/* */

PDA

View Full Version : clarifications on these doubts?

YM Usrah Umar
05-01-2011, 11:44 AM
salam brothers and sisters, my friend has these doubt big time, its a shame tho, this is actually preventing him from praying etc, i gave him my answers but it seems even tho he knows the answer...he still doesnt accept it...he prefers science

1) 1 of them was that "signs b4 doj", he thinks that since prophet(pbuh) said them 1400 yrs ago, how do we actually kno when ther gonna happen? he says that previous scholars and shaykhs mightv said back in 1700's or 1400's (whatevr year) that dajjal has appeared now or use any othr sign thats not for that time but say it was

how do we judge whethr signs hav actually gone by or not?

2) that the shariah law really is JUST suited back in the prophets time, the law that is implemented now should be followed now and not shariah, because this era is different and islamic punishments are too harsh eg cutting off hands

how would u answer this?

3) during the time of umar(ra) caliphate...he made a law that was unjust to jews and christians? can su1m shed light on this plz?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
05-01-2011, 01:01 PM
:salamext:

format_quote Originally Posted by YM Usrah Umar
salam brothers and sisters, my friend has these doubt big time, its a shame tho, this is actually preventing him from praying etc, i gave him my answers but it seems even tho he knows the answer...he still doesnt accept it...he prefers science

1) 1 of them was that "signs b4 doj", he thinks that since prophet(pbuh) said them 1400 yrs ago, how do we actually kno when ther gonna happen?[ he says that previous scholars and shaykhs mightv said back in 1700's or 1400's (whatevr year) that dajjal has appeared now or use any othr sign thats not for that time but say it was

how do we judge whethr signs hav actually gone by or not?
If scholars mistakenly said Dajjal came over 300 years ago, that is due to their misunderstandings. This does not disprove Islam nor the Prophecies. Infact, if Dajjal had come back then, then where is Jesus? Since he is also supposed to come soon after Dajjal.

Some scholars (i.e. Salih al Fawzan) have said that nearly most of the minor signs have come to pass within our lifetimes. [see here]. So it is possible that Dajjal's coming is near. The worldly events also show this to be the case.

2) that the shariah law really is JUST suited back in the prophets time, the law that is implemented now should be followed now and not shariah, because this era is different and islamic punishments are too harsh eg cutting off hands
Show him this;
http://idawah.com/refutations/thief.html

This shows an example of how Islamic wisdom [i.e. cutting the hand of the thiefs] has lowered the crime rates in society.

3) during the time of umar(ra) caliphate...he made a law that was unjust to jews and christians? can su1m shed light on this plz?
We know Umar gave many rights to the Jews and Christians which the Romans did not even give to the Christians or Jews! The Romans oppressed their own fellow Christians, more than the Muslims 'oppressed' the Christians. And the Muslims gave refuge to the Jews while the Romans and Europeans were killing the Jews everywhere they found them.

Also, isn't it ironic how the Jewish and Christian/secularist world is producing laws to torture and harm the Muslims under the guise of 'terrorism'?

maryambintjared
05-01-2011, 03:05 PM
I have not been Muslim long, but I've read that Mohommed (peace be upon him) tempered judgement with mercy. He said that to willingly forgo revenge brought a mercy on the one who forgave, and he was known to be merciful to an empoverished thief... he said instead of the proscribed punishment the man would have to give of his substance to help the poor. The man said honestly that he had nothing to give. At that point, someone brought the Prophet (peace be upon him) a basket of figs, which he gave to the man, saying that his punishment would be to eat the figs himself with his family.

I'm not saying that one should always be so merciful, but the Prophet was open to each situation as it came, and judged it according to Allah's wisdom and knowledge. If your friend thinks Shariah is too harsh, perhaps he could consider how our laws are too lenient. I'd sooner a harsh law, with an all merciful, all compassionate God presiding, than a lax law with no God, and no final judge. The Prophet could balance mercy with judgement, because he lived his life under Allah, Who both loves and judges with perfect wisdom.

