/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone!

GirlLeastLikely
04-25-2011, 07:40 PM
Hi!

Really glad I found this forum! I had a friend who was muslim and always when I talked to her about islam and religion in general I always felt that there was something true about what she said. But then I moved and we didn't see eachother anymore and I sort of forgot about it. But then a couple of weeks ago I started thinging about it for some reason and I decided it's time to learn more. So I'm looking forward to learning things from people on here!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
yas2010
04-25-2011, 07:43 PM
Hi There

Welcome to IB. Hope that you have a wonderful stay. :)

missy
04-25-2011, 07:48 PM
Hey sis,

Welcome!! Hope your stay here benefits you! I'm glad to know that you wanna learn more about Islam.
May God Guide all of us to the Truth. Ameen
looking forward to hearing more from you. :)

GirlLeastLikely
04-25-2011, 08:58 PM
Thanks! Right now I'm a bit unsure how to proceed. I don't have any muslim friends, I live in an area which doesn't really have a huge muslim population etc. So I'm not sure where to go from here really.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ramadhan
04-26-2011, 02:16 AM
Welcome to the forums!

format_quote Originally Posted by GirlLeastLikely
I don't have any muslim friends,
You have muslim friends in us now :)

- Qatada -
04-26-2011, 05:43 AM
Hi GirlleastLikely!

1) Okay, the first thing you need to do is - make alot of friends here so you get used to it and enjoy it here. (thats if you want)

2) Check out this site; IslamReligion.com. And read from there anything you are interested in.

3) Ask any questions or doubts you have on Islam, and we'll try to answer them for you.

4) I want you to read this from your heart, and maybe you will realise what the true point of Islam is.

God says;

O My servants, I have forbidden oppression for Myself and have made it forbidden amongst you, so do not oppress one another. O My servants, all of you are astray except for those I have guided, so seek guidance of Me and I shall guide you, O My servants, all of you are hungry except for those I have fed, so seek food of Me and I shall feed you. O My servants, all of you are naked except for those I have clothed, so seek clothing of Me and I shall clothe you. O My servants, you sin by night and by day, and I forgive all sins, so seek forgiveness of Me and I shall forgive you.

O My servants, you will not attain harming Me so as to harm Me, and will not attain benefitting Me so as to benefit Me. O My servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you to be as pious as the most pious heart of any one man of you, that would not increase My kingdom in anything. O My servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you to be as wicked as the most wicked heart of any one man of you, that would not decrease My kingdom in anything. O My servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you to rise up in one place and make a request of Me, and were I to give everyone what he requested, that would not decrease what I have, any more that a needle decreases the sea if put into it. O My servants, it is but your deeds that I reckon up for you and then recompense you for, so let him finds good praise Allah and let him who finds other that blame no one but himself.

It was Recorded by Muslim (also by at-Tirmidhi and Ibn Majah).

And God, the Most Kind and Merciful also says;

I am as My servant thinks I am. I am with him when he makes mention of Me. If he makes mention of Me to himself, I make mention of him to Myself; and if he makes mention of Me in an assembly, I make mention of him in an assemble better than it. And if he draws near to Me an arm's length, I draw near to him a fathom's length. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed.

It was Recorded by al-Buhkari (also by Muslim, at-Tirmidhi and Ibn-Majah)

5) You should ask God to guide you to what He loves, and you can read the site I linked to above; IslamReligion.com - to learn more about God's guidance. :)

Peace!

GirlLeastLikely
04-26-2011, 07:21 PM
Thanks for your advice. I'll have a look around on the site you linked to and see what questions that pop up in my mind!

Ğħαrєєвαħ
04-26-2011, 11:10 PM
Welcome to the forum!

Glad to have you here, hope you enjoy your stay here and find it beneficial.

May Allaah guide you the path of righteous truth Aameen

.. peace ..

Zafran
04-27-2011, 12:45 AM
Salaam

welcome to the forum

hope you enjoy your stay here

peace

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!