How long have you participated in it?

Are you able to teach it?

attachmentphp?attachmentid4248&ampd1303766545 -

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ghazalah
04-19-2011, 10:26 PM
WaAlyakum Asalaam...

I don't know if they're really hobbies but things I love to do in my free time:

-Reading hadiths which mostly consists of stories.
-Playing basketball
-Swimming
-Playing with kids :wub:

:D

Flame of Hope
04-19-2011, 10:28 PM
:wa:

format_quote Originally Posted by sabr*
Do you have a hobby?
Sure do.

What is it?
Reading.

Since the age of 8.

Yes. To my kids. :D

Jazakallah khair for asking some wonderful questions. :statisfie

R Khan
04-19-2011, 10:38 PM
No particular hobbies other than sleeping.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
S.Belle
04-19-2011, 10:56 PM
yes
drawing, painting , cooking, and crocheting
ive been drawing/painting since i was able to hold a pencil/pen/crayon etc (at least thats what mom told me)
cooking since I was in maybe 2nd grade at first just helping mom/gran and then once I got older it progressed into something that I love and do alot of
Just recently learned how to crochet and i tried teaching my mom and it didnt work out..
I have taught others how to cook and drawing/painting i prob could if I tried

Sunnie Ameena
04-19-2011, 11:42 PM
I love to quilt and read. I could probably help someone quilt if I tried.

Woodrow
04-20-2011, 01:08 AM
I still think of flying as being my hobby although the last time I piloted a plane was in January 2004. But, Inshallah I will be able to pursue it again. but this time for constructive purposes and not joy riding.

Other hobbies are:

Language studies
Drawing
Calligraphy
Training Horses (But I call it work)
Astronomy
Reading (But not as much as I did in the past)
Short story writing (Very Short)
Writing poetry
Collecting almost anything that is older than me.

Haya emaan
04-20-2011, 01:45 PM
my hobby reading reading reading...
don't know when i started it just remember huge piles of books we used to have when i was not even able to read..
now m trying to teach my lil sister how important and easy it is to read books
i love doing paintings also but don't get time for that

sherz_umr
04-20-2011, 02:16 PM
to unc woodrow: lol..to last hobby.
Calligraphy sounds interesting..iv seen some 'framed' works,like art, in my friends house..looks great. Hw long does it take to learn it? Im sure one needs to know arabic right?

Woodrow
04-20-2011, 02:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sherz_umr
Calligraphy sounds interesting..iv seen some 'framed' works,like art, in my friends house..looks great. Hw long does it take to learn it? Im sure one needs to know arabic right?
My last listed hobby is the most difficult. do you realize how few things are older than me;D

Calligraphy takes a lot of patience and a keen sense of touch. It had been a long time since I had last done any and I have lost a lot of the touch, but Insha Allaah I shall regain it.

IslamicRevival
04-20-2011, 03:10 PM
I used to have a lot of hobbies..but as ive grown older...I've become ''Hobbyless'

Re.TiReD
04-20-2011, 03:24 PM
Wa'alaykum as-salam

Yes

Painting/Calligraphy

4 years

Yes, I just got back from teaching an art class alhamdulillah

The End :D

peace_maker
04-20-2011, 03:33 PM
I never stick to one but their are few I enjoy,
*Reading Quran and particular stories
*Manga and Anime
*Writing stories
*Skipping

Sethi
04-20-2011, 04:04 PM
I like to write, mainly for theater shows that I am involved in. I run a small theater group that does sci-fi and other plays.

Revert 2010
04-20-2011, 04:16 PM
Reading,theatre,attending a few football games,film,sitcoms and modern Art am a big fan of Tracey Emin. Just a few lol : p

Beardo
04-20-2011, 04:40 PM
Writing, reading, technology...

GuestFellow
04-20-2011, 10:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lost Identity
I used to have a lot of hobbies..but as ive grown older...I've become ''Hobbyless'
Salaam,

I felt like that. I used to be much happier when I was little but as I got older, things appear to have gotten worse. Hopefully, things will be sorted out in a couple of years, Inshallah.

My hobbies are:

1. Reading books and articles, especially this: www.loonwatch.com

2. Watching documentaries and listening to lectures. I like to listen to Bilal Philips, Hamza Yusuf, Hamza Tzortzis, Dr Zakir Naik and Ahmed Deedat. This is the most interesting documentary I've watched: The Israel Lobby

3. Death Note is the most interesting anime I've seen so far but I'm trying to reduce the amount of time watching anime shows.

4. Playing computer games. My favourite game is Zelda Ocriana of Time. I still play the game sometimes. I liked Assassin Creed, the plot was good. Again, I'm tying to reduce the amount of time playing computer games.

5. Contract Law and Civil Litigation. This may sound sad but I find contract law and civil litigation really interesting. :p: I hope I can get a job in this area. Also, I never cared much about economics until the recession. I'm preparing to read Economics at London University externally (London School of Economics and Political Science). I would like to compare economics with Islamic economics...

6. IslamicBoard. :p: I like coming here.

syilla
04-22-2011, 06:00 PM
salams my hobby are selling stuffs and baking which not necessarily tasty

GuestFellow
04-22-2011, 07:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
Salaam,

You need to make croissants.

sabr*
04-22-2011, 10:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by R Khan
No particular hobbies other than sleeping.
As-Salāmu `Alaykum (السلام عليكم):

R Khan we hope you don't sleep all day and night. Sleeping all day will only produce dreams. We as Muslims invoke the following du'a. Insha Allah

Sahih Bukhari Volume 8, Book 75, Number 378:

Narrated Anas bin Malik:

Allah's Prophet used to say, "O Allah! I seek refuge with You from incapacity and laziness, from cowardice and geriatric old age, and seek refuge with You from the punishment of the grave, and I seek refuge with You from the afflictions of life and death."

sabr*
04-22-2011, 10:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla

Uhkti syilla:

we would hope that your baking stuffs are tasty or they will not sell.

syilla
05-10-2011, 06:43 AM

Uhkti syilla:

we would hope that your baking stuffs are tasty or they will not sell.

ooo the selling staffs and bakings are actually two different things :phew

جوري
05-10-2011, 04:05 PM
painting, writing prose and poetry and going to museums ...(if I can find the time) also doing the laundry..

