/* */

PDA

View Full Version : France to ban Muslim street prayers

سيف الله
04-25-2011, 09:50 AM
Salaam

French Interior Minister Claude Gueant seeks to ban praying in the street as part of a continuation of recent discrimination against Muslims in the western European country.

Gueant said that he plans to make praying in the streets for Muslims illegal, although all public prayers in France receive government approval beforehand. “Here we have the hypocrisy of the French right. On one side, they authorize in the street and on the other side, they say 'look French people, Muslims are taking over our streets and speak of invasion',” French lawmaker Axel Urgin told a Press TV correspondent.

Even though France has the greatest Muslim population in Europe, Paris has only one mosque. This lack of mosques leaves French Muslims no choice but to attend Friday prayers at about a dozen street locations across France. “If we are praying in the street, it's because we have no other choice. We are using what we have, and that is the street,” the president of Muslim Association of Openness, Moussa Niambele said.

French politicians use the country's 1905 secularism law as reasoning why taxpaying Muslims cannot be financially assisted by the government to build mosques. Right-wing mayors also allegedly refuse issuing construction permits to those who have the money. Although another large mosque is currently under construction in the French capital of Paris, many say it will not be sufficient.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/176589.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pygoscelis
04-25-2011, 01:36 PM
At this point France should just remove the false veil of claiming to support religious freedom and join other theocratic states like Iran and Saudi Arabia.

French politicians use the country's 1905 secularism law as reasoning why taxpaying Muslims cannot be financially assisted by the government to build mosques.
This much I can agree with, so long as it applies to all religious buildings.

nousername
04-25-2011, 05:48 PM
:( Seems to me France has started an all out war on Islam. Are they also going to "ban" Christians who sit in cafes outside and say a short prayer before eating?

GuestFellow
04-25-2011, 06:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis
This much I can agree with, so long as it applies to all religious buildings.
I agree with you there. I would not want public funding to be used for building mosques. Muslims would have to satisfy a certain criteria to be eligible for such funding. As a result the government may attempt to modify Muslims religious beliefs in order to receive money to build mosques.

It is better for Muslims to build mosques from private donations. It creates a sense of unity within the community.

format_quote Originally Posted by nousername
:( Seems to me France has started an all out war on Islam. Are they also going to "ban" Christians who sit in cafes outside and say a short prayer before eating?
Salaam,

I think praying Namaz is more visible. Then again, I'm wonder what France might ban next.

Anyway, the Muslims in France can pray in buildings then and in shopping malls. :p:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ramadhan
04-25-2011, 06:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nousername
Seems to me France has started an all out war on Islam. Are they also going to "ban" Christians who sit in cafes outside and say a short prayer before eating?

They certainly dont have problem with naked people running around city streets worshiping their own lusts during gay pride parade.
Or drunk people every weekend lumbering around the streets worshipping their god of booze.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
04-25-2011, 08:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
I think praying Namaz is more visible.
Assalamu Alaaykum

Though i dont understand what harm there is that. A person standing, bowing, prostrating, what the heck is wrong with these people.
Its been happening for billions of years and suddently they think they've finally become intelligent. who knows what they will bann next.

It must be hard for those who are living in France, I really really wish they would stop all this nonsense. Its like looking at a spoilt brat trying to get its own way, there have been many spoilt leaders. But for definite they will get what they deserve for being unfair and not living to spread justice.

Astagfirullaah.

Reflections
04-25-2011, 10:50 PM
Next would probably be a ban for beards too...couldn't put it pass them..pathetic

maryambintjared
04-25-2011, 11:15 PM
Good grief... I had no idea that there was only one mosque in Paris! I've seen Muslims praying in the streets in France, but I'd wrongly assumed that it was part of a Muslim pride type thing. It would never have dawned on me that there was nowhere else for Muslims to pray!

Gosh, I'm sorry. :(

SlaveOfGod
04-26-2011, 12:51 AM
If you add two and two together it sounds like a particular nation has an issue against Muslims....

Ali Mujahidin
04-26-2011, 01:36 AM
:sl:

I think the French politicians will find out at the next general election whether they have picked the right gimmick to create publicity for themselves. They seem to think that Islam-bashing is the in-thing to do. I pray that our Muslim brethren in France will be able to stay strong and steadfast on the true path of Islam and not be distracted from practicing Islam by some imbecile politician's inept attempt at boosting his own popularity ratings.