YM Usrah Umar
05-01-2011, 04:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Qatada -

If scholars mistakenly said Dajjal came over 300 years ago, that is due to their misunderstandings. This does not disprove Islam nor the Prophecies. Infact, if Dajjal had come back then, then where is Jesus? Since he is also supposed to come soon after Dajjal.

Some scholars (i.e. Salih al Fawzan) have said that nearly most of the minor signs have come to pass within our lifetimes. [see here]. So it is possible that Dajjal's coming is near. The worldly events also show this to be the case.
mashallah great answer, i said that too but not the Isa (AS) part.

Show him this;
http://idawah.com/refutations/thief.html

This shows an example of how Islamic wisdom [i.e. cutting the hand of the thiefs] has lowered the crime rates in society.
Mashallah great, it definetly does lower crime rate like i said to him, but he failed to understand that he thought even if the littlest things got stolen then sum1 would get punished also

We know Umar gave many rights to the Jews and Christians which the Romans did not even give to the Christians or Jews! The Romans oppressed their own fellow Christians, more than the Muslims 'oppressed' the Christians. And the Muslims gave refuge to the Jews while the Romans and Europeans were killing the Jews everywhere they found them.

Also, isn't it ironic how the Jewish and Christian/secularist world is producing laws to torture and harm the Muslims under the guise of 'terrorism'?
did umar (ra) etc really oppress the christians since u mentioned it?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
YM Usrah Umar
05-01-2011, 04:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by maryambintjared
I have not been Muslim long, but I've read that Mohommed (peace be upon him) tempered judgement with mercy. He said that to willingly forgo revenge brought a mercy on the one who forgave, and he was known to be merciful to an empoverished thief... he said instead of the proscribed punishment the man would have to give of his substance to help the poor. The man said honestly that he had nothing to give. At that point, someone brought the Prophet (peace be upon him) a basket of figs, which he gave to the man, saying that his punishment would be to eat the figs himself with his family.

I'm not saying that one should always be so merciful, but the Prophet was open to each situation as it came, and judged it according to Allah's wisdom and knowledge. If your friend thinks Shariah is too harsh, perhaps he could consider how our laws are too lenient. I'd sooner a harsh law, with an all merciful, all compassionate God presiding, than a lax law with no God, and no final judge. The Prophet could balance mercy with judgement, because he lived his life under Allah, Who both loves and judges with perfect wisdom.
jazaks sister, hope everythn is goin well for u iA. ur right, thers another story (from dr zakir naik) that a man converted to christianity, whats the punishment for that.....death but when the punishment came, a companion (think Ibn Abbas (RA)) came and said forgive him, prophet muhammed (pbuh) agreed.

YM Usrah Umar
05-01-2011, 04:22 PM
also he said that the in the quran it doesnt say the word niqab or hijab or it doesnt say women should cover themselves. where i said to him that you can relate hadiths to ayahs and surahs that says u hav to cover, and im pretty sure it says in the quran you hav to cover urslf lik this and lik that right?

can sum1 plz post ayahs up for me plz? jazaks

Woodrow
05-01-2011, 05:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by maryambintjared

In terms of cruelty modern punishments for crimes are more cruel than shariah. The punishments have just been sanitized so we do not see the cruelty. long term imprisonment, which is not found in shariah is very cruel as it hurts not only the perpetrator but all those connected with him and it offers no relief for repentance. The death penalty when used is considerably more painful and frightening than say even stoning. It just looks nice as it usually takes place in a clean, orderly hospital like setting. Lethal injection while looking peaceful has to be very terrifying and painful. Death can take over 15 minutes and even up to an hour during which the person is paralyzed, grasping for breath from slow suffocation and aware of his surroundings but unable to move or even have a facial expression. A living grave until death finally comes. It must be like being buried alive.

One needs to fully understand their own methods of punishment before they decide if it is less cruel than Shariah.

