/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What things can we do to save ourselves completely from the Fire of Hell?

Flame of Hope
04-25-2011, 04:37 AM
:sl:

What things can we do to save ourselves completely from the Fire of Hell? Any information at all....please mention it here in this thread.

Jazakallah khair.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
CosmicPathos
04-25-2011, 06:17 AM
For a start, I think we can try to affirm our faith in Allah swt through reasoning and deep contemplation. Once that is done then we can start the journey of self-evaluation and self-critique so that we may obtain the highest standards of morality and closeness to Allah swt. Then we can start restraining our tongues as actions done/words spoken by our tongues will take us to the Crusher or protect us from entering it.

Flame of Hope
04-25-2011, 07:14 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by mad_scientist
For a start, I think we can try to affirm our faith in Allah swt through reasoning and deep contemplation. Once that is done then we can start the journey of self-evaluation and self-critique so that we may obtain the highest standards of morality and closeness to Allah swt. Then we can start restraining our tongues as actions done/words spoken by our tongues will take us to the Crusher or protect us from entering it.
How utterly beautiful this sounds! Jazakallah khair brother for your valuable contribution.

I heard once that a drop of tear shed out of fear of Hell (or was it fear of Allah, can't remember exactly).........well, just one tear drop is enough to extinguish fires of Hell.

Is that true? Does anyone know if this is mentioned in an authentic hadith or something?

Ubeyde
04-25-2011, 10:45 AM
Every day make Dua to Allah Ta'ala asking Him for Refuge from the Fire of Jahanam thrice.

Also, when you are in the Path of Allah Ta'ala, i.e. Itikaf, Hajj, Umrah, etc. etc. for every single particle of dust which touches the body, that part of the body cannot be touched by the Fire of Hell. That is why Sahabas used to dismount their horses in the path of Allah ta'ala and try to get covered by dust etc. in the wind.

Also, from another Authentic Hadith it is stated that whoever has the Holy Prophet Muhamad Sallahu Alayhi Wasalam in them then the Fire of Jahanam is made Haram for them and Paradise Fardh.

Allah is All-Knowing and Ever-forgiving so beseech to Him refuge from the Fire of Hell and ask for Jannatul Firdous.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
the_middle_road
04-25-2011, 03:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Flame
:wa:

I heard once that a drop of tear shed out of fear of Hell (or was it fear of Allah, can't remember exactly).........well, just one tear drop is enough to extinguish fires of Hell.
Is that true? Does anyone know if this is mentioned in an authentic hadith or something?

حَدَّثَنَا نَصْرُ بْنُ عَلِيٍّ الْجَهْضَمِيُّ حَدَّثَنَا بِشْرُ بْنُ عُمَرَ حَدَّثَنَا شُعَيْبُ بْنُ رُزَيْقٍ أَبُو شَيْبَةَ حَدَّثَنَا عَطَاءٌ الْخُرَاسَانِيُّ عَنْ عَطَاءِ بْنِ أَبِي رَبَاحٍ عَنْ ابْنِ عَبَّاسٍ قَالَ سَمِعْتُ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ يَقُولُ عَيْنَانِ لَا تَمَسُّهُمَا النَّارُ عَيْنٌ بَكَتْ مِنْ خَشْيَةِ اللَّهِ وَعَيْنٌ بَاتَتْ تَحْرُسُ فِي سَبِيلِ اللَّهِ

The Messenger of Allah :saw: said, "There are two [types of] eyes which the Fire will never touch: an eye which weeped out of fear (khashyah) of Allah; and an eye which spent a night in the path of Allah, guarding [the Muslims]."

(Sunan al-Tirmidhi)

The hadith is hasan ghareeb - good scarce.

the_middle_road
04-25-2011, 03:06 PM
حَدَّثَنَا سَعِيدُ بْنُ عَبْدِ الرَّحْمَنِ الْمَخْزُومِىُّ حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ اللَّهِ بْنُ الْوَلِيدِ الْعَدَنِىُّ حَدَّثَنَا سُفْيَانُ الثَّوْرِىُّ قَالَ وَحَدَّثَنَا مَحْمُودُ بْنُ غَيْلاَنَ حَدَّثَنَا عُبَيْدُ اللَّهِ بْنُ مُوسَى عَنْ سُفْيَانَ عَنْ سُهَيْلِ بْنِ أَبِى صَالِحٍ عَنِ النُّعْمَانِ بْنِ أَبِى عَيَّاشٍ الزُّرَقِىِّ عَنْ أَبِى سَعِيدٍ الْخُدْرِىِّ قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم لاَ يَصُومُ عَبْدٌ يَوْمًا فِى سَبِيلِ اللَّهِ إِلاَّ بَاعَدَ ذَلِكَ الْيَوْمُ النَّارَ عَنْ وَجْهِهِ سَبْعِينَ خَرِيفًا

The Messenger of Allah :saw: said, "A slave does not fast one day in the path of Allah (1), except that that day's fasting distances the Fire from his face by seventy autumns (i.e. years)."

(Sunan al-Tirmidhi)

(1): it could either mean while out fighting Jihad in the path of Allah; or fasting sincerely for Allah's sake alone.

Flame of Hope
04-28-2011, 12:56 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by Ubeyde
Every day make Dua to Allah Ta'ala asking Him for Refuge from the Fire of Jahanam thrice.
Is there a hadith or something declaring that we'd be safe from the fire if we do this three times? If so, please state that hadith. I'd be very interested in learning it.

