/* */

PDA

View Full Version : "Death fatwas"

Alchemist
04-27-2011, 05:09 PM
Can someone clarify to me what a death fatwa is? and how is it valid? because I thought that there is no vigilante justice in Islam and that death sentences could only be issued after investigation by the courts in the ''Islamic State" which doesn't exist today..
I have tried to search this topic a lot on the internet, but most of the information I find is from anti-islam websites, I can't find any Islamic source that clarifies this issue.

Thanks in advance

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Alchemist
04-27-2011, 07:55 PM
Seriously? no replies?

I really wish Ansar Al Adl was still here, he's nearly the only one that actually makes beneficial posts.

Woodrow
04-27-2011, 08:04 PM
A fatwa is nothing more and nothing less than a public opinion. Unless a fatwa is made by a true caliph in a true caliphate, there is no obligation to follow it. It is only a suggestion. Any body can make a fatwa. But the only true fatwas will come when a true Caliphate is established.

FS123
04-27-2011, 08:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
A fatwa is nothing more and nothing less than a public opinion. Unless a fatwa is made by a true caliph in a true caliphate, there is no obligation to follow it. It is only a suggestion. Any body can make a fatwa. But the only true fatwas will come when a true Caliphate is established.
That also depends on pov, there is no clergy in Islam. Caliph depends, when there were Caliphs all people did not follow a ruling came from Caliphate. There were always disagreements. The least disagreements were in the time of first two Caliphs, after that there were disagreements, which reached a high point in the time of fourth Caliph. After that Caliphate was turned into something different, I don't want to exactly say dictatorship because there were ups and downs after that, it was not always dictatorship.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!