YM Usrah Umar
05-01-2011, 09:32 PM
ok i found the pact, dont kno if reliable or not but can sum1 confirm plz or explain the pact plz

1 We shall not build, in our cities or in their neighborhood, new monasteries, Churches, convents, or monks' cells, nor shall we repair, by day or by night, such of them as fall in ruins or are situated in the quarters of the Muslims.

2 We shall keep our gates wide open for passersby and travelers. We shall give board and lodging to all Muslims who pass our way for three days.

3 We shall not give shelter in our churches or in our dwellings to any spy, nor bide him from the Muslims.

4 We shall not teach the Qur'an to our children. It is forbidden to touch the Qur'an.

5 We shall not manifest our religion publicly nor convert anyone to it. We shall not prevent any of our kin from entering Islam if they wish it.
6 We shall show respect toward the Muslims, and we shall rise from our seats when they wish to sit.

7 We shall not seek to resemble the Muslims by imitating any of their garments, the qalansuwa, the turban, footwear, or the parting of the hair. We shall not speak as they do, nor shall we adopt their kunyas.

8 We shall not mount on saddles, nor shall we gird swords nor bear any kind of arms nor carry them on our- persons.

9 We shall not engrave Arabic inscriptions on our seals.

10 We shall not sell fermented drinks.

11 We shall clip the fronts of our heads.

12 We shall always dress in the same way wherever we may be, and we shall bind the zunar round our waists.

13 We shall not display our crosses or our books in the roads or markets of the Muslims. We shall use only clappers in our churches very softly. We shall not raise our voices when following our dead. We shall not show lights on any of the roads of the Muslims or in their markets. We shall not bury our dead near the Muslims.

14 We shall not take slaves who have beenallotted to Muslims.

15 We shall not build houses overtopping the houses of the Muslims.

16 (When I brought the letter to Umar, may Allah be pleased with him, he added, "We shall not strike a Muslim.")

17 We accept these conditions for ourselves and for the people of our community, and in return we receive safe-conduct.

18 If we in any way violate these undertakings for which we ourselves stand surety, we forfeit our covenant [dhimma], and we become liable to the penalties for contumacy and sedition.

Umar ibn al-Khittab replied: Sign what they ask, but add two clauses and impose them in addition to those which they have undertaken. They are:

19 "They shall not buy anyone made prisoner by the Muslims," and

20 "Whoever strikes a Muslim with deliberate intent shall forfeit the protection of this pact."

- Qatada -
05-02-2011, 11:48 AM

Bro YM, the issue isn't about christians or jews and his sympathy for them. His problem is something more deeply rooted - his lack of knowledge on what type of knowledge takes priority.

Let's say for arguments sake that the treaty you quoted above is true [i'm not saying it is].

But consider - if it is true, Islam rules by making Allah's law the highest - because it has convincing proof of Islam being true.

If people reject this truth, they will be humiliated.

Now also consider - when Non Muslims rule over Muslims, check anywhere in the world; from Democrats, to Communists, to Idol worshippers etc. Since when have these people ever had mercy on the true believers who follow the religion properly? Since when have they ever made it easy for the believers to fully follow their religion?

See how the Quraysh at the time of Prophet Muhammad, how the Jews today in occupied Palestine, how the Christians and Secularists who rule directly the Western world and indirectly the Muslim world [Colonially] - havn't they always been waging war against the truly practising Muslims?

So throughout history, falsehood will oppose truth. When truth prevails, it will shun falsehood, and when falsehood prevails - it will shun the truth and belittle it.

So he should know this, and this is one of the core teachings of the Quran.

- Qatada -
05-02-2011, 11:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by YM Usrah Umar
also he said that the in the quran it doesnt say the word niqab or hijab or it doesnt say women should cover themselves. where i said to him that you can relate hadiths to ayahs and surahs that says u hav to cover, and im pretty sure it says in the quran you hav to cover urslf lik this and lik that right?

can sum1 plz post ayahs up for me plz? jazaks
Question:

Asalaamu alaikum I hear many modernists, or people who claim to follow Qur'an only that the verses in the Qur'an don't mention that the hijab has to include wearing headcover etc. they say that all it states is that the clothes have to be modest etc.

