/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Advise me, I want to enter a shooting game competition

Samiun
04-20-2011, 03:11 PM
:sl:, I'm really a fan of playing fps games. Recently, I heard that there's a tournament coming up next week and I am really pumped up to join it :shade:. The problem is, the scholar Sheikh Salleh Al-Munajjid said in one of his fatwas (source Last Paragraph) that it is not permissible to join these sorta 'game' tournaments. I have a really2 deep interest in gaming and always want to go in to a competition as there are really few tournaments hosted here every year. I like to follow a scholar's advise, I would rather prevent a sin then commit one even if I have little knowledge. So what is your advise for me, should I pray Istiqarah? Again, I want to tell all of you that this is really important to me and I enjoy watching it more than football. Goin 2 bed now.. :D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
04-23-2011, 02:06 PM
wa alaykum us-Salaam
cant you find any other hobby to occupy your time?

competitions are good, just find the right one that will have a good influence on you.

Hamza Asadullah
04-23-2011, 10:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nbeel
:sl:, I'm really a fan of playing fps games. Recently, I heard that there's a tournament coming up next week and I am really pumped up to join it :shade:. The problem is, the scholar Sheikh Salleh Al-Munajjid said in one of his fatwas (source Last Paragraph) that it is not permissible to join these sorta 'game' tournaments. I have a really2 deep interest in gaming and always want to go in to a competition as there are really few tournaments hosted here every year. I like to follow a scholar's advise, I would rather prevent a sin then commit one even if I have little knowledge. So what is your advise for me, should I pray Istiqarah? Again, I want to tell all of you that this is really important to me and I enjoy watching it more than football. Goin 2 bed now.. :D
Asalaamu Alaikum, My brother the most important issue here is that of wasting time. Secondly no Scholar will recommend you to play such games rather they will tell you to avoid it.

My brother this time that you have now in your youth is SO important and precious if only you knew. How limited is our life and how can we really be sure that we will live until tomorrow.? We have a 50% chance of dying at any moment and 50% is a huge chance of dying yet we live everyday like we will live forever in this world but we are asleep and so heedless. We do so much for this world and gain wealth, propertys and various other investments but if we die the next day then will this wealth and assets accompany us?

The ONLY thing that will come with us is our good deeds. Our good deeds will be our companions in the grave and in the hereafter because they will be there for us when we REALLY need them the most, whereas what we gained in this world will leave us at the point of death.

So is it wise to spend our whole lives working for this world in expense of the next? Are we going to be here for that long that we should do so much for this world and neglect our final destination?

The succession of the night and day teach us an important lesson about this life; what goes will never come back again. This lesson is only understood by the wise people and leads them to invest all of their time in useful things as they realise that these times will never come back again. Once each second, minute, hour and day is gone it will NEVER come back. Yet our seconds go by and we do not even bother to ensure we make the best of how we spend them.

Rasulallah (Salallahu Alaihi Wasallam) urged us to use our time in a useful way when he said: “Grab five things before five others: your youth before your old age, your health before your illness, your wealth before your poverty, your leisure before your work, and your life before your death.” (Al-Hakim)

He also indicated that we are to be asked about these times and how we invested them in the judgment day. Rasulallah (Salallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: “A servants two feet will not move on the Day of Judgement until he is questioned about four (things): His youth, how he spent it, his knowledge, how he acted upon it, his wealth, how he earned it and how he spent it and his body, how he used/wasted it.” ( Al-Tirmidhi)

Worship in ones youth is the best worship that one will do in all of ones lifetime and this is because of the fact that this is the time that one will have the most desires and this is the time when one has passion, drive, determination and energy. The youth must use all of these things in wanting to spend their time pleasing Allah and doing those actions which will benefit them forever and NOT wasting their time in useless talk or meetings and especially on social networks on the internet and video games all of which are of no benefit to one in this world or the next.

So for the youth it is even more crucial NOT to waste ones youth on useless pursuits but in the worship of Allah so that one can be raised on the day of judgement as one who spent their youth in the worship of Allah.