GuestFellow
05-10-2011, 05:19 PM
^ Salaam...doing the laundry? :p: That is a bit unusual...

I have a new hobby. Eating carrot cakes, does not require much effort or concentration.

tw009
05-10-2011, 07:32 PM
Photography : )

tigerkhan
05-11-2011, 03:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ
also doing the laundry..
amazing. i can cook, clean but laundry is the most difficult thing for me. in my student life in hostel, sometime i wash my clothes but that was most difficult.

Reflections
05-11-2011, 03:45 PM
Reading..Islamic books..
Studying anything to do with Islam..Especially duroos on ahaadeeth, fiqh and qur'an tasfeer...
I also like baking..(sometimes)..Although my cakes end up becoming flat :/

AishaRayann
05-11-2011, 04:00 PM
writing poetry (14 years) writing short stories (9 years),lingusitics (on and off...arabic,french,russian), making art (all my life just about), advanced jewelry making (tedious),web design/webmaster (2 years), I use to be Admin or either Super Moderator on a few forums that dealt with Internet and Technology..but I quit them because they didnt go along with my Deen, I enjoyed working on the forums though..did that for 10 years...

my newest soon to be hobby is sewing plus size abaya size 1x-8x, arm sleeves,hijab,khimar...become internet business owner!!!! Insha Allah!!!

جوري
05-11-2011, 04:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tigerkhan

amazing. i can cook, clean but laundry is the most difficult thing for me. in my student life in hostel, sometime i wash my clothes but that was most difficult.
I just like the scent of fresh laundered linens, and clean bed sheets.. I absolutely detest cooking because to me it is the antithesis of laundry so it balances out =)

:w:

AishaRayann
05-11-2011, 04:05 PM
oh yeh another hobby.. Tearing apart computers and building new ones from scratch,Linux,Electronic/Computer Engineering...wow a girl likes this stuff haha

Salahudeen
05-11-2011, 08:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AishaRayann
oh yeh another hobby.. Tearing apart computers and building new ones from scratch,Linux,Electronic/Computer Engineering...wow a girl likes this stuff haha
Yaa I did that from 14 to 18 lol then it got boring.

Anas Hasan
05-12-2011, 02:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salahudeen
Yaa I did that from 14 to 18 lol then it got boring.
You remind me of my old PC (R.I.P).

My hobbies are: drawing, drawing, drawing (especially manga)
started about 15 years ago.

I also like writing stories, studing languages and foreign cultures, programing.

Another hobby (Addiction), computer games; especially strategy games and MMORPG games like micrvolts (a free simple online game).

I guess that's all.

sabr*
05-12-2011, 06:52 PM

Those who made a positive contribution to this thread it is appreciated.

Alhamdulillah!

Jazakumullahu Khair

GuestFellow
05-12-2011, 07:07 PM
Salaam,

I'm not good with computers but I like fixing broken stuff like tables, doors, door handles, chairs, etc...

ProudMuslimSis
05-12-2011, 08:40 PM
Does being on the computer any chance I get count?

Ok, drawing...especially sketching faces. And, yes...I can teach it to anyone. It's easy!

tigerkhan
05-13-2011, 05:31 AM
my newest soon to be hobby is sewing plus size abaya size 1x-8x, arm sleeves,hijab,khimar...become internet business owner!!!! Insha Allah!!!
i love this idea and strongly recomend u for this. i was also plannig on open "online islamic clothing store" bcz from pakistan preparatory cost is much low and there is no big initial investement but i have much other to do...

Pure Purple
05-13-2011, 07:21 AM
My hobby was playing chess
I came to know that it is haraam
now my hobby is seeking knowledge from Islamic board

Anas Hasan
05-14-2011, 12:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khan Rahila
My hobby was playing chess
I came to know that it is haraam
Oo playing chess is haram !!?!? who said so, or why?? this is the first time I hear it's haram.

Innocent Soul
05-14-2011, 08:36 AM
Visit this link.
http://www.islamicboard.com/showthread.php?t=134296342

'Abd Al-Maajid
05-14-2011, 09:31 AM
My hobbies are sleeping, Linux, playing video games, music imsad , computer engineering, data recovery...

I must say that you are the second lady after nixie pixel I come across who likes linux. :)

sabr*
05-14-2011, 06:29 PM

May Allah punish those who attempt to change the laws of Allah!

Always the lukewarm who make excuses for implementing the laws of Allah!!

The puesdo intellectuals pick and choose that which they fervertly support. When it directly
confronts that which they engage they will defend. This hadith refers to chess and not backgammon. The
main point is not to waste time with anything that doesn't promote Allah's word being superior. They will
never provide evidence showing that chess can be played.

Attempting to attack any of the Sahih Sittah puts you on the otherside of practicing Muslims who adhere to the
Quran and Sunnah.

Chapter 2: IT IS PROHIBITED TO PLAY CHESS

Sahih Bukhari Book 028, Number 5612:

Buraida reported on the authority of his father that Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) said:
He who played chess is like one who dyed his hand with the flesh and blood of swine.
__________________________________________________ ________

Al-An'am (The Cattle) 6:116
وَإِن تُطِعْ أَكْثَرَ مَن فِي الأَرْضِ يُضِلُّوكَ عَن سَبِيلِ اللّهِ إِن يَتَّبِعُونَ إِلاَّ الظَّنَّ وَإِنْ هُمْ إِلاَّ يَخْرُصُونَ (6:116)
Wain tutiAA akthara man fee alardi yudillooka AAan sabeeli Allahi in yattabiAAoona illa alththanna wain hum illa yakhrusoona

6:116 (Y. Ali) Wert thou to follow the common run of those on earth, they will lead thee away from the way of Allah. They follow nothing but conjecture: they do nothing but lie.