Also, when you are in the Path of Allah Ta'ala, i.e. Itikaf, Hajj, Umrah, etc. etc. for every single particle of dust which touches the body, that part of the body cannot be touched by the Fire of Hell. That is why Sahabas used to dismount their horses in the path of Allah ta'ala and try to get covered by dust etc. in the wind.
Well, I'd love to dismount from my horse and fight in the Path of Allah. But this isn't something everyone can do....think of us poor sisters? :(

Also, from another Authentic Hadith it is stated that whoever has the Holy Prophet Muhamad Sallahu Alayhi Wasalam in them then the Fire of Jahanam is made Haram for them and Paradise Fardh.
This is an impossible thing for anyone living during this time and age. Any other ideas? ^o) I mean, stuff that we can really put into practice?

Flame of Hope
04-28-2011, 12:59 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by the_middle_road
The Messenger of Allah :saw: said, "There are two [types of] eyes which the Fire will never touch: an eye which weeped out of fear (khashyah) of Allah; and an eye which spent a night in the path of Allah, guarding [the Muslims]."

(Sunan al-Tirmidhi)

The hadith is hasan ghareeb - good scarce.
What does that mean? The words I've put in blue, I mean.

Makes me ask one question regarding this. Is one tear enough or many tears are needed?

The way I understand it, shedding tears out of fear of Allah isn't exactly an easy thing to do. So would even one tear suffice if we manage it?

in-the-shadows
04-28-2011, 01:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Flame

What does that mean? The words I've put in blue, I mean.

Makes me ask one question regarding this. Is one tear enough or many tears are needed?

The way I understand it, shedding tears out of fear of Allah isn't exactly an easy thing to do. So would even one tear suffice if we manage it?

salam. just curious, please explain what you mean by the bolded part? i always thought it was very easy for us muslims to cry due to fear of Allah and weep openly for our sins?

Flame of Hope
04-28-2011, 02:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by in-the-shadows
salam. just curious, please explain what you mean by the bolded part? i always thought it was very easy for us muslims to cry due to fear of Allah and weep openly for our sins?
I believe it's easy for those who Allah makes it easy. Those whose hearts are hard cannot weep.

Flame of Hope
04-30-2011, 03:19 AM
A Most Beautiful Hadith Among All The Beautiful Ahadith

Khalid ibn al Wald (Radi Allahu Ta'ala anhu) narrated the following hadith:

A Bedouin came one day to the Holy Prophet (sallallahu 'alahi wasallam) and said to him,

'O, Messenger of Allah! I've come to ask you a few questions about the affairs of this Life and the Hereafter.'

- 'Ask what you wish' said Rasulullah (sallallahu 'alahi wasallam).

---------------------

Q: I'd like to be the most learned of men.

A: Fear Allah, and you will be the most learned of men.

Q: I wish to be the richest man in the world.

A: Be contented, and you will be the richest man in the world.

Q: I'd like to be the most just man.

A: Desire for others what you desire for yourself, and you will be the most just of men.

Q: I want to be the best of men.

A: Do good to others and you will be the best of men.

Q: I wish to be the most favored by Allah.

A: Engage much in Allah's praise, and you will be most favored by Him.

Q: I'd like to complete my faith.

A: If you have good manners you will complete your faith

Q: I wish to be among those who do good.

A: Adore Allah as if you see Him. If you don 't see Him, He seeth you. In this way you will be among those who do good.

Q: I wish to be obedient to Allah.

A: If you observe Allah's commands you will be obedient.

Q: I'd like to be free from all sins.

A: Bathe yourself from impurities and you will be free from all sins.

Q: I'd like to be raised on the Day of Judgement in the light.

A: Don't wrong yourself or any other creature, and you will be raised on the Day of Judgement in the light.

Q: I'd like Allah to bestow His mercy on me.

A: If you have mercy on yourself and others, Allah will grant you mercy on the Day of Judgement.

Q: I'd like my sins to be very few.

A: If you seek the forgiveness Allah as much as you can, your sins will be very few.

Q: I'd like to be the most honorable man.

A: If you do not complain to any fellow creature, you will be the most honorable of men.

Q: I'd like to be the strongest of men.

A: If you put your trust in Allah, you will be the strongest of men.

Q: I'd like to enlarge my provision.

A: If you keep yourself pure, Allah will enlarge your provision.

Q: I'd like to be loved by Allah and His messenger.

A: If you love what Allah and His messenger love, you will be among their beloved ones.

Q: I wish to be safe from Allah's wrath on the Day of Judgement.

A: If you do not lose your temper with any of your fellow creatures, you will be safe from the wrath of Allah on the Day of Judgement.

Q: I'd like my prayers to be responded.

A: If you avoid forbidden actions, your prayers will he responded.

Q: I'd like Allah not to disgrace me on the Day of Judgement.

A: If you guard your chastity, Allah will not disgrace you on the Day of Judgement.

Q: I'd like Allah to provide me with a protective covering on the Day of Judgement.

A: Do not uncover your fellow creatures faults, and Allah will provide you with a covering protection on the Day of Judgement.

Q: What will save me from sins?

A: Tears, humility and illness.

Q: What are the best deeds in the eyes of Allah?

A: Gentle manners, modesty and patience.

Q: What are the worst evils in the eyes of Allah?

A: Hot temper and miserliness.

Q: What assuages the wrath of Allah in this life and in the Hereafter?

A: Concealed charity and kindness to relatives.

Q: What extinguishes hell's fires on the Day of Judgement?

A: Patience in adversity and misfortunes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~

Related by Imam Ahmad ibn Hanbal (Rahmatullah Ta'ala 'alaih)

in jihad
05-01-2011, 12:10 AM

I like this kind of topic.

Tis true, the weeping from fear of Allah can save us from Fire.

It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (S) said: "A man who weeps for fear of Allaah will not enter Hell until the milk goes back into the udder, and dust produced (when fighting) for the sake of Allaah and the smoke of Hell will never coexist." Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 1633; al-Nasaai, 3108; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!