So, whoever used his time for the benefits and pleasures of this life will regret after he died and his remorse will be very great at two times:

When he is dying he will wish that he is given another chance or extension to his life so that he may do good as Allah says:

In Falsehood will they be Until, when death comes to one of them, he says: “O my Lord! send me back (to life),- In order that I may work righteousness in the things I neglected.” By no means! It is but a word he says. Before them is a Partition till the Day they are raised up. (23:99-100)

The key to success in this life and the next is making the hereafter the MOST important thing to us and making it our main focus. If we constantly keep the hereafter as our main focus everyday of our lives and strive as much as we can everyday to ensure that each second is spent on building up our hereafter then we will not go wrong inshallah.

Ibn Masood said: “I have never regretted anything as a day spent of my life without doing good deeds.”

How many days have we had like this where we have completely wasted them? On the day of judgement we would want to go back so that we could gain the HUGE rewards that are available just for saying Subhanallah!

Bilal ibn ass’d once said: if we are asked: ‘‘do you want to die?’’, we answer ‘‘No’’; and if we are asked ‘‘why?’’ we reply ‘‘in order to repent ad do good deeds’’. However if it’s said to us ‘‘Ok then do good deeds’’ we say: ‘‘Yes I will do’’; we keep working for this life everyday and postponing working for the hereafter.

We CANNOT afford to waste a single second in this life wasting it on that which will give us no benefit in this world or the next. Once our focus becomes the hereafter then NOTHING else will matter. Even things that we do in this world like work, study, look after and provide for family, parents, wife children etc will be like worship for us because we will do them for the pleasure of Allah. Even going to the toilet can be a worship if done in accordance with the Sunnah. Our WHOLE life from sleeping, eating, going to sleep and even breathing can become reward and worship with the right intentions so let us not waste a second more.

In the hereafter, when people are rewarded according to their deeds in this life, he wishes if he can go back to this life so he can do good deeds as he has experienced the hardness of punishment. Allah says:

They will say: “Our Lord! Twice hast Thou made us without life, and twice hast Thou given us Life! Now have we recognized our sins: Is there any way out (of this)?” (40:11)

Qatadah said regarding the last verse: By Allah, they don’t wish to go back to their families or clans, to get more of the pleasure of life, or to spend and fulfill their desires. Rather, they wished to return in order to perform and do acts of obedience to Allah - the Almighty -; God have mercy on those who do, in this life, the same good deeds and act of obedience that the unbeliever will wish to do when they meet the punishment in the Judgment Day.

Allah Also says:

But warn them of the Day of Distress, when the matter will be determined: for (behold,) they are negligent and they do not believe! (19:39)

Ibn Kathir provided the following translation for the latter verse:

(And warn them of the Day of grief and regrets) warn the creation of the Day of Distress.

(When the case has been decided) when the people of Paradise and the people of Hell will be sorted out, and everyone will reach his final abode which he was destined to remain in forever.

(While (now) they are) today, in the present life of this world.

(In a state of carelessness) with the warning of the Day of grief and regret, they are heedless.

(And they believe not) meaning they do not believe that it is true.

Imam Ahmad narrted that Abu Sa`id said that the Messenger of Allah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: “When the people of Paradise enter Paradise and the people of the Hellfire enter the Hellfire, death will be brought in the form of a handsome ram and it will be placed between Paradise and the Hellfire.” Then, it will be said, “O people of Paradise, do you know what this is?” Then, they will turn their gazes and look, and they will say, “Yes, this is death.”' Then, it will be said, “O people of the Hellfire, do you know what this is?”' Then, they will turn their gazes and look, and they will say, “Yes, this is death.” Then, the order will be given for it to be slaughtered and it will be said, “O people of Paradise, eternity and no more death, O people of Hellfire, eternity and no more death.” Then the Messenger of Allah recited the previous Ayah; then, the Messenger of Allah made a gesture with his hand and said: “The people of this life are in the state of heedlessness of this life.”