Pure Purple
05-15-2011, 10:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd Al-Maajid
My hobbies are sleeping, Linux, playing video games, music , computer engineering, data recovery...
koi mujhe bataega COMPUTER ENGINEERING KOI hobby HOTI HAI KY
meri english bahut kamzor hai
jaha tak mujhe pata hai ye engg ki branch hai.
han agar har class me do do sal drop laga to shayad hobby ho sakti hai

Muhaba
05-15-2011, 01:25 PM
i love to write. and i love reading too. but these days don't have much time for reading fiction.
have participated in both since i was like 12.
i can teach writing somewhat. used to have a website for that.

زهراء
05-15-2011, 01:39 PM
My hobbies are reading the Qur'aan aloud, reading interesting stories, sometimes writing poems and thinking about what I've achieved and what I aim to achieve. Masha Allah very interesting thread

Pure Purple
05-16-2011, 05:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abraar
My hobbies are reading the Qur'aan aloud, reading interesting stories, sometimes writing poems and thinking about what I've achieved and what I aim to achieve. Masha Allah very interesting thread
Masha Allah, Reading Qur'aan should be be hobby of every muslim

Ansariyah
05-16-2011, 10:57 AM
Gymnastics, Skating, Writing poetry, reading, relaxing, shopping, Photography, being in the company of the ones I love.

sister herb
05-16-2011, 12:22 PM
My main hobby is human right working, specially to Palestine, which I have done over 25 years. This includes for example spreading information about human right matters both to individuals and some international organizations, collecting funds and some needed things to sending to Palestine (like teddy bears this year), creating and co-operating with different kind of projects etc.

Other ones:

reading
gardening
baking and cooking
sitting too many hour daily on computer
talking with friends all over the world

Amanda
05-16-2011, 01:51 PM
I love baking... except that my brother complains that I'm trying to make him fat...
Other hobbies... reading, knitting, and quilting, all of which I have done for years.
Could I teach them? Maybe, if I had a fast learner as a student, as unfortunately patience isn't a strength of mine. :(

User29123
05-16-2011, 05:11 PM
Playing PS3 games, but the PSN is down lol well some things got up today.......I also like programming....

GuestFellow
05-16-2011, 05:28 PM
^ I heard PS3 got hacked. :/

Cabdullahi
05-16-2011, 05:31 PM
i love people and i show them affection by making them chuckle a little

S.Belle
05-16-2011, 05:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
the entire Playstation Network got hacked :(

GuestFellow
05-16-2011, 05:43 PM
^ I'm glad I was not affected.

'Abd Al-Maajid
05-16-2011, 06:00 PM
What do you mean? Are they able to mod, soft mod PS3? If that happened I will consider buying it. Last year I bought Xbox360 only because it could be soft mod and PS3 could not be hacked. I love Playstation and Gran turismo is exclusively available on PS. :-\

Now I think I've made a big mistake by buying an Xbox because all the games are releasing on windows platform aswell...

GuestFellow
05-16-2011, 06:06 PM

What do you mean? Are they able to mod, soft mod PS3? If that happened I will consider buying it. Last year I bought Xbox360 only because it could be soft mod and PS3 could not be hacked. I love Playstation and Gran turismo is exclusively available on PS. :-\

Now I think I've made a big mistake by buying an Xbox because all the games are releasing on windows platform aswell...
Salaam,

XBOX 360 = Red Ring of Death :skeleton:

PS3 HACK

'Abd Al-Maajid
05-16-2011, 06:11 PM
XBOX 360 = Red Ring of Death
Microsoft is crap, man!

Red ring of death, blue screen of death...:giggling:

However i have not encountered this problem.

User29123
05-16-2011, 06:19 PM
Yeah the whole PS3 got hacked but remember FREE games we get!!

GuestFellow
05-16-2011, 07:25 PM
^ The only game that I really liked is Assassin Creed. I liked walking around Jerusalem...

Dagless
05-17-2011, 08:03 AM

Where have you been? You can soft mod ps3 provided you have 3.55 or less I think.
Xbox rocks too. ixtreme or jtag?

'Abd Al-Maajid
05-17-2011, 09:26 AM
Well, I am not certain about that. the vendor did it for me...:-\

sabr*
05-17-2011, 05:26 PM

Just a question for those who participate in the games. Is gaming a hobby?

If you are not creating games is it wasting hours of time?

Doesn't playing those cited games require hours of learning and then hours of devoting your time to reach goals?

Just a question.

And we realize that youth are not the only one who play these games.

Jazakumullahu Khair

AishaRayann
05-17-2011, 07:10 PM
speaking of hobbies my new hobby right now is going to be playing with BT5 which came out a week ago...If you know about computers you know what Im referring to :D which in the mean time next check i got to get a newer router and alfa...

Muezzin
05-17-2011, 07:15 PM

Do you have a hobby?
Yes.

What is it?
Writing fiction. Which naturally includes reading fiction and non-fiction.

Writing? About ten years.

I can't even remember the first book I ever read for fun rather than for school.

I would give creative writing lessons to all paying customers.

User29123
05-17-2011, 08:47 PM

Doesn't playing those cited games require hours of learning and then hours of devoting your time to reach goals?

Just a question.

And we realize that youth are not the only one who play these games.

Jazakumullahu Khair
Very good question brother, well some require a lot of time and some can actually teach you things like new words lol. PC gaming I like since you learn a lot I learnt programming and other computer stuff from playing PC games...

So they can benefit you.

GuestFellow
05-17-2011, 09:43 PM

Yes.

I just play the games because it's fun. I like games that have a good storyline with a twist.

No. It usually takes a couple of minutes to understand how to play the game. How long it takes to finish the game depends on the game itself...

I don't play that many computer games anymore, some have inappropriate content...

sabr*
06-10-2011, 12:29 AM

All games require an investment of your time. If it wasn't entertaining the game wouldn't be played. The individual has to decide if playing a game is time consuming or a waste of time.

Fitting that our number 666 Post is on the issue of games being time wasting.

Allah 'Alim

Who Am I?
06-10-2011, 01:10 PM
Hobbies... I guess I have a few.

