/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What is vain talk?

Flame of Hope
05-03-2011, 08:14 PM
:sl:

What is vain talk?

What are the consequences of indulging in vain talk?

How do we determine which talk is vain and which is not?

How do we avoid indulging in it?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ansariyah
05-03-2011, 09:47 PM
On the authority of Al-Numan bin Basheer, who said : I heared the messenger of Allah say :

"That which is lawful is plain and that which is unlawful is plain and between the two of them are doubtful matters about which not many people know. Thus he who avoids doubtful matters clears himself in regard to his religion and his honor, but he who falls into doubtful matters falls into that which is unlawful, like the shepherd who pastures around a sanctuary, all but grazing therein. Truly every king has a sanctuary, and truly Allah's sanctuary is His prohibitions. Truly in the body there is a morsel of flesh which, if it be whole, all the body is whole and which, if it be diseased, all of it is diseased. Truly it is the heart."

narrated by Bukhari and Muslim

Flame of Hope
05-03-2011, 10:03 PM
Abdullah Ibn al-Mubarak said: “Hamdun Ibn Ahmed was asked: ‘Why was the speech of the Salaf better than ours?’

He said: ‘They talked for the honour of Islam, for the safety of souls and the pleasure of Allah whereas we talk for the honour of the souls, to seek the pleasure of the world and to please people.'

al yunan
05-03-2011, 10:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Flame
:sl:

What is vain talk?

Walaikum Salam sister Flame,
1. Vain talk is like chit chat no specific topic just passing the time; the wrong doing here is time wasting.
2. Indulging in vain talk can also lead to gossip and backbiting; both more serious wrong doings.
3. If the conversation has no value as to teach, inform or productive results.
4. To avoid it talk about beneficial things and if company permits of Allah S.W.T for He says "if you mention my name in company I will mention your name in a better one"
I hope this helps you,
Masalam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
05-03-2011, 11:10 PM
What is vain talk? that which is self centered, egotistical and serves to increase our vanity

What are the consequences of indulging in vain talk? Becoming self centered, self righteous and egotistical.

How do we determine which talk is vain and which is not? Finding one's self in deep need of recognition. Having a feeling of superiority, looking down on other people.

How do we avoid indulging in it? Give credit to Allaah(swt) for all good you do and accept personal blame for all wrongs you do.

in jihad
05-04-2011, 12:48 AM
Assalam alaikum.

What is vain talk?
Vain talk is talk about stuff that ain't any of ur business. Part of man's iman is to stay away from stuff which ain't of concern to him.

Such as talk about others affairs, what someone do or not do, poking nose into stuff what ain't gonna help him one bit in the akhirah.

In one thread I answer that if the angel of death come to me and say I got one more day to live what I do? Well this is what gonna happen one day whether I like it or not. So if this is true that death come any time, we must always be ready for death. If somebody want to be ready for death he ain't gonna be doing vain talk or talking about nobody. He be more concern about he self.

Making Allah angry because it waste time.

If the talk make you profit in akhirah and give benefit then that is good if not then that is vain talk.

Think you may not live this evening and if you live in evening think you gonna die morning. Be ready for death. That cure you big time.

in jihad
05-04-2011, 01:17 AM
One more thing is vain talk. Speculation. Talk about what gonna happen in future. This can happen that can happen kind of thing. Also talk about past and why this happen and that happen. Talk about if I done this then that wud not have happen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!