/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Could you tell me about the Prophet (pbuh)

maryambintjared
04-18-2011, 12:10 AM
I do not know much about Mohommed (pbuh). One of the main things that has made me reluctant to accept Islam is the fact that I don't know a lot about this man, and I don't want to accept anyone as a prophet until I know more.

Does anyone have a link to a biography of him, which I can check against academic sources?

There are a few other reasons I've been reluctant to accept Islam, but this is a big one. I can easily say "there is no God but God, and Jesus is His prophet," but I don't know enough about the founder of Islam.

I do know that there are a lot of lies and slanders about him in the Western media, and I don't want to make the mistake of accepting Western views of Mohommed (pbuh) which are often based on prejudice. So, I would be interested in learning what is known from the Qu'raan and other early sources about the Prophet of Islam.

Thank you guys.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!