Gaming has always been one for me. Mainly video games but also tabletop games as well. Currently I'm playing Europa Universalis III (Magna Mundi Mod) as the Kingdom of Morrocco. Trying to see if I can change history and reconquer Iberia for the true faith...

History is another hobby of mine. It was the only class in high school and college that I didn't skip or sleep through. Of course, being a new convert/revert to Islam, I'm reading a lot about Islamic history now.

Also, Islam itself now is a hobby of mine, as well as my calling. There is still a lot that I don't know, and I want to learn as much as I can about it.

sabr*
06-13-2011, 06:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Just a Guy
Hobbies... I guess I have a few.

Gaming has always been one for me. Mainly video games but also tabletop games as well. Currently I'm playing Europa Universalis III (Magna Mundi Mod) as the Kingdom of Morrocco. Trying to see if I can change history and reconquer Iberia for the true faith...

History is another hobby of mine. It was the only class in high school and college that I didn't skip or sleep through. Of course, being a new convert/revert to Islam, I'm reading a lot about Islamic history now.

Also, Islam itself now is a hobby of mine, as well as my calling. There is still a lot that I don't know, and I want to learn as much as I can about it.

Akhi Just a Guy:

Islam doesn't fit in the category of a hobby because Islam is not the following:

Not a pastime, leisure pursuit, diversion, or sideline.

You are able to pursue Islam in the manner in which you will receive the best enhancement and
knowledge. But we suggest you limit your posts and threads and read all the posts regarding

1. Aqidah (Islamic creed) http://www.islamicboard.com/aqeedah/
2. Islam (Five fundamental Pillars) http://www.islam101.com/dawah/pillars.html
http://www.islam-guide.com/ch3-16.htm

(1) The Shahada (Declaration of Faith)
(2) Daily prayers (Salat)
(3) fasting during Ramadan (Sawm)
(4) almsgiving (Zakat)
(5) the pilgrimage to Mecca (Hajj) at least once in a lifetime

When you attain a complete understanding of the following then pursue Iman (Faith)

Who Am I?
06-13-2011, 03:41 PM
I am currently reading several books about Islam and have downloaded some podcasts on various topics relating to Islam. There is a lot that I still don't know and I want to learn as much as I can.

Well, maybe "hobby" was the wrong word for it. Islam is an interest of mine now, especially now that I have taken shahada and decided to follow Allah. I don't want to trivialize it in any way, and if it came off that way, then I apologize.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-13-2011, 06:49 PM

jimbo123
06-14-2011, 05:42 AM
I used to spend a lot of time and I mean a LOT of time playing videogames, watching films and TV shows. But then I came to a point where I realized how much time I wasted. Time is such a valuable thing. A game like Street Fighter 4 requires skill and can take a lifetime to master - so I said to myself "Why spend all this time learning to fight in a videogame when I can do it in real life and get fit at the same time?". Then there are the Grand Theft Auto games where you have fun missions and then really mundane stuff like collecting someone, getting from point A to B, buying clothes and properties. Again, I said to myself these are things I can do in real life, do I really not like my life that much that I have to go into a virtual world to do it?

So I don't play video games as much as I used to (maybe 2-3 in a year), I rarely watch films unless it's something I can't resist like X-men First Class and I only watch one TV show.

Now my hobbies are taking Kung Fu Lessons, reading and programming stuff. There are some people that argue that reading fiction (which I do a lot) is a waste of time. However, I find that it improves my concentration/attention span, vocabulary, it's a really good mental workout and I just can't resist a good story. There's nothing quite like sitting in an armchair on a cold winter's night with a mug of tea and a good book.

At the moment, I'm focusing on Kung Fu but I would like to learn to swim, ice skate and someday go travelling.

sabr*
06-14-2011, 11:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by jimbo123
I used to spend a lot of time and I mean a LOT of time playing videogames, watching films and TV shows. But then I came to a point where I realized how much time I wasted. Time is such a valuable thing. A game like Street Fighter 4 requires skill and can take a lifetime to master - so I said to myself "Why spend all this time learning to fight in a videogame when I can do it in real life and get fit at the same time?". Then there are the Grand Theft Auto games where you have fun missions and then really mundane stuff like collecting someone, getting from point A to B, buying clothes and properties. Again, I said to myself these are things I can do in real life, do I really not like my life that much that I have to go into a virtual world to do it?

So I don't play video games as much as I used to (maybe 2-3 in a year), I rarely watch films unless it's something I can't resist like X-men First Class and I only watch one TV show.

Now my hobbies are taking Kung Fu Lessons, reading and programming stuff. There are some people that argue that reading fiction (which I do a lot) is a waste of time. However, I find that it improves my concentration/attention span, vocabulary, it's a really good mental workout and I just can't resist a good story. There's nothing quite like sitting in an armchair on a cold winter's night with a mug of tea and a good book.

At the moment, I'm focusing on Kung Fu but I would like to learn to swim, ice skate and someday go travelling.

Akhi jimbo123:

applying self evaluation is the best barometer on the strength of a Muslims Iman (Faith, Conviction).

Your post was enlightening and hopefully will assist others who invest that much time in a game. It is usually an escape
for other unresolved issues. Video games have been responsible for breaking up families, especially those people living
with parents. It has been reported these disputes and arguments get people kicked out of the house.

A costly hobby.

Your honest assessment has enhanced the thread. Alhamdulillah!

Jazakumullahu Khair

jimbo123
06-14-2011, 06:52 PM
Walaikumsalaam! I'm glad you found my post useful. It's true though, video games and films can just suck you in.

Who Am I?
06-14-2011, 07:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jimbo123
Walaikumsalaam! I'm glad you found my post useful. It's true though, video games and films can just suck you in.
Tell me about it. Video games can be a time hole. I used to spend hours upon hours playing games when I was younger. Now I can barely go for an hour at a time before I get bored and turn the thing off.

sabr*
06-22-2011, 06:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by King of Nines
I am currently reading several books about Islam and have downloaded some podcasts on various topics relating to Islam. There is a lot that I still don't know and I want to learn as much as I can.

