/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A challenge to everyone!

JPR
04-29-2011, 03:22 AM
So here's my challenge to everyone for next week, whether you are muslim, christian, buddhist, atheist, as long as you are alive and breathing:

Fast for 24 hours and during the day you fast, go out in your city and feed one person in need. Buy food for a complete stranger you don't know, a beggar, someone you see who could use a good meal.

Rules:
-you can't discriminate for religion/race/color/gender.
-If you are of a particular faith, pray during the day and ask for an awesome encounter, for someone to illuminate you as you give out.
-Don't brag about it. The first rule of Fast Club is that you do not talk about Fast Club.

Cheers

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Riana17
05-25-2011, 12:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by JPR
So here's my challenge to everyone for next week, whether you are muslim, christian, buddhist, atheist, as long as you are alive and breathing:

Fast for 24 hours and during the day you fast, go out in your city and feed one person in need. Buy food for a complete stranger you don't know, a beggar, someone you see who could use a good meal.

Rules:
-you can't discriminate for religion/race/color/gender.
-If you are of a particular faith, pray during the day and ask for an awesome encounter, for someone to illuminate you as you give out.
-Don't brag about it. The first rule of Fast Club is that you do not talk about Fast Club.

Cheers
salam
so after doing it, what's next

DippedinJannah
07-07-2011, 02:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by JPR
LOL...nice.

Actually, most Christians I've discussed Ramadan with are amazed anyone can do it. One said "I'm glad our Church didn't adopt that!"

Ramadhan
07-07-2011, 07:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by DippedinJannah
Actually, most Christians I've discussed Ramadan with are amazed anyone can do it. One said "I'm glad our Church didn't adopt that!"
Yep, When I was living in Australia, most non-muslims I know also didn't believe that I actually did not eat and drink etc from pre-sunrise to sun down.
Or if they did, their attitude was like "why do you want to do that?"

I found their attitude strange, as Jesus (pbuh) also used to observe one month fastings, and I was like "do you not read your bible?"

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
SFatima
07-07-2011, 09:48 AM
and whats the point of this challenge in a muslim forum, muslims already fast and give charity/feed the poor etc.

Ramadhan
07-07-2011, 02:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SFatima
and whats the point of this challenge in a muslim forum, muslims already fast and give charity/feed the poor etc.
Maybe he had already gone to christian forums, and challenged his fellow christians to fast, and they all thought he was crazy?
:D

It seems JPR also does not understand that muslims fast not only in ramadhan, but countless numbers of muslims do voluntary fasts monday-thursday etc without telling anyone. I can give him at least a dozen of people I know personally who perform regular voluntary fastings.

Asiyah3
07-07-2011, 02:58 PM
Peace,

Some thoughts:

1. Does this fasting include not drinking? As Muslims we don't eat nor drink when we fast.
2. While this does sound like a good deed, are we actually doing this fast for the sake of God?
3. Why not follow the way the All-Wise taught us to perform fasting, which is from sunrise to sunset, instead of developing our own rules (24 hours) in our limited knowledge?

format_quote Originally Posted by Ramadhan

Maybe he had already gone to christian forums, and challenged his fellow christians to fast, and they all thought he was crazy?
:D
I don't know if this was meant a joke, but it's not funny at all.

Ali Mujahidin
07-07-2011, 03:12 PM
For a Muslim, what the OP proposed is not a challenge at all. Perhaps the OP can tell us what is his objective in issuing the challenge, assuming that there is an objective.

Ramadhan
07-07-2011, 03:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Asiyah3
I don't know if this was meant a joke, but it's not funny at all.
I've had christians called me crazy when I explained about fastings.

Ramadhan
07-07-2011, 03:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ThisOldMan
For a Muslim, what the OP proposed is not a challenge at all. Perhaps the OP can tell us what is his objective in issuing the challenge, assuming that there is an objective.
Exactly. For muslims, this is regular stuff. I also wonder what is the objection of the OP to issue this "challenge"

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!