/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I need Islamic help please.

M.E
04-29-2011, 01:32 PM
Hello everyone,

I'm a 16 year old Muslim male who was proud to be Muslim and who had no doubts in his mind that Islam was the way to go. A few months ago, whenever I pray, I could feel myself in Allah's hands and I was trying my best to learn the Quran and I was so happy.

Something happened and I'm not getting that feeling while praying anymore. I feel like I'm talking to myself and its been going on for months and all my happiness is gone. I have considered Athiesm but it didn't make sense to me, I need Allah in my life and I can't live without Islam but I can't help it but feel a twinge of doubt, I feel so confused.

Sometimes while listening to Muslim "scholors" I find myself disagreeing with many things they say, I consider myself a somewhat open minded Muslim, I don't mean open minded as in having a girlfriend and drinking (Even though I can easily do those things, the only thing stopping me is Islam) but open minded as in I don't think taking photographs is wrong, I don't see a problem with celebrating your birthday in a halal way, I don't see whats wrong with music as long as its not about sex/drugs and whatnot, I just need to know if I'm right.

I don't know why this is happening to me, I feel like Allah is testing me but I can't take anymore, I still pray and don't do anything haram (According to my knowledge) but I just need something that clears all the doubts in my mind. I want to be how I was before.

Please help a brother in need.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Salahudeen
04-29-2011, 02:52 PM
If you believe in Allah and his religion then you will know that he is the all wise and all knowing he is able to know matters that we will never be able to comprehend. I think your problem is that you are trying to make logical sense of every single ruling in Islam and this is a problem for you because you can't see the wisdom behind some rulings. What you have to understand is that we as humans with our limited intellect and forsight will never be able to see the wisdom behind every single little thing where as Allah can, so your job is to just submit to his law.

Salahudeen
04-29-2011, 03:15 PM
I'm not going to sit here and attempt to explain the wisdom behind all those things you mentioned as I don't believe this will be beneficial for you because next week you will probably come across something else that you can't see the wisdom behind and then you will just doubt again.

I will tell you where you're going wrong, you're applying your logic and intellect to the rulings of Allah and trying to make sense of them with your limited mind and intellect, and this is the trap you're falling into, because our mind and intellect can never fully comprehend the wisdom behind every single little thing. We are only human after all. For example we can not comprehend how jannah will look like, we can not comprehend how Allah will look like, there are just things as humans that we will never be able to comprehend.

just because we can't comprehend or see the wisdom behind a particular ruling it doesn't mean that the ruling is wrong, rather the problem is with you and your understanding, instead of questioning the laws of Allah you should be questioning your understanding and intellect for not being able to comprehend the wisdom behidn it.

For example, all of those rulings that you mentioned in your post, I can see wisdom behind them being forbidden, however there was a time when I couldn't. But even when I couldn't see the wisdom behind the rulings I still obeyed them because I knew that I was only a human and my knowledge is no where near Allah's knowledge and wisdom, so for me to analyze his rulings and apply my own opinion to them would not be correct at all because it would be like a monkey questioning why we as humans do things.

Of course the monkey will never be able to understand why we do certain things so it will question the logic however we can see the logic because we're more cleverer than the monkey.

And this is what I'm trying to tell you, that you questioning the laws of Allah and trying to identify wisdom behind every single law is like a monkey trying to make sense of humans, some things will make sense to him, other things the monkey will be like "I disagree with that, I wonder why humans do that for" but we as humans can see the wisdom behind it. Do you see my point?

M.E
04-29-2011, 03:54 PM
I see where you're going with this but it still doesn't help me very much.
By the way, please don't understand me wrong, I want to believe in Islam.
I just need to remove the doubt.
Thank you for your time.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Alpha Dude
04-29-2011, 05:03 PM
Consciously seek refuge in Allah from the shaytan and his whispers. Do it with total devotion and if you persevere you'll see results inshaAllah. Our level of connection with Allah tends to fluctuate over time. No person is always going to be fully perfect and never sin. We are not angels. We have to try to stand back up again after falling down. This cycle will continue till our deaths.

Sometimes while listening to Muslim "scholors" I find myself disagreeing with many things they say, I consider myself a somewhat open minded Muslim, I don't mean open minded as in having a girlfriend and drinking (Even though I can easily do those things, the only thing stopping me is Islam) but open minded as in I don't think taking photographs is wrong, I don't see a problem with celebrating your birthday in a halal way, I don't see whats wrong with music as long as its not about sex/drugs and whatnot, I just need to know if I'm right.
You are judging Islam to be incorrect based on certain rulings which you personally cannot see the reason for. I don't think this is a rational approach to take.