Just curious. Will Muslims caught praying in the streets be given a choice of paying for the privilege or attending a citizen re-orientation course in lieu?

Ramadhan
04-26-2011, 01:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by maryambintjared
Good grief... I had no idea that there was only one mosque in Paris! I've seen Muslims praying in the streets in France, but I'd wrongly assumed that it was part of a Muslim pride type thing. It would never have dawned on me that there was nowhere else for Muslims to pray!
I've been to that mosque, and I also had no idea that it's the only mosque for the whole Paris!
It's very shocking to me, especially considering the large population of muslims in Paris.

Trumble
04-26-2011, 09:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
They certainly dont have problem with naked people running around city streets worshiping their own lusts during gay pride parade.
Or drunk people every weekend lumbering around the streets worshipping their god of booze.
Who, exactly, are "they"? I would have thought it's precisely those people who have no problem with the Gay Pride festival (I mean the real one, not your ridiculous parody) who were least likely to have problems with muslims establishing as many mosques as they want. Those not bigoted towards one minority group tend not to be bigoted towards others.

As to the drunks, that is an occupational hazard of alcohol being legal anywhere. And that isn't going to change any time soon in an economy with so much invested (money and tradition) in wine production. That's a rather unfair portrayal of Paris anyway, they tend to do 'social' drinking much better than most people. It's far more true of London, where there are mosques all over - so I'm struggling to see any connection.

abdussattar
04-26-2011, 10:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Junon
Paris has only one mosque
Innalillah, and Muslims in India think they are oppressed by Hindus. While there are hundreds of mosques in several cities of India.

Ramadhan
04-26-2011, 11:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble
Who, exactly, are "they"?
I thought this is clear from my sentence.
who's seeking to ban shalah from the streets?
who's not seeking to ban naked people running around the streets and have sex in public like animals in gay pride parades?
Do I even need to spell it out for you?

I would have thought it's precisely those people who have no problem with the Gay Pride festival (I mean the real one, not your ridiculous parody) who were least likely to have problems with muslims establishing as many mosques as they want.
what parody?
do you think this news is a parody?
Does everything have to be written in plain words for you?
OK, since you seem to be genuinely not knowing who these people are (even though they are all in the news), I'll spell it out for you.
who's seeking to ban shalah from the streets? the government of france
who else is banning muslim women from covering themselves in public? the same government
Are those authorities (the government of france) ok with naked people running around the streets acting like animals during gay pride parties? yes. In fact, the same government must have given permission and license towards those public indecencies.
Hence, the government of france who is sympathetic towards a group of people acting like animals in public is the same people who are hostile to another group of people who want to live their life in decent manners and who need facilities to worship god.

In addition, I don't see the french people defending the rights of muslims (minorities) in both cases (veil and street prayer), do you?
I don't see the atheists in france up in arms defending the rights of muslims to practice their belief, do you?

Tell me where I made it up and where is my ridiculous parody?
english is your native language right?
do you need to argue against anything Islam?
are you not afraid of your karma as a buddhist and that, in accordance to your belief, you will be born in your next life as a muslim woman who needs to wear veil and stripped almost naked because the future french government decide that women public attire is bikinis?

Those not bigoted towards one minority group tend not to be bigoted towards others.
not necessarily.
I've seen many groups not bigoted towards one minority group but have no qualms in their bigots towards others. It depends on the social trends of the day in their countries.

As to the drunks, that is an occupational hazard of alcohol being legal anywhere. And that isn't going to change any time soon in an economy with so much invested (money and tradition) in wine production. That's a rather unfair portrayal of Paris anyway, they tend to do 'social' drinking much better than most people. It's far more true of London, where there are mosques all over - so I'm struggling to see any connection.
God help you if you didnt see the contrast and irony I was trying to make. Here it is:
French government tolerate drunk and their rowdy public behavior -granted as not bad as those in London, but has no tolerance towards well-mannered public prayers by muslims who lack worship facilities because the very government makes it difficult to build mosques?
Also, from the reports, it is reasonable to make a guess that it is easier to obtain permits for a nightclub, sexclub or gayclub, than getting permits to build a mosque. This again, shows how the government of france is not bigoted towards minorities acting like animals, but bigoted towards muslims.

I thought as a buddhist you would totally understand and has sympathy towards the muslims who is oppressed by the french government?
I guess I was wrong.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!