him in fear and aspiration (of hope). Indeed, the mercy of Allah is near to those who do good.

Indeed, no one despairs of relief from Allah except the disbelieving people. (Surah Yusuf 12:87)

One must be hopeful of Allahs mercy and forgiveness and fearful of His punishment. It is this fear that should lead one to seek Allahs forgiveness with hope. Allah says:

Know that Allah is severe in punishment and that Allah is Forgiving and Merciful. (Surat al-Maaidah 5:98)

These are constant reminders to all who read the Qur’an of the great mercy, compassion and forgiveness of almighty Allah. So do not despair for whatever wrongs we have done if we repent sincerely with the intention to NEVER commit the sin again then surely Allah the most merciful will forgive us.

But know that we must balance having hope for his forgiveness and fear that he may not forgive us our sins or accept our deeds. This balance will help keep us on our toes so that we are ever trying to gain his forgiveness and wanting our good deeds accepted all of the time rather than being satisfied that he will forgive us and our accept our deeds.

So whenever you trip and sin then stop immediatley and repent and cry to your lord for mercy and forgiveness and replace the sins with good deeds. We must NEVER lose hope and give in for that is what our sworn enemy shaythan wants.

You mention that there are many hadith saying that you are cursed for the sins you keep on committing but NO hadith states that a person will not be forgiven for a sin that they do but there is NO doubt that all hadith along with the ayah's from the Qur'an that i have provided above confirm that no matter HOW many sins we committ whether we commit them again and again reven if they were to pile up so high to the sky then they can ALL be forgiven by sincere repentance with remorse and intention not to repeat the act again.

Indeed, no one despairs of relief from Allah except the disbelieving people. (Surah Yusuf 12:87)

So you must NEVER despair of the mercy of Allah for he is willing to forgive ALL sins as long as your repentance is sincere. Allah loves repentance so repent and strive to eradicate these sins from yuor life. When you sin then only you are to blame for we are all responsible for our own sins and when we ask of Allah to help us stop sinning then all we need to do is take a few simple steps and Allah will help us with the rest but it is this effort you need to continue making and you must NEVER give up hope for that is what your enemy shaythan wants.

All shaythan can do is whisper in your ear but YOU have the choice and YOU are in control over your actions. So if you fail a million times over then keep striving and persevering and NEVER give up. You WILL conquer this eventually but ONLY by continued perserverance.

So have hope in yourself for you can conquer and achieve ANYTHING you want to. Be strong and strive and know that you ARE stronger than the mere whispers of shaythan.

May Allah help you to overcome these sins and to have more hope in yourself. Ameen

And Allah knows best in all matters

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!