/* */

PDA

View Full Version : please please need your opinion (NIYAT)

Flower1111
05-02-2011, 06:51 PM
The concept of Niyat is essential in Islam. deeds are rewarded according to the niya.If you intend to do a good deed u will b rewarded eventhough u mite do it in a wrong way.
Now please listen to this example of mine (my own situation) and tell me how and If the niya plays a role here or not. i try to make it short
I want to do istikhara. i decide to search on net about it. i find a site which says this and this methods can be used for istikhara. As i had not much knowledge about it and on top didnt recognize that this site im taking info from is from Shias, i simply took one method thinking it is a possible and allowed way to do it. It says recite surat al ikhlas 3x and then salawat and open quran randomly to find answer.(the answer was not good) Afterwards i found out this is a wrong way and practice and is totally bidah and even haram in some way, which i got to know from a scholar.
Now does my niyat at the beginning when i did this, play a role or not and makes this IStikhara valid? as i wasnt aware im doing something forbidden and my niyat at the beginning was thinking of doing an allowed act. So did ALLAH respond to my niyat or is this not possible if its basis is a wrong thing.
i hope you got me and can give me an opinon InshaAllah.i really need to know.i have a guilty consciousness and dont know whether im on rite track

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
05-03-2011, 12:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Soraya1992
The concept of Niyat is essential in Islam. deeds are rewarded according to the niya.If you intend to do a good deed u will b rewarded eventhough u mite do it in a wrong way.
Now please listen to this example of mine (my own situation) and tell me how and If the niya plays a role here or not. i try to make it short
I want to do istikhara. i decide to search on net about it. i find a site which says this and this methods can be used for istikhara. As i had not much knowledge about it and on top didnt recognize that this site im taking info from is from Shias, i simply took one method thinking it is a possible and allowed way to do it. It says recite surat al ikhlas 3x and then salawat and open quran randomly to find answer.(the answer was not good) Afterwards i found out this is a wrong way and practice and is totally bidah and even haram in some way, which i got to know from a scholar.
Now does my niyat at the beginning when i did this, play a role or not and makes this IStikhara valid? as i wasnt aware im doing something forbidden and my niyat at the beginning was thinking of doing an allowed act. So did ALLAH respond to my niyat or is this not possible if its basis is a wrong thing.
i hope you got me and can give me an opinon InshaAllah.i really need to know.i have a guilty consciousness and dont know whether im on rite track
Asalaamu Alaikum, jazkallahu khayr for your question. My opinion on this is that you should disregard what has happened before and learn from your mistake and do isthikhara in the proper manner a few times until you get an inclination and rely upon Allah.

You should never just take knowledge from anywhere on the internet without knowing of the authenticity of the site because the internet is full of deception and one has to have at least some prior knolwedge before searching on a particular matter.

Here is how you can do isthikhara properly:

http://www.al-baz.com/shaikhabdalqad...istikhara.html

If you need anymore help or advice on any matter at all then please do not hesitate to ask.

And Allah knows best in all matters

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!