/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Quick Q on wudu

anonymous
05-04-2011, 12:47 PM
Assalaamu Alaykum,

I read that you have to remove eye crust before doing wudu, as much as is possible without causing irritation, and then your wudu will be valid. Now my difficulty is this:

I also read that water from the eye due to pain will break wudu. Therefore, when I'm trying to remove the eye crust, sometimes even after my first try to remove it, my eyes start twitching and I can feel them water. Though this water does not flow down my face, it probably just goes to the middle of my eyes, near the nose. What should I do to prevent this twitching and slight watering? Is my wudu still valid when this happens? How do I know when to stop trying to remove stuff?

Also, I end up trying to remove eye crust for every single wudu, because I feel as though some debris/dust/whatever is there and won't be washed off unless I try to remove it before starting wudu. Am I doing this too much, and everytime I do it my eye's start twitching and slightly watering. Maybe I'm digging in too deep, I actually put my fingertip into the inner lining and then sweep it out, should I just remove it from the edge, where the skin is? Perhaps when I stick my fingers into the inner lining( it must be the conjunctiva), then I start twitching/slight watering.

JazakAllah

Lol I made this slightly longer than I thought I would

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ramadhan
05-04-2011, 03:44 PM
:wa:

format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
I also read that water from the eye due to pain will break wudu.
tears do not break wudoo.

Also, I end up trying to remove eye crust for every single wudu, because I feel as though some debris/dust/whatever is there and won't be washed off unless I try to remove it before starting wudu.
You are doing too much. I havent read any hadith that states you need to cleanse perfectly your eyes and remove any impurities.

It sounds all just was was to me.

Remember that tayyamum is even sufficient when theres no water.

Ramadhan
05-04-2011, 05:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zÂk
Water coming out due to pain/illness is not tears and according to scholars, is impure and breaks wudhu.

Sorry, I thought it was tears.
but anyway, as I understand it, according to shafii scholars (and Maliki if Im not mistaken), liquid from eyes (non-tears) does not invalidate wudoo, although hanafi and hanbali scholars differ.

To the OP, my advice is to cleanse the eye area lightly, because what you are doing now is you perform extra action which may not even be sunnah but you may break/invalidate your wudoo because of that.

anonymous
05-12-2011, 06:56 PM
JazakAllah for your replies.... But bumppp.....does anyone else know what I should do? I Keep rubbing my eyes to remove any sort of matter before I begin every wudu, and I'm developing a forehead wrinkle on one side because I have to keep raising my eyebrows on one side to allow room to remove the matter!

What should I do?

JazakAllah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hamza Asadullah
05-12-2011, 10:35 PM
JazakAllah for your replies.... But bumppp.....does anyone else know what I should do? I Keep rubbing my eyes to remove any sort of matter before I begin every wudu, and I'm developing a forehead wrinkle on one side because I have to keep raising my eyebrows on one side to allow room to remove the matter!

What should I do?

JazakAllah
Asalaamu Alaikum. You are going to extreme here with regards to removing the matter from your eyes. You do not need to go overboard with doing so as it seems you may suffer from waswas hence why you are doing it so rigorously needlesly. By washing your face the water cleans out any matter from your eyes so that should suffice.

Consider the following by Sheikh Mufti Ebrahim Desai:

It is only necessary to wash the external part of the face during Wudhu. The eye is considered as the internal part of the face, it is not necessary to put water in the eyes during Wudhu.

Source:http://www.islam.tc/cgi-bin/askimam/...=7934&act=view

This clearly shows that you do not need to be so rigorous in removing any natural matter in your eyes as just removing what is visible with your hands and then washing your face in wudu will remove whatever comes out. You do not need to get everything out physically as wudu is ONLY concerned with our external skin and not internal like our eyes. So you can stop this needless practise now as it will only cause you harm than any good.

And Allah knows best in all matters

anonymous
05-13-2011, 09:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza81
Asalaamu Alaikum. You are going to extreme here with regards to removing the matter from your eyes. You do not need to go overboard with doing so as it seems you may suffer from waswas hence why you are doing it so rigorously needlesly. By washing your face the water cleans out any matter from your eyes so that should suffice.

It is only necessary to wash the external part of the face during Wudhu. The eye is considered as the internal part of the face, it is not necessary to put water in the eyes during Wudhu.

This clearly shows that you do not need to be so rigorous in removing any natural matter in your eyes as just removing what is visible with your hands and then washing your face in wudu will remove whatever comes out. You do not need to get everything out physically as wudu is ONLY concerned with our external skin and not internal like our eyes. So you can stop this needless practise now as it will only cause you harm than any good.

Jazak Allah for your reply, so may I just ask for clarification:

How should I be dealing with my eyes? Should I be removing any stuff with my fingers before I begin my wudu, or are you saying that by washing your face with water during wudu, your external face and skin( around eyes etc) is washed?

"This clearly shows that you do not need to be so rigorous in removing any natural matter in your eyes as just removing what is visible with your hands and then washing your face in wudu will remove whatever comes out.You do not need to get everything out physically as wudu is ONLY concerned with our external skin and not internal like our eyes"

Was wanting clarification on the above statement specifically.

JazakAllah for your help br.

anonymous
05-13-2011, 11:26 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum. You are going to extreme here with regards to removing the matter from your eyes. You do not need to go overboard with doing so as it seems you may suffer from waswnas hence why you are doing it so rigorously needlesly. By washing your face the water cleans out any matter from your eyes so that should suffice.

Assalaamu Alaykum again, also i have another problem. Whenever i pray some rakaats of a namaz, i have to repeat them several times on most occasions. This is because i feel ive made a deliberate mistake either in recitation, tajweed or that i missed something out etc due to lack of concentration. I read from a site that these things would break a pillar of namaaz and therefore the namaaz will have to be repeated. This is why i keep repeating the rakaats, i get worried my namaaz will not be accepted ever since reading this. It takes me sometimes about half an hour to fifty minutes just to pray say 11- 15 rakaats, including a few qaza's. It's really worrying me and depressing me, i used to be able to pray with peace and now my brain is constantly on edge to make sure i don't miss anything. Therefore, this isn't allowing me to concentrate properly and i'm not getting peace or relaxation out of namaaz. Instead, i get so anxious everytime i pray. Please help me what should i do, will my salaahs be accepted? I don't want struggle any more and spend too long to pray. My heart is so rarely at ease because of this and my difficulties mentioned in the other posts.

abdussattar
05-14-2011, 01:20 AM
How should I be dealing with my eyes? Should I be removing any stuff with my fingers before I begin my wudu, or are you saying that by washing your face with water during wudu, your external face and skin( around eyes etc) is washed?
Eyes need not be washed. Isnt it common that everyone closes their eyes when washing the face? the water need not necessarily reach the eyes.So no need to remove any stuff from your eyes.

Regarding your second question,
Never THINK that you have missed something. It is a waswasa from shaitaan.
It's really worrying me and depressing me, i used to be able to pray with peace and now my brain is constantly on edge
THAT is was shaitann wants. Try reading Tau'uz several times before starting prayers. Ignore any thing which makes you feel in doubt with your salah.

Hamza Asadullah
05-14-2011, 02:36 AM
Jazak Allah for your reply, so may I just ask for clarification:

"This clearly shows that you do not need to be so rigorous in removing any natural matter in your eyes as just removing what is visible with your hands and then washing your face in wudu will remove whatever comes out.You do not need to get everything out physically as wudu is ONLY concerned with our external skin and not internal like our eyes"

Was wanting clarification on the above statement specifically.

JazakAllah for your help br.
Asalaamu Alaikum, as i have mentioned in my last post by washing your face in wudu is enough to remove any natural matter and there is NO need to do any more than that. That means you do not need to take anything out of your eyes. Leave them as they are. You should also NOT repeat your ghusl, wudu or Salaah but just do them and then forget about them.

All of this compulsive behaviour is due to a lack of knowledge which is why shaythan is trying to take advantage of you so therefore you should ignore ALL doubts that you have after performing wudu, ghusl or Salaah as they come from Shaytaan. Try and concentrate on your Salaat to the best of your ability and don't let Shaytaan get the upper hand over you.

Waswas can become a very serious issue and it may take away the pleasure in worship and instead replace it with constant worry whether a person did Wudu or Salaah properly. It can become a very serious issue as a person will feel overwhelmed by paranoia with regards to theri worship and will always feel a sense of inadequacy.

In worship terms Waswas means always have doubts about ones worship and not be sure of anything relating to worship as there is always a doubt there and this serious disease and illness is caused by shaythan.

What are some of the symptoms of waswas?

-You pray and then be not sure if you did.

- You waste too much water and long time in wudu and ghusl.

- You pray more than the number of rakats and do the sahu sujud every time. Even you pray more than once.

- you are not sure if your clothes are clean and every moment change your clothes.

- You follow the tiny things that are not even seen by eyes to clean them and remove them.

- You worry too much and feel your worship is not complete.

- You ask strange questions that people feel amazed about and show strange behavior for example: someone walks with shoes on the carpet until the spot where she prays just because she is not sure if the land is clean.

- You spend a very long time in the bathroom, just washing.

- You are not sure of any worship you did is complete.

And many other strange things that can tell you are suffering form waswas.

Waswas can become a serious problem especially if a person suffers from it constantly. Shaythan keeps putting doubts in ones mind and keeps telling the person that their prayer or wudu ghusl etc are not valid and that you have missed something out or not done it proprly and so you should do it again.

Your clothes are not clean, wash them again and so on. The person keeps falling for this and by this time shaythan knows that this has become the persons weakness so shaythan is able to attack the person in many different angles.

