/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Eating too much.....

Flame of Hope
05-05-2011, 03:28 AM
:sl:

I read somewhere that eating too much can lead to the hardening of the heart. It is also supposed to be one of the causes of weak faith.

I've been wondering how. Any answers?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd Al-Maajid
05-05-2011, 03:34 AM
Nice strategy to blame excessive intake of food for your weak faith. :p

tigerkhan
05-05-2011, 04:23 AM
100% true.
i had personal experience about this. but this one can observe who is trying to make improvement in khusoo and khuzoo in ammals. u know i had pratice one time eating in 24 hours, 2 times in 24 hours and that was amazing expereince. if honestly i told u b4 that i had much fear from FAAQA but once i had break this fear, i feel a strange pleasure in ammals and spirituality.
but this need exercise. bcz from more than 20-30-40 years we have "habit" of eating for more than 3 times in 24 hours, so its not easy to break this. however honestly i told u this is just our habit not hunger. we have weak ROH and no spiritual power. if we got a bit level of spiritual power, then one feel that to eat 1 or 2 times in 24 hours is just easy and it has much spiritual pleasure. maybe thats the reason Prophet PBUH use to eat too less.

abdussattar
05-05-2011, 10:55 AM
The prophet has said on more than one one occasions that easting much food makes one lazy and slack in deeds.

He also said that "A believer eats in one stomach while a non-believer eats in seven"

As long as a man is full and happy, he does not care about doing amaal as much as id he were to be among those who don't get even two proper meals a day

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
al yunan
05-05-2011, 09:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Flame
:sl:
I read somewhere that eating too much can lead to the hardening of the heart. It is also supposed to be one of the causes of weak faith.
I've been wondering how. Any answers?
Walaikum Salam sister,

The prophet s.a.w Inshallah said "your stomachs are the size of your fist and should be considered as three parts, one third for food, one third for water and the last third for air." (Quote not ad verbum)
In our day and age it is a lot simpler to understand the physiological limitations of our bodies and yet we ignore them.

I though do not wish to use science to prove a Hadith as I consider it wrong.
So common sense will tell us that over-eating cant be good as it over taxes the heart.
Again common sense would tell us that if extra food is needed to make us feel good something else must be lacking. How is it we survive Ramadhan ? Is that month not enough to teach us that hunger is mostly in our minds ?

Like the brother said try and lessen your intake and spread it over more hours and witness first hand the difference.
I personally have tried to eat nothing just drink water (minimum amounts) for a whole week after which I was Alhamdulillah cured of my over eating problem.

As for the hardening of the heart, that's more of the English translation, the idiom actually refers to uncaring and then uncaring to lax Iman. The spiritual heart always being the centre of Iman.

May Allah S.W.T protects us from our Nafs.
Masalam

Chavundur
05-05-2011, 10:43 PM
Just my opinion, I think most important Sunnah is to eat in limits. There are a lot of hadiths in this respect like " Human being didn't fill something bad like his stomach ". Negative consequences of eating much on spiritual and corporeal life involve a broad range of extravagances. Almost all general ailments are related with eating habit. Personally I am trying to accustom myself eating less, I see positive effects on my concentration level and in prayers. Most terrible habit dictated by modern culture is of course eating too much and thinking less in this way.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!