/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Seeing The Future

AishaRayann
05-03-2011, 03:48 PM
What if someone could see the future with only his mind..not only that but the past and the present and could heal..what would that person be? what if they lived in present time today? And the source of the info is unknown but always right. What Islam say about that? just curious

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Dagless
05-03-2011, 03:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AishaRayann
What if someone could see the future with only his mind..not only that but the past and the present and could heal..what would that person be?
Rich... very very rich.

Cabdullahi
05-03-2011, 03:54 PM
What if someone could see the future with only his mind..not only that but the past and the present and could heal..what would that person be? what if they lived in present time today? And the source of the info is unknown but always right. What Islam say about that? just curious
You could do anything in your mind...its all about how good your imagination is

i could fly and give knockout blows to giant monsters in my mind

al yunan
05-03-2011, 04:10 PM
Dear sister,
If some one has made these claims to you put on your running shoes and run as fast as you can away from them.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AishaRayann
05-03-2011, 04:39 PM
I wanted serious answers. Because I know someone close to me that can do all these..with just their mind..no card..no shells..just mind..they dont practice witchcraft..or anything like that..and it runs on both sides of their family atleast 4 generations back..and they are a muslim.

Dagless
05-03-2011, 04:41 PM
I wanted serious answers. Because I know someone close to me that can do all these..with just their mind..no card..no shells..just mind..they dont practice witchcraft..or anything like that..and it runs on both sides of their family atleast 4 generations back..and they are a muslim.
Can you ask her to get next weeks lotto numbers? I'll split it with her, right down the middle 60/40. Ok seriously if she can do this she should get tested independently - http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/1m-challenge.html

AishaRayann
05-03-2011, 04:45 PM
I want real responses..not arrogant comments like urs.

Dagless
05-03-2011, 04:48 PM
I want real responses..not arrogant comments like urs.
I wasn't being arrogant. Sometimes things which are well within the realms of chance are seen as extraordinary. I am only saying that you should confirm if this is chance alone or something more, otherwise you might be believing in or putting faith in something which is not necessarily true.
That's not arrogance because I'm saying I don't know. If it is true then great, if not then at least you'll know.

AishaRayann
05-03-2011, 04:51 PM
lets just say i know person well..they know of 9/11 3 years before it happened...tsnami in japan a week before...and osama a week before.. big events

Perseveranze
05-03-2011, 04:52 PM
Dear Sister,

Islam says that no one can see the future or the unseen except for Allah(swt). I just want to make that absolutly clear, and if you were to ever go to someone like that (a so called fortuneteller or whatever) then it would be a grave sin and your Prayers for the next 40 days would not be accepted.

I can confidently say, whatever may seem to you isn't to be, this person cannot see the future.

Dagless
05-03-2011, 04:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Perseveranze
Dear Sister,

Islam says that no one can see the future or the unseen except for Allah(swt). I just want to make that absolutly clear, and if you were to ever go to someone like that (a so called fortuneteller or whatever) then it would be a grave sin and your Prayers for the next 40 days would not be accepted.

I can confidently say, whatever may seem to you isn't to be, this person cannot see the future.
Don't extremely pious people sometimes get insight?

Cabdullahi
05-03-2011, 05:00 PM
lets just say i know person well..they know of 9/11 3 years before it happened...tsnami in japan a week before...and osama a week before.. big events
sorry to tell you my dear sister but osama didn't die when cnn said he died

al yunan
05-03-2011, 05:05 PM
Salam sister,
Considering previous threads and that you're new to Islam the best course of action would be to become strong in your beliefs and learn the basics (Fardhu ain) learn to read Quran and when you feel secure in Iman, you re ask this question. What is called E.S.P is akin to what is called in Islam Firasat. I would strongly recommend you to not involve yourself in matters that can jeopardize your future in Islam. A clearer explanation of the dangers involved would be harsh to one in your state.
Masalam

S.Belle
05-03-2011, 05:13 PM
I say jinns are supplying your friend with info when they go to the lowest heaven and easedrop...but dont take my word for it.