Eventually shaythan will go onto more serious matters of faith until he tries to convince a person that "Are you sure Allah exists"? Or shaythan tries to cast doubts in the mind of a person by convincing them that they had shirk thoughts and so they must do the shahada again because they have now become a kaafir and are out of the fold of Islam.

Here are some real stories of people having waswas problem:

A woman said: For 16 years, I everyday have shower and take shahada because I suddenly feel I am not sure, I am Muslim.

A guy said: For years I pray and think I did not until I stopped praying at all.

A woman said: I used to pray the prayer and keep repeating it until the next prayer.

The best way's to resolve Extreme cases of waswas are:

1. Waswas can occur with pretty much any practising Muslim particularly if they do not have sufficient knowledge of Islam and matters pertaining to fiqhi rulings.

They care so much about wanting to worship right and please Allah and get so worried whether their deed has been accepted or not by Allah but the fact is they just do not know enough about Islam especially fiqhi matters.

So it is VERY important to learn about Fiqh and various other aspects of Islam. Knowledge is key to eradicating this problem from your life!

Join some fiqh classes face to face or online. Learn about other important aspects of Islam to. keep learning, learning and learning and you watch how these evil thoughts dissapear inshallah.

2. JUST IGNORE shaythans whispers. He will keep telling you your worship is incorrect or you have missed out something in your salaah then you must NOT repeat the Salaah again.

When you have done Wudu and something tells you that you have missed out something or have not done it properly then IGNORE those whispers.

If shaythan tells you to do ghusl again because you never did it properly then IGNORE and NEVER obey these evil and deceptive whispers!

If shaythan tries to tell you that you have attributed partners with Allah and that you have done shirk then IGNORE IT. He wants you to lose your faith and think that you have committed blasphemy when you have not done anything of the sort. if the mind wanders sometimes then that is fine all of our minds wander.

Sayyiduna Abu Haraira (Allah be pleased with him) narrates that once a group of people came to the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) and asked: “We experience such evil thoughts that it is impossible to bring them on our lips”. The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: “Do you really experience these thoughts? Yes, they replied. The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: “They are clear signs of faith”. (Sahih Muslim).

So these are signs of faith and ultimately, we are not held to account for these thoughts. However, we will be held to account if we act on these thoughts.

Shaythan will then try to make you think that you did act on these feelings when all you did was involuntarily wandered about them in your mind. Even if they did linger in your mind it does not mean you acted on it. Almost all of us have random thoughts and absurdities going on in our minds all of the time it does not mean we necesserily believe what we thought of.

Do NOT ever give in to these thoughts for shaythan is just trying to be clever but knowledge will give on the upper hand!

Whenever you get these whispers then just think: IT IS SHAYTHAN TRYING TO DECIEVE ME AND PUT ME OFF MY WORSHIP!

3. Once you have completed Wudu then move on and ignore whatever shaythan tells you regardless of how serious it sounds. You have completed it and there is no need to think of it anymore. Once you have completed your Salaah then move on and continue with the next one or get on with whatever you are doing with your day or evening. Do not think about it and ignore any thoughts associated with the worship you have just done.

Whatever you have completed is done and is over and there is NOTHING more you can do about it so do not think back that you could have done this or that or whether you need to repeat it etc. These doubts will not affect the prayer or wudu etc which you have completed so disregard and reject the whispers that tell you otherwise.

These are all tricks of shaythan and you need to realise what his angles are. You need to play him at his own game and that way you will have the upper hand everytime!

Just think of what you need to do to please Allah and do not be extreme in religion.

4. Who decides whether your worship will be complete or not? Shaythan or Allah? So by listening to the whispers of shaythan then you are simply obeying Shaythan over Allah! Therefore we must ignore his evil whispers and realise that ONLY Allah can accept our deeds so we should obey Allah and ignore these waswas.

5. If you get waswas then recite the following:

A'udhu billaahi minashaythanirajeem

and

La Hawla Wala Quwatha Illah billahil aliyyil Adheem

Also recite the four Quls Morning and evening and Ayatul Kursi Morning, before going to sleep and after every prayer.

If shaythan whispers to you in prayer then look lft and spittle and recite A'udhu billaahi minashaythanirajeem

thank Allah, wholeheartedly, for enabling you to overcome your desires and shaytan [saying, Alhamdulillah (‘All praise is due to Allah’)]; this makes Shaytan despair, and strengthens one’s resolve.

The following verse of Surah al-mu’minun may also be beneficial:

“Rabbi inni a’uzu bika min hamazat ashayatin wa a’uzu bika rabbi an yahdurun”

Trans: O my Lord! I seek your protection from the instigations of devils and I also seek your protection from that they (ever) come to me.

6. Why disobey Allah and listen to shaythans whispers? By constantly repeating wudu, salaah and wasting so much time then we are going against Allah and instead listening to shaythans evil whispers. The fact is Allah wants you to reject the waswas but shaythan wants you to accept them, then who will you listen to? The choice is yours...

A desert Arab came to Allah's Apostle

and asked him about ablution. He demonstrated (washing each part of his body) thrice, and then said: That is (the method) of the ablution. And he who does more than this has done wrong, transgressed the limit and has oppressed (himself). (Tirmidhi #417 , Nasa'i, Ibn Majah, and Abu Dawud)

This hadith proves that one does NOT need to keep repeating the wudu over and over for no reason just because shaythan is telling us to repeat it. We would then transgress and oppress ourselves by doing so! Sameway one does not have to repeat the ghusl or prayers again and again for no reason just because shaythan tells us to. We are praying for Allah so shaythan has NO say in it and NEVER has!

7. It is unlikely that you will not be able to conquer waswas overnight. Shaythan will not give up so easily for he will try and make you feel like you just don't care anymore about your worship or shirk etc but again this is just one of his many tactics that he uses to try and put off Allah's worshippers and so know that you know the different angels then you are now more equiped to fight these evil whispers.

There are many more different angles that the shaythan will use but they will all be similar in nature, so if you follow these tips then eventually you will be able to eradicate this disease out of your life FOREVER! and start to enjoy your worship of Allah again Inshallah.

So countract all of these negative thoughts that you get after worship with positive thoughts and realise that ONLY Allah can accept your deeds and knows what is in your heart not Shaythan for he is just a deciever!

Allah Most High has promised,

“As for those who strive in Us, We surely guide them to Our paths, and lo! Allah is with the good.” [Qur’an, 29.69]

So consider this post and contemplate over it and make the necessery changes now in your life because you CANNOT keep listening to shaythan and let him take over your worship. Once you have done your worship THATS IT you move on and make the best of NOW and you do NOT look back to what you have already done.

REMEMBER: It is ONLY upto Allah whether he accepts your worship and NOT for shaythan to say anything on the matter so you must NEVER listen to him again regarding ANY of your worship. If he tries to make you doubt any matter then you IGNORE it and think that ONLY Allah knows best about my worship and NO ONE ELSE!

It is time now for you to conquer the evil whisperings of shaythan but remember they are ONLY whisperings for YOU have control over your life NOT shaythan. So you now have the tools to eradicate this disease from your life.

anonymous
05-14-2011, 09:19 AM
Asalaamu Alaikum, as i have mentioned in my last post by washing your face in wudu is enough to remove any natural matter and there is NO need to do any more than that. That means you do not need to take anything out of your eyes. Leave them as they are. You should also NOT repeat your ghusl, wudu or Salaah but just do them and then forget about them.

All of this compulsive behaviour is due to a lack of knowledge which is why shaythan is trying to take advantage of you so therefore you should ignore ALL doubts that you have after performing wudu, ghusl or Salaah as they come from Shaytaan. Try and concentrate on your Salaat to the best of your ability and don't let Shaytaan get the upper hand over you.

Waswas can become a very serious issue and it may take away the pleasure in worship and instead replace it with constant worry whether a person did Wudu or Salaah properly. It can become a very serious issue as a person will feel overwhelmed by paranoia with regards to theri worship and will always feel a sense of inadequacy.

In worship terms Waswas means always have doubts about ones worship and not be sure of anything relating to worship as there is always a doubt there and this serious disease and illness is caused by shaythan.

- You pray more than the number of rakats and do the sahu sujud every time. Even you pray more than once.

- you are not sure if your clothes are clean and every moment change your clothes.

- You follow the tiny things that are not even seen by eyes to clean them and remove them.

- You ask strange questions that people feel amazed about and show strange behavior for example: someone walks with shoes on the carpet until the spot where she prays just because she is not sure if the land is clean.

Waswas can become a serious problem especially if a person suffers from it constantly. Shaythan keeps putting doubts in ones mind and keeps telling the person that their prayer or wudu ghusl etc are not valid and that you have missed something out or not done it proprly and so you should do it again.

Your clothes are not clean, wash them again and so on. The person keeps falling for this and by this time shaythan knows that this has become the persons weakness so shaythan is able to attack the person in many different angles.

Eventually shaythan will go onto more serious matters of faith until he tries to convince a person that "Are you sure Allah exists"? Or shaythan tries to cast doubts in the mind of a person by convincing them that they had shirk thoughts and so they must do the shahada again because they have now become a kaafir and are out of the fold of Islam.

A woman said: For 16 years, I everyday have shower and take shahada because I suddenly feel I am not sure, I am Muslim.

A guy said: For years I pray and think I did not until I stopped praying at all.

A woman said: I used to pray the prayer and keep repeating it until the next prayer.

1. Waswas can occur with pretty much any practising Muslim particularly if they do not have sufficient knowledge of Islam and matters pertaining to fiqhi rulings.

They care so much about wanting to worship right and please Allah and get so worried whether their deed has been accepted or not by Allah but the fact is they just do not know enough about Islam especially fiqhi matters.

So it is VERY important to learn about Fiqh and various other aspects of Islam. Knowledge is key to eradicating this problem from your life!

