/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hadiths and narrations that make thee weep.....

Flame of Hope
04-26-2011, 12:59 AM
:sl:

I know for a fact that it's good thing to weep, especially with regard to the Hereafter. If you know of any hadith or narration that could cause us to weep, please do post it here in this thread.

Jazakallah khair.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Flame of Hope
04-26-2011, 01:00 AM
On the authority of Abu Dharr (ra) who said that the Messenger of Allah (saw) said, "I can see what you do not see, and I can hear what you do not hear. Indeed the sky groans (the large no.s of angels in the sky make it heavy so that it groans) and it has a right to do so. There is not an area equal to that of four fingers, except that an angel is prostrating to Allah therein. By Allah! If you knew what I know you would laugh little and weep much, and you would not enjoy your wives in bed. But rather you would come out onto the hills, supplicating and praying fervently to Allah"

(Ahmad, at-Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah, hasan)

Flame of Hope
04-26-2011, 01:03 AM
On the authority of 'Abdullah ibn 'Amr (ra) that the Messenger of Allah (saw) said:

"Indeed the inhabitants of the Hellfire will call upon Maalik (an angel) and he will not answer (their call) for forty years, and then he will say: "Verily you are dwellers here". Then they will call upon their Lord saying "O Our Lord, take us out from here, for if we return (to committing sins) then verily we are transgressors." Allah will not respond to their call for a span equivalent to the time span of this world, and then the Most High will say: "Away with them to the Hellfire, and do not speak." Then the people will give up all hope and there will only be (the sound) of moaning, sobbing, and braying. Their voices will be similar to the sounds of donkeys, the first of them braying and the last of them moaning".

(al Mundhiri said in at-Targheed wat-Tarheeb reportd by at-Tabraani in mawquf form.)

abdussattar
04-26-2011, 10:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Flame
"Indeed the inhabitants of the Hellfire will call upon Maalik (an angel) and he will not answer (their call) for forty years, and then he will say: "Verily you are dwellers here". Then they will call upon their Lord saying "O Our Lord, take us out from here, for if we return (to committing sins) then verily we are transgressors." Allah will not respond to their call for a span equivalent to the time span of this world, and then the Most High will say: "Away with them to the Hellfire, and do not speak." Then the people will give up all hope and there will only be (the sound) of moaning, sobbing, and braying. Their voices will be similar to the sounds of donkeys
, the first of them braying and the last of them moaning".

:-'(

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Reflections
04-26-2011, 12:50 PM
Read the ahadeeth regarding the demise of Rasulullah (saw)..never fails to make me shed a tear

Flame of Hope
04-28-2011, 01:04 AM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by Bint Abi
Read the ahadeeth regarding the demise of Rasulullah (saw)..never fails to make me shed a tear
Yes, it's hard to read that without crying. :cry:

Flame of Hope
04-28-2011, 01:07 AM
On the authority of Anas (ra) who said, "Salman was suffering from illness, so Sa'd visited him and saw him crying, so he said to him, "What is it that makes you weep, O my brother? Did you not accompany the Messenger of Allah (saw)? Is that not so, is that not so?!"

Salman replied, "I am not weeping for either of the following reasons: I am not weeping for the sake of the world nor out of hate of the Hereafter. Rather the Messenger of Allah (saw) entrusted me with a pledge, and I can only see myself as having transgressed."

" So he asked, "What were you entrusted with?"

He replied, "He entrusted me with a pledge that the provision of a traveller should suffice anyone of us, and I see myself as only having transgressed. And as for you, O Sa'd! Fear Allah with your ruling when you make a judgement, and fear Him with your distribution when you distribute, and fear Him with your intention when you intend to do something."" (Ibn Majah and others)

Flame of Hope
04-28-2011, 01:11 AM
Prophet Muhammad (saws) said "Paradise is closer to anyone of you than your shoe lace as is the Hellfire". (Bukhari) :phew

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!