AishaRayann
05-03-2011, 05:14 PM
The person I know so well..is myself..im no foturneteller, i dont practice magik..when i close my eyes i see flashes of things.i have to put the pictures together..and focus on them....with the osama thing..i was outside with my mother..we were dicussing the colors we saw when we closed our eyes..i saw a map of new york...i say to my mom all i am seeing..then to ask me questions about the images...i say something big is going to happen...then i see a map of another country..she asked is it egypt..i said no..is it saudi arabia i said no..she say is it in the middle east..i say yes...then she ask what gonna happen i say try to assainate....she say who..a leader..i said yes..ect ect ect.

S.Belle
05-03-2011, 05:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by thequietone
sorry to tell you my dear sister but osama didn't die when cnn said he died
I see im not the only conspiracy theorist on IB

The person I know so well..is myself..im no foturneteller, i dont practice magik..when i close my eyes i see flashes of things.i have to put the pictures together..and focus on them....with the osama thing..i was outside with my mother..we were dicussing the colors we saw when we closed our eyes..i saw a map of new york...i say to my mom all i am seeing..then to ask me questions about the images...i say something big is going to happen...then i see a map of another country..she asked is it egypt..i said no..is it saudi arabia i said no..she say is it in the middle east..i say yes...then she ask what gonna happen i say try to assainate....she say who..a leader..i said yes..ect ect ect.
Just ask your imam

Cabdullahi
05-03-2011, 05:18 PM
what about 9/11 how did u predict that

AishaRayann
05-03-2011, 05:29 PM
I wrote a poem when i was like 11...I forgot about it until my brother brought it up from my fathers storage when i was 21...i dont have a copy of the poem..it may be in my adict upstairs...but a few lines go something like "rage feels the skies...topples the towers..and takes lives.." then it start talking about blood and smoke and burning..i didnt know what i was writing until years later

yas2010
05-03-2011, 05:34 PM
Dear Sister Salaam

Allah(swt) is the all knowing. You must also realise that the Prophet (Pbuh) who was dearly loved by Allah (swt) never professed to this kind of thing. Yet surely he was the best of mankind.

My humble observations.

JzK

Ramadhan
05-03-2011, 05:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Perseveranze
Islam says that no one can see the future or the unseen except for Allah(swt).
Djinns would go to the lowest heaven and listen/eavesdrop to the conversation between the angels who are disposing affairs as commanded by Allah. They were then chased away by ball of burning light. And after the djinns mix up the information with the lies of their own, they share them with 100 clairvoyants/fortune tellers etc.

There are also servants of Allah who are given blessings with information about the future, for example: khidr, as recounted in al Kahfi.

So there are people in this world who may have information about the future, either by stealing it through the djinn or by the will of Allah.

Ramadhan
05-03-2011, 05:46 PM
I wrote a poem when i was like 11...I forgot about it until my brother brought it up from my fathers storage when i was 21...i dont have a copy of the poem..it may be in my adict upstairs...but a few lines go something like "rage feels the skies...topples the towers..and takes lives.." then it start talking about blood and smoke and burning..i didnt know what i was writing until years later
I am sorry, but this is not a prediction of 9/11
Plenty of people had written/told stories, poetry etc that are even more accurate to 9/11, but unless they provide with contemporary facts related to 9/11, then they are not predictions.

If the other "predictions" about japanese tsunami are like this, then I'm afraid it's not "seeing the future"

Beware of the shaytan/devil's trap to make you believe that you or somebody else have the power to see the future because it will likely lead you to kufr, the greatest of all sins.

al yunan
05-03-2011, 05:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by S.Belle
I say jinns are supplying your friend with info when they go to the lowest heaven and easedrop...but dont take my word for it.
Assalamu alaikum sister,
Concidering all her posts, you are most likely right. It's sad but what can one do over the Net.
Inshallah through Sala and recital of the Quran Allah S.W.T will free her.
Do read her posts.
Masalam

Endymion
05-03-2011, 06:17 PM
Sorry for the double post,i cant delete it :(

Endymion
05-03-2011, 06:19 PM
Assalam Alekum Dearest sister Ayesha :)

I do not mean to hurt your friend neither questioning her faith,i believe what she is saying is right but Islam forbid us to make such claims.If she has some powers like that,she should keep them to her rather announce them as predictions.The answer of your question is here,a bit rude but i believe if you are in search of truth,you will follow the Sheikh's advice.

