/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why are there contradiction in hadiths about Mahdi?

greenvalley
04-18-2011, 03:50 PM
Assalaam to all friends here,

I checked many hadiths.But there are some contradictions in hadiths about Mahdi and Dajjal.What's the reason for that? Can someone clarify?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
04-18-2011, 03:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenvalley
Assalaam to all friends here,

I checked many hadiths.But there are some contradictions in hadiths about Mahdi and Dajjal.What's the reason for that? Can someone clarify?
What do you see as contradictions? are you reading Authenticate Ahadith?

selsebil
04-20-2011, 03:27 PM
Assalaam Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh,

I don't know which contradictions you're talking about.But Religion is an examination, a test, which distinguishes elevated spirits from base ones. It therefore speaks of matters that everyone shall see with their eyes in the future in such a way that they remain neither altogether unknown, nor self-evident so that everyone would be compelled to confirm them. They open the door to the reason but do not take the will from the hand. Because if a sign of the Last Day appeared completely self-evidently and everyone was compelled to affirm it, then a disposition like coal would remain equal to one like diamonds. The mystery of man’s accountability and results of examination would go for nothing. It is because of this that there has been much dispute over many matters like that of the Mahdi and Sufyan.

Also, the narrations differ greatly; they have become pronouncements which contradict one another.

Abu Zainab
04-20-2011, 03:47 PM
^ Brother selsebil that is a very logical answer. If everything was as clear as day then everyone would be forced to accept the truth even if they didn't really want to. I believe Allaah SWT deliberately left some ambiguity to distinguish between different types of souls.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Asiyah3
04-20-2011, 04:42 PM
:wa:

Could you please show us the hadiths concerning the Mahdi and have you verified their authenticity?

Regarding Dajjaal, I recommend watching and learning from lectures told by reliable scholars.

Ghazalah
04-20-2011, 09:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Asiyah3
Could you please show us the hadiths concerning the Mahdi and have you verified their authenticity?
Ditto. Post them as some hadiths are fabricated and not authentic, also if read online you might be reading from a shia site unknowingly.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!