/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The REAL Osama Bin Laden - Interview

Perseveranze
05-04-2011, 01:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tariq353

Rediff.com » News » The Osama bin Laden I knew

Pakistani journalist and Rediff.com contributor Hamid Mir interviewed Osama bin Laden thrice.

Mir, who works for Pakistan's Geo TV network, was the only journalist to interview bin Laden after 9/11.

Hamid Mir, who is writing bin Laden's biography, reveals what the world's most wanted terrorist was really like.

"I was the son of a rich father, I could have spent my life luxuriously in Europe and America, like many other wealthy Saudis. Instead I took up arms and headed for the mountains of Afghanistan. Was it personal interest that drove me to spend each moment of my life in the shadow of death? No!"

"I was merely discharging a religious obligation by waging jihad against those who attacked Muslims. It does not matter if I die in the course of fulfilling this responsibility. My death and the death of others like me will one day awaken millions of Muslims from their apathy."

Osama bin Laden told me this one morning in March 1997 in the caves of the Tora Bora mountains in eastern Afghanistan. I was the first Pakistani journalist to interview bin Laden.

In May 1998 I interviewed him a second time in a hideout near Kandahar airport, Afghanistan, for many hours. He mentioned his possible death again and again to me in that long conversation and said, "Yes I know my enemy is very powerful, but let me assure you, they can kill me, but they cannot arrest me alive."

I received his messenger a few hours after the 9/11 attacks and he praised all those who conducted those attacks, but he never accepted the responsibility for the 9/11 attacks. It confused me. I tried to meet him again. I took the risk of entering Afghanistan in November 2001 when American warplanes were targeting Al Qaeda and the Taliban from Jalalabad to Kabul.

I was lucky and met him a third time on the morning of November 8, 2001. I was the first and only journalist to interview him after 9/11. Intense bombing was going on inside and outside the city of Kabul. He welcomed me with a smile and said, "I told you the last time that the enemy can kill me, but they cannot capture me alive. I am still alive."

After the interview he again said, "Mark my words Hamid Mir, they can kill me anytime, but they cannot capture me alive. They can claim victory only if they get me alive but if they just capture my dead body, it will be a defeat."

"The war against the Americans will not be over even after my death. I will fight till the last bullet in my gun. Martyrdom is my biggest dream and my martyrdom will create more Osama bin Ladens."

http://www.rediff.com/news/slide-sho...e8c5799f61c62a
I hope this open's some people's eyes up about this man. He didn't want to "implement shariah law" everywhere or force people to convert to Islam, he had all the money and power in the world to live the luxury and easy life. Instead he chose the hard path, to fight back, stand up to the American's and become a Mujahedeen.

How would you react, if your country got invaded, if your sisters and wives got raped and then mercilessly killed? Under Sharia Law, Bin Laden had every right to fight back against the American oppressors. His ONLY MISTAKE, was killing innocent people.

There was nothing selfish in this man. The American's raided his home in the night, whilst he was armless - and like he said, he let them kill him but he never let them take him alive.

Minus the killing of innocents May Allah(Swt) rise more Bin Laden's in this world.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
arabianprincess
05-04-2011, 01:27 PM
I personally dont believe he exist ...I believe he was made up by the americans to make us muslims look bad and to basically make someone countable for 9/11...It was a inside job. So if osama was really real.. Do you think its gonna take them 13 years to capture a dude who lives in a cave in a mountain and hes sick.. and when they finally capture him supposedly it took them an hour to do so.... rite

Perseveranze
05-04-2011, 01:29 PM

GuestFellow
05-04-2011, 01:36 PM
^ My laptop volume does not work. Can you please explain their reaction?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ansariyah
05-04-2011, 01:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
^ My laptop volume does not work. Can you please explain their reaction?
They love Osama, dont consider him a terrorist. They consider him a Muslim leader a good man, respect him. ''He stood up for the sake of Islam, and was fighting for Islam''.

GuestFellow
05-04-2011, 01:56 PM
^ Salaam,

So basically some say he is a terrorist while others consider him to be a freedom fighter.

Perseveranze
05-04-2011, 03:17 PM
It's a split up Ummah in regards to Bin Laden. He considered himself a Mujahedeen, someone who fights in the way of Allah(Swt). He had every right to fight and use violence back.

Only thing that people are put off by is when innocents are killed and thats when they label him a terrorist instead. In his own mind, he probably doesn't see it like this, he may even regret killing innocents but brush it off as a "important sacrifice".

THe people that knew him say he was a "Good Man".

Cabdullahi
05-04-2011, 03:39 PM
Originally Posted by ronisron View Post
OK, I don't believe it because

A. It's been reported that he died a few times already. In this thread, folks have posted previous MSM articles that talk about his death, specifically one from 2001 as reported on FOX news. Not to mention Benazir Bhutto claiming he had been murdered prior to her assassination.

