/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is working at corner store haram?

SLAVEofGOD1993
04-25-2011, 10:24 PM
Asalam wa aleikum brothers and sisters.

My friend got a job at a corner store and I told him its most likely haram to work at a corner store because they sale cigarettes, explicit magazines, lottery tickets and more. But I am not in any position to assure what is haram and what isn't so what do you think?

P.s: I will go see a Sheikh about this soon.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ghazalah
04-25-2011, 10:54 PM
He should look for a more suitable job, but I think as long as he doesn't handle alcohol and not gawping at the magazines then he should be okay. But Allah knows best.

maryambintjared
04-25-2011, 11:09 PM
I think he would have to handle alcohol and cigarettes at the store, if a customer wants to buy them. If he refused to handle that kind of good, then his employer could sack him.

abdussattar
04-26-2011, 10:03 AM
Hmm then I think its haraam, since the prophet cursed, the person who brews alcohol, for who it is brewed, the one who carries it, the one for whom it is carried, the one who buys it, the one who sells it.....but since it is not in your hand, i cant say for sure.

Best try to quit this job as soon as possible and get another.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ghazalah
04-26-2011, 12:46 PM
Not all corner shops sell alcohol and if this one doesn't then he should be okay, having said that he should try and look for a suitable job that isn't risky.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!