/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Where is Osama Bin ladin killed thread ?

Predator
05-03-2011, 12:57 PM
:sl:

Where is Osama Bin ladin killed thread ? I have checked world affairs thread and its not there

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Dagless
05-03-2011, 01:23 PM
Why not just delete the trolling posts? It's a major topic at the moment and I'm sure people still want to talk about it.

Woodrow
05-03-2011, 01:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless
Why not just delete the trolling posts? It's a major topic at the moment and I'm sure people still want to talk about it.
I tried that and everybody came back with even worse personal attacks. Even infractions and warnings of banning did not help. I am not going to allow a thread that places many members at risk of being banned. It is a very emotionally charged subject and almost impossible to keep from becoming a war zone. Many feel Usama was the ultimate terrorist and about an equal number feel he is a modern hero and the best example of a martyr. with those extremes, peace keeping is an impossible task.

Cabdullahi
05-03-2011, 01:44 PM
please uncle

please uncle woodrow

plesaseaa

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
GuestFellow
05-03-2011, 01:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Airforce

Where is Osama Bin ladin killed thread ? I have checked world affairs thread and its not there
:wa:

Some members lost it and began to insult each other. The administrator did warn members not to resort to personal attacks and closed the topic for approximately 15 minutes but this did not work. Deleting posts and disabling accounts did not work either. So it was binned. *Throws confetti*

Woodrow
05-03-2011, 01:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by thequietone
please uncle

please uncle woodrow

plesaseaa

Convince me that the posters will cease with personal attacks on each other. I would like nothing more than to restore it after about 30 posts are deleted. I agree it is a very valid topic and people do want to discuss it. but it is also highly emotional and seems to bring out personal insults and attacks

Beardo
05-03-2011, 01:56 PM
Being me, I suppose it's no surprise that I'm on the side with those who want it to be re-opened. I believe we could possibly start a new thread, or re-opening the old one, and putting a clear admin's note in bolded red, advising people against personal insults and attacks.

But that is just my two cents. Actually, not even two cents. That is just my two paisas.

GuestFellow
05-03-2011, 01:58 PM
please uncle

please uncle woodrow

plesaseaa
You sound like my nephew. :p:

How about we wait for a couple of weeks and then discuss this topic? There will be more information available and members will have calmed down, Inshallah.

Beardo
05-03-2011, 02:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
How about we wait for a couple of weeks and then discuss this topic? There will be more information available and members will have calmed down, Inshallah.
Something bigger will probably arise by then. This issue should be addressed while people are still in-the-know about it.

Also, how do you respond when people ask you? It's Palestine Awareness Week on campus, and we're getting a lot of questions about it. I just say it has nothing to do with our cause, but still, I wish I could give them some sort of answer. o.o

Ali Mujahidin
05-03-2011, 02:06 PM

How about this?

Put this thread under the control of a special board which requires every post to be moderated before it can be published. Something like what is done with some other boards already running in this forum. This way we can still have a discussion without nuking each other, so to say.

Cabdullahi
05-03-2011, 02:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Convince me that the posters will cease with personal attacks on each other. I would like nothing more than to restore it after about 30 posts are deleted. I agree it is a very valid topic and people do want to discuss it. but it is also highly emotional and seems to bring out personal insults and attacks
i wish i had a remote control to control people

marwen
05-03-2011, 02:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by
Put this thread under the control of a special board which requires every post to be moderated before it can be published. Something like what is done with some other boards already running in this forum. This way we can still have a discussion without nuking each other, so to say.
I liked this idea. But it could need too much effort in moderation or the thread will progress very very slowly. Maybe Admins have other reasons too.

Woodrow
05-03-2011, 02:24 PM
I just restored the thread and attempted to bring it back to a civil, on topic discussion by deleting numerous posts. Insha'Allah emotions will be kept in control,

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-03-2011, 02:26 PM
^Insha'Allaah.

GuestFellow
05-03-2011, 02:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Beardo

Also, how do you respond when people ask you? It's Palestine Awareness Week on campus, and we're getting a lot of questions about it. I just say it has nothing to do with our cause, but still, I wish I could give them some sort of answer. o.o
That is the best answer. Osama's death and the Palestine Awareness Week are two separate issues. Then again, if I was in your position, I might have said that I would have liked to see Osama Bin Laden put on trial for committing attacks against the US and the western embassies. You can also add that valuable intelligence could have been gathered from Osama if he had been captured.

i wish i had a remote control to control people
No need, the topic is restored.

SAKER
05-04-2011, 11:13 PM
i m not agree there are many topics more important to talk about rather than a man who...... but any way

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!