/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hello from new member

Irisheyes
04-25-2011, 01:06 AM
Salamo alaykom

I am new here and i am thinking of converting to Islam (insha'Allah)

I would like to know as much as i can

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
04-25-2011, 01:15 AM
First lesson: it only takes a matter of seconds to become a Muslim, but it is a liftetime to be one.

I am glad to see you are interested in learning about this beautiful way of life. All I can say is learn what you can, share what you can and always be sincere in searching for truth. Many of us here, including my self, came to Islam from other beliefs. Feel free to ask questions and Insha allah we can help answer them.

Salahudeen
04-25-2011, 01:20 AM
Walaykum salaam, welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy your stay insha'Allah. Feel free to start a thread regarding your queries.

Amat Allah
04-25-2011, 01:23 AM
Welcome my sweetie to IB forum as a new precious and dear member of our big family...

May Allah lead your way my dear to the path of the endless true happiness Ameeeeeeeen

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Irisheyes
04-25-2011, 01:26 AM
I am glad to see you are interested in learning about this beautiful way of life. All I can say is learn what you can, share what you can and always be sincere in searching for truth. Many of us here, including my self, came to Islam from other beliefs. Feel free to ask questions and Insha allah we can help answer them.[/QUOTE]

Thank you,

that is why i am thinking of it, it will be a life changing decision and i have my daughter to think about as well! i may be happy as a muslim but my daughter may not giving where we live it will be hard.

i have 25 years of thinking that the bible was the word of god and to hear that it is not, its a big shock

Irisheyes
04-25-2011, 01:27 AM
thank you for the very warming welcome,

i have alot of questions only to be expecting of learning about Islam x

Woodrow
04-25-2011, 01:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Irisheyes
I am glad to see you are interested in learning about this beautiful way of life. All I can say is learn what you can, share what you can and always be sincere in searching for truth. Many of us here, including my self, came to Islam from other beliefs. Feel free to ask questions and Insha allah we can help answer them.
Thank you,

that is why i am thinking of it, it will be a life changing decision and i have my daughter to think about as well! i may be happy as a muslim but my daughter may not giving where we live it will be hard.

i have 25 years of thinking that the bible was the word of god and to hear that it is not, its a big shock
Ahhh, but the bible actually does contain much truth. That within it which does not contradict the Qur'an is usually true. For many of us it was the Bible and the words of Jesus(as) that guided us to the path that led to Islam.

Irisheyes
04-25-2011, 01:34 AM
((Ahhh, but the bible actually does contain much truth. That within it which does not contradict the Qur'an is usually true. For many of us it was the Bible and the words of Jesus(as) that guided us to the path that led to Islam.))

Ahh, that is something new, no one has said that before. it wasnt the bible that brought me, well my partner is muslim and i have a young friend who is a convert 3 years and they planted a seed and i have made it grow to the poiint now i am comfortable to hear and learn about it and even wanting to convert.

Amat Allah
04-25-2011, 01:37 AM
You are very truely so welcome at anytime honey. And there are many info here in the forum about Islam ...read as much as you can and wish here : http://www.islamicboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=104

and in other sections in shaa Allah and whenever you are confused about something then never let anything stop you from asking in shaa Allah and by Allah`s Willing and Mercy; your brothers and sisters here will try their best to clarify things for ya after Allah...

May Allah give you the best of this life and the best of the hereafter and all of His creatures Ameeeeen

with all my respect and humility; your sister no matter what:

Amat Allah.xxx

Woodrow
04-25-2011, 01:41 AM
((Ahhh, but the bible actually does contain much truth. That within it which does not contradict the Qur'an is usually true. For many of us it was the Bible and the words of Jesus(as) that guided us to the path that led to Islam.))

Ahh, that is something new, no one has said that before. it wasnt the bible that brought me, well my partner is muslim and i have a young friend who is a convert 3 years and they planted a seed and i have made it grow to the poiint now i am comfortable to hear and learn about it and even wanting to convert.
You will find that many of us reverts do not feel we left the teachings of Jesus(as) we simply went on to the fulfillment of what he actually taught. Bits and pieces of the Injil can be found in the bible but they are completed and repeated accurately in the Qur'an

You can say a revert to Islam is a Christian who has been corrected, edited and reprinted.

Irisheyes
04-25-2011, 01:50 AM
Thank you sister (Amat Allah), that is so very kind of you! i have been so shocked on how everyone on these forums have been so nice. i really didnt think that people could be like that! i am so happy that i have been proves wrong xx

From what i have learned it is amazing and beautiful. I have been listening to people reciting the Qur'an and there is nothing to describe how it makes me feel! x

Irisheyes
04-25-2011, 01:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
You will find that many of us reverts do not feel we left the teachings of Jesus(as) we simply went on to the fulfillment of what he actually taught. Bits and pieces of the Injil can be found in the bible but they are completed and repeated accurately in the Qur'an

You can say a revert to Islam is a Christian who has been corrected, edited and reprinted.
O my goodness, now you have tolsd me that way, it makes so much more sense to me. you really make it easy to understand, thank you