She predicts things that are almost true and they think that she has knowledge of the unseen - 45569

Q)There is a woman who claims to worship Allaah sincerely, and that whilst she is asleep she is visited by a man wearing a white gown who walks around her, then the next morning she predicts things that are almost true. The people know of her and they have started to visit her and they say that she has knowledge of the unseen, but no one knows the unseen except Allaah. What is the ruling on this woman? What do you advise us to do?.

A)Praise be to Allaah.

It is not permissible for anyone to claim to have knowledge of the unseen. The one who makes such a claim is a kaafir. And it is not permissible to believe that anyone has knowledge of the unseen. The one who believes that is also a kaafir.

Allaah has told us that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) does not have knowledge of the unseen, and that the jinn do not have knowledge of the unseen.

What we are referring to here is the unseen in absolute terms, which no one knows except Allaah. As for the relative unseen – which some people know and others do not – some people may find a way to know this, so we have to find out how they know it; some may find out by spying and some may find out through the jinn. Both are ways which it is forbidden for us to use.

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked:

Do the jinn have knowledge of the unseen?

He replied:

The jinn do not have knowledge of the unseen because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Say: None in the heavens and the earth knows the Ghaib (Unseen) except Allaah”

[al-Naml 27:65]

“Then when We decreed death for him [Sulaymaan (Solomon)], nothing informed them (jinn) of his death except a little worm of the earth which kept (slowly) gnawing away at his stick. So when he fell down, the jinn saw clearly that if they had known the Unseen, they would not have stayed in the humiliating torment”

[Saba’ 34:14]

So whoever claims to have knowledge of the unseen is a kaafir, and whoever believes the one who claims to have knowledge of the unseen is also a kaafir, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

No one knows what is unseen in the heavens and the earth except Allaah alone. Those who claim to have knowledge of the unseen future are all fortunetellers, and it is proven that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever goes to a fortuneteller and asks him (about anything), his prayer will not be accepted from him for forty days.” And if he believes him then he is a kaafir because if he believes that he has knowledge of the unseen, then he has disbelieved in the words of Allaah (interpretation of the meaning):

[al-Naml 27:65].

Majmoo’ Fataawa al-Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, 1 Shawwaal, no. 115.

And Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked about the ruling on one who claims to have knowledge of the unseen. He replied:

The ruling on one who claims to have knowledge of the unseen is that he is a kaafir, because he has disbelieved in Allaah. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Say: None in the heavens and the earth knows the Ghaib (Unseen) except Allaah, nor can they perceive when they shall be resurrected”

If Allaah has commanded His Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) to proclaim to all that no one in the heavens or on earth has knowledge of the unseen except Allaah, then whoever claims to have knowledge of the unseen has denied what Allaah has told us here.

We say to them: How can you possibly have knowledge of the unseen when the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did not have knowledge of the unseen? Are you better or the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)? If they say, “We are better than the Messenger” then they become kaafirs by saying that. If they say, “He is better,” then why was the unseen concealed from him but you have knowledge of it?? Allaah says of Himself (interpretation of the meaning):

“(He Alone is) the All‑Knower of the Ghayb (Unseen), and He reveals to none His Ghayb (Unseen).

27. Except to a Messenger (from mankind) whom He has chosen (He informs him of the Unseen as much as He likes), and then He makes a band of watching guards (angels) to march before him and behind him.”

[al-Jinn 72:26]

The second verse attests to the kufr of the one who claims to have knowledge of the unseen. And Allaah commanded His Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) to announce to all (interpretation of the meaning):

“Say (O Muhammad): I don’t tell you that with me are the treasures of Allaah, nor (that) I know the Unseen; nor I tell you that I am an angel. I but follow what is revealed to me”

[al-An’aam 6:50]

Majmoo’ Fataawa al-Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, 1 Shawwaal, no. 22.

