/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What do u think of this? Dangers of chi

Human_Being
04-17-2011, 08:29 PM
http://www.dangerofchi.org/

I been thinkin about this actually cuz I looked into things like chi and auras and things like that and wonderin if theyre such important parts of us then y isnt it mentioned in the Qur'an?! Y would Allah leave this info out? Could it be cuz it doesn't exist, or is somethin that it doesn't appear to be like jinn posession an trickery? Than my friend sent me this website and I am now re-thinkin my hole percepshun of chi.

of course i dont kno if its true or not either way like cuz lots of stuff there to read and take in then cross reference but like better safe than sorry yeh?

Wat u think about this whats ur opinion? U hav anythin more 2 add or kno more about this subject?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Considering
05-23-2011, 10:59 PM
The idea of Chi derives from Chinese medicine. The whole idea of different "meridian points," acupuncture, etc. is all traditional Chinese medicine. Of course, it's also wrapped up in the larger Chinese culture and since it goes back thousands of years, they're very intertwined.

I'm not sure there's a lot of modern science that supports "chi", "meridians", etc. Personally, I avoid it.

Ali Mujahidin
05-24-2011, 03:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Considering
I'm not sure there's a lot of modern science that supports "chi", "meridians", etc. Personally, I avoid it.

Actually there is a lot that modern science knows nothing about. Personally, I avoid worshiping modern science as the be-all and end-all of knowledge.

al yunan
05-24-2011, 04:49 AM
Salam sister,

You would be surprised what Muslim scholars of yesteryear wrote about and discussed, however with out a solid foundation in basics one should be cautious in what they read for unguided is how Satan wants his victims.
In Islam we have the principle of Taqlid (adherence to a school of thought or principles) that allows one to simply follow until they are able to distinguish the facts themselves.
As the saying goes "little knowledge is dangerous" it's best to stay clear of things that we are not qualified to understand.
It's not a clear cut issue of true or false, but rather the "need to know" basis system.
The classic scholars considered it a great sin to put ideas before people that would cause doubt for even the truth has to be earned least it harm an inexperienced mind.
The golden rule in Islam is that the messenger is more important than the message, in other words we need to trust our source of information more than the information.

Allahu Wa'alam
Masalam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
May Ayob
05-24-2011, 10:09 AM
Salaam sis,

But honestly i dont understand why are you even considering this?
What type of significance does it have? To me It has none at all
And the Quran is not a scientific book, it is a book to guide us how to live our way of life , in a way that pleases
God almighty.

I would agree with my sisters and brothers here and say i would also avoid it.

Salaam

May Ayob
05-24-2011, 10:11 AM
Nevermind i just realised that everyone who replied were males very sorry again didnt read the gender.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!