/* */

PDA

View Full Version : IslamicBoard.com crashed!

AabiruSabeel
04-28-2011, 11:33 PM
29 April 2011, IslamicBoard: As the sun rose high on Thursday, 28 April 2011, www.IslamicBoard.com crashed in the middle of cyberspace disrupting all the paths leading to its fine threads. All members were denied access to the crash(ed) site for more than 20 hours. The calls to the Technical Team went unanswered for a couple of hours before someone promised to find a new server for the crashed site.

Though the crash was initially blamed on a sneaky bug which hollowed out the database foundations, investigations are still underway to determine the root cause of the crash. Officials say the crash was very predictable following the recent downtime. The Administrator Beardo was not available for any comment and LI-Staff refused to say anything until the investigations are complete. Alhamdulillah, nobody was injured during the incident.

As the site was cleared late night on Thursday, members were found struggling to follow the confusing paths, often landing at dead end. No Posts or Announcements were posted to indicate the altered paths to the old threads.

--
Independent report

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AabiruSabeel
05-01-2011, 07:49 PM
Update, 1 May 2011: Alhamdulillah, the Forum is up and running now with an average velocity of 250 posts per day. The contribution of our valued members is deeply appreciated.

The paths to the valuable threads still remains disrupted. The Administrator Beardo seems to have lost the key to remap them suitably.

Beardo
05-01-2011, 08:05 PM
*Calls AabiruSabeel Network* Yes, Hello. Yes, the subscription for the remapping software seems to have expired. We, at the Jannah Network Head Department, are working towards a renewal.

Uthman
05-01-2011, 08:10 PM
From the press (LI News Service): Have there been any calls for Beardo to resign over this terrible incident?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Alpha Dude
05-01-2011, 08:36 PM
From a heckler: Down with Beardo! Never been fit to rule.

IB-Staff
05-01-2011, 08:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Uthmān
From the press (LI News Service): Have there been any calls for Beardo to resign over this terrible incident?

Apparently, yes, there has been calls for Beardo to resign over the incident, but his strong 49 rep power makes the public hesitant in voicing their opinion.
Recently we have seen stronger reformation calls with more than double of his rep power. In any case, we at the IslamicBoard pray for peace, safety and security of its members and in case of any revolution, a smooth transfer of power to the next deserving head admin.

The investigations of the crash are still underway, pending a review from General zAk and Admiral Tilmeez who has not returned yet from his hunting trip.

GuestFellow
05-01-2011, 11:03 PM
:sl:

AabiruSabeel, Woodrow, Beardo, zAk and Muraad should be put on trial for war crimes.

Reflections
05-01-2011, 11:38 PM
I find that LI-Staffs' signature really freaky...:muddlehea..It knows exactly what I'm using

Ummu Sufyaan
05-02-2011, 12:44 AM
this is a decent change from the usual gunk and rubbish we get in this section.

Haya emaan
05-02-2011, 11:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bint Abi
I find that LI-Staffs' signature really freaky...:muddlehea..It knows exactly what I'm using
that made me too this :muddlehea:muddlehea

missy
05-02-2011, 11:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mun-o-salwa
that made me too this
totally!! me too....but i found out something...it's not that someone can see or find your IP address or what u're using...it's just that u urself can see what you're using ...
it's cool tho!!.....freaked me out at first!! :giggling:

AabiruSabeel
05-02-2011, 12:17 PM
Update, 2 May 2011:

There has been unconfirmed reports that suggested sabr*'s bug (pictured above) was the main culprit in causing the forum crash. The exterminators were unable to spray behind the glass screens which sustained the bug, thus causing the crash. Admiral Tilmeez is back from his hunting trip and will be presenting his report soon.

Eye witness reports say, inspite of the clear guidelines given earlier, members were seen panicking and circling the restricted crash(ed) site continuously, and failed to close their browser windows. None of the members attempted to send the emergency signal to the given email address.

There has also been reports of a few guests outliving the IslamicBoard hospitality and accusing the officials of war crimes, even though there wasn't any war or casualties in the accident. IslamicBoard has always advocated peaceful co-existence and Compassion Despite Disagreement.

On a brighter note, we have received calls from the head admin Beardo indicating that he will be ordering a new key for the mapping system which will soon help in restoring the streamlined roads, streets and pathways leading to the outstanding threads of IslamicBoard.

Woodrow
05-02-2011, 01:11 PM
A mews Flash: Secretary of Internal Affairs Woodrow is now on the scene and has issued this report.
"It has been confirmed. we are now certan that at some point in time, possibly within the past few weeks, the Forum did crash. this is not a hoax as was first supected. So everybody can relax and go home. There is nothing wrong with your computers and if you exercise rasonable caution you will not receive any major infractions fall out nor should theere be any significant increase in spam. The major problem is there may be be some loss of control over the mechanism that filters out sily threads Although at ths time there was fear you may experience an increase in typo errrors, it is doubtful that willl happen, as this reply has been certified free of such.".
"

S.Belle
05-02-2011, 06:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bint Abi
me tooo.....but who the heck is mr. anderson?...

Uthman
05-02-2011, 08:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by S.Belle

me tooo.....but who the heck is mr. anderson?...
Here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neo_%28The_Matrix%29

Woodrow
05-02-2011, 08:11 PM
The crisis is over. To verify this please follow these instructions...................................... .................................................. ............

Flame of Hope
05-02-2011, 09:11 PM
Important Headline Bulletin Mews.

An Exclusive Interview With Affected Member of IB Forum When The Crash Occurred.
PWI = Person Who Interviews

AFOIBFNF= Affected Member of IB Forum Named Flame.

---------------------

Interview details:

PWI: Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen. We have today in our studio an affected member of the IB forum who has graciously agreed to speak to us about the incredible forum crash that occurred recently, which disrupted all internet traffic and slowed down many of the forum member's movements. Flame?

AFOIBFNF: Yes, PWI.

PWI: Can you tell us how you were affected by the crash?

AFOIBFNF: It was horrible. Most horrible. My imagination had nowhere to go. I felt rather suffocated.

PWI: But there are other forums out there, right?

AFOIBFNF: Of course, but I don't like other forums. This is the only forum where I got accepted as who I truly am.

PWI: And what are you truly?

AFOIBFNF: Flame.

PWI: That's a very interesting name you have there. Didn't anyone think it was strange when you first joined the forum?

AFOIBFNF: Yes, they did. But they kindly overlooked it. They never told me it was weird or made me feel uncomfortable. I had warned them from the outset that I am a Question Monster.....well, what an idea! I can certainly win that award!.....ahem....uh sorry.......where was I?

PWI: You warned them that you were a Question Monster.

AFOIBFNF: Right. But they had no problem with it. So I began to bomb the forum with questions.

PWI: Wait a minute...... could it be possible that the forum crashed because of those questions?

AFOIBFNF: :embarrass (stammering....) it.....it....is possible.

PWI: :omg:

AFOIBFNF: :embarrass :exhausted :phew

PWI: What are you going to do now that the forum is back to normal?

AFOIBFNF: Penance. imsad I'll stop bombing the forum.

PWI: Meaning you won't be asking any more questions.

AFOIBFNF: Well......I will try. I just one more question to ask and after that I'll really be done.

PWI: Good luck with you on that! (turning to TV screen) Well, folks, that's all we have time for today. Thank you AFOIBFNF for being with us and shedding light upon the IB forum crash and how affected you were by it.

AFOIBFNF: No problem.

.........fade out.......

P.S. This piece was written when sheer boredom was threatening the forum skies.........

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!