Join some fiqh classes face to face or online. Learn about other important aspects of Islam to. keep learning, learning and learning and you watch how these evil thoughts dissapear inshallah.

2. JUST IGNORE shaythans whispers. He will keep telling you your worship is incorrect or you have missed out something in your salaah then you must NOT repeat the Salaah again.

When you have done Wudu and something tells you that you have missed out something or have not done it properly then IGNORE those whispers.

If shaythan tells you to do ghusl again because you never did it properly then IGNORE and NEVER obey these evil and deceptive whispers!

If shaythan tries to tell you that you have attributed partners with Allah and that you have done shirk then IGNORE IT. He wants you to lose your faith and think that you have committed blasphemy when you have not done anything of the sort. if the mind wanders sometimes then that is fine all of our minds wander.

Sayyiduna Abu Haraira (Allah be pleased with him) narrates that once a group of people came to the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) and asked: “We experience such evil thoughts that it is impossible to bring them on our lips”. The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: “Do you really experience these thoughts? Yes, they replied. The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: “They are clear signs of faith”. (Sahih Muslim).

So these are signs of faith and ultimately, we are not held to account for these thoughts. However, we will be held to account if we act on these thoughts.

Shaythan will then try to make you think that you did act on these feelings when all you did was involuntarily wandered about them in your mind. Even if they did linger in your mind it does not mean you acted on it. Almost all of us have random thoughts and absurdities going on in our minds all of the time it does not mean we necesserily believe what we thought of.

Do NOT ever give in to these thoughts for shaythan is just trying to be clever but knowledge will give on the upper hand!

Whenever you get these whispers then just think: IT IS SHAYTHAN TRYING TO DECIEVE ME AND PUT ME OFF MY WORSHIP!

3. Once you have completed Wudu then move on and ignore whatever shaythan tells you regardless of how serious it sounds. You have completed it and there is no need to think of it anymore. Once you have completed your Salaah then move on and continue with the next one or get on with whatever you are doing with your day or evening. Do not think about it and ignore any thoughts associated with the worship you have just done.

Whatever you have completed is done and is over and there is NOTHING more you can do about it so do not think back that you could have done this or that or whether you need to repeat it etc. These doubts will not affect the prayer or wudu etc which you have completed so disregard and reject the whispers that tell you otherwise.

These are all tricks of shaythan and you need to realise what his angles are. You need to play him at his own game and that way you will have the upper hand everytime!

Just think of what you need to do to please Allah and do not be extreme in religion.

4. Who decides whether your worship will be complete or not? Shaythan or Allah? So by listening to the whispers of shaythan then you are simply obeying Shaythan over Allah! Therefore we must ignore his evil whispers and realise that ONLY Allah can accept our deeds so we should obey Allah and ignore these waswas.

and

Also recite the four Quls Morning and evening and Ayatul Kursi Morning, before going to sleep and after every prayer.

If shaythan whispers to you in prayer then look lft and spittle and recite A'udhu billaahi minashaythanirajeem

thank Allah, wholeheartedly, for enabling you to overcome your desires and shaytan [saying, Alhamdulillah (‘All praise is due to Allah’)]; this makes Shaytan despair, and strengthens one’s resolve.

Trans: O my Lord! I seek your protection from the instigations of devils and I also seek your protection from that they (ever) come to me.

6. Why disobey Allah and listen to shaythans whispers? By constantly repeating wudu, salaah and wasting so much time then we are going against Allah and instead listening to shaythans evil whispers. The fact is Allah wants you to reject the waswas but shaythan wants you to accept them, then who will you listen to? The choice is yours...

and asked him about ablution. He demonstrated (washing each part of his body) thrice, and then said: That is (the method) of the ablution. And he who does more than this has done wrong, transgressed the limit and has oppressed (himself). (Tirmidhi #417 , Nasa'i, Ibn Majah, and Abu Dawud)

This hadith proves that one does NOT need to keep repeating the wudu over and over for no reason just because shaythan is telling us to repeat it. We would then transgress and oppress ourselves by doing so! Sameway one does not have to repeat the ghusl or prayers again and again for no reason just because shaythan tells us to. We are praying for Allah so shaythan has NO say in it and NEVER has!

7. It is unlikely that you will not be able to conquer waswas overnight. Shaythan will not give up so easily for he will try and make you feel like you just don't care anymore about your worship or shirk etc but again this is just one of his many tactics that he uses to try and put off Allah's worshippers and so know that you know the different angels then you are now more equiped to fight these evil whispers.

There are many more different angles that the shaythan will use but they will all be similar in nature, so if you follow these tips then eventually you will be able to eradicate this disease out of your life FOREVER! and start to enjoy your worship of Allah again Inshallah.

So countract all of these negative thoughts that you get after worship with positive thoughts and realise that ONLY Allah can accept your deeds and knows what is in your heart not Shaythan for he is just a deciever!

“As for those who strive in Us, We surely guide them to Our paths, and lo! Allah is with the good.” [Qur’an, 29.69]

So consider this post and contemplate over it and make the necessery changes now in your life because you CANNOT keep listening to shaythan and let him take over your worship. Once you have done your worship THATS IT you move on and make the best of NOW and you do NOT look back to what you have already done.

REMEMBER: It is ONLY upto Allah whether he accepts your worship and NOT for shaythan to say anything on the matter so you must NEVER listen to him again regarding ANY of your worship. If he tries to make you doubt any matter then you IGNORE it and think that ONLY Allah knows best about my worship and NO ONE ELSE!

It is time now for you to conquer the evil whisperings of shaythan but remember they are ONLY whisperings for YOU have control over your life NOT shaythan. So you now have the tools to eradicate this disease from your life.

JazakAllah for your reply, so I would really appreciate if you could answer some more of my worries:

1) An example of a typical sort of situation was when I was praying my Maghrib qaza namaaz yesterday. I was praying fine up to my last tashahdud and durood shareef, and then I prayed it slightly faster than I normally would. Normally I pray slowly, to try to get all my words properly pronounced. So because I done this, I was saying to myself have I dont this wrong or not, and I proceeded to finishing the namaaz and tryed to eliminate these thoughts. Then after the namaaz they struck me again and I'm still feeling doubtful as to whether my namaaz would be accepted or not?

Also, recently I have been praying very slowly and I pray slowly compared to other people. This is because I feel that if I pray a bit faster, I feel my namaaz would not be accepted. But then if this is the case, then for all those people who are praying faster than me and pronounce words faster in namaaz, does this mean their salaahs are not counted? I don't think so, what should I do with myself how can I get back to not worrying about what my namaaz is like? Honestly everytime I aim for perfection or near to perfection, as I feel anything I do in regards to worship ( wudu, namaaz, ghusl etc) will not be accepted otherwise.

2) Do you think when other people pray their namaz in mosques etc when you see them, if they pray faster than me, does this mean their namaz will not be accepted? How can I get myself to just pray everything once and not worry about whether I done it good enough or not. I've read your post, but it's really hard for me to not worry. Ohhhh what should I do??? I have a clear niyyah in everything I do, is that enough??

JazakAllah, for your help. Sorry if this is a long winded post, I appreciate your time and effort

Wasalaam

anonymous
05-14-2011, 09:29 AM

and

Sorry I had one more question but I cannot edit my last post to add it, or I can't find the button for it.

Basically, I have my exams coming up soon and they are important. Yet I haven't been able to concentrate fully during revision because I feel I'm a sinner and for every sin that I commit( either deliberately or accidentally), I feel something bad will happen to me on the exam day because of it. It's making me worried, I want to be able to focus 100% on my work, yet this constant feeling of me being a sinner, is preventing me from focusing my attention. I know that everyone is a sinner and I know people a lot worse than me, and obviously it seems like they're not getting these sorts of worries. It seems like the more I try to look out for and avoid sins, the more I end up noticing them. However, I completely accept that I am a constant sinner, we all commit sins day by day, maybe almost constantly throughout the day, as would be the case for me( I admit and accept this) and perhaps for a lot of other people. And I am asking for forgiveness from Allah and hope that He allows me to succeed in my exams.

But it's just these thoughts that are worrying me. What should I do to get over these anxiety-provoking thoughts and how can I concentrate more?

Please help me Brother, Wasalaam.

anonymous
05-14-2011, 10:07 PM
Helloooo......!

Hamza Asadullah
05-15-2011, 11:39 PM
JazakAllah for your reply, so I would really appreciate if you could answer some more of my worries:

1) An example of a typical sort of situation was when I was praying my Maghrib qaza namaaz yesterday. I was praying fine up to my last tashahdud and durood shareef, and then I prayed it slightly faster than I normally would. Normally I pray slowly, to try to get all my words properly pronounced. So because I done this, I was saying to myself have I dont this wrong or not, and I proceeded to finishing the namaaz and tryed to eliminate these thoughts. Then after the namaaz they struck me again and I'm still feeling doubtful as to whether my namaaz would be accepted or not?

Also, recently I have been praying very slowly and I pray slowly compared to other people. This is because I feel that if I pray a bit faster, I feel my namaaz would not be accepted. But then if this is the case, then for all those people who are praying faster than me and pronounce words faster in namaaz, does this mean their salaahs are not counted? I don't think so, what should I do with myself how can I get back to not worrying about what my namaaz is like? Honestly everytime I aim for perfection or near to perfection, as I feel anything I do in regards to worship ( wudu, namaaz, ghusl etc) will not be accepted otherwise.

2) Do you think when other people pray their namaz in mosques etc when you see them, if they pray faster than me, does this mean their namaz will not be accepted? How can I get myself to just pray everything once and not worry about whether I done it good enough or not. I've read your post, but it's really hard for me to not worry. Ohhhh what should I do??? I have a clear niyyah in everything I do, is that enough??

