/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I want..

anonymous
04-23-2011, 11:30 PM
:sl:

To maximize inner peace.

I pray five times a day and read Quran regularly but when I see people crying over Quran it saddens me that my relationship with my creator is not the same. I've only felt that special peace once when praying in Masjidul Haraam and I want to feel it again on a daily basis. It also embarrasses me to admit that my imaan is weak, sometimes the waswasa gets to me and causes doubts in my faith, how do I take care of this? I struggle to cry when praying/reading Quran, how do I get past this barrier?

I apologize if this question is hard to understand, I'm an a rush.

Jazakallhukhair for reading my question.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
04-24-2011, 01:24 AM
wa alaykum us-Salaam
difficult question to answer...i personally dont know

but try understand the quran...like read tafseers of the ayahs you are reading.
and ask Allah to soften your heart.

the gunk that you may also encounter in your daily life, may have an affect as-well. so get rid of it. thats just my opinion, it isnt from the Islamic point of view or anything.

Woodrow
04-24-2011, 01:35 AM
Life experiences can make it difficult to cry. We see so much horror in this dunya that it is as if our tears have dried up. Tears of love can be very difficult to restore. but it can be done. One thing to do is to avoid all distractions for at least an hour before reading the Quran or saying Salah.

Ramadhan
04-24-2011, 03:13 AM
You can also sincerely and desperately ask Allah to soften your heart and to make you cry when you are reciting Qur'an.
It's worked for me.
I don't understand arabic, so I would read the tafseer/translation after I recite the Qur'an. That also helped.
Remembering all the mercy and blessings of Allah and our mistakes would help also.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Tyrion
04-24-2011, 03:28 AM
Pretty sure most of the people who shed tears over Quran can understand it in the original Arabic... Learning Arabic should be your first step, if you don't already know it. Also, listening to tafsir on the Surahs that you recite during Salah helps quite a bit. If English is your first language, I recommend the audio tafsir by Nouman Ali Khan of the 30th Juz of Quran, and some Tafsir by Suhaib Webb (which you can find online on Halaltube.com or Youtube).

As for your Iman issue... Learning Arabic and listening to those tafsirs i mentioned should help, but you should also try to listen to some lectures online. Some of my favorite lecturers (who also helped me a lot) are Nouman Ali Khan, Suhaib Webb, and Hamza Yusuf. Also, learning about the Prophet's life and his struggle helps a lot too.

Yanal
04-24-2011, 06:24 AM

A general consenus thing to do would like many others suggested on this thread, is to try to understand the Qur'aan, let it be by translation or any other method. Once you do that,understanding it won't be the problem. May Allaah help you and all of us in maximizing our imaam.

anonymous
04-24-2011, 10:33 PM
Jazakallahukhair for your help. I will try to read more tafseer (Does anyone know which tafseer is the most accurate?) and I will make dua Inshallah.

Ummu Sufyaan
04-25-2011, 11:31 AM
^i dont, know which tafseer the more accurate, but i do know which tafseers are available. there I can think of tafsir ibn katheer, and tafseer al-baghawi (im not sure if that is available in English though). as mentioned, Nouman ali khan has a tafseer series as-well...which i havnt really looked into myself, but if his other lectures are anything to judge by, his tafseer series should be brilliant as-well.

to increase your khushoo3 (humility) in prayer, Shiekh Munajjid has written a good treatise, here it is. and also, you should look for the meanings of the adkaar (remembrance) that is said during the prayer as-well...like the ones that are prescribed to say during rukoo and sujood, etc.

Hamza Asadullah
05-16-2011, 03:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous

To maximize inner peace.

I pray five times a day and read Quran regularly but when I see people crying over Quran it saddens me that my relationship with my creator is not the same. I've only felt that special peace once when praying in Masjidul Haraam and I want to feel it again on a daily basis. It also embarrasses me to admit that my imaan is weak, sometimes the waswasa gets to me and causes doubts in my faith, how do I take care of this? I struggle to cry when praying/reading Quran, how do I get past this barrier?

I apologize if this question is hard to understand, I'm an a rush.

Jazakallhukhair for reading my question.
Asalaamu Alaikum, jazakallahu khayr for your question. This is soemthing which affects many of us where our hearts are so hardened that we find it difficult to cry or weep during worship except for when we are in Masjid Al haraam or maybe in Ramadan.

The following are ways we can soften our hearts in order to make it easier to weep:

1. Remember Allah as much as possible and imagine him watching us wherever we are and whatever were are doing.

Contemplate over his attributes. His greatness and magnificence. We should try to understand his attributes so that we may be filled with reverance for him and be in awe of his majesty all of the time.

"Those who believe and whose hearts find rest in the remembrance of Allah; verily in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest." (Ar-Ra'd 13:28)

Glorify him in remembrance:

Easy Dhikr which is light on the tongue but heavy on the scales!

http://www.islamicboard.com/showthread.php?t=134292456

2. Read tafseer of Qur'an: In order to understand the deeper meanings of the verses and contemplate and ponder over them.

A true believer who reads Almighty Allah's Book in deep contemplation feels great awe of Him Most High. Allah Almighty says in that respect: "Allah hath (now) revealed the fairest of statements, a Scripture consistent, (wherein promises of reward are) paired (with threats of punishment), whereat doth creep the flesh of those who fear their Lord, so that their flesh and their hearts soften to Allah's reminder. Such is Allah's guidance, where with He guideth whom He will. And him whom Allah sendeth astray, for him there is no guide." (Az-Zumar: 23)

The most famous and of the best tafseer of all:

Tafseer of the Qur'an by ibn Kathir

http://www.qtafsir.com/index.php?opt...01&Itemid=35#1

3. Avoid major sins: As it is major sins which blacken the heart making it difficult to get emotional during worship.

4. Fear Allah:

Taqwa means consciousness, awe or fear of Allah, which inspires a person to be on guard against wrong action and eager for actions which please Allah and stay away from those actions which displease and anger him.

"the skins of those who fear their Lord shiver from it (when they recite it or hear it). Then their skin and their heart soften to the remembrance of Allah."[/COLOR] [39:23]

Read more:

10 Steps to Gaining Taqwa (Fearful awareness of Allah)

http://www.islamicboard.com/showthread.php?t=134300716

5. Remember death and the hereafter:

Remember that one's life may end at any second and this should give us a sens of urgency in trying to make the best of every second we have left for any second could be our last.

We should remember death and visit the graves often and when we look at the last grave stone we should think the next grave next to it could be ours.

We should also imagine ourselves on the day of judgement where we will be alongside every soul from the first until last and we will all be judged and we should have hope but at the same time fear. Hope that we may be forgiven and gain eternal salvation and fear that we may be doomed for our terrible sins in this world.

You can also read more here in how to concentrate more on Salaah and get closer to Allah:

Why Can't i concentrate on my Salaah?

http://www.islamicboard.com/showthread.php?t=134300101

10 steps to getting closer to Allah.

http://www.islamicboard.com/showthread.php?t=134292389

And Allah knows best in all matters

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!