/* */

PDA

View Full Version : marriage in dubai

adamahmed
05-01-2011, 12:51 PM
Assalamu alaikum,

i wish to marry my girlfriend in Dubai, she is a resident there and i am a UK citizen living in UK, our problem is her both parents are no longer with us, and she has brothers but they do not want us to marry but give no valid reason, so i was wondering how can we still marry? can she ask another person to sign for her approval or is there any other means we can marry, she is very independent woman in her late 30's so she is no child, and has lived and worked in Dubai on her own for many years.

any advice would be welcome.

adam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
05-16-2011, 01:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by adamahmed
Assalamu alaikum,

i wish to marry my girlfriend in Dubai, she is a resident there and i am a UK citizen living in UK, our problem is her both parents are no longer with us, and she has brothers but they do not want us to marry but give no valid reason, so i was wondering how can we still marry? can she ask another person to sign for her approval or is there any other means we can marry, she is very independent woman in her late 30's so she is no child, and has lived and worked in Dubai on her own for many years.

any advice would be welcome.

adam
Wa Alaikum Asalaam, It is very unfortunate that her brothers are taking such a stance for no apparent reason. Will you marry her in the UK or in Dubai?

I think it is best if you get in touch with the shariah council as they will help you with this matter inshallah.

http://www.islamic-sharia.org/index....orms&Itemid=72

I pray whatever is best for you happen in this matter. Ameen

And Allah knows best in all matters

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!