/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Most Geeky Member of the Board Award

Flame of Hope
04-25-2011, 10:41 PM
:sl:

Well, first of all we will have to consider the nominations. Can't cast votes on people unless there are nominations. (What a pity...it's clearly a monopoly but one has to be fair and give people a chance to think up my competitors...hmm :hmm:).

The nominations for the Most Geeky Member of the Board Award are on. So please nominate your favorite member in this thread.

I get to nominate first of course.

Vote for FLAME. :thankyou:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ghazalah
04-25-2011, 10:46 PM
Rules of this Comp:

You cannot vote for yourself!!

:giggling:

Flame of Hope
04-25-2011, 11:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ghazalah
Rules of this Comp:

You cannot vote for yourself!!

:giggling:

:raging: Then you, my most wonderful pal, friend, chum, buddy will nominate me, won't you?

I mean....how can you not vote for me, emm I mean, nominate me when I am putting out all these emoticons just for you: Just watch!

LOOK! :ooh:

:shade::D:statisfie:coolalien:coolious::thankyou:: bump1::lol::p::):sunny::happy::Crescent::muslimah: :rock::wub:

Most especially the :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub: :wub:

:statisfie :)

S.Belle
04-25-2011, 11:31 PM
^ lol
for fear of making her madder than a bull with a mouth full of bees I nominate Flame

and also

Sis noms
Pearl of Wisdom
Bint Abi and Bint Abee lol
Aisha (even though she is absent atm she still deserves to be nominated)
Endymion
Ghazalah

Bro Noms
Woodrow
Beardo
Naid...hey i have an idea
we should have like different categories bc ive grown to like alot of members here and its impossible to pick just one when everyone has something unique about them that sticks out.

there can be like geekest, most intellligent, funniest, best all around, etc.
what do ya think?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Flame of Hope
04-26-2011, 12:18 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by S.Belle
^ lol
for fear of making her madder than a bull with a mouth full of bees I nominate Flame

and also

Sis noms
Pearl of Wisdom
Bint Abi and Bint Abee lol
Aisha (even though she is absent atm she still deserves to be nominated)
Endymion
Ghazalah

Bro Noms
Woodrow
Beardo
Naid...hey i have an idea
we should have like different categories bc ive grown to like alot of members here and its impossible to pick just one when everyone has something unique about them that sticks out.

what do ya think?
Flame is in "Thinking Mode" :nervous:. The thoughts that are going on in that mode are as follows: S. Belle must be having ulterior motives. Hmm. She just nominated Flame, which ought to make her the best friend in town. On second thoughts....she seems to try to get closer to the closely guarded Idea Box. She already has stolen some ideas from that box already. I mean, how come she knew that I was going to introduce other awards besides the most geeky award? She couldn't possibly have thought of that on her own. She must be having some secrets up her sleeve. She probably even knows about the Noah's Ark question that wonderful Flame wants to ask one of these days. Hmmm."

Flame is right now having MIXED FEELINGS. : :statisfie :exhausted :shade: :heated: :hmm:

:BeRightBack:

Innocent Soul
04-26-2011, 02:25 AM
I vote for Pєαяℓ σf Wιѕ∂σм and br.Beardo :p.

Ramadhan
04-26-2011, 03:11 AM
Is a vote even necessary? Pearl of wisdom will win this in a landslide, her middle name is "geeky" after all :hmm:

CosmicPathos
04-26-2011, 04:25 AM
this is a no brainer. It should be me, surprised I havent been selected yet.:hmm::omg:

Flame of Hope
04-26-2011, 06:12 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by mad_scientist
this is a no brainer. It should be me, surprised I havent been selected yet.:hmm::omg:
Finally, someone who I can really nominate. I totally stand behind the scientist gone mad.