Alhamdulillah the hadith section is good here so insha Allah we can refute them using that, but what i want to know is the explanation of full hijab using qur'an and authentic sunnah. I know its a simple question, but one which needs some clarification and explanation.

Answer:

Dear questioner:

Al-Salām `Alaykum wa Rahmah Allah wa Barakātuh.

Allah says: "Say to the believing men that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty. That will make for greater purity for them, and Allah is acquainted with all that they do. And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they not display their beauty except what (ordinarily) appears thereof; that they should draw their head coverings over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husbands, their fathers, their husbands' fathers, their sons, their husbands' sons, their brothers or their brothers' sons, or their sisters' sons, or their women, or the slaves whom their right hands possess, or male attendants free of sexual desires or small children who have no carnal knowledge of women..." [ Sūrah al-Nūr: 30-31]

The word for head coverings in this verse is khimār, which is a garment that covers the head. This is evidence that a woman should cover her head.

`Âishah said: as reported in Sahīh Bukhārī: "May Allah bless the first immigrant women, when Allah revealed "that they should draw their head coverings over their bosoms" they cut some pieces of their clothes and use them.

Another verse, known as the verse of hijāb, was reveled in the fifth year after the emigration to Madinah. "O Prophet, tell your wives and daughters and the believing women that they should cast their outer garments over their persons: that is most convenient, that they should be known (as such) and not molested. And Allah is Oft-forgiving, most merciful" [ Sūrah al-Ahzāb: 59]

Please also be aware that hijāb is merely a degree of covering. The word does not mean "head scarf" nor does it refer to a head scarf like some people think. It is not a particular type or style of dress, as some people believe. It is not a "symbol" of Islam, nor is it some abstract religious duty that has no rationale behind it. It is not a mere display of religious identity. It is a question of what Islamic Law defines as indecent exposure.

In most Western countries, there are laws defining what is decent. This usually amounts to the male having to cover his genitals and the female having to cover her genitals and her breasts. If this minimum requirement is not met, the person can be charged with indecent exposure. The reason cited for the difference between men and women in this matter is the real physical differences in their anatomy.

Islam prescribes a more conservative minimum dress code for both men and women. A man should always be covered between his navel and his knee. A woman must cover everything but her face and hands. The wisdom behind this dress code is to minimize sexual enticement as much as possible for both men and women. Obeying this dress code is a form of obedience to Allah.

As long as a woman is covered according to the dictates of Islamic modesty, then she is sufficiently covered, regardless of what style of dress she adopts. She does not have to adopt a dress style that sets her apart from the society in which she lives, as long as she upholds the standards of Islamic modesty and covers everything but her face and hands. A woman should be able to figure out stylish ways to dress modestly and cover her hair and neck that do not make her conspicuous in the society in which she lives.

In fact, Muslims living in non-Muslim countries should not needlessly seek to appear different than the people around them. Doing so simply causes unnecessary conflicts and hardships.

Ibn Taymiyah writes: "If the Muslim lives in a non-Muslim country, regardless of whether or not that country is hostile with the Muslim countries, he will not be obligated to make himself appear different than them. This is on account of the difficulties that doing so can pose. Indeed, it might become preferable or even obligatory for him to conform to their outward standards of appearance if there is a benefit for the faith in doing so like inviting them to Islam, or preventing hardship for the Muslims, or for realizing any other wholesome intention." [ Iqtidā' al-Sirāt al-Mustaqīm (176)]

Some Western observers have assumed that the Muslim woman's covering of her head is meant to show her inferiority to men. This could not be further from the truth. The Qur'ān explicitly states that the reason for her dressing this way is so that she will be respected. The message that the woman gives when she wears Islamic dress is as follows: "Respect me for who I am. I am not a sex object."

And Allah knows best.

Fatwā Department Research Committee of IslamToday.net chaired by Sheikh `Abd al-Wahhāb al-Turayrī

YM Usrah Umar
05-02-2011, 12:04 PM
jazakallah, really appreciate it

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!