/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Mom, for Everything You Do for Me!

shecy
05-05-2011, 08:06 AM
Thanks Mom, for Everything You Do for Me!
At 36, I’m still being blessed with having my mom, in my life. I have often felt a deep need for her counsel in my marriage and parenting. When I was a girl, my father was away from home about two-thirds of every year. What I learned in those days was that my mother was competent. She handled the finances, paying all the bills and dealing with the bank and creditors. It’s hard for me to think about how tough it must be being a single mother of three children. Her hard work and devotion to putting us first makes me proud to have a mom that cares so much for me. I honestly don’t think I could ever show her the appreciation she deserves. She is a very loving person has always put her family and others before herself. I have often said that I am all I am because of her, and I am only half the woman she is.

I will always be grateful to my mother for many things. The most beautiful gift my mother has ever given to me, besides the precious gift of life, is the gift of forgiveness. I am a grown woman now with two children of my own. However, when I was a teenager, I was a very self-centered girl who never thought of other people’s feelings.

One morning, I was getting ready for school and became outraged when I found out that one of my siblings had finished off my favorite cereal. I was about sixteen years old and I threw a huge tantrum, throwing things and slamming cupboards.

Instead of yelling at me, (which I deserved) she grabbed her purse to go to the store to buy me my cereal. Just as my mom pulled out of the driveway, a large van happened to be passing by. My mom did not see the vehicle, and backed right into it.

My mother received injuries to her neck and to her back. To this very day my sweet mother suffers chronic pain triggered by that accident. I have a hard time forgiving myself for being the cause of my mother’s injuries, which occurred all because I wanted my favorite cereal. My mom has forgiven me, and I know that. I love her with all of my heart, and I hope through her example I can one day forgive myself. I just wish I could take away all of the pain, too.

My mother, who I seem to have failed to thank for doing such a wonderful job raising me into the person I have become, deserves more than just a thank you. I would like to do something really nice for my mom to show her how much I love her on her special day. So, after carefully selecting, I purchased a white pearl necklace as a gift for her. My mom was absolutely thrilled with the pearl necklace. It looks gorgeous on her and she told me she already got tons of compliments when she wore it. My beloved mother, you are wonderful mother! I am proud to have you as my mother!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
marwen
05-05-2011, 10:37 AM
This is a very touching post, and a great reminder for all of us. Jazaka Allahu Khayran for sharing this story.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!