Let us get ourselves out of this heedless state that we are in and let us make our ONLY focus the hereafter so that EVERYTHING we do we do to please Allah. Before we do any action we should just stop and think to ourselves "Is this action going to be of any benefit to me in the hereafter"? If it is not then let us do that which WILL be of benefit to us. This brief moment of reflection will help us throughout our lives because it will prevent us from wasting our precious time and it will enable us to spend our precious seconds pleasing Allah and doing good deeds.

A clever and intelligent person realises that they have such limited time in this world and therefore each second should be spent on doing that which will benefit them in the long term as oppose to in the short term. Short term gains are what we do for this world and long term gains are what we do for the hereafter. Now if we spend our lives living for this world then we will have gains which are so short lived and after we die what will we have for eternity? Whereas if we lived this life to a minimum and spent our entire lives working for the hereafter then we will benefit FOREVER!

This world is like a dream that will end at any moment and in the next world we will wake up from this dream and that is when reality will hit us but by then it will be too late to do anything about it. Our chance to act is NOW! Therefore we CANNOT waste a second more.

Let us spend our time learning about Islam and implementing what we learn into our lives as well as teaching others what we learn as learning is the best of all worship.

Let us enjoin good and forbid evil and give as much dawah as we can inviting people to the way of Allah. Let us attend the Masjid and keep good connection with it so that we can gain a good connection with Allah. Let us keep good and pious company and disregard those who do evil as bad company is like poison for us. Let us sit with the scholars and learned people and those who remember Allah.

Let us spend our time reciting the Qur'an as every letter is so much rewards that we cannot imagine. We will be raised among the levels of Paradise until we stopped reciting the Qur'an in this world. So let us keep reciting so that we can be raised to the highest stages of Paradise. Let us also learn the meanings of what we are reading so that we can understand what Allah is telling us and so that we can implement what Allah is telling us in the Qur'an into our daily lives.

Let us perfect our characters all of the time and whatever we need to change about ourselves for the better then let us constantly work on these things.

Abu Darda (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said, "Nothing will be heavier on the Day of Resurrection in the Scale of the believer than good manners. Allah hates one who utters foul or coarse language.''

Let us strive to be the best towards others in conduct and let us serve our parents as much as we can as serving ones parents is better than jihad.

Let us give as much as we can to charity for the pleasure of Allah for we will regret the money we wasted and did not spend in the way of Allah.

Let us also busy ourselves in prayer and much prostrations in the for of nawafil prayers because the more we prostrate to Allah in the form of prayer then the higher our ranks will be in the hereafter.

We should always ask of Allah in dua and know that dua is the weapon of the believer and this weapon should be used as much as possible for all of our duas that are not answered in this world will be stored for us in the hereafter and when we see the reward of those duas we thought were not accepted then we will wish that NONE of our dua's were ever accepted just so that we can gain these HUGE rewards.

We should be of the appreciative and thankful and always thank Allah for everything he has given us because he has done so many favours for us that we can never imagine. Allah gives more to the thankful and increases them in blessings.

-Allah likes those who are thankful [39:7]

-Allah rewards those who are thankful [3:144]

-Allah gives more benefits and blessings to those who are thankful [14:7]

-Allah protects those from harm who render Him thankfulness [54:34-35]

Also let us be patient through trials, hardships and adversities because they will help rid us of sin and it may be that a person who went through much trials in the world would face Allah with little or no sin and imagine how lucky that person would be on a day when we will tremble for the sins we committed in the world. What a terrible day that will be. So we should spend our time in repentance and have hope in the mercy of Allah and at the same time have fear that our repentance and deeds won't be accepted. Hope and fear should always be balanced and one should not have too much hope and one should not have too much fear but strike a balance between the two.