Well, maybe "hobby" was the wrong word for it. Islam is an interest of mine now, especially now that I have taken shahada and decided to follow Allah. I don't want to trivialize it in any way, and if it came off that way, then I apologize.

If we had several lifetimes we would not be able to perfect the application is Islam. Mistakes will be made and hopefully not
duplicated. Align yourself with strong practicing Muslims. Those who portray Islam as weak, subservient and not progressive
have the same agenda as the enemies of Islam.

sabr*
10-18-2011, 02:21 PM

Is coupon collecting that saves money for food and household items a hobby?

Is there coupon saving in other countries that assist in
saving on food or household items in chain grocery stores?

Iconodule
10-18-2011, 02:30 PM
Fishing.

I'm also a writer but I would say that's more than a hobby.

sabr*
10-18-2011, 02:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iconodule
Fishing.

I'm also a writer but I would say that's more than a hobby.
Peace be to you Iconodule:

We really enjoyed fishing when growing up. That hobby is very time
consuming and requires much patience. Do you catch and eat or
return the catches to the water?

What type of fish do you normally catch and what fishing hole? (Locations)

Iconodule
10-18-2011, 02:52 PM
Hi sabr- I like to fish but I'm not good at it ;D. I live in southeastern Pennsylvania (USA) and I fish mainly in creeks in the forest. I mostly catch bluegills and trout. I rarely catch anything big and I always put them back in the water. It takes a lot of time but when the time is spent around the beautiful water and trees it is very much worth it, even without catching anything.

sabr*
10-18-2011, 02:57 PM
Hi sabr- I like to fish but I'm not good at it ;D.
I live in southeastern Pennsylvania (USA) and I fish mainly in creeks in the forest.
I mostly catch bluegills and trout. I rarely catch anything big and I always put them back in the water.
It takes a lot of time but when the time is spent around the beautiful water and trees it is very much worth it,
even without catching anything.

We were unaware of any fishing spots near Reading, Harrisburg, Lancaster or Allentown.

shible
10-18-2011, 03:20 PM
I use to have the hobby of maintianing Aquarium,

I had around 50 fishes and then when i got a job outside my hometown i had to sell them,

I also had the hobby of reading and collecting books related to personal skills.

Now have so much work that i don't think much abt my hobbies till i get back.

planning to start once back...

Iconodule
10-18-2011, 03:23 PM

We were unaware of any fishing spots near Reading, Harrisburg, Lancaster or Allentown.
Peace upon you as well!

Do you live in the area? There many great forested parks and creeks around with plenty of good fishing opportunities. I live in Chester County where we have French Creek, Valley Forge Park, etc.

sabr*
10-18-2011, 03:31 PM
Peace upon you as well!

Do you live in the area? There many great forested parks and creeks around with
plenty of good fishing opportunities. I live in Chester County where we have French Creek,
Valley Forge Park, etc.

We have been fortunate enough to have lived on four continents and traveled
extensively within the United States. There are not many places in the
United States we have not traveled. Especially down the I-95 corridor.

Iconodule
10-18-2011, 03:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by shible
I use to have the hobby of maintianing Aquarium,

I had around 50 fishes and then when i got a job outside my hometown i had to sell them,

I also had the hobby of reading and collecting books related to personal skills.

Now have so much work that i don't think much abt my hobbies till i get back.

planning to start once back...
I love keeping fish but it is a very demanding (and sometimes expensive) hobby. Fish are so sensitive and so many things can go wrong in a tank! It's much easier to have a cat :)

.iman.
10-18-2011, 06:13 PM
Fishing! That reminds me of growing up, my dad would always drag me on fishing trips and I hate it! I was a "girly girl" so anything that made me get dirty, I didn't like.

In regards to my hobbies, I love to read, particularly memoirs, fiction and mysteries, and non-fiction books about Islam. I love to cook/bake and try new recipes, particularly North African/Middle Eastern food. Lastly, I recently picked up painting about 2 years ago. I am not very artistic, but it provides such a creative outlet. I keep it pretty simple with canvas and acrylic paints, nothing too fancy, but very relaxing.

Muezzin
10-18-2011, 07:40 PM
Everyone who likes writing as a hobby, check out this thread.

Shameless plug, but hey, you might be interested in entering a contest. :)

sabr*
10-20-2011, 12:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Everyone who likes writing as a hobby, check out this thread.

Shameless plug, but hey, you might be interested in entering a contest. :)

Shameless highjacking of a thread by a moderator.

sis muslimah
10-23-2011, 10:40 PM
Reading, playing badminton, cooking, listening to lectures/reeminders/quran/nasheed =)

IsamBitar
10-23-2011, 10:47 PM
Football! Hell yeah I can teach it; I'm sending my brother to play in a professional team in a couple years.

sabr*
10-24-2011, 07:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sis muslimah
Reading, playing badminton, cooking,
listening to lectures/reeminders/quran/nasheed =)

Ukhti sis muslimah:

didn't realize people still play badminton.

Tennis without allowing it to hit the ground.

What you hit in badminton is called a shuttlecock.

The shuttlecock can only be hit once and winning
a rally ends when the shuttlecock hits the opposing
players ground.

Badminton has been an Olympic Sport since 1992.

ardianto
10-24-2011, 10:36 AM

Tennis without allowing it to hit the ground.

What you hit in badminton is called a shuttlecock.

The shuttlecock can only be hit once and winning
a rally ends when the shuttlecock hits the opposing
players ground.
:sl:

Don't tell it to Indonesian people, or they will laugh out loudly. Do you know bro ? badminton is very popular in Indonesia. Even Indonesia is an elite nation in badminton.

Badminton has been an Olympic Sport since 1992.
Barcelona 92. Indonesia got 2 golds, 2 silvers, and 1 bronze

Gold : Alan Budikusuma (men single), and Susi Susanti (women single)
Now Alan and Susi are husband and wife.

Silver : Ardi B Wiranata (men single), and Eddy Hartono/Rudy Gunawan (men double)
Bronze : Hermawan Susanto (men single)

GuestFellow
10-24-2011, 04:06 PM
My new hobby is staring at food.

marwen
10-24-2011, 04:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tragic Typos
and you end up eating this food ?

