/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Guantanamo Bay: WHY O WHY isnt it closed?!

yas2010
04-25-2011, 11:04 AM
:sl:/ Peace
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011...ift-lid-prison

Why hasn't it been closed down?!

:wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
LavaDog
04-25-2011, 11:16 AM
The same reason Obama was able to renewed the patriot act and increased strikes into Pakistan. No one cares enough to know whats going on.

yas2010
04-25-2011, 11:40 AM
It makes my blood boil.:raging::cry::raging::cry:
The hypocrisy of these western government to spout their rubbish of liberal democracy around the world and then hold innocent people without trial.

Muslim Woman
04-25-2011, 12:29 PM
Salaam

format_quote Originally Posted by yas2010
:sl:/ Peace

Why hasn't it been closed down?!

:wa:

easy , then where they will held and torture Musilms ? May be , when they will be able to drop bombs on all Muslim majority countries , then G Bay will close .

Among inmates who proved harmless were an 89-year-old Afghan villager, suffering from senile dementia, and a 14-year-old boy who had been an innocent kidnap victim.

The old man was transported to Cuba to interrogate him about "suspicious phone numbers" found in his compound. The 14-year-old was shipped out merely because of "his possible knowledge of Taliban...local leaders"

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
04-25-2011, 12:40 PM
It is our own fault. We Americans are very lazy in regards to what our government is doing and do not seem to see anything unless it happens in our back yard. Call it apathy

Also, we are at a point in which our economy is shot, poverty is increasing and the poor seem to be powerless to do anything. The rich sit at home and scratch their heads wondering why anybody would complain everything looks comfortable.

The world sees the American life style as this:

But the reality is more Americans live like this:

Many Americans are more concerned about where their next meal is coming from than what our Government is doing at Gitmo

LavaDog
04-25-2011, 12:55 PM
The hypocrisy of these western government to spout their rubbish of liberal democracy around the world and then hold innocent people without trial.

yas2010
04-25-2011, 01:08 PM
It is our own fault. We Americans are very lazy in regards to what our government is doing and do not seem to see anything unless it happens in our back yard. Call it apathy

But this NIMBY ( Not In My Back Yard) ism affects many us of muslims too.

Woodrow
04-25-2011, 01:32 PM
But this NIMBY ( Not In My Back Yard) ism affects many us of muslims too.
It affects everybody. It affects the Muslim world hardest as too many believe the nonsense spouted by the media. It affects the Americans who live in poverty as it wastes money that could be used to help them. It affects the UK and European nations as it gives their governments the incentive, explanation and the reason to do the same.

Today's world seems to be split into 2 nations, without geographical boundaries. The Nation of the Rich and the Nation of the Poor with the rich gaining at the expense of the poor.

yas2010
04-25-2011, 01:41 PM
Its such an awful cycle.

In Feb 2003 my husband and I travelled to London to join nearly 1 million people from all walks of life to protest against the UK government and Teflon Tony to ally with the US to Iraq. I can truly say i found it moving, to find so many people unified in a single cause. In odd way it reassured my about humanity.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!