/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Quran's scientific miracles, be careful

Anas Hasan
04-30-2011, 12:42 AM
السلام علبكم

I recently saw alot of fabricated "scientific researches" said to be a miracle in Quran that people share with others without even confirming its sources, the same for "ahadeeth", I've received many e-mails from my friends containing "hadeeth" which truned out to be "mawdoa" (fabricated).

for example I've read this article today : "A Scientific Miracle of the Holy Quran"
"Japanese Research Team President Embrace Islam
Dr. Taha Ibrahim Khalifa, former dean and Professor of medicinal plants and drugs at Al-Azhar University and tells the following article about a Quran miracle.

Metallothionein (MT) : A material which is produced by humans and animals brains in small quantities. This material is a protein that contains Sulfur which can easily bind with zinc, iron and phosphorus. This substance is considered very vital to the human body in the sense of reducing cholesterol, performing metabolism, strengthening the heart, and controlling breath.

MT production increases gradually between the ages of 15 to 35 years. Then, the production level decrease till it stops at the age of sixty. That is why it was not easy to obtain MT from humans. Also, small amount of MT was found in animals.

Therefore, scientists kept searching for MT in plants. A team of Japanese scientists searched for this magical substance that works as a removal of the symptoms of aging. The team found subject substance only in two types of plants; fig and olive.

After MT was deduce from figs and olives, scientists found that the use of MT from fig or olive alone did not give the expected benefit for the human health. The benefits were only seen when MT that is extracted from fig was mixed with MT that is extracted from olive. After noticing that, the Japanese team tried to find the best mix ratio between fig and olive that provides the best influence.
The best mix ratio was found to be 1 fig to 7 olives!

Dr. Taha Ibrahim Khalifa has searched the Holy Quran and found that fig was mentioned once while olive was mentioned six times explicitly and one time implicitly.

Dr. Taha has sent all the information that he gathered from the Holy Quran to the Japanese research team. After verifying that the discovered information were mentioned in the Holy Quran 1427 years ago, the President of the Japanese research team declared his Islam and the research team surrendered the patent to Dr. Taha Ibrahim Khalifa. "

So after I've read this wonderful "story" I couldn't find any resource or what is the name of "the president of the japanese research team" or who is Dr. Taha Ibrahim Khalifa.
after many researched I've discovered that there is a guy named Dr. Taha Khalifa but he died before this article was made and the whole story was fake.

this kind of articles has negative effect on Islam, especially when muslims spread it as a prove of miracles in Quran.

I hope my point is clear, and sorry for my long thread.

السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
CosmicPathos
04-30-2011, 12:53 AM
you have to keep in mind that this phenomenon of justifying all sorts of scientific discoveries with Quran goes back at least 50-60 years when Muslims, in the face of Western scientific achievements, were dealing with the corruption and technological demise of their own societies. It has created lots of wrong information among our elders and youngsters. And if we correct them, they think we have left Islam etc. It is a miserable situation.

gladTidings
04-30-2011, 01:13 AM
The Qur'an is not a book of science. Period.

Woodrow
04-30-2011, 08:52 AM
Sadly it does seem that this is an era of tribulation and trials of a new type. We do have well intentioned people who for reasons known only to themselves, engage in some level of deceit. Perhaps they do not realize they are being deceitful and sincerely believe they are telling the truth, but have not really checked out all the fact.

We also have people who do deliberate fabrications, many times some that will be caught very easily. Perhaps some of those are done by enemies of Islam to make us look easily fooled or outright deceitful.

In any case this emphasis on "proving" scientific discoveries as Miracles of the Qur'an seems to be distracting people away from what the Quran actually is. We need to focus on the purpose of the Quran and stop trying to turn it into a science text book.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Perseveranze
04-30-2011, 03:54 PM
I can't find the verse in exact, but it directly answers this which Muslims must never forget. It's in regards to confirming something for yourself, rather then just going off what people say etc. It's a beautiful verse, wish I could find it.