The one who predicts the future is called a kaahin (fortuneteller, soothsayer), and it is not permissible to ask questions of such a person or to go to him or her. If their predictions are sometimes correct, that is either a coincidence or because the jinn have intercepted the news and conveyed it to the fortuneteller, but they add a hundred lies to it.

It was narrated that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: Some people asked the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) about fortunetellers. He said: “They are nothing.” They said: “O Messenger of Allaah, sometimes they tell us something and it is true.” The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “That is a word of the truth that they learn from the jinni which he whispers into the ear of his familiar, but they mix a hundred lies with it.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5429; Muslim, 2228.

Al-Haafiz ibn Hajar said:

Al-Qurtubi said: During the Jaahiliyyah they used to consult the fortunetellers about events and rulings, and follow what they said. Then the fortunetellers stopped when the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was sent. But there are still some who resemble them. It is forbidden to go to them, so it is not permissible to go to them or to believe them.

In the version narrated by Yoonus the phrase “sometimes they tell us something and it is true” appears as “they tell something and it turns out to be true.” This phrase has confused the questioner because of the general meaning of the phrase “They are nothing”, which he has understood to mean that they never get anything right. But the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) commented that although they sometimes coincidentally get things right, it is never completely right for it is always contaminated with many lies.

Al-Khattaabi said: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) explained that the reason why the fortuneteller sometimes gets it right is that the jinni tells him of something that he has heard by eavesdropping on the angels, and he adds lies to that to embellish what he heard. So occasionally he gets it right but usually it is wrong. Fath al-Baari, 10.219, 220.

With regard to what is mentioned in the question of what this woman sees in her dreams, such dreams are not to be taken as evidence concerning rulings of sharee’ah, let alone whatever they may indicate that goes against any matter of ‘aqeedah (belief) that is confirmed in the texts of Islam. Whatever she sees in her dreams is to be regarded as the Shaytaan’s toying with her and taking advantage of her ignorance.

For more information on the rulings on what is seen in dreams, please see questions no. 25768, 6537 and 23367.

And Allaah knows best.
Islam Q&A

AishaRayann
05-03-2011, 10:22 PM
Thanks for the information..must be the jinn whispers...

Dagless
05-03-2011, 10:50 PM
Maybe write down all the current predictions with times and that way everyone can see if they come true.
You also didn't really tell us anything about the healing stuff.

in jihad
05-04-2011, 12:57 AM
Assalam alaikum.

Better to be safe than sorry : american saying.

Even if it true you can see things of future don't let that make you believe you R special or Allah give you super powers. if you think like this then that is evil thinking. That kind of thinking gonna create all kinda problems for u too like if u get carried away and start believing u R great and people begin to admire you & come to u for help thinking you can help them. But this is evil becoz the best to help is Allah. If people come to u, then u be like god. See how evil that is?

Woodrow
05-04-2011, 02:50 AM
In nearly all , not all I am saying-nearly all, cases of apparent supernatural abilities there is a physical, logical explanation.

The apparent ability to predict future events is sometimes the result of a person being exceptionally sensitive to seeing patterns and relationships. Many events are the result of previous happenings. If one is aware of these happenings and can connect them, they can often anticipate the results that will occur from these events. While it may seem to be the ability to predicate the future and in a broad definition of predicting, it is the ability to predict the future. But it is not related to any strange metaphysical power, it is having the gift of being able to discern patterns and see the likelihood of what they are leading up to. It is a gift that can be used in a good sense, but it is not actual ability to predict the future.

Aprender
05-04-2011, 03:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
There are also servants of Allah who are given blessings with information about the future, for example: khidr, as recounted in al Kahfi.
Interesting. In some sects of Christianity, there are people like this. Except they are revered as prophets. The people come to them to ask them what's going to happen and they'll say "God told me..." etc. Then of course people self proclaim to be prophets because they can see the future and they know everything etc. They're not always right either. I am cautious of it and I was glad that in Islam that these type of practices weren't exactly held in such high esteem. I didn't think anything like that happened in Islam though but I see according to your comment there is an element of it, maybe just not as extreme...hmm.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!