/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Cutting of the males hairs during Umrah

Raushan1993
04-24-2011, 12:17 PM
Im making a trip to Umrah within the next few months, and was wondering if it's compulsory for a male to shave his head bald? I've been growing my hair for about a year, and just want to know if i have to shave it off? I've researched and found halq and qasr, which both are allowed, the amount of hair trimmed during the qasr is my question, for women i heard its about a finger tip. My hair is fairly long now, and i don't want it shaved short due to the time i spent growing it. Please let me know an answer to my problem, any help is much appreciated.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
al yunan
05-06-2011, 12:04 AM
Salam brother,
I'd noticed some brothers who follow Shafii Mathab only cliping a litlle tuff of hair.
That is only an observation though you would still need to confirm it's validity.
Masalam

Reflections
05-06-2011, 12:24 AM
AsSalaamu Aalaykum WarahmatAllah wabarakatuh,

Bismillah

Al-jawab billahi at-taufeeq (the answer with Allah's guidance)

1) According to the Shari’ah, a person completing Umra or Hajj have two options of removing the hair; a) Halq (shave) and, b) Qasr (shorten)

Halq is when the entire head is shaved and more virtuous than Qasr. Rasulullah (Sallalahu-Alaihi-Wasallam) shaved his hair when he performed Hajj. (Mishkaat, pg 232 Thanvi)

Rasulullah made Du'a three times for those shaved their hair and made Du'a once for those who trimmed their hair (ibid).

According to the Hanafis the necessary amount of hair (for Halq and Qasr) that should be removed is 1/4th of the head. But the entire head is better and virtous.
(Sharh Nawawi 'Ala Saheeh-il Muslim Vol. 1 Pg. 420- Darse Tirmidhi Vol. 3 Pg. 186)

The Benefit of shaving the head in Hajj:

The reason the head is shaved in the Hajj is that the head is uncovered for many days and dust may have gathered in the hair. So, shaving the head is the best way for many people to wash their head, or they may have their hair cut. Also, the command for shaving the head is found in the Quran and Sunnah. (The Wisdom behind the Commands Of Islam Pg. 194)

The Sahabi who shaved Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) hair was Ma'mar Ibn Abdullah (RA), some say it was Kharrash Ibn Umayyah during Hajjatul Wada' or Hudaiyibah. However, the first opinion is Saheeh. ('Umdatul Qari Vol. 3 Pg. 38- Darse Tirmidhi Vol. 3 Pg. 182)

And Only Allah Ta'ala Knows Best.
Source: http://www.muftisays.com/qa/question...-the-hair.html
http://www.muftisays.com/qa/question...hort-hair.html

So I think the same rule will more or less apply with Umrah too..Wallahu A3lam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!