GuestFellow
10-24-2011, 06:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by marwen
and you end up eating this food ?
Yes. :) Nice hobby. Try it...

~Raindrop~
10-24-2011, 07:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tragic Typos
My new hobby is trying to work out how to ban pictures of such food. ^o)

Endymion
10-24-2011, 07:09 PM
Is there any Infraction on posting such pics,Ayesha ^o)

There should be :raging:.Ice cream and cold drinks are restricted areas for me these days :hmm: and these pics are truly torturing me :enough!:

~Raindrop~
10-24-2011, 07:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
Is there any Infraction on posting such pics,Ayesha
No, but...

format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
There should be. Ice cream and cold drinks are restricted areas for me these days and these pics are truly torturing me
My thoughts exactly.

sis muslimah
10-24-2011, 07:57 PM

Ukhti sis muslimah:

yup badminton is very popular, where i live anyways =)

*Yasmin*
10-24-2011, 08:40 PM
my hobbies:
reading: started to be intersted in books at the age of 14, (i was reading before but not like at the age of 14 and above)
swimming: i still love it but stopped swimming in high school... it sounded not right to me not to wear hijab outside home even when the pool for girls only.. coz it's not secured..
drawing - i was drawing in elemntary school ..then stopped .. then lately i've been having the desire to draw out of a sudden and i started drawing manga..
writing "thoughts" in Arabic

Abz2000
10-25-2011, 11:10 AM
mine is breathing

sabr*
10-25-2011, 07:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abz2000
mine is breathing

Akhi abz2000 out of 660 posts you couldn't be a little more
imaginative? Breathing as a hobby? Really!

You couldn't locate another thread to disrupt?

The humor thread is still active.

Abz2000
10-25-2011, 11:23 PM
well it's a regular activity which i like to do......................
and some people go to yoga classes in their leisure time just to learn to breath properly.

A hobby is a regular activity or interest that is undertaken for pleasure, typically done during one's leisure time. :/:

sabr*
10-25-2011, 11:39 PM
well it's a regular activity which i like to do......................
and some people go to yoga classes in their leisure time just to learn to breath properly.

A hobby is a regular activity or interest that is undertaken for pleasure, typically done during one's leisure time. :/:

Breathing is a necessary function for human existence.

Hobby: an activity or interest pursued for pleasure or relaxation and not as a main occupation. (Stamp Collecting,Horseback riding,)

You couldn't locate the joke thread? What is the motivation in attempting to trivialize this thread?

Threads that await you:

http://www.islamicboard.com/puzzles-...es-thread.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/puzzles-...s-muslims.html

Abz2000
10-25-2011, 11:46 PM
alright bro, chill, sorry, i didn't know it was an intelligence gathering thread, that's all that came into my mind at the time,
peace,

i'll be serious this time, you best give me some reps and likes for it though,

i like taking things apart and remaking them in a unique style - here's one:

(this was the toshiba)

here's what the girl who bought it said:
FANTASTIC LAPTOP.WOW! Fab seller.Thanks for the fast delivery & fab service.5* juliekisby15 ( 944

)
30-Jul-11 17:53
GOLD - TOSHIBA SATELLITE L300 LAPTOP, CUSTOM RE-BUILT (#320732143842)

here's the trusty dell:

dž.as.a.džasmin
10-26-2011, 12:39 AM
I have a lot of hobbies and my interests (hobbies) are constantly changing.
I love to do all sort of handmade and creative stuff, sewing, knitting, handmade jewelry and accessories, gardening and planting flowers, taking photos of nature, drawing/art, photoediting, making web banners, animations, and reading poetry and novella.

sabr*
10-26-2011, 01:05 AM
alright bro, chill, sorry, i didn't know it was an intelligence gathering thread, that's all that came into my mind at the time,
peace,

i'll be serious this time, you best give me some reps and likes for it though,

i like taking things apart and remaking them in a unique style - here's one:

(this was the toshiba)

here's what the girl who bought it said:
FANTASTIC LAPTOP.WOW! Fab seller.Thanks for the fast delivery & fab service.5* juliekisby15 ( 944

)
30-Jul-11 17:53
GOLD - TOSHIBA SATELLITE L300 LAPTOP, CUSTOM RE-BUILT (#320732143842)

here's the trusty dell:

Akhi abz2000 :

Just look what can be accomplished with a small amount of effort and
thinking. Providing the forum with your creativity.

Jazakumullahu Khair

sabr*
10-26-2011, 01:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by dž.as.a.džasmin
I have a lot of hobbies and my interests (hobbies) are constantly changing.
I love to do all sort of handmade and creative stuff, sewing, knitting, handmade jewelry and accessories, gardening and planting flowers, taking photos of nature, drawing/art, photoediting, making web banners, animations, and reading poetry and novella.
Ukhti dž.as.a.džasmin:

Your positive contribution to this positive thread is embraced.

When time permits post some of your crafts. Are they for sale?

Jazakumullahu Khair

Abz2000
10-26-2011, 01:24 AM

That's just something I do when I have additional spare time,
What I find more fulfilling is seeking knowledge and unraveling deceits and plots of world leaders.
I never seem to get bored of it,
I also compile YouTube vids to pass on knowledge I gain:

dž.as.a.džasmin
10-26-2011, 07:51 PM
When time permits post some of your crafts. Are they for sale?
Cant post anything now coz im limited, but inshallah i will post it when i become full member. (For your information, it wont happen soon since I make just one or two posts per week :D, simply i dont have too much time for the forum).
Sometimes i do sale and i give it as a gift to my friends too. Hmmm, now dont become friend with me just coz u want something for free ;D

~Raindrop~
10-26-2011, 08:26 PM
^Do you do sparkly purple laptops? :hiding:

Abz2000
10-26-2011, 10:49 PM
^ i can make them

sabr*
11-24-2012, 08:11 PM

Have you learned any new hobbies?

fairy333
11-24-2012, 09:49 PM
reading books, gardening and cooking:)

'Abd-al Latif
11-24-2012, 10:46 PM
:salamext:

I love to read. I also enjoy sending Li trolls into oblivion and fighting epic battles with Darth Vader.

