/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is skateboarding haraam?

Human_Being
04-18-2011, 03:04 PM
Yeh or no???????

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Reflections
04-18-2011, 03:46 PM
I've never come across it being haraam..but Wallahu A3lam

tw009
04-18-2011, 03:48 PM
Why would you think it's haraam?

Human_Being
04-18-2011, 03:58 PM
I dunno like maybe its imitatin nonbelievers opr becos its for fun only with no other benifit? I dunno if it counts if its sumthin non religious

friend took me 2 a skate part recently says im a fast learner went down shallow ramps on first day but i dunno if its sumthin i shud continue

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
missy
04-18-2011, 04:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Human_Being
I dunno like maybe its imitatin nonbelievers opr becos its for fun only with no other benifit? I dunno if it counts if its sumthin non religious

friend took me 2 a skate part recently says im a fast learner went down shallow ramps on first day but i dunno if its sumthin i shud continue
It's of course something non-religious cuz it doesn't involve worship...but if it engages you a lot and keeps you away from doing other good deeds then it's better if you limit yourself and not waste your time.....

As for it being Haraam....i've neva heard of such a thing...dunno but will have to find out if something like this exists..

Human_Being
04-18-2011, 04:28 PM
Yeh I get what u mean sis u can get 2 occupied with allowed things its a trap

Ubeyde
04-18-2011, 04:30 PM
If it stops you from doing bad deeds do it. It is always good to have a hobby to keep you busy. Do it only if you enjoy it and doesn't impend on your rights as a Muslim, i.e. infringe on Salat times, etc.

Woodrow
04-18-2011, 04:39 PM
there is a benefit to you as it does help you develop balancing skills which will be of great use when you get older. do it for physical development. any enjoyment is simply a bonus.

AslamP
04-18-2011, 06:33 PM
Of course not, enjoy!

Ansariyah
04-18-2011, 09:19 PM
I dont see why it would be haram?:hmm:

Skateboarding is lots of fun, so is Ice'skating, and rollerbladding. Everything the Non-Muslims do is not haram.

Cabdullahi
04-18-2011, 10:04 PM
its a sport....just like football....just like badminton

Beardo
04-18-2011, 10:58 PM
^ Precisely. No reason why it should be haraam. And FYI, saying something is Haraam is like calling someone a Kaafir. Just keep that in mind. To say something is 'haraam' is a big thing. (As said by Shaykh Abdur Rahman Manghera at Seerah Conference a couple years back. Some things just stick to you.)

CosmicPathos
04-18-2011, 11:47 PM
if you like to put yourself at huge risk of destroying or popping your eye ball, detaching your retina, breaking your bones, straining your muscles etc etc, feel free to skateboard.

GuestFellow
04-19-2011, 12:06 AM
Of course not.

ardianto
04-19-2011, 01:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mad_scientist
if you like to put yourself at huge risk of destroying or popping your eye ball, detaching your retina, breaking your bones, straining your muscles etc etc, feel free to skateboard.
But skateboarding is safer than Arab's Sandal Skating, isn't it ?

Ramadhan
04-19-2011, 04:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Oh My!

This is the first time I've seen such things!
If anything should be made haram, that is it, under the reason of endangering one's and others' lives!

Ansariyah
04-19-2011, 08:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mad_scientist
Drama'Queeeennnn!

But seriously, skating down a hill I did once fell of a bridge with my skateboard into a lake. SubhanaAllah, I only had a few scars, Alhamdulilah I was out of harm. They had rocks in that lake too, But Allah protected me! Alhamdulilah.

Be safe.

Maryan0
04-19-2011, 09:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah

Drama'Queeeennnn!

But seriously, skating down a hill I did once fell of a bridge with my skateboard into a lake. SubhanaAllah, I only had a few scars, Alhamdulilah I was out of harm. They had rocks in that lake too, But Allah protected me! Alhamdulilah.

Be safe.
You fell of a bridge into a lake! :omg::cry::skeleton::phew. That's so scary. Alhamdulilah you're okay.
Salam

GuestFellow
04-19-2011, 09:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah

Drama'Queeeennnn!

Be safe.
:sl:

I fell into a lake too when I was young. I'm glad I took some swimming lessons.

Maryan0
04-19-2011, 10:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto

These people are insane but lol at the figure skating type poses.
Salam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!