Let us keep our tongues moist with the remembrance and glorification of Allah, How easy is it for us to utter useless words but how much will we regret when we realise that instead of all the useless talk we did in the world we we could have glorified Allah and even one glorification of Allah like Subhanallah and La ilaha ilallah gains one rewards one cannot imagine. It is just that in this world we cannot see these rewards but when we will see the rewards for ourselves on the day of judgement then we will say "Woe to me i wasted my life in useless talk when i could have been glorifying and remembering Allah."

Hadhrat Mu'az [RA] narrated Rasulallah (sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: “The Inhabitants of Paradise will not be grief stricken or sorrowful about anything they did in the life of the world except for the time they spent without being in the remembrance of Allah” (Tabaraani)

We can remember Allah where ever we are no matter what we are doing and this is the best thing we can do in our lives is to constantly remain in the remembrance of Allah. If we alwyas have Allah in our hearts then we will do EVERYTHING to please him and refrain from anything that displeases him.

The Prophet of Guidance (sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) told us that remembrance of Allah is the best and the purest deed.

Abu Dardaa narrated that the Messenger of Allaah (sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said, “Shall I tell you of the best and purest of your deeds before your King, the one that elevates your position the most; that is better for you than meeting your enemies whose necks you strike and they also strike your necks, and better than spending gold and silver?” The companions said, “O Yes.” The Prophet (sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) then said, “Remembrance of Allaah, the Exalted.” (Ahmad, Tirmidhi and others).

My brother let us take heed and make the changes in our life NOW for tomorrow may never come and then we will regret the precious short time we have wasted in our lives on useless pursuits.

Let us think before doing any action to ensure that EVERYTING we do we do to please Allah and if it will benefit us in the hereafter then we should do it but if it will only waste our time then we should not do it.

We CANNOT put this off any longer for shaythan will always say to us "You can change after you have done this or after you have done that, You can change next week or tomorrow". But tomorrow may never come so the time to change and act is NOW!

Al-Hasan Al-Basri said: “Seek sweet happiness in three things: performing prayer, Remembering Allah, and reading the Holy Quran. If you find (delight in those three things), it is alright. But if you do not, it means that the door (to Allah’s Love and Mercy) is closed; so search for the reason.”

Another of the righteous men said, “How miserable people of the present world are! They pass away from it without having tasted the most delicious thing therein.” And when he was asked: “What is the most delicious thing therein?”, he said: “Knowing Allah, the Almighty, loving Him, and remembering Him.”

So let us strive to make the best of each second of our lives to ensure that each second is spent on pleasing Allah and each second that we waste on that which will not benefit us in the hereafter will be seconds that are wasted and seconds that we will regret FOREVER!

Here is how you should spend everyday:

30 ways the youth should spend everyday of their lives!

http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...eir-lives.html

And Allah knows best in all matters

Samiun
04-24-2011, 11:04 AM
:sl: Hamzah and Ummu Sufyan, thank you for the replies. I really need em since I am desperate to find the truth and answer. Look, before I forget to say this I will say it :X, I want to compete in the tournament so that I will hopefully gain an 'achievement' in co curricular activities in my school. I don't think I got one yet and I'm always astonished at those who get them especially when they're younger than me :(

@Ummu Sufyan
I don't think I can find another hobby that isn't good as this one. I had played and practiced to be the best of the best in this sport, which is called e-sports that involves pc games and video games. When I first started, I straight away got into it. Ever since I was a child, I've been playing a lot of variety games mainly the ones that is the racing type. Alas, I found this game and it has a really huge community, it trains you leadership and mentality. Can you elaborate how this game influence me in a bad way, I would really like to know. Sometimes, I have the problem to miss solah or not to be on time while playing this game. I guess I can only blame myself to not perform one of the pillar of Islam. Football, tried it and I sucked. Basketball, tried it and getting a hang of it but I don't really have much interest on it :\

