/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Making Dua?

AishaRayann
04-27-2011, 09:02 PM
Can you make dua if isnt during the 5 obligatory prayers?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
04-27-2011, 09:25 PM
:sl:

Not only can you, you should. All we do, think and say should be a Du'a.

YM Usrah Umar
04-27-2011, 09:35 PM
yes lik woodrow said, it doesnt need to be aftr prayer but you should do it after prayer but dont limit it to that only, but ther are other times and ways for duas to be more accepted etc

Salahudeen
04-28-2011, 12:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AishaRayann
Can you make dua if isnt during the 5 obligatory prayers?
Yes, anywhere at any time you need Allah you can make du'a to him. You could even make du'a in the belly of a whale, or when your sailing and you're going to drown. ;D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ramadhan
04-28-2011, 02:54 AM
There's gross misunderstanding among non-muslism that muslims only make du'a during shalah (contact prayers).

There are thousands of examples from Rasulullah SAW that we should make du'a from the moment we wake up until right before we sleep. I will get the links for you.

al yunan
05-02-2011, 11:50 PM
Assalamu alaikum Sister Aisha,
I'm assuming you're new in Islam and probably ex Christian as I was where the concept of prayer or supplication is different and now in Islam it seems as if taking the Lord's name in vain. I felt like that too.
Islamic teachings differ in our relationship with Allah S.W.T to other religions. As a Muslim you try to keep yourself as on line 24 - 7 with Allah S.W.T which by the way is encouraged by Him. In every action you do you mention Him for example to eat or drink you say Bismillah in a way it's a Dua, you go to the bathroom you say "Aouthu Billahi Minash shaytaanir Rajim" is also a Dua seeking his protection. You get in bed in His name, you get out of bed in His name, you dress in his name, you wash in His name all are Duas.
There are many set Dua for all occasions, for now say what you need in English like you put on new clothes thank Him for the clothes or new shoes. I think by now you get the Idea that everything should be in His name.
The benefit is you get rewarded plus it will stop you dead in your tracks of doing something wrong like you can't take something that's not yours and say "Bismillah" or throw something at someone.

I realise it's an alien concept for new Muslims but I can assure you it really really makes you feel good about yourself and the world around you. You also don't need to be in Wudu (ceremonial cleanliness) to make Dua. Inshallah you should get a booklet and learn some Duas. There are literally Duas for every situation. Like when in fear you say "Hasbunallah wa Niama Wakil" and Inshallah fear vanishes. It truly is amazing how your life will change such a small effort for such a massive gain Mashallah !
I hope this helps you,
Masalam

YM Usrah Umar
05-03-2011, 10:27 AM
a shaykh that i kno said the following on facebook lik yestrday or b4

"We express our thoughts in the form of a status update instead of turning to Allah with our fears and joys. The day of a believer should be a constant conversation with God"

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!