- Qatada -
04-30-2011, 09:14 PM
:salamext:

Some are true Linguistic Scientific Miracles though;

http://LinguisticMiracle.com/science.html

Insaanah
05-01-2011, 08:59 AM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by Perseveranze
I can't find the verse in exact, but it directly answers this which Muslims must never forget. It's in regards to confirming something for yourself, rather then just going off what people say etc. It's a beautiful verse, wish I could find it.
Is it this one?

Sahih International
O you who have believed, if there comes to you a disobedient one with information, investigate, lest you harm a people out of ignorance and become, over what you have done, regretful.

Muhsin Khan
O you who believe! If a rebellious evil person comes to you with a news, verify it, lest you harm people in ignorance, and afterwards you become regretful to what you have done.

(Qur'an, 49:6)

Anas Hasan
05-01-2011, 10:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah
O you who have believed, if there comes to you a disobedient one with information, investigate, lest you harm a people out of ignorance and become, over what you have done, regretful.
(Qur'an, 49:6)
exactly, this verse summerize my point and more.

I hope I didn't mislead some of you, I mean there are many scientifc miracles in Qur'an, but not every theory and every research is in Qura'an.
For example, what if someone said I've found this theory in Qura'an, and after a year they dicovered that this theory was way wrong.
so if we want to talk about facts and science, we should get it from Qura'an not to Qur'an.

sister peãrl said "The Qur'an is not a book of science", it's not but it's containing some scientifc materials; like the stages of human growth, the big bang theory, etc ..

(الر كتاب أحكمت آياته ثم فصلت من لدن حكيم خبير ) from surat Hud (11:1):
"Alif-Lam-Ra (This is) a Book, the Verses whereof are perfected (in every sphere of knowledge), and then explained in detail from One (Allah) Who is All-Wise Well-Acquainted (with all things)."

The Prophet said, "Do not tell a lie against me for whoever
tells a lie against me (intentionally) then he will surely
enter the Hell−fire." or as he said. Bukhari(1.106).

al yunan
05-02-2011, 04:13 PM
Assalamu Alaikum,
Just a reminder through a Hadith related by Ibn Masud "equaly cursed is he tries to prove or disprove the Quran".
masalam

-Elle-
05-14-2011, 11:27 PM
If you read or hear of such a claim (that there is 'x' scientific fact in the Qur'an), before anything, look up the fact and see if it's true.t I would never claim something I was not able to verify to be a fact. If you did look up the fact and saw that it is indeed true, go ahead and read the verse of the Qur'an which describes this scientific phenomena. It really, really helps if you speak or read arabic, because then, you can understand it on your own. If you don't, get someone you know and trust to read it. After that, it will be pretty clear to know whether it's true or not. An example of this would be a verse that has come up numerous times in the Qur'an:

ٱللَّهُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَ ٱلسَّمَـٰوَٲتِ وَٱلۡأَرۡضَ وَأَنزَلَ مِنَ ٱلسَّمَآءِ مَآءً۬ فَأَخۡرَجَ بِهِۦ مِنَ ٱلثَّمَرَٲتِ رِزۡقً۬ا لَّكُمۡ*ۖ وَسَخَّرَ لَكُمُ ٱلۡفُلۡكَ لِتَجۡرِىَ فِى ٱلۡبَحۡرِ بِأَمۡرِهِۦ*ۖ وَسَخَّرَ لَكُمُ ٱلۡأَنۡهَـٰرَ

Allah is He Who created the heavens and the earth, and causeth water to descend from the sky, thereby producing fruits as food for you, and maketh the ships to be of service unto you, that they may run upon the sea at His command, and hath made of service unto you the rivers; (32)

You can go ahead and research why this verse, which speaks of the cycle of water and hydrology, is claimed to be a scientific fact in the Qur'an. Read up on hydrology as much as you can, on the history of our knowledge upon it, and then you can understand better understand some verses of the Qur'an. Remember, Islam encourages us to seek knowledge on everything which has been created, not just Religion,I believe every aspect of this world (history,biology, chemistry,astronomy, ecology,etc.) can lead you to Islam, so yes, the Quran is not a book of science, but it is a book of knowledge, and thus cover scientific facts, as a sign for mankind.