@Hamzah81
I am fully of aware of the hadeeth of Rasulullah :saws: which is “Grab five things before five others: your youth before your old age, your health before your illness, your wealth before your poverty, your leisure before your work, and your life before your death.” (Al-Hakim) , and I'm really grateful and thankful that you brought that up and elaborated in real detail. However, if I were to act like this then what if others question me? Those who are close to me and friends of mine, in what way shall I respond? I couldn't possibly enforce this on everybody, the wise ones will surely have a way around it. I played this game and practiced it for a couple of years, which suddenly turned into a shattered mirror when the Sheikh brought up this matter. I really like this game, it has a real huge community and have lots of international competition(although it is dieng, in the USA). You said that this will be a waste of time, but if I were to play football, make a living out of it and made it to the professional level, wouldn't it be the same as I had just wasted a couple of years playing a game rather than using half of the time to perform good deeds to please Allah S.W.T.. Also in football, there are bets going on, wouldn't it be haram then for me to join football? I think that the game that I play is rather a new type of genre that has emerged in the 21st century. I tried to keep out of this game, in fact it was last year. I left the game for my studies and now I'm returning to just have some fun. So lets say it's haram, then how about other shooting games? Am I not allowed to have fun with other teenagers by playing games anymore? :(. When a person leaves something for Allah's sake, he will give something better, I know this but I can't get my head out of this game it's really fun to play with :(. end post :X

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hamza Asadullah
04-24-2011, 04:00 PM

@Hamzah81

I am fully of aware of the hadeeth of Rasulullah :saws: which is “Grab five things before five others: your youth before your old age, your health before your illness, your wealth before your poverty, your leisure before your work, and your life before your death.” (Al-Hakim) , and I'm really grateful and thankful that you brought that up and elaborated in real detail. However, if I were to act like this then what if others question me? Those who are close to me and friends of mine, in what way shall I respond? I couldn't possibly enforce this on everybody, the wise ones will surely have a way around it. I played this game and practiced it for a couple of years, which suddenly turned into a shattered mirror when the Sheikh brought up this matter. I really like this game, it has a real huge community and have lots of international competition(although it is dieng, in the USA). You said that this will be a waste of time, but if I were to play football, make a living out of it and made it to the professional level, wouldn't it be the same as I had just wasted a couple of years playing a game rather than using half of the time to perform good deeds to please Allah S.W.T.. Also in football, there are bets going on, wouldn't it be haram then for me to join football? I think that the game that I play is rather a new type of genre that has emerged in the 21st century. I tried to keep out of this game, in fact it was last year. I left the game for my studies and now I'm returning to just have some fun. So lets say it's haram, then how about other shooting games? Am I not allowed to have fun with other teenagers by playing games anymore? :(. When a person leaves something for Allah's sake, he will give something better, I know this but I can't get my head out of this game it's really fun to play with :(. end post :X
Asalaamu Alaikum, Firstly my brother i cannot give you fatwas as to which games are haraam and which aren't. But what i can say to you is that firstly NO scholar will ever recommend you to play any type of video game and secondly as i have mentioned in my first post to you these games waste a SIGNIFICANT amount of ons precious time. I emphasise significant because my brother if you were to make a diary of the amount of time you spent playing these games and add up the hours after a month you will realise how much precious time you have lost.

When i was very young that is when consoles like super Nintendo and Sega Megadrive were very big but the games they had were very basic and one can complete them in no time. But nowadays consoles and video games have advanced so much so that each game can last several months but the games you are talking about which involves interactive game play with live international players can go on forever! Some of the games contain explicit material and profanity and are also extremely voilent.

There was a scientific study done on a group of children which they showed on national TV here in the UK where half of the children were playing soft games and the other half were playing extremely voilent games. Each child was called into an office and interviewed. During the interview the interviewer "purposely" knocked over a pencil box right in front of the child just to see how the child would react.

The study showed that the kids who were exposed to the soft games picked up the pencil box everytime but NONE of the kids who played the voilent game even twitched to pick up the pencil box they ignored it. This study showed that people who play voilent games can become de-sentisized to things around them and there is no doubt that such voilent games have a bad affect on a person in the short and long term.

