/* */

PDA

View Full Version : recommend a book?

elina
04-26-2011, 01:01 PM
salam ..... can someone please recommend a book about the life of Mohammed (pbuh) Ive had a google and theres so many..... something easy to read would be best as i dont have the best concentration in the world... thanks :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Reflections
04-26-2011, 01:30 PM
Wa-Aalaykum Salaam WarahmatAllah

The Sealed Nectar-Ar Raheeq Al-Makhtoom by Saifur Rahman Mubarakpuri published by Daarussalaam Publications..Beautiful book on the Seerah of Rasullulah (saw)

elina
04-26-2011, 01:35 PM
thanks sis....i'll have a look for it :)

S.Belle
04-26-2011, 03:01 PM
this is a really great one it tells of life before Prophet (pbuh), during, and after.

The Life of Muhammad "Muhammad Husayn Haykal, translated by Ismail Raji al-Faruqi (New Edition)"
http://www.ibtbooks.com/product.php?...=9789839154177

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
elina
04-26-2011, 04:05 PM
thanks s.belle...that looks interesting :)

Muslim Woman
04-26-2011, 04:28 PM
Salaam

here is an audio link

The Life of The Last Prophet (by Yusuf Islam )

http://www.islamicity.com/mosque/sun...ookieSupport=1

elina
04-26-2011, 05:02 PM
thank you so much muslim woman ....think i will listen while i do the ironing and other quiet stuff around the house :)

Revert 2010
04-26-2011, 07:51 PM
I'm going to read Muhammad(pbuh) by Martin Lings

SlaveOfGod
04-26-2011, 09:54 PM
:sl:

From what I've heard The Sealed Nectar is the best biography of Muhammad (saw) in english. So yeah, what sister Bint Abi said.

elina
04-27-2011, 10:16 AM
thanks revert and slave of god :)

ive a few days off work so think i will listen to the link from muslim woman then probably get the one sister bint abi recommended to read while im relaxing :)

marwen
04-27-2011, 10:34 AM
This a very nice small book, with some good examples : "Depression vs Contentment" published by "IslamicOcasions.com".

You can download the PDF and check it out : Depression vs Contentment

elina
04-29-2011, 01:22 PM
thanks for that marwen. I think I might have to go to a bookshop and check the ones out that i cant see too much of online :)

Haya emaan
04-29-2011, 03:23 PM
i would also suggest The sealed nectar-Ar Raheeq Al Makhtoom
its the best book i have ever read on seerah of Prophet Muhammad(PBUH)

elina
05-15-2011, 03:20 PM
thanks sis.... im just about to order it right now...im looking forward to reading it :)

Zafran
05-15-2011, 03:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Revert 2010
I'm going to read Muhammad(pbuh) by Martin Lings
Salaam

Yep that book

peace

elina
05-15-2011, 03:43 PM
thanks zafran, ive just ordered the sealed nectar but might look out for the others mentioned in the library or somewhere :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!