/* */

PDA

View Full Version : new here, Salaams...

Scimitar
05-06-2011, 02:01 PM
Hi,

I'm from East London, and I am a Muslim. I found this site after rebuttling posts made by aethists and people from other religions, who tried to disrepute Islam on youtube...

I found a few very misleading videos claiming to be "islamic" when in fact, after careful analogy and reading between lines - I concluded that these videos were created by the enemies of Islam, posing as Muslims to spread confusion amongst the Muslims and lies to anyone else.

We see a constant misrepresentation of Islam through the media, and the general public do not believe all they see on the news but after a while, these lies and crazy ideas about Islam spread by the media - start to take root in the minds of the public. Let me give you a real life example:

A member of youtube who is not a Muslim, claims he believes nothing shown to him on the news channels and in newspapers - yet, when he posts is videos / leaves comments on videos posted by Muslims, he uses language not dissimilar to the phrases and power terms used in broadcasts... funny isn't it? scarily so...

Studies conclude that as an adult in a modern metropolitan city, you'll be exposed to over 250,000 advertising messages a day, and 2-3 of these adverts will take root in your brain, as dominant products/services that will often pop up in your head at inopportune times... ever wonder how this happens?

You may have stumbled across the subject of "subliminal advertising". In the 60's a cinema group conducted an experiment. Just before a movie was about to start in the talkie, you'd get a countdown from 10 to 1, with all sorts of fuzzy images and shapes thrown inbetween the number of frames, these images would appear just long enough for your eyes to not really register what they are straight away - but you will register it, a few seconds later - in your subconscious memory. But your conscious self won't even realise it... On with the experiment - in these split frames, this cinema group inserted frames which read "You are hungry - toffee popcorn is tasty" and in another frame "You will get thirsty - Drink Coca-Cola". then the countdown finished off - and more than half of the cinema going public who were in that screen, got up and left for the foyer - where they proceeded to order toffee popcorn and coca-cola...coincidence? no...

Subliminal advertising was banned shortly afterwards apparently... but was it? Maybe subliminal advertising was banned - but throwing subliminal messages out there - in documentaries, reports, studies, etc... hmmm, this leaves a scope to exploit. I have found videos and seen reports on TV that leave me with thoughts that conflict with my inner Muslim soul. I can recognise that something is trying to plant an idea which goes against my fundamental beliefs. And once I recognise this, I try to battle this intrusive thought out of my mind... anyone else had a similar experience?

I have been coming top this forum for a while and decided to join a few weeks ago because I found the topics discussed, and the friendly, mature vibe of this forum - a place to discuss/debate ideas with intelligence, and careful study. I also found that there are many non-Muslim members here too, which is encouraging - because they are intelligent and can debate without resorting to troll-talk... Well done, to all non-Muslims on this site who have helped to promote cross faith understanding, and not resort to trolling once they find they can't answer a specific point or issue. I don't know if other sites like this exist, but for the moment - I think I will be happy here, Insha-Allah. Amin.

Brother Scimitar
(dispelling the lies of modern day living with a tongue so sharp, it swathes a through myth like a sword for truth...)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zafran
05-06-2011, 02:03 PM
salaam

welcome to the forum

peace

Asiyah3
05-06-2011, 03:20 PM
:sl:

Welcome. Hope you enjoy and benefit from the forum insha'Allah.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-06-2011, 04:48 PM
Wa Alaaykum As'salaam

Welcome to the forum!

Hope you enjoy your stay here and benefit yourself insha'Allaah...

.. peace ..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Scimitar
05-06-2011, 11:42 PM
Thank you for your welcoming words. I'm all smiles.

hey, I do have a question though - I can't seem to access my profile page. Apparently I don't have permission for that. ^o) So um, what the dilio?

Salaam.

Bintulislam
05-07-2011, 01:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
Hi,

I'm from East London, and I am a Muslim. I found this site after rebuttling posts made by aethists and people from other religions, who tried to disrepute Islam on youtube...

I found a few very misleading videos claiming to be "islamic" when in fact, after careful analogy and reading between lines - I concluded that these videos were created by the enemies of Islam, posing as Muslims to spread confusion amongst the Muslims and lies to anyone else.