It is far better that you do physical sports where you can actually gain health benefits from it than to play virtual video games where you will not gain any benefits physcially or spiritually but instead waste time and do yourself more harm than good. Why be social virtually when you can be social physically?

You mentioned you left the game for studies because it was obviously getting in the way of you studying and then you also mention that you miss Salaah because of the fact that you have to be on schedule to play this game and if its Salaah time then it is likely that you will miss your Salaah so looking at this can it really be good for you to continue playing such games and not only waste significant amount os your precious time but miss your Salaah as well which is the purpose of your life. No doubt my brother these video games are getting in the way of you pregressing in this world and the next that is why you leave it for studies but why do you not leave it because its getting in the way of your Salaah and worship?

You should not hang around with such people who involve themselves in useless activities but instead choose to hang around with those who are practising or at least want to practice their deen and want to be closer to Allah.

You do not need to explain anything to such people, just tell them you want to do that which benefits you more. You do not need to get into detail debates about it. This is your life not theirs and you need to think about yourself because your death can come at any second and you need to prepare for death before it arrives. Do not assume you will live until old age as this is a clear deception of shaythan. Go to the grave yard and you will see people buried of all ages from 0-120.

The point is my brother that maybe right now you may not regret the significant amount of time that you are wasting but surely you will regret this precious time lost in the future when you look back and realise how precious the time of ones youth really is. Surely its better if you be form with yourself now and realise that your time now is more precious than any other time in your life!

My brother we will regret FOREVER the precious time we have wasted in our youth if not in this world then certainly in the next world when we will be shown what good deeds we could have gained if we used our time even a little bit more wisely and we will surely regret the IMMENSE rewards we missed out on just so that we can satisfy our desires by doing that which has no benefit to us in this world or the next.

So my brother do not be of those who spends eternity regretting the time one has wasted in this world but be of those who learns from his errors and takes action NOW to ensure that the time one has is spent wisely and in that which benefits one in this world and the next.

There are plenty of things you can do to have fun but at the same time carry physical benefits aswell as spiritual. Here are just 10 suggestions:

1. Spend your time on physical activities as oppose to virtual.

2. Choose your friends wisely and rather than hang around with friends who involve themselves with video games and other useless activities instead involve yourself with friends who keep close connection with the Masjid and try to practice the deen

3. Go out for meals with family and close friends

4. Treks to the country side and mountanous areas and places of natural beauty where you can go camping and do various fun activities as well as contemplate and ponder over the creations of Allah.

5. Involve yourself with activities with local Muslim youth groups and masjids.

6. Involve yourself in Islamic courses

7. learn Arabic, fiqh, tafseer of the Qur'an.

8. Spend time with scholars and learned and pious people.

9. Involve yourself in learning deen because at this age it is easier to learn than when you grow older.

10. Memorise the Qur'an as much as possible as you have a fresher mind now.

Do everything which will benefit you in this world and the next and at the same time you can have fun within the limits and boundaries Islam has set and that "fun" will give you MUCH more pleasure than "fun" which wastes time and does more harm than good.

Please check out the following beneficial threads as well as the ones i quoted in my first post.

The Effects of Good deeds will remain forever!!!

http://www.islamicboard.com/showthread.php?t=134303409

Wasting Time is worse than Death!

http://www.islamicboard.com/showthread.php?t=134303410

From a Smile to sudden DEATH!!!

http://www.islamicboard.com/showthread.php?t=134305107

Want to see the REAL appearance of Almighty Allah everyday?

http://www.islamicboard.com/showthread.php?t=134303154

If you need anymore help or advice then please do not hesitate to ask.

ardianto
04-25-2011, 04:11 AM
Assalamualaikum, brother Nbeel.

If you want to compete in shooting game, it's better if you compete in the real shooting instead in the virtual shooting.

Unfortunately, shooting is an expensive sport. But, there are many cheaper choices if you want to have a hobby which you can play and compete, such as badminton, table tennis, running, and many more.

