/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Imitation is not the highest form of flattery..Its freaking Annoying!

Ansariyah
04-27-2011, 07:10 PM
Wat to do with them? It's hard to hurt the feelings of people so they take it wrong and think, oh Its ok I can copy! Copying is not cool, it rips a person of their personality, uniqueness. Copy me once its ok, but twice is weird, Third time is annoying and does make you think wat the heck is wrong?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ğħαrєєвαħ
04-27-2011, 07:16 PM
Assalaamu Alaaykum

Indeed imitation is wrong. One of the reasons why we must follow the Qur'aan and Sunnah the correct way and not imitate others.

S.Belle
04-27-2011, 08:24 PM
omg agreed completely its very annoying
sometimes u gotta be blunt with people i had the same prob with a family member and i just flat out told them i didnt want to be their muse anymore and if they'd like id help them bc the whole twin thing was just not cool..i know it sounds mean but it stopped
so be honest and offer to help i suppose

Salahudeen
04-27-2011, 11:16 PM
I have a friend like this also, we're like twins, it don't anoy me though, we all ways copy each other in some thing. For example he bought the same trainers as me and I went with him to show him which 1s I bought, another day I bought the same hair gel as him. If anything we're closer cos of it, we're like real brothers who don't care if the other copies him cos their love for each other is much greater.

We even talk the same lol, I'm not sure who copied who there, I think it's a blend of both. At first it did creep me out and I found it anoying also, but as our friendship grew and we got closer then I stopped getting anoyed about it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
GuestFellow
04-27-2011, 11:32 PM
I don't care if someone copied me.

Salahudeen
04-27-2011, 11:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
I think guys are different to women in this aspect :D

GuestFellow
04-27-2011, 11:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salahudeen
I think guys are different to women in this aspect :D
Girls can be weird. :X

Maryan0
04-28-2011, 12:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
Neither do I. but I do find people who are too competitive extremely annoying...
Salam

LavaDog
04-28-2011, 01:17 AM
They might respect your opinions or look up to you.

Haya emaan
04-30-2011, 08:53 PM
when do you feel happy when people try to imitate you..?
when they want to copy something that is good
such as ur friend wants to wear the headcovering because u wear that.. i love such copying

Flame of Hope
05-02-2011, 12:29 AM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by mun-o-salwa
when do you feel happy when people try to imitate you..?
when they want to copy something that is good
such as ur friend wants to wear the headcovering because u wear that.. i love such copying
Good point. :)

Reflections
05-02-2011, 03:03 PM
Depends..really depends on what it is exactly what someone is copying....That reminds me of when I was small..my mother would always make me and my younger sister wear exactly the same clothes..I used to hate it...if someone is copying the same sort of hijaab, shoes, purse etc then it's straight up annoying. If it's that you are wearing hijaab and someone wants to wear it too..then no harm whatsoever. I've had both types..I know certain family relatives, the second I buy something and they like it..they will go and buy it buy the end of the week..that tests my patience..and on the other hand I know a sister who was not practising at all no hijaab,..and then I got to know her and she wanted to change within herself and now she observes niqaab alhumdulilah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!