I mean, VOTE for mad_scientist. :D

(Flame gets into the deep thought mode....what if mad_scientist really outdoes Flame when it's voting time. Will Flame be able to withstand the incredible sorrow, grief, turmoil and despair that would come over her if this POSSIBLE scenario were to come true? Flame isn't sure. She isn't sure about anything anymore. The scientist might have played a wicked trick on her. :nervous: Anyway, Flame is known for her bravery. If she fails in the Most Geeky Award, she can win the Brave Heart Award. This is how Flame consoles herself. Flame has now entered the mode of ridiculous happiness. :statisfie )

Woodrow
04-26-2011, 06:21 AM
Sheesh, I can't believe I actually read this thread. Sis Flame has too much spare time on her hands. Would one or more of our sisters please subdue her and lock her in the broom closet until she recovers

'Aleena
04-26-2011, 07:17 AM

I vote for Sis Pearl Of Wisdom:-\

format_quote Originally Posted by Safiya 1
I vote for Pєαяℓ σf Wιѕ∂σм and br.Beardo
Beardo is weirdo :hmm:

We must also have the most weirdest member award so Beardo wins.

Winning will make him happy and so he won't trouble us by having to start another thread.

'forum Down' :p

smile
04-26-2011, 08:51 AM
zAk!!!!
mudslide victory

abdussattar
04-26-2011, 08:57 AM
Define "geeky" and then Ill vote :p

sister herb
04-26-2011, 09:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Sheesh, I can't believe I actually read this thread. Sis Flame has too much spare time on her hands. Would one or more of our sisters please subdue her and lock her in the broom closet until she recovers

Looking for latests steps of sis Flame...

... where are you dear? I have a perfet little place just to you for some time...

Ghazalah
04-26-2011, 12:51 PM
Geekest: Pearly
Most Intelligent: Hamza81 and brother Muraad.
Funniest: thequiteone (Abdullahii)
Best all round: Flames and Belles :p

Hmmm... I don't think Mods and Admins are allowed to be chosen :D So I change my most intelligent vote to sis Insaanah.

S.Belle
04-26-2011, 02:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Flame

Flame is in "Thinking Mode" :nervous:. The thoughts that are going on in that mode are as follows: S. Belle must be having ulterior motives. Hmm. She just nominated Flame, which ought to make her the best friend in town. On second thoughts....she seems to try to get closer to the closely guarded Idea Box. She already has stolen some ideas from that box already. I mean, how come she knew that I was going to introduce other awards besides the most geeky award? She couldn't possibly have thought of that on her own. She must be having some secrets up her sleeve. She probably even knows about the Noah's Ark question that wonderful Flame wants to ask one of these days. Hmmm."

Flame is right now having MIXED FEELINGS. : :statisfie :exhausted :shade: :heated: :hmm:

:BeRightBack:
No NO my intentions are as they seem if i wanted to know where your box was I would have brought it up (im only bringing it up now bc u made me).
So do you agree bc id like to help you if you dont mind that is

Hannah.
04-26-2011, 04:26 PM
I don't know about geeky, but I think the most sweetest member of the board award should go to sister Amat Allah. :)

Ğħαrєєвαħ
04-26-2011, 05:48 PM
Assalaamu Alaaykum

The most 'geeky' member award?!?!? what does 'geeky' even mean? I mean com'on people what does it mean ? :-\

Well, who ever it is, its certainly and most definetly not me, i do not deserve it but thank you all that voted for me, but i just feel i do not deserve it.
just wondering those who did say my name, do you know what 'geeky' means?

And my Kitten she threw my phone behind the radiotor, how do i get it outtttt?!! My mother will ring me soon i need to soon pick her up subhaan'Allaah. kittens are sooo geeky and cute.

All you members are geekified, because my phone i need it!! please keep me in your Du'aas dear brothers and sisters of Li.

I think the award goes to my Kitten!!!!! Vote for her!

sister herb
04-26-2011, 06:18 PM
Ok, I vote Kitten of Pearl of Wisdom.

'Abd Al-Maajid
04-26-2011, 06:25 PM
Hey! No one has nominated me! :( Not fair!

S.Belle
04-26-2011, 06:28 PM
^ most astute

'Abd Al-Maajid
04-26-2011, 06:30 PM
^ The Illusionist.