As a lay Muslim I cannot say if video game is halal or haram, but my advice, play and compete in the real sport in the real world, not virtual sport in the virtual world.

Samiun
04-25-2011, 09:47 AM
:sl:, okay I'll just join this tournament, make it my last appearance, do dhikr during play and after, win, Inshallah~ :)

@Hamzah
Well said... can I just join this tournament, just one last time :shade:. I feel really pumped man.. I just have the need to go out there and start pwning people on LAN :X.

1. Spend your time on physical activities as oppose to virtual.
Somehow I get pretty bored and frustrated. It's just not fun when my ball isn't going inside the ring or the shuttlecock won't go far as I want it to be. Whereas with the fps game, I can pretty much out-smart my opponents in certain situations.

2. Choose your friends wisely and rather than hang around with friends who involve themselves with video games and other useless activities instead involve yourself with friends who keep close connection with the Masjid and try to practice the deen
I don't think I have friends in school who goes to the Masjeeed and shows the best of characters. I'm still searching for it though... I hardly find any teenager who doesn't play virtual games because all of them do most of the time. Well, in my school that is :X

3. Go out for meals with family and close friends
I do this a lot of time, but not with my friends.

4. Treks to the country side and mountanous areas and places of natural beauty where you can go camping and do various fun activities as well as contemplate and ponder over the creations of Allah.
What a splendid idea, I always have the intend to explore more about my country. I'll try if I can though..

5. Involve yourself with activities with local Muslim youth groups and masjids.
Hmm I'm getting into this, inshallah there will be more activities here in the coming future.

6. Involve yourself in Islamic courses
I really have a deep interest in this one, at the moment there's none. If there is, I am too shy to ask. Darn it :(, I am hoping that someone would introduce to me.

7. learn Arabic, fiqh, tafseer of the Qur'an.
I also have a real deep interest in this. Never went into one but inshallah I will. Sometimes I have no transport to go to the masjid or I just forget.

8. Spend time with scholars and learned and pious people.
These are awesome people, but I get shy around them..:nervous:

9. Involve yourself in learning deen because at this age it is easier to learn than when you grow older.
True. How should I learn about Islam if I am in a university and the course I'm taking isn't related to Islam?

10. Memorise the Qur'an as much as possible as you have a fresher mind now.
Heard this one from sheikh Kamal El-Mekki, real cool guy :shade:. As for memorising the Al-Qur'an, I have stopped in the progress so far. I get caught up with my h/w sometimes and forget to memorise, but I do recite certain Surahs which will benefit me in the hereafter :D

format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Assalamualaikum, brother Nbeel.

If you want to compete in shooting game, it's better if you compete in the real shooting instead in the virtual shooting.

Unfortunately, shooting is an expensive sport. But, there are many cheaper choices if you want to have a hobby which you can play and compete, such as badminton, table tennis, running, and many more.

As a lay Muslim I cannot say if video game is halal or haram, but my advice, play and compete in the real sport in the real world, not virtual sport in the virtual world.
:sl:, if it was real shooting I don't think my dad would let me join it. I have a keen interest on table tennis and basketball, but this two are like out of my list because there's no tournament held anymore for this yearI suppose. I should be able to qualify for state-region if I won in table tennis a few months back but I didn't because we don't have a coach who would put his/her time on us to make us better at school. I wanted to join an outside of school table tennis team but that dream died out. The main reason why I want to play and join this tournament is just to make my academic records at school better. I haven't win any academic event for more than four years now and I think if I don't do something I'm going to be wasted.. :X. Let me say that most professional fps gamers workout in their homes just to be fit and ready both mentally and physically for the game. This FPS game really require skill, teamwork and strategy almost like Warcraft 3 :).

Hamza Asadullah
05-20-2011, 03:50 AM
:sl:, okay I'll just join this tournament, make it my last appearance, do dhikr during play and after, win, Inshallah~ :)

@Hamzah
Well said... can I just join this tournament, just one last time :shade:. I feel really pumped man.. I just have the need to go out there and start pwning people on LAN :X.

