/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Isa (PBUH) and the Injil?

YM Usrah Umar
05-05-2011, 09:13 PM
i was reading the stories of the prophets (pbut) by ibn kathir and it doesnt mention how isa(as) had the injil, it mentions how he came to fulfil the torah but i thought he had the injil (bible) with him?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
05-05-2011, 09:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by YM Usrah Umar
i was reading the stories of the prophets (pbut) by ibn kathir and it doesnt mention how isa(as) had the injil, it mentions how he came to fulfil the torah but i thought he had the injil (bible) with him?
Keep in mind ibn Kathir was a commentator who did one of the most widely accepted tafsir of the Qur'an. I am not aware of any any stories of the Prophets(PBUT) by him. But, keep in mind, he was not a prophet and his stories would not be a substitute or addition to the Qur'an. They would not be the actual word of Allaah(swt). ibn Kathir would have decided to write what he considered relevant.

YM Usrah Umar
05-05-2011, 09:56 PM
ok jazaks but could u post sources about the injil plz? is ther any hadiths or quran ayahs about the true injil?

al yunan
05-05-2011, 10:10 PM
Salam brother,
I remember being taught that when Isa A.S left the world his Injil went with him. It was more than 25 years ago so I could not give any reference and I also would like to see a reference to Inshallah refresh my memory.
Masalam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
05-05-2011, 10:16 PM
The Injil is mentioned 12 times in the Qur'an. If you are using any English translation you may easily miss it as in most English Translations, Injil is translated as Gospel. Gospel is a close approximation if you stick to the true definition of Gospel meaning God's Word. We do not consider the 4 Gospels mentioned in the NT as being the Injil. Because those are alleged eye-witness reports made by men and not the Word of God(SWT)

1) It is He Who sent down to thee (step by step), in truth, the Book, confirming what went before it; and He sent down the Law (of Moses) and the Gospel (of Jesus).
( سورة آل عمران , Aal-e-Imran, Chapter #3, Verse #3)

(2) "And Allah will teach him the Book and Wisdom, the Law and the Gospel,
( سورة آل عمران , Aal-e-Imran, Chapter #3, Verse #48)

(3) Ye People of the Book! Why dispute ye about Abraham, when the Law and the Gospel Were not revealed Till after him? Have ye no understanding?
( سورة آل عمران , Aal-e-Imran, Chapter #3, Verse #65)
(
(4) And in their footsteps We sent Jesus the son of Mary, confirming the Law that had come before him: We sent him the Gospel: therein was guidance and light, and confirmation of the Law that had come before him: a guidance and an admonition to those who fear Allah.
( سورة المائدة , Al-Maeda, Chapter #5, Verse #46)

(5) Let the people of the Gospel judge by what Allah hath revealed therein. If any do fail to judge by (the light of) what Allah hath revealed, they are (no better than) those who rebel.
( سورة المائدة , Al-Maeda, Chapter #5, Verse #47)

(6) If only they had stood fast by the Law, the Gospel, and all the revelation that was sent to them from their Lord, they would have enjoyed happiness from every side. There is from among them a party on the right course: but many of them follow a course that is evil.
( سورة المائدة , Al-Maeda, Chapter #5, Verse #66)

(7) Say: "O People of the Book! ye have no ground to stand upon unless ye stand fast by the Law, the Gospel, and all the revelation that has come to you from your Lord." It is the revelation that cometh to thee from thy Lord, that increaseth in most of them their obstinate rebellion and blasphemy. But sorrow thou not over (these) people without Faith.
( سورة المائدة , Al-Maeda, Chapter #5, Verse #68)

(8) Then will Allah say: "O Jesus the son of Mary! Recount My favour to thee and to thy mother. Behold! I strengthened thee with the holy spirit, so that thou didst speak to the people in childhood and in maturity. Behold! I taught thee the Book and Wisdom, the Law and the Gospel and behold! thou makest out of clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, by My leave, and thou breathest into it and it becometh a bird by My leave, and thou healest those born blind, and the lepers, by My leave. And behold! thou bringest forth the dead by My leave. And behold! I did restrain the Children of Israel from (violence to) thee when thou didst show them the clear Signs, and the unbelievers among them said: 'This is nothing but evident magic.'
( سورة المائدة , Al-Maeda, Chapter #5, Verse #110)

(9) "Those who follow the apostle, the unlettered Prophet, whom they find mentioned in their own (scriptures),- in the law and the Gospel;- for he commands them what is just and forbids them what is evil; he allows them as lawful what is good (and pure) and prohibits them from what is bad (and impure); He releases them from their heavy burdens and from the yokes that are upon them. So it is those who believe in him, honour him, help him, and follow the light which is sent down with him,- it is they who will prosper."
( سورة الأعراف , Al-Araf, Chapter #7, Verse #157)

(10) Allah hath purchased of the believers their persons and their goods; for theirs (in return) is the garden (of Paradise): they fight in His cause, and slay and are slain: a promise binding on Him in truth, through the Law, the Gospel, and the Qur'an: and who is more faithful to his covenant than Allah. then rejoice in the bargain which ye have concluded: that is the achievement supreme.
( سورة التوبة , At-Taubah, Chapter #9, Verse #111)

(11) Muhammad is the apostle of Allah. and those who are with him are strong against Unbelievers, (but) compassionate amongst each other. Thou wilt see them bow and prostrate themselves (in prayer), seeking Grace from Allah and (His) Good Pleasure. On their faces are their marks, (being) the traces of their prostration. This is their similitude in the Taurat; and their similitude in the Gospel is: like a seed which sends forth its blade, then makes it strong; it then becomes thick, and it stands on its own stem, (filling) the sowers with wonder and delight. As a result, it fills the Unbelievers with rage at them. Allah has promised those among them who believe and do righteous deeds forgiveness, and a great Reward.
( سورة الفتح , Al-Fath, Chapter #48, Verse #29)

(12) Then, in their wake, We followed them up with (others of) Our apostles: We sent after them Jesus the son of Mary, and bestowed on him the Gospel; and We ordained in the hearts of those who followed him Compassion and Mercy. But the Monasticism which they invented for themselves, We did not prescribe for them: (We commanded) only the seeking for the Good Pleasure of Allah. but that they did not foster as they should have done. Yet We bestowed, on those among them who believed, their (due) reward, but many of them are rebellious transgressors
( سورة الحديد , Al-Hadid, Chapter #57, Verse #27)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!