B. The US, even with the benefit of live video feed, etc, has changed the story surrounding the particulars of his death 3 times already. They supposedly saw it go down live at the White House, but can't get the story straight...

C. They show war dead from Iraq on the news, showed the death of Ceaucescu from Romania and wife on the news, showed Saddam's and his son's deaths on the news, Guantanamo torture photos.... but won't release photos of Osama's death, and this is the boogeyman on a par with Hitler. They blamed Muslims for 9/11 and are currently in Afghanistan committing genocide but supposedly don't want to "offend Muslim sensibilities".....

D. They suppoosedly dumped him at sea. He didn't die at sea. This does not keep with any tradition except a tradition of lying and then attempting to cover it up badly.

I hope that was more linear in your mind, and not so circular. I don't believe the story of Osama's death at the hands of Navy Seals, because it is yet another lie. That better?

LavaDog
05-04-2011, 04:06 PM
I dont beleive the offical story on bin landen at all but I dont understand how some people admire him. He was part of the CIA, they even gave him the name Tim Osman. That should be a big red flag as to what he was fighting for.

GuestFellow
05-04-2011, 05:52 PM
^ Same here. None of us met this man but some people admire him.

Perseveranze
05-04-2011, 05:54 PM
I think the majority hate him, which isn't right, because you havn't met the man as you said yourself.

GuestFellow
05-04-2011, 06:32 PM
^ Salaam

I do not hate him either. I never met him and I'm not sure whether he was behind the attacks.

جوري
05-04-2011, 06:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Perseveranze
you know I am really glad of this video.. the Afghans and Iranians I have met in the U.S weren't Muslim at all :( and I figured outside of the taliban the average afghani was in support of having foreign forces in their country to rid them of the 'terrorists' as they often paint the women beaten and the men ignorant.. seems like their average Joe is counting the days so they'd do to the americans what they have done to the russians and the british before them and so on and so on.. sob7an Allah.. I don't think Afghanistan has ever recovered from being so war torn and ravaged may Allah swt aid them against their enemies and ours..

:w:

LavaDog
05-04-2011, 07:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Perseveranze
I think the majority hate him, which isn't right, because you havn't met the man as you said yourself.

There is a lot of hate towards Bush on this site. Is that right? they never met him either, he could be one hell of a nice guy.

GuestFellow
05-04-2011, 08:03 PM
^ Some people hate him because of the Afghanistan and Iraq war.

LavaDog
05-04-2011, 08:18 PM
Some people hate him because of the Afghanistan and Iraq war.

But they never met him thats not right.

GuestFellow
05-04-2011, 08:47 PM
^ Salaam,

You do not have to meet someone to hate them. On the news, we hear about rapists, murderers and so on. We never met these people but we hate them because they have committed a violent crime against an innocent person. George Bush started two wars which resulted in thousands of innocent civilians being killed.

As for Osama, some people still doubt whether he was behind the attacks. Some Muslims admire him but have not met this man nor know much about him which does not make much sense to me.

I personally do not hate him nor do I like him. I have not met him, don't know much about him and not sure whether he was behind the attack. If he was behind the attacks, then I would hate him.

LavaDog
05-04-2011, 08:59 PM
^ Salaam,

Right, but I was just wondering if the guy I responded to would have said something similiar or not. A lot of people on this site seem to feel that disliking Osama is wrong yet most have expressed hate toward Bush when they have not met either. I just find it hypocritical.

Anas Hasan
05-04-2011, 09:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by LavaDog
There is a lot of hate towards Bush on this site. Is that right? they never met him either, he could be one hell of a nice guy.
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله

I hate him lol, and believe me more than 99% of the people in arab countries do hate him too.
Never met him, but you can know what kind of people was him; from his speaches, policy (and even his look -.-).
But for me, he is no more than a doll, and if I can say, the politics in the world is more like a movie, the main characters are the leaders, they get changed with every season but the main point of the movie is the same and no one knows the director.

But forOsama, he never said he was responsible for the 9/11 attacks, and the recorded videos of him weren't clear and some people claimed them to be fake.

You can judge (like or hate) someone from his actions and ideology, if you really know his ideology, which for Bush is obvious and for Osama is not.
I hope I've cleared my point.

والسلام عليكم ورحمة الله

LavaDog
05-04-2011, 09:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Anas Hasan
if you really know his ideology, which for Bush is obvious and for Osama is not

I agree with what you said and I do not like bush but Osama was part of the CIA that is enough for me to hate him as well. I just fund it funny when people say things like well Osama really did not mean to kill innocent people and he probably feels really bad about it. Yet they call bush a monster for the same thing. They are both just puppets no difference.

Anas Hasan
05-04-2011, 09:31 PM
Osama was part of the CIA that is enough for me to hate him.
Yet you can't know what was his intention, maybe he was using them maybe the opposite.

Perseveranze
05-04-2011, 10:02 PM
We actually know Bush from his own sources, we only know Bin Laden from American sources.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!