He wasn't really my father though...

cOsMiCiNtUiTiOn
11-25-2012, 02:22 AM
I want a purple sparkly laptop!!!!!! O_O

anyway, hobbies..... photography, thinking, researching, reading'

I kinda wanted to get into painting and or paper mache, I haven't decided yet. Something that doesnt involve the PC :D loooool.

- cOsMiC

Rhubarb Tart
11-25-2012, 03:15 AM

Have you learned any new hobbies?

Welcome back,

And no I haven't learnt new hobby. Planning to start kick boxing....

glo
11-25-2012, 06:45 PM
I love walking, gardening, cooking, reading, singing ... but my favourite hobby is

sister herb
11-25-2012, 11:19 PM
I just found new hobby: making home-made sweets. Sounds sweet hobby?

My last ones look like these:

sabr*
11-25-2012, 11:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rhubarb Tart

Welcome back,

And no I haven't learnt new hobby. Planning to start kick boxing....

That exercise will definitely maintain your overall health. Requires commitment.

sabr*
11-25-2012, 11:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
I just found new hobby: making home-made sweets. Sounds sweet hobby?

My last ones look like these:

Looks very appetizing. But the sweets are a contributor to diabetes, etc.
Everything in moderation. The sweets still look tasty.

sabr*
11-25-2012, 11:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
I love walking, gardening, cooking, reading, singing ... but my favourite hobby is

Sister GLO:

waiting for a new quilt now. Alot of work is required for knitting. Do you use a machine
or hand?

Moroccan Eucalyptus 3-piece Quilt Set on overstock.

_Y168
11-25-2012, 11:40 PM
Watching videos, listening to Audios and reading articles about the Shuyookh, Muathineen and anything to do with the Haramayn Shareefayn; and just Saudi 'Arabia in general. :statisfie.

Amat Allah
11-26-2012, 12:18 AM
Drawing, writing, cooking and others

Innocent Soul
11-26-2012, 12:55 AM
reading books, skipping, cooking, colouring , listening to Quran recitataion.

I am thinking of starting a new hobby. :nervous: But I have no idea which one to try. :unsure:

sabr*
11-26-2012, 06:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Innocent Soul
reading books, skipping, cooking, colouring , listening to Quran recitataion.

I am thinking of starting a new hobby. :nervous: But I have no idea which one to try. :unsure:

Ukhti Innocent Soul:

The following are hobbies anyone can adopt:

1. Reading
2. Woodworking (doesn't require muscle but brains, ready a ruler)
3. Gardening
4. Restoration of any kind
5. Marksmanship
6. Collecting (Postcards from around the world, Bookmarks from around the world, stamps, etc.)
7. Camping, Backpacking, Hiking
8. Ships in a bottle
9. GEO Caching
10. Model Building
11. Leather working
12. Bowling
13. Archery
14. Letter writing
15. Martial Arts
16. Cooking
17. Learning Languages
18. Amateur Astronomy
19. Genealogy
20. Running
21. Knitting

Just a few!

Scimitar
11-26-2012, 06:31 AM
parkour (free running), muai thai burran and wing chun - jing wu foundation (martial arts), photoshop (design), after effects (video making), gardening indoor (hydroponics) and outdoor, comparative studies (history and religion), philosophy, theology...

...and ofcourse, reading.

I think I've posted here already lol.

sister herb
11-26-2012, 09:02 AM

Looks very appetizing. But the sweets are a contributor to diabetes, etc.
Everything in moderation. The sweets still look tasty.
Salam alaykum

Don´t worry brother, I don´t eat them all alone but serve them to friends and guests as well.

GuestFellow
12-01-2012, 07:02 PM
I like to make snow cones. =)

I also like to go to sleep...

The-Deist
02-03-2015, 01:18 PM
I don't even know if I have a hobby
Used to do track and field (something around 5 years Allahu alam) and football (about 3 months Allahu alam)

greenhill
02-03-2015, 02:44 PM
My hobby was to learn everything. I was insatiable for any activity that is within my vicinity (with prerequisites like it was not filled with snobs etc... then it will be not be a hobby!)

I grew up in my primary school as a weak pathetic kid suffering acutely from asthma. Pretty much anything would set it off. Around 9 or ten I started swimming and with it came breathing and fitness. With fitness I managed to kick asthma's ass and I got fitter and suddenly a whole new world was open to me...beyond back gammon, chess and snakes and ladders, monopoly and stuff...

I learnt football, hockey, rugby, badminton, tennis, ping pong, squash, roller skates, skateboard, bikes, golf, water skiing, running (mainly longer distances), of course swimming, fooseball(?) the table soccer thingy (and was pretty good at that) snooker, pool, darts, archery, shooting, didn't really like basketball or cricket, did karate and judo (of course the Bruce Lee factor), which made me want to know more, started drawing, painting in oils, (not so much into photography), and also into music. Played the guitar (heavily influenced by Clapton & Knopfler), learnt the piano, can play some others by 'ear'. I am also guilty of enjoying the odd karaoke moments..... Then I picked up reading..... what a different world.... I'm suddenly reminded of the first command our holy prophet received "IQRA'!"

Then arrived the time I am allowed to drive!!!!!! I love driving....and I love riding!!!!!! And then I knew girls!!! WOO HOO... and I got wheels... WEE HEE... then my dad passed away, got married the next day (only joking but soon after) and out goes all through the window. I guess I'll share it with my children when they show their interest...Which they have (the boy is 17 and the girl is 13) and two smartass children I have.... I guess they should be my new and semi permanent hobby...:p

I still enjoy the odd golf games (which I think I will play more regularly when I retire) I ride a lot still and drive if I have to due to the traffic. I still play ping pong when I get the chance which is not often. .. and nearly forgot, an good debate occasionally!