JazakAllah, for your help. Sorry if this is a long winded post, I appreciate your time and effort

Wasalaam
Asalaamu Alaikum, sorry for the delay in replying.

We should all aim for perfection or at least as near to perfection as possible in our worship particularly taking care in ghusl, wudu and most of all Salaah. Allah will judge us according to how sincere we were and how much effort we put in. So on one hand it is good that you are wanting to aim for perfection in your worship but on the other hand you are letting shaythan make you paranoid about your worship so that eventually you lose any goodness in your heart from worship but instead you remain in a state of worry. So what you should do is:

Try to aim as close to perfection as possible in all of your worship and then after that think to yourself: "I did the best that i can do and i leave it to Allah. Shaythan CANNOT decide whether ANY of my good deeds will be accepted or not but that is ONLY for Allah to decide."

If you think this way after EVERY act of worship then shaythan can NEVER have any affect on you or make you paranoid or in a state of worry after worship. You leave your worship to Allah for shaythan has NOTHING to do with your worship so do NOT accept ANYTHING he tells you.

Who created you? Allah. Who decides whether every EVERY atom of your good deeds and EVERYONE elses good deds will be accepted or not? Allah. Therefore where does shaythan come into the equation? He is a deciever. He has NOTHING to do with your worship. After your worship is done then it is done. You leave it to Allah and hope for its acceptance but you do NOT think about it after that but you get on with making the best of every second.

Whatever other people do is also not your concern or that of shaythan to decide anything. Leave it to EVERYTHING to Allah. Don't let shaythan put these thoughts in your mind/ You now have the knowldge to know better so disregard and reject all of these thoughts from now on and enjoy your worship and feel closeness to Allah everytime you do worship and if shaythan tries to make you feel negative about anything then just reject and disregard him because he can only whisper to your eyes NOTHING else. You have the power over your mind and your thoughts whether to accept them or not.

So now you are equipped enough to change your perspective on these matters and enjoy your worship to Allah.

Hamza Asadullah
05-15-2011, 11:49 PM
Sorry I had one more question but I cannot edit my last post to add it, or I can't find the button for it.

Basically, I have my exams coming up soon and they are important. Yet I haven't been able to concentrate fully during revision because I feel I'm a sinner and for every sin that I commit( either deliberately or accidentally), I feel something bad will happen to me on the exam day because of it. It's making me worried, I want to be able to focus 100% on my work, yet this constant feeling of me being a sinner, is preventing me from focusing my attention. I know that everyone is a sinner and I know people a lot worse than me, and obviously it seems like they're not getting these sorts of worries. It seems like the more I try to look out for and avoid sins, the more I end up noticing them. However, I completely accept that I am a constant sinner, we all commit sins day by day, maybe almost constantly throughout the day, as would be the case for me( I admit and accept this) and perhaps for a lot of other people. And I am asking for forgiveness from Allah and hope that He allows me to succeed in my exams.

But it's just these thoughts that are worrying me. What should I do to get over these anxiety-provoking thoughts and how can I concentrate more?

Please help me Brother, Wasalaam.
Asalaamu Alaikum,

With regards to the forgiveness of sins then Know that Allah's mercy, compassion and forgiveness are all encompassing and his mercy is one of his most important and significant qualities of the almighty in the Qur’an, as well as in the saying and teachings of Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh).

In a Hadith Qudsi Allah states:

"O son of Adam, as long as you call upon Me and put your hope in Me, I have forgiven you for what you have done and I do not mind. O son of Adam, if your sins were to reach the clouds of the sky and then you would seek My forgiveness, I would forgive you. O son of Adam, if you were to come to Me with sins that are close to filling the earth and then you would meet Me without ascribing any partners with Me, I would certainly bring to you forgiveness close to filling it."

In this Hadithi Qudsi, Allah gives hope to mankind more than any other narration. It displays the quality and attribute of Allahs mercy. Indeed, He is ar-Rahman, the Most Compassionate, and ar-Raheem, the Most Merciful. In this Hadithi Qudsi, Allah tells man of the greatness of His forgiveness and mercy so that no one would despair due to the amount of sins he may have committed. This is supported by the following verse of the Holy Quran:

Say: O My servants who have transgressed against their own souls, despair not of the mercy of Allah. Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Truly, He is Most Forgiving, Most Merciful. (Surah az-Zumar 39:53)

Approximately 113 chapters of the Holy Qur’an begin with: "In the name of Allah the Most-Compassionate; the Most-Merciful".

When supplicating, one should truly seek Allahs aid and His forgiveness and demonstrate his need for Allah and submit to Him with fear and hope in receiving the desired response. Allah advises in Surat al-Araaf 7:56:

And invoke Him in fear and aspiration (of hope). Indeed, the mercy of Allah is near to those who do good.

Indeed, no one despairs of relief from Allah except the disbelieving people. (Surah Yusuf 12:87)

One must be hopeful of Allahs mercy and forgiveness and fearful of His punishment. It is this fear that should lead one to seek Allahs forgiveness with hope. Allah says:

Know that Allah is severe in punishment and that Allah is Forgiving and Merciful. (Surat al-Maaidah 5:98)

These are constant reminders to all who read the Qur’an of the great mercy, compassion and forgiveness of almighty Allah. So do not despair for whatever wrongs we have done if we repent sincerely with the intention to NEVER commit the sin again then surely Allah the most merciful will forgive us.

But know that we must balance having hope for his forgiveness and fear that he may not forgive us our sins or accept our deeds. This balance will help keep us on our toes so that we are ever trying to gain his forgiveness and wanting our good deeds accepted all of the time rather than being satisfied that he will forgive us and our accept our deeds.

This balance does not mean that we should be in a constant fear of being punished or doomed for eternity but it means that we should know that Allah may not forgive our sins but at the same time have hope that he will forgive us. Any thoughts that you get otherwise are obviously shaythan trying to make you paranoid again.

Therefore you need to remember once again: Who created you? Allah. Who is the ONLY one who can forgive your sins? Allah. So where does shaythan come into this? He is a deciever. Therefore he is decieving you into thinking that you will be punished or doomed because of your sins and that is why you are in a constant state of worry.

You must NEVER let him decide whether your good deeds or repentance will be accepted or not because he has NOTHING to do with those things. It is ONLY Allah who can decide so leave it to him. Do as much good as possible and worship Allah night and day and repent for your sins every day and leave the rest to Allah and have hope in his mercy and him accepting your worship but NEVER let shaythan tell you otherwise because he has NOTHING to do with anything but whispering lies and deception in your ears.

So now you can conquer this waswas FOREVER!

anonymous
05-18-2011, 04:42 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum,

With regards to the forgiveness of sins then Know that Allah's mercy, compassion and forgiveness are all encompassing and his mercy is one of his most important and significant qualities of the almighty in the Qur’an, as well as in the saying and teachings of Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh).

"O son of Adam, as long as you call upon Me and put your hope in Me, I have forgiven you for what you have done and I do not mind. O son of Adam, if your sins were to reach the clouds of the sky and then you would seek My forgiveness, I would forgive you. O son of Adam, if you were to come to Me with sins that are close to filling the earth and then you would meet Me without ascribing any partners with Me, I would certainly bring to you forgiveness close to filling it."

In this Hadithi Qudsi, Allah gives hope to mankind more than any other narration. It displays the quality and attribute of Allahs mercy. Indeed, He is ar-Rahman, the Most Compassionate, and ar-Raheem, the Most Merciful. In this Hadithi Qudsi, Allah tells man of the greatness of His forgiveness and mercy so that no one would despair due to the amount of sins he may have committed. This is supported by the following verse of the Holy Quran:

Say: O My servants who have transgressed against their own souls, despair not of the mercy of Allah. Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Truly, He is Most Forgiving, Most Merciful. (Surah az-Zumar 39:53)

Approximately 113 chapters of the Holy Qur’an begin with: "In the name of Allah the Most-Compassionate; the Most-Merciful".

When supplicating, one should truly seek Allahs aid and His forgiveness and demonstrate his need for Allah and submit to Him with fear and hope in receiving the desired response. Allah advises in Surat al-Araaf 7:56:

And invoke Him in fear and aspiration (of hope). Indeed, the mercy of Allah is near to those who do good.

Indeed, no one despairs of relief from Allah except the disbelieving people. (Surah Yusuf 12:87)

One must be hopeful of Allahs mercy and forgiveness and fearful of His punishment. It is this fear that should lead one to seek Allahs forgiveness with hope. Allah says:

Know that Allah is severe in punishment and that Allah is Forgiving and Merciful. (Surat al-Maaidah 5:98)

These are constant reminders to all who read the Qur’an of the great mercy, compassion and forgiveness of almighty Allah. So do not despair for whatever wrongs we have done if we repent sincerely with the intention to NEVER commit the sin again then surely Allah the most merciful will forgive us.

But know that we must balance having hope for his forgiveness and fear that he may not forgive us our sins or accept our deeds. This balance will help keep us on our toes so that we are ever trying to gain his forgiveness and wanting our good deeds accepted all of the time rather than being satisfied that he will forgive us and our accept our deeds.

This balance does not mean that we should be in a constant fear of being punished or doomed for eternity but it means that we should know that Allah may not forgive our sins but at the same time have hope that he will forgive us. Any thoughts that you get otherwise are obviously shaythan trying to make you paranoid again.

Therefore you need to remember once again: Who created you? Allah. Who is the ONLY one who can forgive your sins? Allah. So where does shaythan come into this? He is a deciever. Therefore he is decieving you into thinking that you will be punished or doomed because of your sins and that is why you are in a constant state of worry.

