/* */

PDA

View Full Version : what is your favorite cake and post pix pls.

جوري
05-05-2011, 12:59 AM
I am a pie/pastry kind of person..
don't know much about cakes outside of chocolate (which of course I love) but I want some ideas..

:w:

p.s yes pix are important and I'd like ethnic things too so I can learn something.. so if you're Russian or Malaysian put your favorite regional sweet/pastry/cake type item

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
LavaDog
05-05-2011, 01:12 AM
Navajo fried bread, it taste better than it looks. Makes great pastries but much better on indain tacos.

Abu Zainab
05-05-2011, 02:35 AM
I am sure you will like this. She says its a recipe she learned from Puerto Rico. It doesn't seem very hard to make either.

Ramadhan
05-05-2011, 04:34 AM
One of my favorite cakes is Indonesian "lapis legit" (or thousand layer spice cake). I dont make them myself because it takes patience.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/e...ipe/index.html

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ayesha.ansari
05-05-2011, 04:41 AM
Well i like to eat fresh cream pineapple cake on my birthday specially and black forest cake too.

جوري
05-05-2011, 04:43 AM
I am not familiar with any of those but that Indonesian one reminds me of a 'napoleon' which is also similar to Mille-feuille one of my absolute favs.

sister herb
05-05-2011, 10:25 AM
I am cake fan too and bake them quite often (maybe too often and risk my family to become overweighted). One my favourite is Swedish strawberry-white chocolate cheesecake:

Here is recipe too:

Bottom:
170 g unsalted butter
75 g pecans
170 g flour
1 tbsp powdered sugar

Melt the butter. Chop the nuts finely. Combine everything and spread into a buttered springform pan, lined with a round of parchment paper or cut out teflon sheet. (You can attempt to do this without lining, but I wouldn't dare.)

Bake at 175° for 22-25 minutes or until lightly golden. Remove and let cool completely in the pan.

Filling:
200 g cream cheese
300 g white chocolate
25 g sugar
500 ml (2 cups) heavy cream (35-40% fat)

Melt the chocolate. Mix sugar and cream cheese and add the chocolate to this. Beat the cream until it holds soft peaks - don't overbeat it. Fold in with the rest. Pour into the pan, and smooth the top. Refrigerate for at least three hours.

Topping:
500 g strawberries

Trim the strawberries to a fairly even size, and decorate the top of the cake.

Here is also website about cakes, with pictures: http://jeenaskitchen.blogspot.com/20...e-recipes.html

sister herb
05-05-2011, 10:34 AM
This is my favourite pie:

Finnish apple pie

150 g butter
3 dl wheat flour
½ dl milk

4-5 apples

½ dl sugar
1 egg
2 dl milk
1 - 2 teaspoon cinnamon

Heat oven +225 degrees (Celsius).

Mix butter and wheat flour, add milk, stir together.

Push dough onto a pie pan. Peel and core the apples, then slice them, cover the pan with the apples sciles (like in the picture).

Mix sugar, cinnamon, egg and milk, pour over the apples.

Bake in the oven for about 20 - 30 minutes.

GuestFellow
05-05-2011, 10:57 AM
:sl:

I'm not a fan of chocolate. The only cake that I really like is carrot cake:

Musalman
05-05-2011, 11:24 AM

Ingredients for Chocolate Cake Recipe

6oz Self Raising Flour
4oz Margarine
4oz Caster Sugar
80-100g Dark Chocolate
2 Medium Eggs
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
1 Large Tbsp Powdered Sugar

For the Butter Cream Filling

Butter
Powdered Sugar
1 tsp corn starch
Vanilla Essence

Attachment 4249

Reflections
05-05-2011, 06:42 PM
I'm not much of a fan of cake either to be honest, the two I do eat are :

Strawberry cheesecake

Or carrot cake:

but with a picture of bugs bunny in the middle.

جوري
05-05-2011, 06:52 PM
mmmmmm-- ever since I started this 'do you want to lose weight thread'-- I haven't satisfied my appetite for anything good in ages...
the food network whose delicious slogan is 'stay hungry' has become my best friend and worst enemy .. and my sinister intent for this thread was to look at all the pretty and delicious succulent deserts, close my eyes and concentrate that I am eating them lololol

so keep em coming.. I like to visit this thread often

Cabdullahi
05-05-2011, 06:53 PM

A somalis favorite cake....its banana

جوري
05-05-2011, 06:56 PM
^^ my mom always makes this with our left over bananas that are about to go bad, I like it for breakfast with a good cup of coffee.. it is delicious

Reflections
05-05-2011, 07:02 PM
Almost forgot...Marble cake! Chocolate and orange one..I make the best ones (if I say so myself :X;D)

جوري
05-05-2011, 07:06 PM
send some my way =)

I like things with peach jam in it too..

sister herb
05-05-2011, 07:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ
mmmmmm-- ever since I started this 'do you want to lose weight thread'-- I haven't satisfied my appetite for anything good in ages...
the food network whose delicious slogan is 'stay hungry' has become my best friend and worst enemy .. and my sinister intent for this thread was to look at all the pretty and delicious succulent deserts, close my eyes and concentrate that I am eating them lololol

so keep em coming.. I like to visit this thread often
Poor sis... :phew

جوري
05-05-2011, 07:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
Poor sis... :phew

I love those buttery soft rolls but I am waiting for the chocolaty things.. so much about cakes I don't know.. yesterday they were making a red velvet, I can't believe I have lived this long never having heard of it..

yas2010
05-05-2011, 08:14 PM
MashAllah all these yummy cakes. I have put on 20lb just by looking at them :D:D
Love em all. Would not be able to discriminate. LOL

sister herb
05-05-2011, 10:23 PM
Something chocolate then (before I go to sleep and seeing chocolate dreams):

sister herb
05-05-2011, 10:29 PM
In other section is this kind of thread

http://www.islamicboard.com/showthread.php?t=134275406

for those whose like to torture themselves by chocolate...