Ghazalah
04-26-2011, 06:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pєαяℓ σf Wιѕ∂σм
Assalaamu Alaaykum

The most 'geeky' member award?!?!? what does 'geeky' even mean? I mean com'on people what does it mean ?

Well, who ever it is, its certainly and most definetly not me, i do not deserve it but thank you all that voted for me, but i just feel i do not deserve it.
just wondering those who did say my name, do you know what 'geeky' means?

And my Kitten she threw my phone behind the radiotor, how do i get it outtttt?!! My mother will ring me soon i need to soon pick her up subhaan'Allaah. kittens are sooo geeky and cute.

All you members are geekified, because my phone i need it!! please keep me in your Du'aas dear brothers and sisters of Li.

I think the award goes to my Kitten!!!!! Vote for her!
So modest. :rolleyes:

S.Belle
04-26-2011, 06:49 PM
Assalaamu Alaaykum

The most 'geeky' member award?!?!? what does 'geeky' even mean? I mean com'on people what does it mean ? :-\
you are the definition of geeky my dear sis
so ask yourself "what makes me so geeky":p

S.Belle
04-26-2011, 06:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd Al-Maajid
^ The Illusionist.

:shade:

you are the definition of geeky my dear sis
so ask yourself "what makes me so geeky":-\

:p

Flame of Hope
04-26-2011, 07:11 PM

See that heart fall and crash. :hmm: It also belongs to Flame. :'(

Flame is totally BROKEN HEARTED as she sits with her hands tied down....yes, they tied down her hands, can you believe it? Flame sits in the Dreaded Closet with nothing but brooms and mops to keep her company. Which is the height of torture.

Flame immediately dispatches a message to the moderators of the forum:

GET ME OUTTA HERE!!!!!! Pearly can take that Geeky Award! Honest! I won't mind one bit. And I promise I won't hurt her if you get me out.really. really.

Flame of Hope
04-26-2011, 09:36 PM
News Flash! Urgent Headline News Bulletin!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Flame Escapes From The Dreaded Broom Closet!!!:ooh:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An Exclusive Interview With Flame

PWI = Person who interviews.

F = Flame, specifically the one who made the daring escape from the Dreaded Islamic Board Broom Closet.

Alright, let's get on wida interview!

-----------------------------------

PWI: This is shocking news, Flame! You were locked up in the Broom Closet?

F: (who has a bandage around her heart and sadly)....That's right. I couldn't believe that people who I had begun to consider to be family members could do this to me. :cry:

PWI: Family members?

F: Yeah. I had found IB forum and taken a great fancy to it. I had received such a warm, hearty welcome and all. Everyone was so friendly and nice. I was posting threads like mad and asking a million questions. You know, nobody minded it. They were so patient with me. So kind. Of course, I can't say that for every member.

PWI: Were there members who were cruel to you, Flame?

F: (hesitates....) Well, kind of. One member thought that I was a troll. But I quickly forgave him for entertaining such thoughts. Because you see, I found that he lived in Pluto and if you see things from there, you don't exactly see straight. He also knows of this. That's why he calls himself "mad".

PWI: Has he been the only one who gave you a hard time?

F: Well actually, there's been a recent disturbance in the forum. It's been caused by The Daring Duo. They are persistent, formidable members of the forum, seasoned artists and full of clever ideas which serve to provide the oil that makes this forum run. Without The Daring Duo, IB forum would be boring. That's how high up in the ladder they are. This Duo is trying to get their hands on my Idea Box!! They now have Scooby Doo working for them too.

PWI: Your experience in the forum seems to have been nerve-wrecking.

F: I guess you could say that.

PWI: So how did you escape from the Broom Closet?

F: Errm. That's classified information, if you don't mind.

PWI: But why were you locked in there?

F: It was Brother Woodrow who dunnit. It was on his orders. He should have been a bit patient with me to tell you the truth. I would have given him a boat.

PWI: A boat?! What for?

F: He "wood" "row" it, you see. But he never gave me a chance. He sent me packing without a trial, without a jury....with no nothing!

PWI: Oh, but for what crime?!

