/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Have the forum crashes caused problems?

Insaanah
04-30-2011, 09:08 AM
:sl:

I only ask, because there are old threads that I had bookmarked, that if I now try to go to, the links for them default to the forum homepage.

Here's an example:

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...dow-skies.html

Before the crashes, these used to work.

If I try to do a search for them to get to them that way, they don't come up, as though they no longer exist.

Or is it the case that they aren't showing up for a different unrelated reason?

Jazaakumullah khayr.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
04-30-2011, 09:24 AM
Those and other problems do not seem to be related to the crashes. They seem to be an indication some up dating needs to be done. There is at least one admin who has been trying to update the search feature. It is a long tedious job. I admire the perseverance of the person who is working on it.

Ramadhan
04-30-2011, 09:35 AM
I thought it was only me.
Also, when I do search from google, it gave me specific results and links to specific threads, but when I click on those google links it only takes me to the IB homepage. And it happens all the time now.

I used to be able to go to those specific threads from google links all the time.

Insaanah
04-30-2011, 12:00 PM
^Jazaakallah khair, that's very helpful.

I guess for the time being we can manually apply that technique to affected threads if we know what the original urls are.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ummu Sufyaan
05-02-2011, 12:47 AM
*bump...it really needs to be fixed.

Beardo
05-02-2011, 02:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zÂk
The URL format changed recently after one of the forum crashes.
http : // www. islamicboard .com/ general/ 52004-look-outside-your-window-skies.html

is now:
http :// www. islamicboard .com/showthread.php?t=52004

http://www.islamicboard.com/showthread.php?t=52004

I asked Rashad to fix it last week... but seems he has no time :ermm: Takes only a few seconds to correct it.
Is that the whole vbSEO thing? So I need to renew the subscription in order to fix it or what?

Beardo
05-20-2011, 05:15 PM
Alhamdulillah the vB SEO prob was fixed and the old format for threads/forums/profiles... etc. is back.

JazakAllah Akhee Rashad.
Wa iyaak, my brother. x) I'm glad I could do *something* productive for this forum, lol. This is a rep-deserving deed, wouldn't you say? I'm not asking for reps, mind you. I'm just asking if it's rep-deserving! :)

AabiruSabeel
05-20-2011, 05:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Beardo
This is a rep-deserving deed, wouldn't you say? I'm not asking for reps, mind you. I'm just asking if it's rep-deserving! :)
I think you deserve a new avatar. What would you like to have?

Beardo
05-20-2011, 05:28 PM
=DDD Yayyy! Hmm.... So I can have *ANYTHING*? I want something ... like maybe a batman avatar?

AabiruSabeel
05-20-2011, 05:32 PM
Er... It is up to zAk's discretion. He is the one who grants them.

Ramadhan
05-20-2011, 05:32 PM
why do I feel like giving Beardo tons of reps? :hmm:

Woodrow
05-20-2011, 05:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AabiruSabeel
Er... It is up to zAk's discretion. He is the one who grants them.
That is a scary thought. I am now picturing Grandson Rashad in a pink bat-girl outfit.

Beardo
05-20-2011, 10:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
why do I feel like giving Beardo tons of reps? :hmm:
you can have anything. But if you select one that breaks forum rules, then you get infractions for free. :ermm:Read la-Hawl...
Don't let such thoughts get into your mind.
@ Naidamar, you are a new staff member. Don't listen to the satanic whispers. Go ahead and perform a good deed. Or many good deeds, because:
1. You're giving someone what they deserve.
2. You're making them happy.
Double whammy! Talk about killing two birds with one stone, yeah?

format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
That is a scary thought. I am now picturing Grandson Rashad in a pink bat-girl outfit.
x_____x;

Asiyah3
05-20-2011, 10:42 PM

Does the search engine work now for older threads?

Woodrow
05-21-2011, 02:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Asiyah3

Does the search engine work now for older threads?
:wa:

I just tried it looking for some stuff over 3 years old and had no problem finding it.

'Abd Al-Maajid
05-21-2011, 03:43 AM
For the tenth time... Yes, you need to renew the vB SEO subscription to fix that^.

So this format of URL is related to SEO? How come? Because they display the forum title in the URL?

Beardo
05-22-2011, 05:56 PM
^ I don't think it expired. I think when the forum went down a while back, the vbSEO got distorted as well. That is my assumption, anyway.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!