Revert 2010
05-05-2011, 10:41 PM
Salaam, I love Black Forest Gateau: http://www.google.co.uk/m/search?sit...orest%20gateau

Ramadhan
05-06-2011, 02:48 AM
There is this cake shop in Jakarta which I frequent to buy cakes for special occasions (and some not so special lol):

http://www.harvestcakes.com/home/

and these are my favorite cakes from the shop:

Chocolate Devil

Strawberry Cheesecake

Chocolate Decadence

Triple Chocolate

Maybe you can tell that I love chocolate lol

جوري
05-06-2011, 03:29 AM
yes I am surprised you don't have death by chocolate up there, I had that on a couple of occasions which I considered chocolate emergencies and the only good way to die really, but I survived both times :D

Ramadhan
05-06-2011, 04:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ
yes I am surprised you don't have death by chocolate up there, I had that on a couple of occasions which I considered chocolate emergencies and the only good way to die really, but I survived both times
There's actually a chocalate cafe chain in Jakarta called Death by chocolate:

Yes, they also serve death by chocolate trifle:

Tyrion
05-06-2011, 05:26 AM
I'm not really a fan of the pastries my parents get from the Afghan markets around here... But whenever someone brings up cake, I picture a chocolate cake.... With milk.... Mmmmmmm.......

Ughh, they look sooo MOIST......

sister herb
05-06-2011, 07:51 AM
Hmmm... I am planning to make some kind of cake tomorrow. Maybe I will make it by chocolate after seeing those last pictures. :p

peace_maker
05-06-2011, 11:59 AM
Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate!
Chocolate Rules!!! ;D

sister herb
05-06-2011, 01:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by peace_maker
Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate!
Chocolate Rules!!! ;D
Hmmm... seems we have here first "chocolate emergency" case. Please call to chocolate first aid unit!

Ramadhan
05-06-2011, 01:35 PM
tyrions chocolate cakes are sinfully delicious

gladTidings
05-06-2011, 02:28 PM
Oh my.

This thread is now in danger of causing fitnah =P

Back to the fairy cakes <3

sister herb
05-06-2011, 03:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by peãrl
Oh my.

This thread is now in danger of causing fitnah =P
Fitnah between diet and cakes?

:exhausted

Trumble
05-06-2011, 04:03 PM
Unfortunately I can't find a pick of the two together, but ever since I was a child I've adored a slice of ginger cake

spread with a large blob of clotted cream.

GuestFellow
05-06-2011, 04:12 PM
^ What does ginger cake taste like? :/

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-06-2011, 04:46 PM
Assalaamu Alaaykum

Although im not a big fan of cake but i would say this flavour

Its Chocolate. Though i prefer 'almost' anything in Chocolate :-\

.. peace ..

GuestFellow
05-06-2011, 04:56 PM
I find chocolate a bit sickening. It tastes nice but afterwards, I feel like throwing up.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-06-2011, 05:00 PM
^yes that happens when you consume a large amount of it or maybe you are not a Chocolate person. :skeleton:

Suprisingly any other sweet thing besides Chocolate i dont like very much only some.

Hannah.
05-06-2011, 05:36 PM
All time fave: fairy cakes!

AishaRayann
05-06-2011, 05:52 PM
well i cant post a pic to it..but this is the cake part recipe for white cake allrecipes com/Recipe/Heavenly-White-Cake/Detail.aspx

Then the Lemon Cream Cheese Icing is my own homemade recipe
1 big fresh lemon
4 ounces of plain cream cheese
1/2 cup of butter
4 cups of confectioners sugar

cut the lemon in the middle and make two halfs..squeeze lemon into seperate bowl and get a spoon to pick the seeds out
then mix all indgredients together..in a mixer..and ta-da done!

note:with the big lemon its not going to be as thick..if u want the icing thicker use a smaller lemon but a whole one.

Reflections
05-06-2011, 08:12 PM
Chocolate lamingtons! They're really nice too..they don't actually taste that chocolatey..

Ansariyah
05-06-2011, 08:55 PM
Cup'Cakes, I only eat home'made (tad bit picky)

This pic is nice!

My childhood cake, I still love it~

Dutch Apple cake (the best in the world)

Poffertjes

Flame of Hope
05-07-2011, 05:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
for those whose like to torture themselves by chocolate...
:sl:

Any other torture therapies, sister harb? :p

sister herb
05-09-2013, 05:22 PM
I found this old thread when looking for cake to my mom...

:p

Periwinkle18
05-09-2013, 05:32 PM
Don't have a pic at the mo buh my fav cake is hobnob's (that's a bakery) double chocolate fudge cake. N I like coffee cakes as well not a fan of cheese cakes buh the one which has blueberries on the top is yummy.

Ammar67
05-09-2013, 06:14 PM
Cheese cake, whether it be made from quark or cream cheese.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!