F: Because I started "The Most Geeky Member of the Board Award" thread. I was planning on winning that award. But now, after spending time in the Dreaded Broom Closet, I've dropped that idea completely. Brother Woodrow actually did a good deed for which I cannot thank him enough. He made me come back to my senses. You see, I've realized that I don't even know the meaning of the word "GEEKY".

PWI: You can't be serious!

F: I'm very much serious. Just because I took English literature as a subject in college doesn't mean that I should know every word in the dictionary. "Geeky" happens to be one word I know absolutely nothing about. I thought it meant "silly". That was the reason why I was so keen on winning that award.

PWI: But now you have lost interest in it?

F: Sure, I've lost interest in it. Sister Pearl of Wisdom is a huge favorite with the crowd. I'll let her win. Makes me feel bad about my vote for mad_scientist though.

PWI: Now that you have escaped from the Broom Closet, what are your plans now?

F: Create a list of Most Sought After Awards. :Evil: Here are some examples:

1. The Sherlock Holmes Award: This award is for those who go around town with a magnifying glass in their pocket (or hand), analyzing everything.

2. The Stressed-Out Award: This award is for those who show great consistency at being stressed out, even when the sun is shining.

3. The Croissant Award: This one is for those who love and admire croissants, cakes and desserts.

4. The Chocolate Award: This is specifically reserved for those who cannot resist chocolate.

5. The Roller-Coaster Award: For those who can't stay still and who are constantly looking for excitement and thrills.

6. The Einstein Award: This one is for the intelligent folks. Scientists, writers, teachers, mathematicians, philosophers can be nominated for this award.

7. The Promising New Member Award: This award is reserved for new members who show a lot of promise.

8. The Sweet Lady Award: For sisters who are the epitome of politeness and courtesy.

9. The Charming Gentleman Award: This award is for brothers who have earned a reputation for their charming, well-mannered and gallant conduct.

10. The Silly Award: This award replaced The Geeky Award. :wub:

PWI: Which award do you have your eyes on?

F: Is there any doubt about it? The Silly Award of course.

PWI: Thank you dear Flame for an awesome interview.

F: Not at all, brother. Not at all. :statisfie

----------THE END-------------

S.Belle
04-26-2011, 09:42 PM
^ You are such a drama queen *shakes head and sighs*....I LOVE IT!!!! rofl
nicely written btw seemed quite legit.

Flame of Hope
04-26-2011, 09:53 PM
^ You are such a drama queen *shakes head and sighs*....I LOVE IT!!!! rofl
nicely written btw seemed quite legit.
Hey, is that my newest pal talking? :) How are you doing, girl?

You're the one who gives me all these ideas, hon. So now you know where DAT BOX is. You're it! :Evil:

You don't believe me?

Well, check this out. I just came up with a new award based upon your above comment:

The Drama Queen Award.

Heh heh heh heh. :p

S.Belle
04-26-2011, 10:04 PM

Hey, is that my newest pal talking? :) How are you doing, girl?
How I'm doing?......I...I....Im the box....

I FEEL SO USED!!!

Ğħαrєєвαħ
04-26-2011, 10:06 PM
Assalaamu Alaaykum

Geeky doesnt mean silly, it just means something like a word i made up, i mean it may mean silly to some, but i have my own meaning for it :-\

It means something else, but the thing is I just dont know! I heard the word 'geeky' once and i thought it was funny so i guess i use it for fun not a 24/7 thing though. :-\

Anyways i want to know who wins which award. ill just make my guesses or ill just make it up

1.The Sherlock Holmes Award: Sister Vales Lilly and Woodrow

2. The Stressed-Out Award: YOU!

3. The Croissant Award: I think its brother Guest

4. The Chocolate and Chicken Award: Me and sister Ghazalah ( i think just Chocolate for the sis, im not sure if she likes chicken tho) also and other members who like chocolate.