Wa Alaikum Asalaam

There is never a last time. Today could be our last day for tomorrow may never come.

Somehow I get pretty bored and frustrated. It's just not fun when my ball isn't going inside the ring or the shuttlecock won't go far as I want it to be. Whereas with the fps game, I can pretty much out-smart my opponents in certain situations.

You can do the same in real life it is just a matter of playing it enough to be able to establish the right techniques etc. Plus in real life there are real interactions and a real benefit to ones health whereas on fps there is cyber interactions and no benefit physically

I don't think I have friends in school who goes to the Masjeeed and shows the best of characters. I'm still searching for it though... I hardly find any teenager who doesn't play virtual games because all of them do most of the time. Well, in my school that is :X

If you have always been involved in such games then you will find friends with those interests. However once you start getting involved in the Masjid then eventually you will find good company and group of friends from the Masjid or on Islamic courses etc. So get involved in the masjid, Islamic courses and activities and you will find a group of like minded friends for company.

I really have a deep interest in this one, at the moment there's none. If there is, I am too shy to ask. Darn it :(, I am hoping that someone would introduce to me.

One should never sit there and hope something will come to them. One has to make the required effort to get what one wants. If it is beneficial for you then go for it do not hold back for you may regret doing so later. Shaythan tries to put us off that which is beneficial for us but once you take the steps you will think "Why did i ever hesitate in the first place?"

I also have a real deep interest in this. Never went into one but inshallah I will. Sometimes I have no transport to go to the masjid or I just forget.

Just try to go as much as you can. Allah looks at ones effort. If you make required effort then Allah will make things easier for you. What better desire can we have than to desire to go to the house of Allah and from there establishing a close connection with Allah.

These are awesome people, but I get shy around them..:nervous:

They are just human like us but have been given the gift of knowledge. Once you approach them then you will think why did i ever hesitate to do so as they are very easy going and more than willing to help and advise you as much as they can. So again take the necessery steps and the rest will fall into place.

True. How should I learn about Islam if I am in a university and the course I'm taking isn't related to Islam?

There are many Islamic courses which are always running. Many of which are probably taking place at a University campus as many of the universities today have Islamic societies which are very active and run many courses. You will also find many courses in your local area which are run on certain evenings or weekends so that students and workers can partake in them. There are also many good online courses nowadays which are very flexible so can be done even on a busy schedule. So again it requires effort and if one puts in enough effort then the rest will become easy.

Heard this one from sheikh Kamal El-Mekki, real cool guy :shade:. As for memorising the Al-Qur'an, I have stopped in the progress so far. I get caught up with my h/w sometimes and forget to memorise, but I do recite certain Surahs which will benefit me in the hereafter :D

You should definately start again as soon as possible. Make a habit of memorising a minimum of one ayah a day for that is possible for all of us to do. Since you are young then make the best of your young and fresh mind for it will become harder as you get older.

So my brother do not waste this precious time because when you are older(if you are still alive by then) you will regret the time you wasted in your youth which is the BEST time for worship to Allah because the youth is the time when one has the most desires and so the youth who resists these desires and temptations will taste the sweetness of their abstainance from that which is forbidden and displeasing to Allah in the hereafter.

Make the hereafter your purpose in life. Live everyday for the hereafter and meeting Allah in Jannah. This life is such a short while but Jannah is for eternity so work for Jannah but know that it is an uphill struggle whilst Jahannam is easy and is downhill.

Establish a close connection with the Masjid and attend your prayers there as much as you can and you will find good brothers to be-friend and for company. Be the best towards your parents and serve them as much as possible for serving ones parents is the best of rewards. Keep ties with your family and treat everyone the best.

Anyone who is a bad influence is a poison so you must keep away from poison at all costs. If they ask then say you are going towards Allah so will not do what you used to do. Be firm in this and NEVER give in to temptation to do any evil.

So spend everyday doing EVERYTHING to please Allah and refrain from anything which angers or displeases him.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!