You must NEVER let him decide whether your good deeds or repentance will be accepted or not because he has NOTHING to do with those things. It is ONLY Allah who can decide so leave it to him. Do as much good as possible and worship Allah night and day and repent for your sins every day and leave the rest to Allah and have hope in his mercy and him accepting your worship but NEVER let shaythan tell you otherwise because he has NOTHING to do with anything but whispering lies and deception in your ears.

Jazak Allah for your reply, thank you so much. I'm trying to combat this but obviously I know it will take some time. I have another worry which is bothering me at the moment:

In my house, we have a large bookshelf full of Islamic Books mainly, and everytime I look at it I get worried that some books are not properly put in the bookshelf, their covers are bent, some books are just lying at the top etc. It makes me feel that this is a sin. Is this a sin or not? I'm looking at it relatively frequently now and it's worrying me that it is my responsibility to keep all the books in order on the shelf. I'm checking it quite often and looking for any books which have been put upside down, or which books have slightly bent covers etc, it's quite demanding of me and I'm getting kinda exhausted looking all the time and fixing things on the bookshelf( May Allah forgive me if what I just said there is a sin).

What should I do about this? I wonder what they do in Islamic Bookshops, when they have to put books on shelves etc? Even when I put an Islamic book on the bookshelf, I have to do it very slowly, and if I feel I've bent something slightly or it hasn't been shelved properly, I take it out and do it again. Is just another form of waswas coming to me? You mentioned in your previous post that it comes from many angles?

I know this sounds like a strange, unheard of question, but it is concerning me so I will greatly appreciate your help.

Jazak Allah

anonymous
05-19-2011, 07:29 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum,

Assalaamu Alaykum Brother

I have a new worry sorryyy to bother you so much!

Basically I'm a medical student and this evening a thought struck me, which is worrying me:

When I initially was applying to medical school, my college teacher had predicted me higher grades than she was perhaps expecting from me, so it would meet the requirements/look good on my application form. I was initially rejected without an interview, but after some phone calls to the medical school, they allowed me to have an interview because I was participating in a scheme they ran aiming to get students into Health related degrees, including Medicine. After the interview I got an offer and meeting the grade requirements was all through my own effort. I just feel as though I had somehow cheated in letting my teacher predict higher grades for me than she was expecting of me, and now I'm in my second year at Medical school, why am I getting this thought now!? I don't want to drop out from this course now, I feel so blessed by Allah that I am here. Yet since this thought has struck me and the fear that I may have slightly cheated my way into medical school( by getting my teacher to predict higher grades) I feel as if there will be no barakah in my career. Being a Doctor Insha Allah is a fantastic career, you're contributing positively to society and to the Muslim Ummah, but will I be punished for what had happened about my teacher's grade predictions?

I sometimes feel I will Insha Allah make a better doctor than another candidate who would have been here instead of me, though obviously you can't guess that. Also for the most part I feel as though everything I've done to get this far is entirely out of my own effort, and who knows maybe the medical school would have still interviewed me even if my grade predictions were slightly lower, on the basis that I was participating in a scheme they ran for about 3 years? BTW, the scheme they( the university) ran was attempting to increase the interest of students in healthcare degrees and to increase the number of applicants applying for healthcare degrees, including medicine.

I have my exams in 2 and a half weeks and these thoughts are concerning me!

Quick reply would be most appreciated, Jazak Allah so much for your help brother

P.S- Maybe I'm just not thinking through this the correct way round and my mind has distorted itself regarding this matter? What is your view?

anonymous
05-19-2011, 07:36 PM
to add....,

I just thought to myself, that almost every medicine applicant tells a few lies or a lie in their application somewhere, e.g on their personal statement or wherever( e.g they exaggerate things, they make things up to make the personal statement look good etc). Say if a Muslim had done this, does this mean they will have no barakah in their career as a doctor?

Jazak Allah

anonymous
05-19-2011, 09:03 PM
And to add to that.....

I'm imagining 90% + of interviewees must have told a few white lies ( or even some bigger lies) during their interview. I know I must have said a few, does this mean I will have no barakah in my career as a doctor Insha Allah? It's not like I'm selling something haraam or providing haraam services e.g. selling alcohol and so on? Loads of people must lie to some extent in any job interview or other interviews they have, whilst I know this is a sin and I accept that, does this make the roles/jobs/places haraam for us to take up( and therefore we won't receive any barakah from this)?

Jazak Allah, Sorry to bombard you with so many posts, but please take the time out to help thanks soo much

Hamza Asadullah
05-20-2011, 02:09 AM
Jazak Allah for your reply, thank you so much. I'm trying to combat this but obviously I know it will take some time. I have another worry which is bothering me at the moment:

In my house, we have a large bookshelf full of Islamic Books mainly, and everytime I look at it I get worried that some books are not properly put in the bookshelf, their covers are bent, some books are just lying at the top etc. It makes me feel that this is a sin. Is this a sin or not? I'm looking at it relatively frequently now and it's worrying me that it is my responsibility to keep all the books in order on the shelf. I'm checking it quite often and looking for any books which have been put upside down, or which books have slightly bent covers etc, it's quite demanding of me and I'm getting kinda exhausted looking all the time and fixing things on the bookshelf( May Allah forgive me if what I just said there is a sin).

What should I do about this? I wonder what they do in Islamic Bookshops, when they have to put books on shelves etc? Even when I put an Islamic book on the bookshelf, I have to do it very slowly, and if I feel I've bent something slightly or it hasn't been shelved properly, I take it out and do it again. Is just another form of waswas coming to me? You mentioned in your previous post that it comes from many angles?

I know this sounds like a strange, unheard of question, but it is concerning me so I will greatly appreciate your help.

Jazak Allah
Asalaamu Alaikum, it is certainly good to respect Islamic books as they contain sacred knowledge of Islam and one should especially take care of the Qur'an. For books to be a bit worse for wear and tattered may be a good thing because at least it shows that they have been used because if they were in perfect condition then it may be a sign that they are not being used much but what you have described is a bit of OCD which is linked to waswas also.

One should not go intosuch extremes in these matters because that will not only waste time but it becomes a very tiring and frustrating process. I am sure i have advised you before about seeing a behavorial specialist about yor OCD and i think you should go ahead and do so otherwise this will affect you throughout your life as it is clearly affecting your worship and wasting significant amounts of time.

Hamza Asadullah
05-20-2011, 02:17 AM
Assalaamu Alaykum Brother

I have a new worry sorryyy to bother you so much!

Basically I'm a medical student and this evening a thought struck me, which is worrying me:

When I initially was applying to medical school, my college teacher had predicted me higher grades than she was perhaps expecting from me, so it would meet the requirements/look good on my application form. I was initially rejected without an interview, but after some phone calls to the medical school, they allowed me to have an interview because I was participating in a scheme they ran aiming to get students into Health related degrees, including Medicine. After the interview I got an offer and meeting the grade requirements was all through my own effort. I just feel as though I had somehow cheated in letting my teacher predict higher grades for me than she was expecting of me, and now I'm in my second year at Medical school, why am I getting this thought now!? I don't want to drop out from this course now, I feel so blessed by Allah that I am here. Yet since this thought has struck me and the fear that I may have slightly cheated my way into medical school( by getting my teacher to predict higher grades) I feel as if there will be no barakah in my career. Being a Doctor Insha Allah is a fantastic career, you're contributing positively to society and to the Muslim Ummah, but will I be punished for what had happened about my teacher's grade predictions?

I sometimes feel I will Insha Allah make a better doctor than another candidate who would have been here instead of me, though obviously you can't guess that. Also for the most part I feel as though everything I've done to get this far is entirely out of my own effort, and who knows maybe the medical school would have still interviewed me even if my grade predictions were slightly lower, on the basis that I was participating in a scheme they ran for about 3 years? BTW, the scheme they( the university) ran was attempting to increase the interest of students in healthcare degrees and to increase the number of applicants applying for healthcare degrees, including medicine.

I have my exams in 2 and a half weeks and these thoughts are concerning me!

Quick reply would be most appreciated, Jazak Allah so much for your help brother

P.S- Maybe I'm just not thinking through this the correct way round and my mind has distorted itself regarding this matter? What is your view?
Asalaamu Alaikum, i think if the teacher allowed your grades to be predicted higher than they were then they did so out of their own discretion as the teacher would only have done so if they thought you deserved it so therefore is nothing to worry about here. You certainly did not make it only out of your own effort for Allah blessed you with the ability to do what you are doing and opened the door of opportunity for you to study this course.

So you should be ever thankful to him and always thank him in every dua not only for the opportunity he gave you but of all the favours he has done for you and most of all the imaan he has given you.

Hamza Asadullah
05-20-2011, 02:24 AM
And to add to that.....

I'm imagining 90% + of interviewees must have told a few white lies ( or even some bigger lies) during their interview. I know I must have said a few, does this mean I will have no barakah in my career as a doctor Insha Allah? It's not like I'm selling something haraam or providing haraam services e.g. selling alcohol and so on? Loads of people must lie to some extent in any job interview or other interviews they have, whilst I know this is a sin and I accept that, does this make the roles/jobs/places haraam for us to take up( and therefore we won't receive any barakah from this)?

Jazak Allah, Sorry to bombard you with so many posts, but please take the time out to help thanks soo much
Asalaamu Alaikum, a Muslim should always try to be as honest as possible and should totally avoid deception but a lot of us do sometimes over exaturate a little bit especially in an interview or when applying for something and i think as long as a person is closest to total honesty the better and the more a person is towards total deception then the worst that is. But i do not think that the "whole" thing becomes haraam because of a little exaturation unless one committed total fraud and deception. But one should ask of Allah to forgive them for ever being dishonest and try ones best to be closest to honesty and the truth and the furthest from lies and deception.

So i do not think you should worry but repent anyway and ask of Allah to make you of the truthful and honest and to bless whatever you are doing because Allah has opened up these doors for you so you should always be ever thankful.