5. The Roller-Coaster Award: Sister Flame

6. The Einstein Award: which is also classed as the nerdy one, which ofcourse goes to brother Woodrow.

7. The Promising New Member Award: Erm Everyone on this forum! if not then the NEW members, every new member should be given this award (ofcourse if they are good insha'Allaah)

8. The Sweet Lady Award: All the sisters! ( i feel we should all have the same share again if that makes sense)

9. The Charming Gentleman Award: All the brothers! (same as what i just said above i.e see above)

10. The Silly Award: Me! :-\

.. peace ..

Flame of Hope
04-26-2011, 10:49 PM
How I'm doing?......I...I....Im the box....

I FEEL SO USED!!!
Sister S. Belllllllllle!! ROFL.

I haven't laughed so much in ages. My stomach hurts!! No emoticon can express this one. Ha ha ha ha ha!!

Flame of Hope
04-26-2011, 10:58 PM
Assalaamu Alaaykum

Geeky doesnt mean silly, it just means something like a word i made up, i mean it may mean silly to some, but i have my own meaning for it :-\

It means something else, but the thing is I just dont know! I heard the word 'geeky' once and i thought it was funny so i guess i use it for fun not a 24/7 thing though. :-\

10. The Silly Award: Me! :-\
I hereby nominate sister Pearl of Wisdom for the most coveted Silly Award! ;D Vote for Pearl of Wisdom!!

I would also like to declare that I love sister Pearl of Wisdom and therefore decline to compete with her for that award. :Evil:

P.S. The love for sister Pearl of Wisdom is genuine by the way. (Just to clear up any misunderstanding anyone might have.....)

Woodrow
04-27-2011, 12:47 AM
Be happy the words Geek and Geeky no longer mean what they did in the 1920s-1940s. They were both carnival slang. that was back in the days of the traveling carnivals and side-shows

Beardo
04-27-2011, 03:43 PM
Is it just me or is Pearls of Wisdom getting really defensive and uptight about all this? o.o

Just comes to show that perhaps she really is the winner. Hey, at least you won in something. x)

Flame of Hope
04-27-2011, 03:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdussattar
Define "geeky" and then Ill vote :p
I vote for abdussattar for The Einstein Award.

He's pretty intelligent to figure this out. ;D

Flame of Hope
04-27-2011, 03:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb

Looking for latests steps of sis Flame...

... where are you dear? I have a perfet little place just to you for some time...

I nominate sister harb for the Sherlock Holmes award. (She was one of them who locked me up in the Broom Closet, but she had to first trace my foot steps by using her magnifying glass to find me. Good work! Nobody can beat you in the game, sis! ) :D

Ğħαrєєвαħ
04-27-2011, 04:01 PM
most coveted Silly Award!
Coveted? just call it "The most silly award" :-\

Be happy the words Geek and Geeky no longer mean what they did in the 1920s-1940s. They were both carnival slang. that was back in the days of the traveling carnivals and side-shows
Curiously, what did the word geeky and geek mean in those days? Did you ever use the word?

format_quote Originally Posted by Beardo
Is it just me or is
Nope, just you!

.. indeed ..

tigerkhan
04-29-2011, 09:37 AM
i think i am on lowest level in this "geeky" compition but sometime i like geeky ones. like geeky on this forum flame, pearl, endymion...
oh i forgot rashad

Cabdullahi
04-29-2011, 10:01 AM
i was going to vote ghazalah for the coolest member but Manchester is about to win the league and that is something that makes me angry!!

Woodrow
04-29-2011, 09:42 PM

Curiously, what did the word geeky and geek mean in those days? Did you ever use the word?

The old traveling carnivals/sideshows that were around from the 1920s-early 1950s almost always had a "wild man" exhibit. this would be a very mud covered man dressed only in a loin cloth but would be very disheveled, quite nasty looking. He would growl and make obnoxious noises. He would eat raw meat and as a high light to the show would bite the head off a live chicken. In carnival slang he was called "the Geek"

peace_maker
05-01-2011, 11:12 AM
I don't know many members here, and whom I know, I haven't known them deeply yet.

So from whom I know, I would vote for brothers, naidamar, 'Abd Al-Maajid and Beardo and sister Aisha.