:peace:

The-Deist
02-03-2015, 04:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
an good debate occasionally!
I think I have one everyday with my grand mother and maybe had when my grandfather was alive (RahimuhuAllah)

Abdullahh
02-03-2015, 06:43 PM
I have many hobbies including: Cars, target practice, spending time with family and my friends, reading the Quran and I don't know if praying counts as a hobby but I must say I get an immense pleasure from praying, it makes me very happy. I know some brothers and sisters who treat praying like it's a chore.

sister herb
02-03-2015, 07:16 PM
I just got new camera, so seems I have new hobby: photography.

Some results of my other hobby - knitting:

Attachment 5425

Attachment 5426

Attachment 5427

فصيح الياسين
02-03-2015, 09:31 PM
My hobby...
wht my prophet showed to do.....

ardianto
02-03-2015, 09:33 PM
"Stay away from girl". That was my friend told me when I was still active in my hobby, motorcycle racing.

I have competed in dozens motocross competition. From one track to other tracks, from one race event to other race events. That was a life that made me feel "alive". Until I decide to take a rest after accident in one race in Pangalengan. I just took a rest because I planned to back to race again, but .......

My friend was right. Finally I was in situation which I must choose when she told me "If you want to race again, just race again. But don't marry me!". So I decided to say goodbye to motorcycle racing, forever.

I love motorcycle racing. But I don't marry motorcycle. :)

فصيح الياسين
02-04-2015, 07:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
"Stay away from girl". That was my friend told me when I was still active in my hobby, motorcycle racing.

I have competed in dozens motocross competition. From one track to other tracks, from one race event to other race events. That was a life that made me feel "alive". Until I decide to take a rest after accident in one race in Pangalengan. I just took a rest because I planned to back to race again, but .......

My friend was right. Finally I was in situation which I must choose when she told me "If you want to race again, just race again. But don't marry me!". So I decided to say goodbye to motorcycle racing, forever.

I love motorcycle racing. But I don't marry motorcycle. :)
Hahaha nice said the last words.....

The-Deist
02-04-2015, 08:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by فصيح الياسين
wht my prophet showed to do....
Thats your lifestyle...

InToTheRain
02-04-2015, 10:28 PM
I used to play tennis/football/badminton but that all stopped at some point. So I used cycle a lot (to work and back = 14 Miles) but my Mom said no since there have been deaths around my area on round abouts etc so I stopped so she wouldn't worry as much... or maybe it was just a good excuse to be lazy :D
I still play football at times although I don't header the ball with my forehead anymore because I do Sajdah with it and I don't want to put a muddied ball I kick on it; is that strange?

Now I am trying to purify the Heart through Practice as much as possible and it's easier said then done. I think I have't done justice to what I have learnt so far as I haven't put much of it to practice so I need to establish firmly what I know before seeking further advice on improving myself. I try to fit it into my routine, this is quite a good device for counting Quran reciations (Surat Ikhlaas and Fatiha mainly), Dhikr, Dhurood etc
http://www.amazon.co.uk/XT-XINTE-Ele...igital+counter

Because if my Heart isn't correct then what I learn won't benefit me anyway.

taherdawoodi
08-27-2015, 12:47 PM
Hobbies - Calligraphy, woodcarving, jogging and poetry !!

Give me that much and I will be happy all day !! :statisfie

colinberry1
08-28-2015, 11:06 AM
I love antiques and collectables, also cooking and gardening.

Dawud1996
08-30-2015, 09:24 AM
Well Islam is my everything and I love gaming. I been playing off and on since a kid. I rather teach Islam than gaming, but yeah I teach my lil bros jejejeje.

strivingobserver98
08-30-2015, 12:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dawud1996
Well Islam is my everything and I love gaming. I been playing off and on since a kid. I rather teach Islam than gaming, but yeah I teach my lil bros jejejeje.
What kind of gaming? Consoles or PC?

ardianto
09-01-2015, 02:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dawud1996
Do you mean video game?.

Oh, oh, young bro, it's better if play the real game (sport) like football, tennis, riding bicycle. You will feel its benefit. At least, you will be healthier and have better stamina.

AasiaAbdullah
09-02-2015, 09:27 AM
My hobby is listening to the mesmerizing recitations of the Holy Quran in Muslim Mate. I also read the Holy Quran along with the translations and transliterations.

fhmn63
09-02-2015, 12:25 PM
I am hooked to internet.
Making my website to make more and more people aware of my beautiful religion. It is named Islamhashtag dot com

taherdawoodi
09-03-2015, 05:05 AM
my hobbies are reading, carving and calligraphy !!

yayyy !!!

umairlooms
09-03-2015, 10:29 AM
reading and surfing (the internet of course)

ardianto
09-03-2015, 01:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by taherdawoodi
my hobbies are reading, carving and calligraphy !!

yayyy !!!
Islamic calligraphy?.

How if you show us your calligraphy, bro?. :)

taherdawoodi
09-04-2015, 01:58 PM
Hello Adrianto,
I am still beginner level...

i have started up a thread onthe subject.. you can visit here - http://www.islamicboard.com/creative...lligraphy.html

format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Islamic calligraphy?.

How if you show us your calligraphy, bro?. :)

taherdawoodi
09-04-2015, 02:13 PM
Hello sherz_umr,
Calligraphy isn't too hard to start learning but it is hard to master... i have been doing it for over 6 months now and I can say i am good at it (beginner level) but no where close to mastering it !!

I love calligraphy too... maybe you can contribute your thoughts, comments here - http://www.islamicboard.com/creative...ml#post2854602 ??

T

format_quote Originally Posted by sherz_umr

taherdawoodi
09-04-2015, 02:14 PM
Hello Woodrow,
Would you please share some your calligraphy work, your thoughts, tips, tricks, etc ?

I started up a thread just for calligraphy and trying to get the calligraphers in this forum together !! - http://www.islamicboard.com/creative...ml#post2854602

T
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
My last listed hobby is the most difficult. do you realize how few things are older than me;D

Calligraphy takes a lot of patience and a keen sense of touch. It had been a long time since I had last done any and I have lost a lot of the touch, but Insha Allaah I shall regain it.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!