Just to add: For a waswas sufferer Shaythan tries to find anyway possible to get at a person so you should always be aware of this and make notes of what angles shaythan tries to get at you and from those notes you can defeat shaythan whenever he tries a similar angle.

May Allah bless your study and make you of those who benefits mandkind and Muslims. Ameen

anonymous
05-26-2011, 01:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza Asadullah
Asalaamu Alaikum, it is certainly good to respect Islamic books as they contain sacred knowledge of Islam and one should especially take care of the Qur'an. For books to be a bit worse for wear and tattered may be a good thing because at least it shows that they have been used because if they were in perfect condition then it may be a sign that they are not being used much but what you have described is a bit of OCD which is linked to waswas also.

One should not go intosuch extremes in these matters because that will not only waste time but it becomes a very tiring and frustrating process. I am sure i have advised you before about seeing a behavorial specialist about yor OCD and i think you should go ahead and do so otherwise this will affect you throughout your life as it is clearly affecting your worship and wasting significant amounts of time.

JazakAllah for your reply. As a matter of fact, I am currently undergoing Cognitive Behavioural Therapy because my therapist thinks I have Generalised Anxiety Disorder plus a bit of OCD. I am always thinking so much all the time, non stop throughout the day I am hyper vigilant, relatively often I am worried and I don't even know why. I just feel like I'm never good enough and my mind is always noticing these smaller topics, and then they remain on my mind. I feel like a sinner If I don't act on these thoughts. The books on the bookshelf haven't used since quite some time, because my dad bought them so long ago. They may have gotten dusty, does that make me a sinner? Is it a sin, should I dust the books from there? Help me brother, I'm trying to concentrate on my studies and every so often these thoughts come back to disrupt my learning.

I have difficulty doing wudu, I always go excessive because if you leave a hairs breadth dry then isn't your wudu not counted? I try to be perfectionist because I feel if I don't, then I am being negligent and therefore my worship will not be accepted. I try doing all acts of worship the SAME everytime. But it is very difficult, we as humans are heterogenous, nobody can ever do anything the same every time they do it. What should I do? Should I just do things ONCE, no matter how I've done or whether I feel negligent in doing it, and then move onto the next task? I get so worried my worship is not good enough. I have read some of the article you posted before, but what else can I do? When I do ghusl I end up blowing so much water into my nose and rubbing its inside so much, that this morning it started bleeding. I feel as though I have to blow all the mucus etc out and then rub properly to ensure all parts of my nose are wet. Ghusl takes me 20-25 minutes. I just don't know how people can do it in 5 minutes. Also, I always feel as though I've forgotten something and then end up mentally forcing myself to rethink over the Ghusl. I know they say that once an act has been performed, leave it because doubts coming after the action are of no importance. Yet WHY Do I keep thinking over them, it's like my mind becomes hijacked and I end up thinking over them. I used to be able to dismiss these doubts with regards to religion. It's just now I feel as though my worship is never good enough so I have to keep ensuring everything I do is perfect or near-to-perfect.

It's such a struggle for me now, but I'm battling and there are some good moments and some not so good moments. Insha Allah it will just take time. But how can I stop ovethinking everything and being such a doubtful case? You know I have no real knowledge of the world out there and I'm not streetwise at all. I'm always just stuck in my own box of thoughts and doubts. Surely there are more important things in life than this, but how can you stop mentally torturing yourself like this?

JazakAllah for your reply

I just wish I could live each day in peace, I have everything it is just these thoughts and doubts which are ruining me

anonymous
05-27-2011, 11:08 AM
hello, I'm looking forward to your advice pleaseeee JazakAllah

anonymous
05-27-2011, 10:28 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum, a Muslim should always try to be as honest as possible and should totally avoid deception but a lot of us do sometimes over exaturate a little bit especially in an interview or when applying for something and i think as long as a person is closest to total honesty the better and the more a person is towards total deception then the worst that is. But i do not think that the "whole" thing becomes haraam because of a little exaturation unless one committed total fraud and deception. But one should ask of Allah to forgive them for ever being dishonest and try ones best to be closest to honesty and the truth and the furthest from lies and deception.

So i do not think you should worry but repent anyway and ask of Allah to make you of the truthful and honest and to bless whatever you are doing because Allah has opened up these doors for you so you should always be ever thankful.

Just to add: For a waswas sufferer Shaythan tries to find anyway possible to get at a person so you should always be aware of this and make notes of what angles shaythan tries to get at you and from those notes you can defeat shaythan whenever he tries a similar angle.

May Allah bless your study and make you of those who benefits mandkind and Muslims. Ameen

hello, I'm looking forward to your advice pleaseeee JazakAllah , please read the above message I posted to you :) Much appreciated

anonymous
06-09-2011, 10:08 PM

Hello where are youuuuu? Please help me, my exams are over now and I'm starting to feel less stressed, which is encouraging me to fix my tiring behaviours, but do you have any useful advice to offer me? Also, I'm trying to keep myself as busy as possible so I have as little time to think about all these things Insha Allah. JazakAllah

Hamza Asadullah
06-10-2011, 04:17 AM
JazakAllah for your reply. As a matter of fact, I am currently undergoing Cognitive Behavioural Therapy because my therapist thinks I have Generalised Anxiety Disorder plus a bit of OCD. I am always thinking so much all the time, non stop throughout the day I am hyper vigilant, relatively often I am worried and I don't even know why. I just feel like I'm never good enough and my mind is always noticing these smaller topics, and then they remain on my mind. I feel like a sinner If I don't act on these thoughts. The books on the bookshelf haven't used since quite some time, because my dad bought them so long ago. They may have gotten dusty, does that make me a sinner? Is it a sin, should I dust the books from there? Help me brother, I'm trying to concentrate on my studies and every so often these thoughts come back to disrupt my learning.

I have difficulty doing wudu, I always go excessive because if you leave a hairs breadth dry then isn't your wudu not counted? I try to be perfectionist because I feel if I don't, then I am being negligent and therefore my worship will not be accepted. I try doing all acts of worship the SAME everytime. But it is very difficult, we as humans are heterogenous, nobody can ever do anything the same every time they do it. What should I do? Should I just do things ONCE, no matter how I've done or whether I feel negligent in doing it, and then move onto the next task? I get so worried my worship is not good enough. I have read some of the article you posted before, but what else can I do? When I do ghusl I end up blowing so much water into my nose and rubbing its inside so much, that this morning it started bleeding. I feel as though I have to blow all the mucus etc out and then rub properly to ensure all parts of my nose are wet. Ghusl takes me 20-25 minutes. I just don't know how people can do it in 5 minutes. Also, I always feel as though I've forgotten something and then end up mentally forcing myself to rethink over the Ghusl. I know they say that once an act has been performed, leave it because doubts coming after the action are of no importance. Yet WHY Do I keep thinking over them, it's like my mind becomes hijacked and I end up thinking over them. I used to be able to dismiss these doubts with regards to religion. It's just now I feel as though my worship is never good enough so I have to keep ensuring everything I do is perfect or near-to-perfect.

It's such a struggle for me now, but I'm battling and there are some good moments and some not so good moments. Insha Allah it will just take time. But how can I stop ovethinking everything and being such a doubtful case? You know I have no real knowledge of the world out there and I'm not streetwise at all. I'm always just stuck in my own box of thoughts and doubts. Surely there are more important things in life than this, but how can you stop mentally torturing yourself like this?

JazakAllah for your reply

I just wish I could live each day in peace, I have everything it is just these thoughts and doubts which are ruining me
Asalaamu Alaikum, i apologise for the late reply my sister. I am happy that you are seeking medical advice for your condition. We all go through certain tests, trials and hardships in life in the form of health, wealth family etc. Know that you are certainly not alone and there are so many who have much worser conditions than you so thank Allah always.

There is nothing wrong with dust on Islamic books as dust is not impure. I have asked you to write notes to prevent shaythan from trying to get at you from certain angles and you should always make these notes and refer to them so that shaythan will eventually have nowhere to go because all the angles would have been covered.

My sister you need to make note of these very important points, internalise them constantly and keep them with you ALWAYS:

1. Who decides whether your wudu, ghusl and worship is accepted or not? Answer: Allah! NOT SHAYTHAN!

2. Who decides whether you are a sinner or a kaafir or not? Answer: Allah! NOT SHAYTHAN!

- The WHY do you constantly listen to shaythan If he tells you that your ghusl, wudu or worship is not accepted when he CANNOT decide what is and what is not accepted ONLY Allah can!

- Then WHY do you constantly listen to shaythan who calls you a sinner or a kaafir when he CANNOT decide whether you are a sinner or a kaafir ONLY Allah can!

Therefore from now on you will sin if you believe shaythan when he tells you that your ghusl, wudu or worship is not accepted because he has NO authority over what is and what is not accepted ONLY Allah has!

You will also sin from now on if you believe that shaythan when he tells you that you are a sinner or a kaafir because he has NO authority over whether you are a sinner or a kaafir ONLY Allah has!

So now you know that ONLY Allah can decide whether your wudu, ghusl and worship is accepted and ONLY Allah can decide whether you are a sinner or a kaafir. If you believe shaythan over Allah then surely you believe shaythan over Allah!

Therefore you do NOT repeat a single wudu, ghusl or Salaah! If you do then you are believing shaythan over Allah. No matter how hard it is you stick to DOING WUDU GHUSL AND SALAAH ONCE AND ONLY ONCE because you believe that Allah accepts your worship and NOT shaythan!

So after you have done ONE wudu, ONE Ghusl and ONE Salaah you do NOT even think about it again and you do NOT look back but you look forward and trust in Allah and NOT shaythan!

