/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What to do during forum outage

Beardo
04-26-2011, 06:59 PM
What to do during a forum outage:

So we have drills at school in the case of an earthquake or fire. It's certainly important. In the moment of panic, you want your first reaction to be safe and prepared, if not calm.*

So what do you do during a forum outage?*

First off, don't panic. Make dua and insha-Allah, it'll all be OK.*

And you want to inform the technicians and officials. How would you do that? Well, our only means of contact during a forum outage is by email.*
So in case of an outage, email;
info@JannahNetwork.com immediately. In case the Network servers are down too, I'd also recommend you email islamicboard@gmail.com.*

And/Or, you can also go to JannahNetwork.com and use the contact form there.*

So those are some noteworthy steps, just in case. However, inshallah, we'll try our best to prevent forum outages in the future.*

Jazakallahu khair! :) Your participation, as always, is deeply appreciated. A forum requires a forum of people. And alhamdulillah, that would be you guys! We're such a diverse crowd: Indians, Americans, idiots, nerds, geeks, racists, feminists, and so many more categories!*

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muezzin
04-26-2011, 07:01 PM
What to do during a forum outage
RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!

First off, don't panic.
Oh.

S.Belle
04-26-2011, 07:14 PM
you have a drill for a forum outage?:phew...You only need drills for dangerous situations:omg:.....*PANICS*

Ramadhan
04-26-2011, 07:30 PM
Our dear leader boss admin is always full of helpful directives on so many unsuspected issues

His never ending beneficial guidance makes the citizens of the forum forever grateful and grow even more love and admiration for his dear leaderships.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
04-26-2011, 07:39 PM
And why can't I panic if I want to?

Actually the best thing to do is sit back, relax and enjoy the break from Bro Beardo. It will be soon enough he will be back to pester us.

Consider any outage as being a gift from Allaah(swt) and use the time to give thanks for all he has given to each of us. The forum is a material part of this Dunya and as such it can be restored and even rebuilt if need be. No outage will last for long and if the forum is down, it will come back Insha Allah. Always strive to use the to increase your Deen if possible, but do not use it to replace your Deen. These outages should been seen as reminders we all do have life away from the computer.

Ghazalah
04-26-2011, 08:53 PM
This is a sign that there are many more drills to come!

Ğħαrєєвαħ
04-26-2011, 10:48 PM
Assalaamu Alaaykum

format_quote Originally Posted by Beardo
We're such a diverse crowd: Indians, Americans, idiots, nerds, geeks, racists, feminists, and so many more categories!*
That is very nice of you!

Oh and i agree , when the forum goes down, we need to realise life isnt over yet and say Alhamdulilaah for everything and that the forum will be back also insha'Allaah.

'Aleena
04-27-2011, 11:38 AM
What to do during a forum outage
Smile:) assuming that the admins are having a hard time:D

Beardo
04-27-2011, 02:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pєαяℓ σf Wιѕ∂σм
That is very nice of you!
Yes, I included your category of people, "geeky."
format_quote Originally Posted by zÂk
How would you prevent that? :hmm: What's changing?
Don't ask so many questions.
format_quote Originally Posted by k.aleena
Smile:) assuming that the admins are having a hard time:D
Hohoho. Well, to be honest, we just pass it on to the tech department. My only concern during an outage is that people won't come back.
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
And why can't I panic if I want to?

Actually the best thing to do is sit back, relax and enjoy the break from Bro Beardo. It will be soon enough he will be back to pester us.
Funny you say that. Yesterday my friend said I'm like a medicine. Too much of me can make you too perky.
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
Our dear leader boss admin is always full of helpful directives on so many unsuspected issues

His never ending beneficial guidance makes the citizens of the forum forever grateful and grow even more love and admiration for his dear leaderships.
Jazakallahu Khair! x) At least someone appreciates the nothing I do for this forum.
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!

Oh.
:| SuperMod. Sorta like Superman. I didn't expect that type of reaction from you. :o
format_quote Originally Posted by Ghazalah
This is a sign that there are many more drills to come!
Let's hope not!

Ğħαrєєвαħ
04-27-2011, 02:54 PM
My only concern during an outage is that people won't come back.
That may just be my next goal insha'Allaah!

GuestFellow
04-27-2011, 03:21 PM
I think I will just go to sleep or start revising for my exams. :/

Eric H
04-27-2011, 04:17 PM
I never let forum outage get the better of me, I walk away calmly, have a cup of tea, take time to reflect quietly, then come back with a sledge hammer and smash the computer up, problem solved.

Sometimes my wife does not understand me, and I can’t think why.

Ramadhan
04-29-2011, 04:18 AM
This drill really saved me USD 1,000 yesterday.
I was going to P-A-N-I-C and smash my lap top to pieces, but Beardo's clear directives and guideline on how to react during forum outages prevented me.

Yay!

Ansariyah
04-29-2011, 12:02 PM
Forums goes down now atleast every other day...

elina
04-29-2011, 01:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by
First off, don't panic

ah so thats where im going wrong :)

Haya emaan
04-29-2011, 02:04 PM
JAZAKALLAH brother for the useful directions
yesterday i was thinking what to do when i was not able to access and even didn't knew where to go and ask whats going on...:(
now it is happenning so often..
may Allah help us and all those who are working so hard for the forum

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!