Nájlá
05-01-2011, 01:46 PM
what the....? I come back to see everyone turn G E E K Y... What have you done pearl of wisdom????

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-01-2011, 03:11 PM
Assalaamu Alaaykum

The old traveling carnivals/sideshows that were around from the 1920s-early 1950s almost always had a "wild man" exhibit. this would be a very mud covered man dressed only in a loin cloth but would be very disheveled, quite nasty looking. He would growl and make obnoxious noises. He would eat raw meat and as a high light to the show would bite the head off a live chicken. In carnival slang he was called "the Geek"
Oh, kinda similar to what they call them these days 'tramps' and 'hobos' i think... but its funny how they would call them a geek, i wonder if people laughed when they said it. :-\

format_quote Originally Posted by Nájlá
what the....? I come back to see everyone turn G E E K Y... What have you done pearl of wisdom????
I promise, it wasnt me, it was them, they all were the cause of this ultimate adventurous peaceful discussion. *Gives all the members a geeky look* :-\ and i hope that they continue to be peaceful insha'Allaah

Woodrow
05-01-2011, 03:37 PM
Assalaamu Alaaykum

Oh, kinda similar to what they call them these days 'tramps' and 'hobos' i think... but its funny how they would call them a geek, i wonder if people laughed when they said it. :-\

geek
–noun Slang .
a computer expert or enthusiast (a term of pride as self-reference, but often considered offensive when used by outsiders.)

a peculiar or otherwise dislikable person, especially one who is perceived to be overly intellectual.

a carnival performer who performs sensationally morbid or disgusting acts, as biting off the head of a live chicken.

Origin:
1915- 20; probably variant of geck (mainly Scots ) fool < Dutch or Low German gek

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-01-2011, 03:46 PM
^I actually thought number 1 was the only meaning of geek, but i also have my own meaning also which ofcourse is much better...

I dont like the number 2 and 3 or the origin part it makes the word 'geeky' look like a bad word, i never intend to use the word itself in a bad way.

When someone used a big word i call it geeky, or when i find something funny or cool i call it geeky which ofcourse is also geeky itself or i use the word whenever i feel like it with no bad intention.

I hope i never offend anyone when i use the word :-\ if so i sincerely apologise and insha'Allaah it wont happen again.

Woodrow
05-01-2011, 04:38 PM
^I actually thought number 1 was the only meaning of geek, but i also have my own meaning also which ofcourse is much better...

I dont like the number 2 and 3 or the origin part it makes the word 'geeky' look like a bad word, i never intend to use the word itself in a bad way.

When someone used a big word i call it geeky, or when i find something funny or cool i call it geeky which ofcourse is also geeky itself or i use the word whenever i feel like it with no bad intention.

I hope i never offend anyone when i use the word :-\ if so i sincerely apologise and insha'Allaah it wont happen again.
I doubt if you have offended any one. English is an ever changing language. Some bad words have become acceptable the common table syrup Molasses. The word molasses was originally a vulgar word for horse manure. Horse manure (Molasses) was often used as a home cure as a poultice for things like abrasions and insect stings. Later the word came to be used for any poultice. The Sugar cane syrup became a frequently used poultice and it eventually ended up being called Molasses. which it still is.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-01-2011, 05:28 PM
I doubt if you have offended any one. English is an ever changing language. Some bad words have become acceptable the common table syrup Molasses. The word molasses was originally a vulgar word for horse manure. Horse manure (Molasses) was often used as a home cure as a poultice for things like abrasions and insect stings. Later the word came to be used for any poultice. The Sugar cane syrup became a frequently used poultice and it eventually ended up being called Molasses. which it still is.
insha'Allaah. jazakallaahu khaair i learnt something new. I cant believe they used the Mollasses (Horse Manure) as a cure.:skeleton:
i wonder if it still is used.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-02-2011, 05:00 PM

tigerkhan
05-11-2011, 05:02 AM
oh do u ppl forgot CAT EYES......comejointhegeekygang....i miss her posts, she was most geeky member on forum.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!