جوري
05-19-2011, 12:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by al yunan
Default Re: Quran's scientific miracles, be careful Assalamu Alaikum, Just a reminder through a Hadith related by Ibn Masud "equaly cursed is he tries to prove or disprove the Quran". masalam

that is interesting.. can I see this hadith please.. and what is the meaning of it when there are fields dedicated to that polemicists, people like Dr. Ahmad deedat..shouldn't we be made to prove the truth of the Quran?

:w:

Amanda
05-19-2011, 01:27 AM
A good reminder of the wealth of misinformation that is out there... though it makes me sad when people fabricate things like that. Islam is beautiful enough that it doesn't need false proof to give it strength.

al yunan
05-19-2011, 09:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ
that is interesting.. can I see this hadith please.. and what is the meaning of it when there are fields dedicated to that polemicists, people like Dr. Ahmad deedat..shouldn't we be made to prove the truth of the Quran?

Assalamu Alaikum sister,

The phenomena of polemicists is a later day one.
The disprove of the Quran part, I guess explains its self as wrong.
As for the proof one dos not have to be an Alim to see the wrong to elaborate;
The prophet s.a.w never tried to argue or prove any point.
None of the Major scholars ever got into disputes about proof of the Quran.
To involve one's self in Tafsir is understood and accepted, but to try and prove the word of Allah S.W.T is a preposterous idea to any Ahli Sunni wal Jamaah.
There is no Usul Fiqh or any branch in Islamic studies dealing with proof of Kalamullah.
To criticise Allah S.W.T's word or ask for proof ?

The Quran wherein there is no doubt 10/37
The Quran against which falsehood shall not prevail 41/41,42
The Quran is free from mistake 18/1
The Quran when read places a veil between the reader and the unbeliever that they may not understand 17/45,46

Just a few verses to ponder upon and remember sister, as the old saying goes "the road to hell is paved with good intentions"
The greatest damage to the Ummah has been caused by self appointed Dawah experts whose lack of Fiqh only increases the sectarianism that has struck us in the last century. where is the "hold fast on the rope of Allah".
Our job as Muslims is to propagate through Akhlak, Adab and example.
For one to be a Dai one needs to be a fully fledged Alim of the Quran and Muhadith.

We are not evangelists, we have Shariah to guide us and principles of Iman to follow and Aqidah to rely on and the example of our beloved prophet s.a.w.
As for Ahmad Deedat he was entertaining to watch but not within the Sunnah of Allah S.W.T or Sunnah Rasul s.a.w.
The Quran states response to Christians and Jews, where was it told to us to mock and ridicule them; where is it stated the Prophet s.a.w did so ?
The end does not justify the means and Niya alone is not Iman unless followed by Ilm and Amal after which Inshallah Allah S.W.T may grant understanding (as per Hadith Qudsi)

This is a subject which truly pains me as many a good souls went astray.
I hope I made my point sister with out sounding condescending and I hope you'll seek advice to have Yakin Mutmaina about our not having the right "to prove the truth of the Quran"
I also apologise for not been able to give a more scholastic answer but I do not have many books and I have no faith in the Internet and I rely in what I've been taught.

Masalam

جوري
05-19-2011, 02:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by al yunan
We are not evangelists,

I agree, but how do you counter the vicious lies of evangelists as an example that we worship the 'moon God' except by doing just that..
and how can you not ridicule such claims when by their very nature they're ridiculous?

Allah a3lam anyway.. I loved that sheikh and he did alot for Islam and Muslims.. so every age brings about new things that may not have been appropriate for that which preceded it but folks are getting colorful with their claims and we're to spread the true word of God or at least counter falsehood!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!