/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How would you deal with this?

Nizam1
04-27-2011, 12:12 PM
For those of you who don't know me, my wife and I are recent reverts to Islam, as are our four boys (aged 15, 13, 10 and 6). We have been gradually introducing Islam into their lives, and fortunately, it has been with great success. They pray their salaah, they wear topees and they have been circumcised. They have taken to Islam extremely well.

However, our boys all have a pierced left ear which they got before our reversion to Islam. I know that in Islam, boys cannot wear them.

My youngest son's I took out a number of months ago and it has not been replaced. He created a fuss about it for a short while and then he seemed to forget about it.

With my elder three boys it's not quite so easy.

So, my question is: if you were me, how would you deal with this?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ğħαrєєвαħ
04-27-2011, 03:26 PM
Assalaamu Alaaykum

I would tell them it doesnt look nice. It doesnt please Allaah, not the sunnah of the prophet (SAW),also it is something for women and not men. It doesnt suit a muslim.

maybe i would tell them that if they wish to practice being a muslim i.e submitting completely to the will of Allaah, practice fully and then try to stop doing everything that displeases him and do that which pleases him insha'Allaah.

Also making them increase in the love of the Qur'aan and Allaah SWT then they will insha'Allaah slowly back off.

Asiyah3
04-27-2011, 04:24 PM
:sl:

They're young. Perhaps their liking of the pierced ear is just a phase? Don't overburden them. Attract them closer to Islam, not away from it. Encourage them and be patient to have their faith and love for Islam grow.

Hamza Asadullah
05-16-2011, 02:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nizam1
For those of you who don't know me, my wife and I are recent reverts to Islam, as are our four boys (aged 15, 13, 10 and 6). We have been gradually introducing Islam into their lives, and fortunately, it has been with great success. They pray their salaah, they wear topees and they have been circumcised. They have taken to Islam extremely well.

However, our boys all have a pierced left ear which they got before our reversion to Islam. I know that in Islam, boys cannot wear them.

My youngest son's I took out a number of months ago and it has not been replaced. He created a fuss about it for a short while and then he seemed to forget about it.

With my elder three boys it's not quite so easy.

So, my question is: if you were me, how would you deal with this?
Asalaamu Alaikum, at that age the children should have a role model and someone they look upto as their hero and someone they want to copy and be like. So what you must do is to try and make our beloved Rasulallah (Sallallahu alaihi wasallam) their hero and role model and someone they will love and want to be like. You can do this by:

1. Read one or two paragraphs a day from the life of the Prophet infront of them like short daily reminders.

2. Try to establish the practise of the Sunnah of all aspects of life in your house and emphasise its importance to your children.

3. Try to establish that the Prophet is thier role model and a hero for them to follow in every aspect of life.

4. Talk about the mercy of the Prophet and what he has done for Muslims and the whole of humanity

Also make much dua for them that Allah enables them to realise the importance of the Sunnah and that Allah makes the Prophet their role model and someone they have the deepest love for. It may take time but eventually your children will realise the importance of the Sunnah and Allah will create love in their hearts for the Prophet and everything he did for our Ummah and humanity. They will then want to copy him and tke him as their hero and role model and someone to look upto.

That is when you can emphasise that they must try to be like the Prophet and not imitate anyone else in anyway. Evenetually they will give up their ear rings and any other aspect of imitating non Muslims.

May Allah bless you and your children and make your children good and pious Muslims. Ameen

And Allah knows best in all matters

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!