Woodrow
04-25-2011, 02:23 AM
Thank you sister (Amat Allah), that is so very kind of you! i have been so shocked on how everyone on these forums have been so nice. i really didnt think that people could be like that! i am so happy that i have been proves wrong xx

From what i have learned it is amazing and beautiful. I have been listening to people reciting the Qur'an and there is nothing to describe how it makes me feel! x
The true beauty of the Quran can only be felt. The words are important but the feeling surpasses them. You can actually feel the truth of al-Fatihah even if you do not understand the Arabic:

For shear joy what can be better than listening to the beauty of the 99 Names of Allaah(swt)

Ramadhan
04-25-2011, 02:27 AM
Welcome to the forum and hope you have enjoyable and beneficial stay!

As God (SWT) revealed in the Qur'an, He sent messengers along with His guidance/message to every nation and throughout the history of mankind, as part of His mercy towards us.
However, the message (which was always the same at the core - worship God the One and do goodness) was always corrupted (changed, lost, added, reduced, etc) after the departures of the messengers, and Muhammad (SAW) was His last messenger and Qur'an is the only message preserved (as He SWT has already promised in the Qur'an) because it is meant for all mankind and for all time.
As unc. Woodrow said, you can still find bits and pieces of truth in the gospels, and the more you learn Islam, the more everything makes sense Insha Allah.

So, have fun learning Islam! and I hope Alllah SWT guide you to the straight path. amiin.

Amat Allah
04-25-2011, 02:32 AM
May Allah make me deserve you and your kind words my precious ^^ Ameeen

all Praise, Glory and Thanks be to the Most Merciful. May Allah give you the peace of mind and heart and make you amongst His loved pious and righteous servants and slaves Ameeeen

Yes, our respected and noble brother Woodrow is true May Allah preserve him and all of us Ameeeen what would make your heart and soul happy in this world more than the words of Allah and His rememberance...

May Allah bless ya Ameeen

love you for the sake of Allah O my sweetheart...xxx

Irisheyes
04-25-2011, 02:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
Welcome to the forum and hope you have enjoyable and beneficial stay!

As God (SWT) revealed in the Qur'an, He sent messengers along with His guidance/message to every nation and throughout the history of mankind, as part of His mercy towards us.
However, the message (which was always the same at the core - worship God the One and do goodness) was always corrupted (changed, lost, added, reduced, etc) after the departures of the messengers, and Muhammad (SAW) was His last messenger and Qur'an is the only message preserved (as He SWT has already promised in the Qur'an) because it is meant for all mankind and for all time.
As unc. Woodrow said, you can still find bits and pieces of truth in the gospels, and the more you learn Islam, the more everything makes sense Insha Allah.

So, have fun learning Islam! and I hope Alllah SWT guide you to the straight path. amiin.
thank you very much, all this is a very good help to me. i hope in time i will come to understand Islam. i have strarted to read the Qur'an i guess thats the best place to start.

Irisheyes
04-25-2011, 02:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amat Allah
May Allah make me deserve you and your kind words my precious ^^ Ameeen

all Praise, Glory and Thanks be to the Most Merciful. May Allah give you the peace of mind and heart and make you amongst His loved pious and righteous servants and slaves Ameeeen

Yes, our respected and noble brother Woodrow is true May Allah preserve him and all of us Ameeeen what would make your heart and soul happy in this world more than the words of Allah and His rememberance...

May Allah bless ya Ameeen

love you for the sake of Allah O my sweetheart...xxx
Aww thanks hunni, that is so really nice of you. i really im enjoying learning about all this and beginning to belive it all! I really want to do this for myself and Allahx

you really make someone feel very welcome

all my love to you xxx

Amat Allah
04-25-2011, 03:00 AM
Aww thanks hunni, that is so really nice of you. i really im enjoying learning about all this and beginning to belive it all! I really want to do this for myself and Allahx you really make someone feel very welcome all my love to you xxx
so happy and honored ^^

^^ you are always welcome my dear, no matter what you are , where you are and who you are...
May Allah be with you; guiding your way always and forever and all of us Ameeeen

leaving you under Allah`s sight, care and protection...

Irisheyes
04-25-2011, 03:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amat Allah

so happy and honored ^^

^^ you are always welcome my dear, no matter what you are , where you are and who you are...
May Allah be with you; guiding your way always and forever and all of us Ameeeen

leaving you under Allah`s sight, care and protection...
Well i hope sooner rather than later that i will be a converted muslim, (insha'Allah)

It will be one of the best moments in my life xx

Woodrow
04-25-2011, 03:20 AM
Well i hope sooner rather than later that i will be a converted muslim, (insha'Allah)

It will be one of the best moments in my life xx
The doing so is up to you alone. but I suggest one to revert only after they have sufficient knowledge to know for certain it is the right choice and they can say the Shahadah with complete sincerity. The very second a person says the Shahadah, even if they are alone, they are Muslim and equal to the longest practicing Muslim, with the added advantage of entering a new life and the entire past including all sins being removed.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!