You do NOT think you have committed any kufr or are a sinner except that you repent always and have hope that Allah will forgive you because you believe ONLY ALLAH decides who is a kaafir and who is a sinner.

You must make note of all of this and internalise it in your head everyday. You will do this for a week and then get back to me with your progress. You will strive and fight and get through this by trusting in Allah and disregarding whatever shaythan says to you.

You must try and keep yourself busy at all times and never sit around idle. There is so much to do. Read and learn about islam, do dhikr of Allah, recite the Qur'an with its meanings and understand the words of Allah. Listen to Qur'an and lectures. Sit with family and good pious company. Make much dua. Do everything to please Allah

So i will wait for your progress after one week inshallah.

I have hope in you that you will succeed but make sure you internalise all of this information constantly and strive and persevere!

On top of this do the following for one week as well:

1. Recite – Aoozubillaahi Minasshytaan Ir Rajeem- 10x every morning and evening, according to a hadith in Hisne Haseen that whosoever seeks Allah’s refuge from Satan 10 a day, an angel will be deployed for him to save him from the evil of satan.

2. Recite first 3 verses of Surah Anaam 3x every morning and evening, this is based on the following hadith, Hazrat Jabir radiyallahu anhu narrates that Rasoolullah sallallahu alaihe wasallam said, “Whoever prays the first three verses of Surah An’aam until Wa ya‘lamu ma taksibun, Allah Ta’ala appoints for him one thousand angels who record his worship similar of their own. And an angel descends from the seventh heaven, with a crooked rod of iron. Now when the satan wishes to whisper to the reciter or drive into his heart the inclination of some sin the angel hits the satan such a hard blow that seventy barriers form between the satan and the reciter. And on Resurrection Day Allah Ta’ala will say to him, ‘Walk in My shade this day in which besides My shade no other shade exists. And eat the fruits of My paradise and drink from the pool of Kawthar, and take a wash from the spring of Salsabeel, for you are My servant and I am your Lord.” (Tafseer of Imaam Qurtubi)

3. Pomegranate(For strength and cleansing the body from Jinns): Pomegranate juice is rich in Potassium, folic acid, Vitamins and Antioxidants and its benefits with regards to satan / jinn are mentioned in this following hadith in which Prophet[SA] has mentioned that “Pomegranate cleanses you of Satan and from evil aspirations for 40 days”.

Therefore, it’s highly recommended that during the treatment the victim should drink juice extracted out of one whole pomegranate about 30 to 45 mins before breakfast daily for about 7 to 12 days or at his convenience.

4. When every evil thoughts come to you recite- Aoozubillaahi Minasshytaan Ir Rajeem 3x and then drily spit 3x towards your left.

Also carefully read and understand the following:

http://islamicexorcism.files.wordpre...f-shaytaan.pdf

Keep doing everything above consistantly and thoroughly and soon inshallah you will notice the beneficial affects. Ma'asalaam

anonymous
07-07-2011, 09:23 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum, i apologise for the late reply my sister. I am happy that you are seeking medical advice for your condition. We all go through certain tests, trials and hardships in life in the form of health, wealth family etc. Know that you are certainly not alone and there are so many who have much worser conditions than you so thank Allah always.

There is nothing wrong with dust on Islamic books as dust is not impure. I have asked you to write notes to prevent shaythan from trying to get at you from certain angles and you should always make these notes and refer to them so that shaythan will eventually have nowhere to go because all the angles would have been covered.

My sister you need to make note of these very important points, internalise them constantly and keep them with you ALWAYS:

1. Who decides whether your wudu, ghusl and worship is accepted or not? Answer: Allah! NOT SHAYTHAN!

2. Who decides whether you are a sinner or a kaafir or not? Answer: Allah! NOT SHAYTHAN!

- The WHY do you constantly listen to shaythan If he tells you that your ghusl, wudu or worship is not accepted when he CANNOT decide what is and what is not accepted ONLY Allah can!

- Then WHY do you constantly listen to shaythan who calls you a sinner or a kaafir when he CANNOT decide whether you are a sinner or a kaafir ONLY Allah can!

Therefore from now on you will sin if you believe shaythan when he tells you that your ghusl, wudu or worship is not accepted because he has NO authority over what is and what is not accepted ONLY Allah has!

You will also sin from now on if you believe that shaythan when he tells you that you are a sinner or a kaafir because he has NO authority over whether you are a sinner or a kaafir ONLY Allah has!

So now you know that ONLY Allah can decide whether your wudu, ghusl and worship is accepted and ONLY Allah can decide whether you are a sinner or a kaafir. If you believe shaythan over Allah then surely you believe shaythan over Allah!

Therefore you do NOT repeat a single wudu, ghusl or Salaah! If you do then you are believing shaythan over Allah. No matter how hard it is you stick to DOING WUDU GHUSL AND SALAAH ONCE AND ONLY ONCE because you believe that Allah accepts your worship and NOT shaythan!

So after you have done ONE wudu, ONE Ghusl and ONE Salaah you do NOT even think about it again and you do NOT look back but you look forward and trust in Allah and NOT shaythan!

You do NOT think you have committed any kufr or are a sinner except that you repent always and have hope that Allah will forgive you because you believe ONLY ALLAH decides who is a kaafir and who is a sinner.

You must make note of all of this and internalise it in your head everyday. You will do this for a week and then get back to me with your progress. You will strive and fight and get through this by trusting in Allah and disregarding whatever shaythan says to you.

You must try and keep yourself busy at all times and never sit around idle. There is so much to do. Read and learn about islam, do dhikr of Allah, recite the Qur'an with its meanings and understand the words of Allah. Listen to Qur'an and lectures. Sit with family and good pious company. Make much dua. Do everything to please Allah

I have hope in you that you will succeed but make sure you internalise all of this information constantly and strive and persevere!

1. Recite – Aoozubillaahi Minasshytaan Ir Rajeem- 10x every morning and evening, according to a hadith in Hisne Haseen that whosoever seeks Allah’s refuge from Satan 10 a day, an angel will be deployed for him to save him from the evil of satan.

2. Recite first 3 verses of Surah Anaam 3x every morning and evening, this is based on the following hadith, Hazrat Jabir radiyallahu anhu narrates that Rasoolullah sallallahu alaihe wasallam said, “Whoever prays the first three verses of Surah An’aam until Wa ya‘lamu ma taksibun, Allah Ta’ala appoints for him one thousand angels who record his worship similar of their own. And an angel descends from the seventh heaven, with a crooked rod of iron. Now when the satan wishes to whisper to the reciter or drive into his heart the inclination of some sin the angel hits the satan such a hard blow that seventy barriers form between the satan and the reciter. And on Resurrection Day Allah Ta’ala will say to him, ‘Walk in My shade this day in which besides My shade no other shade exists. And eat the fruits of My paradise and drink from the pool of Kawthar, and take a wash from the spring of Salsabeel, for you are My servant and I am your Lord.” (Tafseer of Imaam Qurtubi)

3. Pomegranate(For strength and cleansing the body from Jinns): Pomegranate juice is rich in Potassium, folic acid, Vitamins and Antioxidants and its benefits with regards to satan / jinn are mentioned in this following hadith in which Prophet[SA] has mentioned that “Pomegranate cleanses you of Satan and from evil aspirations for 40 days”.

Therefore, it’s highly recommended that during the treatment the victim should drink juice extracted out of one whole pomegranate about 30 to 45 mins before breakfast daily for about 7 to 12 days or at his convenience.

4. When every evil thoughts come to you recite- Aoozubillaahi Minasshytaan Ir Rajeem 3x and then drily spit 3x towards your left.

Keep doing everything above consistantly and thoroughly and soon inshallah you will notice the beneficial affects. Ma'asalaam
JazakAllah for your reply, sorry for getting back to you so late. I was busy with work etc, it has been an OK few weeks just trying to improve gradually. Making progress in some areas Alhamdulillah, but still not as strong in other areas where shaytaan attacks. I am becomign more able to pray my salaahs better and just once each time, there are less intrusive thoughts, though still every so often I relapse and start doubting. But also I have been reading another book on Anxiety etc, which gives useful tips aswell, so have been following that as well.

However, currently I am feeling stressed about some other aspects, which are worrying me. First, I am worrying what Ramadhan will be like for me this year. Last year, I was able to complete it fine Alhamdulillah, but this year I am feeling very nervous and anxious. I feel because of the state I am currently in, and how things are difficult for me. I am worried everything may become too much at times, and I may become frustrated and do something silly out of anger. I don't know how to stop these thoughts and how to get past them. I am due to go on a holiday soon and then coming back before Ramadhan. But I am worried that if I make something hard for myself, or if I am stressed then I may end up doing something wrong. A specific example of this is during wudu or when having a shower, I am worried that I may deliberately swallow water, out of anger. I know with a rational mind I would never do this, but right now I am honestly so worried that I may do something silly like this in the anger of the moment. Please could you help me on this, help me how can I avoid becoming angered and stressed over everything?

Sometimes I just don't even feel like getting out of bed because I don't feel motivated enough to get through the day. Even routine daily tasks are requiring more effort and thought into them, because my mind is always wandering elsewhere. I am worried what to do with this waswasa during Ramadhan? How can I make it easy for myself? I really want to get a quick cure before Ramadhan, and I am really hoping that I can improve a lot within the next few weeks insha Allah. Please help me?

JazakAllah for your help, looking forward to hearing from you. Would really appreciate a quick response.

