:sl:

I came across this today

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011...nese-suffering

:wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
04-24-2011, 12:26 AM
:sl:

I am certain non-Catholics around the world will grab on this to show the Catholic claim of Papal infallibility is in error.

It may serve to unify the non-Catholic majority of Christians who have been becoming more disorganized in the past few years. Christianity in the UK has been decreasing in the past few years. The majority of Christians in the UK belong to the Anglican Church and do not follow the Pope. The UK Christians may use this story to strengthen the Anglican Church.

This is good news for the non-Catholic Christians but may serve to increase the number of non-Catholic Christians. The majority of Christians are not Catholic and do not follow the Pope nor the Vatican. In fact some Christian denominations see the Pope as being the anti-Christ.

Many Christians do not view Catholics as being Christian and consider the pope and priests to be evil.

Muslim Woman
04-24-2011, 12:48 AM
Salaam/ Peace

I wonder , why Pope find it so difficult to ans ? Christians don't believe that God takes test of us or life is a test for hereafter ?

...A Japanese girl asked the pope, who, she said, "speaks with God", why she was having to suffer so much as a result of the earthquake and tsunami that had struck her country.

"I am very frightened because the house where I felt safe really shook a lot and many children my age have died. I cannot go to play in the park. I want to know: why do I have to be so afraid? Why do children have to be so sad?" said seven-year-old Elena.

Benedict admitted: "I also have the same questions: why is it this way? Why do you have to suffer so much while others live in ease?
"And we do not have the answers, but we know that Jesus suffered as you do, an innocent, and that the true God who is revealed in Jesus is by your side."

Woodrow
04-24-2011, 01:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
Salaam/ Peace

I wonder , why Pope find it so difficult to ans ? Christians don't believe that God takes test of us or life is a test for hereafter ?

Catholics don't believe that. I believe we only have one Catholic Member on this forum. Perhaps he will address this thread.

The Pope is the head of the Roman Catholic Church and only speaks for Catholics. The Pope was not very welcome in the UK, I suspect that is the reason the Guardian printed the story. There is considerable anti-Catholic sentiment in the UK like there is anti-Protestant sentiment in Ireland.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!