You should first determine truth of the Prophethood of Muhammad Sallalahu Alaihe Waslam and the existence of Allah (which, going by when you say you need Allah, you have already done). If you have this determination, then your not being able to understand certain rulings become irrelevant and you rationally have no reason to object to them.

i. If we believe Allah is real
ii. If we believe Prophet Muhammad SAW was Allah's Prophet and Messenger
iii. Then this means we have no option but to submit to the rulings that were brought to us

We can't look at the commands and think 'that can't be right' and from this go on to conclude that Islam itself is not real. That's not a rational approach because we already believe in the Prophethood.

At the end of the day, like brother Salahudeen mentioned, it's a matter of submitting and appreciating our deficiencies after we have gained the initial belief. If we can verify that it indeed is from the law of Allah that lying, for example, is forbidden, we have no basis to refuse it.

Likewise with music, photography, birthdays etc. If we can prove it is something from the sharia, then we have no valid reason to refuse.

There are certain things which from Quran and Sunnah are unambigiously declared haram/halal (e.g. theft, fornication, murder). On other issues that have not been explicitly mentioned in Quran, we look to the primary sources - the Quran, the ahadith, the companions, the salaf (those nearest to the time of the Prophet Sallalahu Alaihe Wassalam) and infer from them what the ruling should be. This is the job of the learned, the scholars.

Photography, celebrating birthdays, music. These are contentious issues. Most scholars would hold all to be impermissible whilst there are others who would argue they are permissible.

We are told to leave that which is doubtful in Islam. So for the individual who wishes to have a strong relationship with Allah, he would strive to avoid the above things.

Once again bro, the important thing is, once you have accepted the truth of Islam, it is not logical to assume it false based on anything of the commands/rulings which you personally don't agree with.

If your parents were to tell you 'no playstation tonight' and you didn't think that was reasonable, you can't conclude from this that these people are not your real parents or that your parents don't exist in the first place. Kinda like that.

Ummu Sufyaan
04-30-2011, 03:22 AM
i think you may have answered your own question.

you being distressed about these thoughts is an indication that you dont actually like them, but they cross your mind none-the-less against your will.

i think its shaytan trying to make you think you have doubts, so that you can act upon them and be even more confused.

lots of people get this where they strongly believe in Allah and they know that they do, except shaytan whispers to them that they have doubts about Islam...this causes them to feel very distressed (like how you are felling) becuase they know they do believe in Allah, but these thoughts come to them and so that get confused. i know this, becuase I've been there.

what you need to do is not let these thoughts deceive and trick you into believing something you dont. pray to Allah to help you and guard you from falling into the deception of Satan.

Ali Mujahidin
04-30-2011, 09:55 AM
:sl:

Here are some random tips from ThisOldMan:

1. Perform salaah. I mean not just as and when you have nothing better to do with your time. I mean perform salaah on time every time.

2. Perform salaah. I mean not any old how and any old way. I mean perform salaah with the same preparations as you would take when you are going to meet someone important. Prepare ahead of time, dress the best way you can, put on your best attar, etc. After all, who can be more important than Allah?

3. Perform salaah. I don't mean on your own all by yourself. I mean perform salaah together with the jemaah each time and every time on time.

Get started now and keep at it. There are so many wondrous effects of salaah that can only be experienced when you perform salaah. Give it a try and keep on trying until you get it. Wallahu aklam.

Hamza Asadullah
05-16-2011, 11:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by M.E
I see where you're going with this but it still doesn't help me very much.
Thank you for your time.

Asalaamu Alaikum, the doubt is there from a lack of knolwedge there is NO doubt about that. So what you must concentrate on is learning as much as you can firstly about the basics of Islam and once the foundations of your basic knowledge are strengthened then you can work your way up and build up your knowledge of Islam. It is knowledge that will bring you clarity to ANY doubts that you may have.

Also you should ask of Allah sincerely in prayer to help you to overcome these doubts. There is NO doubt that shaythan is trying to confuse you and create doubts in your mind because of your lack of knowledge. Surely he is your sworn enemy and aims to try and divert you away from the remembrance and worship of Allah.

Therefore you must learn knowledge and pray Salaah and worship Allah as much as possible. Seek refuge in Allah in order to repel the evil effects of the whisperings and deception of your enemy shaythan.

Turn to Allah and trust in him. Ask of him sincerely and make the effort to learn about deen as much as is possible and you will gain clarification in every aspect of Islam and your doubts will be removed.

I pray that Allah gives you knowledge and removes doubts from your heart and protects you from the evil whisperings of shaythan. Ameen

If yuo need any help or resources then please do not hesitate to ask.

And Allah knows best in all matters

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!