/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Good Deeds Game

Flame of Hope
04-20-2011, 07:19 AM
:sl:

"Whoever guides [another] to a good deed will get a reward similar to the one who performs it." [Sahih Muslim]

Do you know of ways of doing good unto others or earning lots of good deeds? I'm sure you do know of some ways. Here's a chance for you to participate in this game but you must follow two simple rules.

Rule 1: You get to mention one good deed that others can do easily. (Yes, LIMIT ONE. lol )

Rule 2: You get to post your good deed only after you select one of the suggestions given by members participating in the game and make the intention of doing it. You can do it now or a month later. I don't even care if you don't actually do it. Making the intention is an easy thing to do and that's all you gotta do before you post a suggestion.

For example, if I make a post saying:
Smile!
You would have to select the post I made and intend to "smile" and only after you have made the intention to do so can you post your suggestion or good deed.

Remember that Allah rewards you even for intending to do a good deed. Alhamdulillah! And imagine if someone not just intended to do the good deed, but also acted upon it! YOU would get rewarded for your suggestion every time a person acts upon it! Even if a person intends to do it, you would still get rewarded. So this is not a futile exercise. Rather it's a very profitable one.

So you ready to make some profit that you'll get to see in the Hereafter? Let's do it! :statisfie

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Flame of Hope
04-20-2011, 07:23 AM
Recite Sura Ikhlaas 3 times. That would be like reciting the whole Qur'an.

Flame of Hope
04-20-2011, 03:38 PM
Look at one of the signs of Allah and say, "Subhanallahi wa bi hamdihi!"

Hannah.
04-20-2011, 03:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Flame
Pray Salatul Doha (2 rakats minimum - 20 minutes after the sunrise till 20 minutes before Salatul Zuhr), as it is charity due on every joint of the body.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Flame of Hope
04-20-2011, 03:59 PM
Think about death and what it would be like to be in the grave. Those who think about death often are considered highly intelligent. :)

Flame of Hope
04-20-2011, 08:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hannah.
Pray Salatul Doha (2 rakats minimum - 20 minutes after the sunrise till 20 minutes before Salatul Zuhr), as it is charity due on every joint of the body.
I intend to, sister. It's just that it's hard to be consistent in it. :(

Anyway, I get to post my next good deed suggestion....:p

Gladden the heart of a Muslim. (Give your Mom a pleasant surprise or a hug.) :)

Ghazalah
04-20-2011, 09:47 PM
Gladden the heart of a Muslim. (Give your Mom a pleasant surprise or a hug.)
If I go down she will force me to eat some of her mango, I don't like it, but when she came home I gave her a hug and kiss. :D so to me that works :p

Next: If there is anyone you have an argument with and have parted upon that, then ask for their forgiveness.

PS-Posters please do try and do the deed with good intention inshAllah.

'Aleena
04-21-2011, 07:04 AM

Repent.

Reflections
04-21-2011, 10:38 PM
Say the 2 most beloved sentences in the sight of Allah...SubhanAllahi wabihamdihi subhanAllahil atheem!

Innocent Soul
04-22-2011, 02:29 AM
Today every time you drink water follow all the sunnahs of drinking water.

Flame of Hope
04-22-2011, 02:46 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by Bint Abi
Say the 2 most beloved sentences in the sight of Allah...SubhanAllahi wabihamdihi subhanAllahil atheem!
format_quote Originally Posted by Safiya 1
Today every time you drink water follow all the sunnahs of drinking water.
My dearest sisters, it looks like you haven't read the rules of the game. lol.

You have to intend to follow a good deed mentioned by any member in this thread and only after that can you post your good deed suggestion.

Flame of Hope
04-22-2011, 02:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by k.aleena
Repent.
Jazakallah khair sister k. aleena. The deed you have mentioned is one of the best that can be recommended, if not the very BEST! Alhamdulillah!

Here's my good deed suggestion for the day. If you do this, you go to PARADISE. :)

Say the following du'aa, considered the best du'aa for forgiveness:

'Allaahmma anta rabbee laa elaaha illaa ant. Anta khalaqtanee wa ana 'abduka wa ana 'alaa 'ahdika wa wa'dika mastata't. A'oothu bika min sharri ma sana't. Aboo'u laka bi ni'matika alayya wa aboo'u laka bi thambee. Faghfir lee. Fa innahoo laa yaghfiruth-thunooba illaa ant.'

[O Allah, You are my Lord. There is no god besides You. You created me and I am Your servant, following your covenant and [my] promise to you as much as I can. I seek refuge in You from the evil that I have done. Before You I acknowledge Your blessings bestowed upon me and I confess my sins to You. So forgive me, for surely no one can forgive sins except You.]

The Prophet [صلى الله عليه وسلم] said, 'Anyone who says this during the day, firmly believing in it, and dies before the evening; or says it in the evening, firmly believing in it, and dies before the following morning, will be among the people of Paradise.' "

[Sahih al-Bukhari, vol 8, pp212-3, no 318]

SlaveOfGod
04-22-2011, 03:02 AM

Say the following du'aa, considered the best du'aa for forgiveness:

'Allaahmma anta rabbee laa elaaha illaa ant. Anta khalaqtanee wa ana 'abduka wa ana 'alaa 'ahdika wa wa'dika mastata't. A'oothu bika min sharri ma sana't. Aboo'u laka bi ni'matika alayya wa aboo'u laka bi thambee. Faghfir lee. Fa innahoo laa yaghfiruth-thunooba illaa ant.'

[O Allah, You are my Lord. There is no god besides You. You created me and I am Your servant, following your covenant and [my] promise to you as much as I can. I seek refuge in You from the evil that I have done. Before You I acknowledge Your blessings bestowed upon me and I confess my sins to You. So forgive me, for surely no one can forgive sins except You.]

The Prophet [صلى الله عليه وسلم] said, 'Anyone who says this during the day, firmly believing in it, and dies before the evening; or says it in the evening, firmly believing in it, and dies before the following morning, will be among the people of Paradise.' "

[Sahih al-Bukhari, vol 8, pp212-3, no 318]
Jazakallh for the beautiful dua sister!

Recite Surah Al-Zalzalah.

Abdullah Ibn Abbas (radi Allahu anhu) reported that the Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said, "Whoever recites Surah Zalzalah (99) will get the reward of reciting half the Qur'an." [Tirmidhi]

Flame of Hope
04-22-2011, 06:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hannah.
May Allah reward you sister Hannah. First, that I made an intention to pray Salatul Doha....and second, that I did indeed pray Salatul Doha this morning. :statisfie

I wouldn't have done it if it hadn't been for your suggestion. Jazakallah khair!

Flame of Hope
04-22-2011, 07:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SlaveOfGod
Recite Surah Al-Zalzalah.

Abdullah Ibn Abbas (radi Allahu anhu) reported that the Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said, "Whoever recites Surah Zalzalah (99) will get the reward of reciting half the Qur'an." [Tirmidhi]
I didn't know that I would get reward of reciting half the Qur'an! Well, I'm going to intend doing it. And when I actually do it, I will post it here. That way you will know that your good deed suggestion made some profit. Heh heh.

My good deed suggestion for today is:

Mow your neighbor's lawn. Or do something nice for your neighbor. :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!