Wa'alaikumus-salaam

anonymous
07-07-2011, 09:38 PM

Assalaamu-alaykum again,

I have been experiencing a problem in this area lately too. Basically, we have a box in which individual sipaarahs/chapters of the Quran are put and this box is stored high above a wardrobe in the kitchen. I looked at this box once and thought that because some chapters may be irregularly arranged in there, or not stacked on top of each other in an orderly manner, then this is a sin and so I should fix it. this was bugging me for quite some time, so yesterday I decided to take action and brought the box down and placed the chapters on top of each other, made them ordered and neat etc. I then proceeded to putting the box back on top of the wardrobe. And then as I was doing this I felt as though the chapters had again moved out of place and become unordered, or shifted off the pile. So I brought the box back down again, and neatened it up. Then I put the box back at the top again, and still I didn't feel satisfied, so brought it back down. I then neatened it again, and by this point I became quite frustrated and confused, so left the box there and done something else. I came back to it later, and didn't tell my family why the box was not in its usual place. I just covered it up with some excuse, and then in front of them put the box back on top of the wardrobe, but I have not felt satisfied since then and still intend on bringing it back down to even it all up.

My problem is: This is becoming so frustrating, distressing and adding so much difficulty to my life, the main reason I feel because it is the Holy Quran in that box, it must be as orderly as possible. So that is why I am feeling the need to continually do things. But it is very tiring and to be honest, I am very exhausted by this. I don't feel like taking any more action, because you become so fatigued by everything. It stops you from being able to enjoy everything else. So what should I do? Is it really a sin if I left the box as it is? I want to be happy again and really feel the peace and relaxation in Islam, not this constant struggle I feel I am facing. So right now I am worried about what is going to happen in Ramadhan with me and this waswasa, and this box with the Quran chapters in. refer to my above post too, JazakAllah

JazakAllah for your help, please reply soon

Wa'alaikumus-salaam

anonymous
07-09-2011, 04:46 PM

Heloooo, Assalaamu-alaykum,

What should i do, refer to my latest posts to you please. JazakAllah for your help!

anonymous
07-12-2011, 09:15 AM

Hello are you there???? JazakAllah

Hamza Asadullah
07-14-2011, 02:34 AM
JazakAllah for your reply, sorry for getting back to you so late. I was busy with work etc, it has been an OK few weeks just trying to improve gradually. Making progress in some areas Alhamdulillah, but still not as strong in other areas where shaytaan attacks. I am becomign more able to pray my salaahs better and just once each time, there are less intrusive thoughts, though still every so often I relapse and start doubting. But also I have been reading another book on Anxiety etc, which gives useful tips aswell, so have been following that as well.

However, currently I am feeling stressed about some other aspects, which are worrying me. First, I am worrying what Ramadhan will be like for me this year. Last year, I was able to complete it fine Alhamdulillah, but this year I am feeling very nervous and anxious. I feel because of the state I am currently in, and how things are difficult for me. I am worried everything may become too much at times, and I may become frustrated and do something silly out of anger. I don't know how to stop these thoughts and how to get past them. I am due to go on a holiday soon and then coming back before Ramadhan. But I am worried that if I make something hard for myself, or if I am stressed then I may end up doing something wrong. A specific example of this is during wudu or when having a shower, I am worried that I may deliberately swallow water, out of anger. I know with a rational mind I would never do this, but right now I am honestly so worried that I may do something silly like this in the anger of the moment. Please could you help me on this, help me how can I avoid becoming angered and stressed over everything?

Sometimes I just don't even feel like getting out of bed because I don't feel motivated enough to get through the day. Even routine daily tasks are requiring more effort and thought into them, because my mind is always wandering elsewhere. I am worried what to do with this waswasa during Ramadhan? How can I make it easy for myself? I really want to get a quick cure before Ramadhan, and I am really hoping that I can improve a lot within the next few weeks insha Allah. Please help me?

JazakAllah for your help, looking forward to hearing from you. Would really appreciate a quick response.

Wa'alaikumus-salaam
Asalaamu Alaikum, please accept my sincere apologies for the delay in responding to you. My sister what you are going through is going to require you to be consitant, patient and to persevere even if you trip or fall. You have the ability to conquer this and the resources i have given you are more than enough for you to do so providing you use every step i have given you everyday no matter what and apply it in every situation.

There is no doubt that shaythan will not stop and he will continue to try and get at you using every angle possible but you must continue to use the steps and dua's and everything i have given you and continuously apply them in every aspect of your worship.

Allah does NOT want you to feel this burden during worship but it is you who are accepting shaythans whispers and falling for his tricks everytime. Allah wants you to feel closer to him during worship but shaythan is wanting you to feel so disillusioned that you eventually give up and stop worshipping Allah.

So my sister i keep stressing this to you but you must DO Isthinja, wudu and ghusl ONCE as well as you can and then do NOT think about it again. Who is shaythan to tell you that it is not accepted? Is shaythan God that he can decide what is accepted and what is not? Of course not then why listen to him?

So listen to my advice and KEEP DOING EVERYTHING ONCE AND ONCE ONLY AND DO NOT THINK ABOUT IT EVER AGAIN.

If you get any whispers from shaythan trying to tell you otherwise then you reject it because he CANNOT decide what is and what is not accepted ONLY Allah can.

The same goes for every prayer and worship you do. You do it once as well as you can and then you do NOT think about it again. You do NOT repeat it just because shaythan tells you to do so because again shaythan CANNOT tell you what is and what is not accepted.

There is NO need for you to feel worried about getting through the day because Allah wants you to enjoy your worship because you are doing so to please Allah and to get closer to him. He does not want you to feel this despair. You are only feeling this way because you are letting shaythan make you feel this way.

So you need to start rejecting EVERYTHING he says because he is only trying to trick you and decieve you so that you eventually stop worshipping Allah.

Shaythan knows that Ramadan is the best of months and he does not want you to get anything good out of it. He wants you to give up before Ramadan comes and feel so worried that you crack in Ramadan. But why would you need to worry about anything in Ramadan? It is such a beautiful month where your heart will be at peace so thee is NOTHING for you to worry about but you should be excited that such a blessed and beautiful month is coming.

Why worry about something that shaythan is NOT in charge of or cannot decide what worship of yours is accepted or not. If so then you do NOT ever listen to him and his evil lies. He is lying to you so stop falling for it. Ramadan is around the corner and you WILL be excited for its arrival and you will make the best of it and so there is NO need for you to feel anxious because it is the best chance for you to get even closer to Allah.

So follow ALL the steps, advice, dua's, ruqya that i have given you and rememebr to KEEP STRIVING AND PERSEVERING AND DO NOT GIVE UP! You can defeat shaythan because he can only whisper and you have the choice to decide whether to believe him or not. So just do NOT believe him and his lies and be EXCITED for the coming of Ramadan!

Hamza Asadullah
07-14-2011, 02:39 AM
Assalaamu-alaykum again,

I have been experiencing a problem in this area lately too. Basically, we have a box in which individual sipaarahs/chapters of the Quran are put and this box is stored high above a wardrobe in the kitchen. I looked at this box once and thought that because some chapters may be irregularly arranged in there, or not stacked on top of each other in an orderly manner, then this is a sin and so I should fix it. this was bugging me for quite some time, so yesterday I decided to take action and brought the box down and placed the chapters on top of each other, made them ordered and neat etc. I then proceeded to putting the box back on top of the wardrobe. And then as I was doing this I felt as though the chapters had again moved out of place and become unordered, or shifted off the pile. So I brought the box back down again, and neatened it up. Then I put the box back at the top again, and still I didn't feel satisfied, so brought it back down. I then neatened it again, and by this point I became quite frustrated and confused, so left the box there and done something else. I came back to it later, and didn't tell my family why the box was not in its usual place. I just covered it up with some excuse, and then in front of them put the box back on top of the wardrobe, but I have not felt satisfied since then and still intend on bringing it back down to even it all up.

My problem is: This is becoming so frustrating, distressing and adding so much difficulty to my life, the main reason I feel because it is the Holy Quran in that box, it must be as orderly as possible. So that is why I am feeling the need to continually do things. But it is very tiring and to be honest, I am very exhausted by this. I don't feel like taking any more action, because you become so fatigued by everything. It stops you from being able to enjoy everything else. So what should I do? Is it really a sin if I left the box as it is? I want to be happy again and really feel the peace and relaxation in Islam, not this constant struggle I feel I am facing. So right now I am worried about what is going to happen in Ramadhan with me and this waswasa, and this box with the Quran chapters in. refer to my above post too, JazakAllah

JazakAllah for your help, please reply soon

Wa'alaikumus-salaam
Asalaamu Alaikum, this clearly comes down to your OCD. You know the answer in your heart sister. You know that this is not a sin so how can it be? Whenever you get these urges you need to step back and think"Let me be rational now. How is this is sin if i do this or that?".

So by stepping back and rationalising things then you will be able to realise how ridiculous the situation is. You just need to step back everytime and rationalise the matter in your mind and tell yourself i know what the answer is and i am going to let this go because it is not rational to carry on behaving in such a way.

So again sister carry on with your medical treatment as well as following all the advice and steps i have given you. Everything will be alright inshallah.

anonymous
07-17-2011, 07:19 PM
Asalaamu alaykum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatu akhi,

I have a question about cleaning the nose in wudoo. I can't sniff in the water because it when I do, it causes great discomfort and my nose hurts when it goes up my nose. I kind of pour in the water into my nose, use my fingers to clean my nose and then blow out the water. Recently, I became worried about the amount of water coming out from my nose. I put the water in my nose, clean it and then blow it but only drips of water comes out so I take water and rub the walls of my nose but this gives me scratches in my nose.

Also, I don't know how far deep the water should go, and if there should be any mucus in the way when cleaning the nose. Also, a very embarrassing problem, I have to pass wind when I am done wudoo. This happens all the time. If not after wudoo then during prayer or sometimes even both times. I used to pray with ease, just do wudoo and pray but the problems are piling up. I hope I become normal .

Asalaamu alaykum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatu

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!