/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Saying NO

Ansariyah
05-01-2011, 10:26 PM
Why do we find it next to impossible to say this two-letter word?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
S.Belle
05-01-2011, 10:34 PM
its not impossible
i can easily say no to anyone who is not my mom or a cute chubby cheeked kid
all you do is open your mouth and say Na Oh and then quickly look away from the person

Reflections
05-01-2011, 10:47 PM
No is one of my favourite words lol

Nájlá
05-01-2011, 10:52 PM
I got myself in trouble for not saying No... I guess its just hard sometimes.

When you want to say yes but you know you should be saying No its hard a choice sometimes.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
GuestFellow
05-01-2011, 10:55 PM
Sometimes I do feel guilty if I say no.

Cabdullahi
05-01-2011, 11:03 PM
oh no its yanoorah...no

Chavundur
05-01-2011, 11:25 PM
Because our weakness is shown up when We said No :.))

Flame of Hope
05-02-2011, 12:23 AM
I don't at all have a problem saying: "NO! This award isn't for you". :Evil:

Ummu Sufyaan
05-02-2011, 12:39 AM
because people can be manipulative?

Innocent Soul
05-02-2011, 02:02 AM
^o) The options are really funny:giggling: . If we can do the work we should say yes and if we don't want to do we say no :ermm:. 3rd and 4th options are really strange :lol:.

S_87
05-02-2011, 10:25 AM
depends what im saying no for.

i say no when im asked the question 'are you mad/upset at me' without a problem. Although with this face :raging:

gladTidings
05-02-2011, 10:42 AM
I suffer from the feel-bad syndrome.

Haya emaan
05-02-2011, 11:17 AM
saying no is not always difficult...:hmm:

sum times it is more easier then any other thing

elina
05-02-2011, 01:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ummu Sufyaan
i totally agree with that....

i find it hard to say no especially if theres been a run up story to the question and it catches me off guard..... or if the person makes me feel bad about saying no even when i shouldnt feel bad :(

Muhaba
05-02-2011, 01:40 PM
no, i don't want to answer this question.

oh well, i guess i will answer.
sometimes i can say no, sometimes not. it really depends on who i'm talking to. for example, if its a friend or classmate, i can say it easily. so if someone asks me for help and i have the time to do it, i'll say yes, but if not, i'll clearly tell them i can't. and I thank Allah for the ability, because i see that some ppl have a hard time to say no.

the same is the case with standing up for your rights. i can do it with non-family memebrs.

as for family members, i think saying no is harder because you don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, becuase you are brought up to feel that it will hurt their feelings etc. Also, if you are talking to your parents, then its important islamically also to obey them. however, you need to draw the line sometimes. sometimes you need to explain to parents / sibs that what you are doing is right and what they are saying is wrong, especially when it is related to Islam.

so it's important to learn to say no when it is islamically right for you to do it. you need to know exactly when it is right and when it isn't for you to say no, and then do it when it is right. i hope i made myself clear

Beardo
05-02-2011, 01:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ummu Sufyaan
Correct answer ^

Some people really know how to put you on the spot.

Laila-
05-02-2011, 05:06 PM
I’m always sacred of hurting other people's feelings, if the answer means that it will cause me pain but will make the other person happy then I would rather say yes just to make the other person happy. Done it many times, I have made myself suffer in the past just to make others happy. Even currently, my mum wants me to marry my cousin whom I don’t really fancy but just to make my parents and the guy happy I’m gonna say yes even though I know I may not be happy him.

Perseveranze
05-02-2011, 09:19 PM
Yeah, it's difficult. I usually make up an excuse instead, otherwise I don't want to hurt their feelings or come off as rude.

Maryan0
05-02-2011, 10:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Laila-
I’m always sacred of hurting other people's feelings, if the answer means that it will cause me pain but will make the other person happy then I would rather say yes just to make the other person happy. Done it many times, I have made myself suffer in the past just to make others happy. Even currently, my mum wants me to marry my cousin whom I don’t really fancy but just to make my parents and the guy happy I’m gonna say yes even though I know I may not be happy him.
Sis if you don't want to marry the guy don't. I myself feel uncomfortable saying no to people but when it comes to serious things saying no is important. This your life and your future happiness. This is not to say ignore your parents wishes but if you believe already that you will be unhappy perhaps it is best that you give saying "NO" some serious thought.
Salam

Endymion
05-07-2011, 09:18 PM
Option 1 and 2 are my choices.I really feel bad if by chance i say "No".Normally,my siblings and my family,my friends dont let me say a "No" as they know me well +o(
Like my bro's.They never call me straight for any thing.If they need something they call me like that.
Endyyyyy......... Hey come here,look whats that.I ran towards them and ask What?What is this :?And they reply,Nothing,Just give us a glass of water or they ask me to iron their clothes or things like that :raging: And i always find my self unable to say a "No" :skeleton:
My Parents,friends and relatives use a different trick.They call me "Endy,come here sweet heart".When i get there they said in a really sweet voice.Sweety,can you do this (whatever they want) for me,i know you wont say a "No" to me,you are not like others who bluntly refuse others call for help.... Hmmm :statisfie

And i just said what they want me to say,A "Yes" :hmm:

This made me :raging: in my heart that time but after that,i feel satisfied i did not hurt any one by saying a "No" :statisfie

Innocent Soul
06-02-2011, 07:00 AM
I know this is late but I got something about saying no.

Six Secrets to Saying “No”

Who Am I?
06-02-2011, 06:19 PM
I like saying no, because everyone else almost always says "yes". So I do it just to be different.

Muhaba
06-08-2011, 12:56 PM
^doing something for a reason other than because you want to or because it is the right thing to do may not be a good thing. i think it is better to be yourself and say no when you feel it is the right thing and not because you want to be different from others. becuase in that case, you are letting others affect your behavior even if you think that you are being different, defiant, etc.

Who Am I?
06-08-2011, 02:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by WRITER
^doing something for a reason other than because you want to or because it is the right thing to do may not be a good thing. i think it is better to be yourself and say no when you feel it is the right thing and not because you want to be different from others. becuase in that case, you are letting others affect your behavior even if you think that you are being different, defiant, etc.

But it's so FUN to annoy everyone... ;D

I do see your point though.

sister herb
06-08-2011, 04:43 PM
Sometimes it is good to learn to say no; like in work some people are just too kind to say no when some they colleagues ask them to help or make some more extra work. Kind of "can´t say no"- people are then in big risk to get burnout when they don´t no how to say NO.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!