/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Need a software

peace_maker
04-23-2011, 11:50 AM
:sl:

Few days ago, I formatted my Nokia E51 but, forgot to copy my contacts which were in the phone memory.
I want them back now.

Suggest me any software which can retrive lost stuff from mobile phones and is also compatible with my phone.
A free downloadable version is most appreciated.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Vito
04-23-2011, 01:28 PM
I don't know much about phones but, I was always under the impression that if you format something, its gone for good.

peace_maker
04-24-2011, 05:22 AM
^But I heard that there are some softwares that can help, thanks to the technology these days. ;D
My bro found the messages in a hidden folder after formatting.
If you explore your phone more, you'll find out that your phone's full of surprises. :p

Yanal
04-24-2011, 06:15 AM
:sl:

I'm not sure if there is such a software(honestly I don't have much hindsight about phones) but just tell some of your friends to text them your number or something like that if you can't find a software.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ramadhan
04-24-2011, 06:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by -Kai-
I don't know much about phones but, I was always under the impression that if you format something, its gone for good.
For computers, even if you've formatted it, there's still ways to retrieve old data. And even if you burn your computer as long as the hard disk are not totally destroyed, you can still retrieve the data. However, the machine and programs that are able to do that are very expensive and require trainings to operate.
I don't know about cellphone, though.

If there's a lesson that we take from this unfortunate event is that it is important for us to make a regular back up of our cellphones onto computers.

peace_maker
04-24-2011, 10:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
If there's a lesson that we take from this unfortunate event is that it is important for us to make a regular back up of our cellphones onto computers.
Agree. I was so hasty to get rid of the virus that I forgot to backup the important things.
I'm never gonna do something stupid like this ever again, inshaallaah.

Dagless
04-25-2011, 03:15 PM
Were the contacts saved on a memory card? There are a few data recovery progs you can try on those but if it was on the phone itself I am not so sure.

peace_maker
04-26-2011, 10:28 AM
^No, they were stored in the phone memory.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!