/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Checking our response to abuse......

Flame of Hope
05-05-2011, 12:43 AM
Responding To Abuse With Patience: A Lesson.

“Once, a person was verbally abusing Abu Bakr (may Allah be pleased with him) while the Prophet (peace be upon him) was curiously watching with a smile. After taking much abuse quietly, Abu Bakr responded to a few of his comments.
At this, the Prophet exhibited his disapproval, got up and left.

Abu Bakr caught up with the Prophet and wondered, ‘O Messenger of Allah, he was abusing me and you remained sitting. When I responded to him, you disapproved and got up.’

The Messenger of Allah responded, ‘There was an angel with you responding to him. When you responded to him, Shaytan took his place.’

He then said:‘O Abu Bakr, there are three solid truths: If a person is wronged and he forbears it (without seeking revenge) just for the sake of Allah almighty, Allah will honor him and give him the upper hand with His help; if a person opens a door of giving gifts for cementing relationships with relatives, Allah will give him abundance; and, if a person opens a door of seeking charity for himself to increase his wealth, Allah will further reduce his wealth.’”

(Musnad Ahmad)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
tigerkhan
05-05-2011, 04:27 AM
good post. i am in strong favor of being soft with ignorant ppl, i see few members got bit harsh while there was diffrence of opinion even btw muslims or non muslims, its hurt me.

Eric H
05-05-2011, 11:56 AM
Greetings and peace be with you Flame,

Thanks for sharing, very helpful.

Blessings

Eric

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!