We see a constant misrepresentation of Islam through the media, and the general public do not believe all they see on the news but after a while, these lies and crazy ideas about Islam spread by the media - start to take root in the minds of the public. Let me give you a real life example:

A member of youtube who is not a Muslim, claims he believes nothing shown to him on the news channels and in newspapers - yet, when he posts is videos / leaves comments on videos posted by Muslims, he uses language not dissimilar to the phrases and power terms used in broadcasts... funny isn't it? scarily so...

Studies conclude that as an adult in a modern metropolitan city, you'll be exposed to over 250,000 advertising messages a day, and 2-3 of these adverts will take root in your brain, as dominant products/services that will often pop up in your head at inopportune times... ever wonder how this happens?

You may have stumbled across the subject of "subliminal advertising". In the 60's a cinema group conducted an experiment. Just before a movie was about to start in the talkie, you'd get a countdown from 10 to 1, with all sorts of fuzzy images and shapes thrown inbetween the number of frames, these images would appear just long enough for your eyes to not really register what they are straight away - but you will register it, a few seconds later - in your subconscious memory. But your conscious self won't even realise it... On with the experiment - in these split frames, this cinema group inserted frames which read "You are hungry - toffee popcorn is tasty" and in another frame "You will get thirsty - Drink Coca-Cola". then the countdown finished off - and more than half of the cinema going public who were in that screen, got up and left for the foyer - where they proceeded to order toffee popcorn and coca-cola...coincidence? no...

Subliminal advertising was banned shortly afterwards apparently... but was it? Maybe subliminal advertising was banned - but throwing subliminal messages out there - in documentaries, reports, studies, etc... hmmm, this leaves a scope to exploit. I have found videos and seen reports on TV that leave me with thoughts that conflict with my inner Muslim soul. I can recognise that something is trying to plant an idea which goes against my fundamental beliefs. And once I recognise this, I try to battle this intrusive thought out of my mind... anyone else had a similar experience?

I have been coming top this forum for a while and decided to join a few weeks ago because I found the topics discussed, and the friendly, mature vibe of this forum - a place to discuss/debate ideas with intelligence, and careful study. I also found that there are many non-Muslim members here too, which is encouraging - because they are intelligent and can debate without resorting to troll-talk... Well done, to all non-Muslims on this site who have helped to promote cross faith understanding, and not resort to trolling once they find they can't answer a specific point or issue. I don't know if other sites like this exist, but for the moment - I think I will be happy here, Insha-Allah. Amin.

Brother Scimitar
(dispelling the lies of modern day living with a tongue so sharp, it swathes a through myth like a sword for truth...)

Assalamu Alaikum Br!

WOW!that was pretty much about advertisement techniques.

Welcome to IB...you know what the profile page would open up-may be after you start posting.When I came here new,I was so baffled by the way some things would be accessible and many wouldn't be-but I have found it always something to do with the postings. There you go.But may be you should ask some of the admins.There's a helpdesk here.

Ramadhan
05-07-2011, 07:54 AM
Welcome to the forum and may you have enjoyable and beneficial stay.

hey, I do have a question though - I can't seem to access my profile page. Apparently I don't have permission for that. So um, what the dilio?
Once you hit 50 posts, you will find treasures of things you are allowed to do :)

Scimitar
05-07-2011, 11:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bintulislam
Assalamu Alaikum Br!

WOW!that was pretty much about advertisement techniques.
Yes, it was - and about subliminal messaging... I studied it. And I also work in the field of marketing/advertising so i am well aware of the power of subliminal messaging. However I did forget to make a point, which I will make here.

Subliminal messaging interferes with your brain waves and turns the "desire" dial up to 10. Now, considering that all this goes on in your subconscious - you must also take into account that in this state, your subconscious forgets Zikr (remembrance of Allah) and weakens the resolve of Muslims, as material wealth starts to worm its way into our psyches... There is a very simple method to stop this from happening, very simple - and very beneficial. Just do Zikr whilst you are commuting in areas where there is heavy advertsing... that's all.

Also, thanks for the headsup my brothers. I guess I have to work my way up the ranks before I get full priveleges. :statisfie ... Shukran.

Salaam

al yunan
05-07-2011, 12:53 PM
Assalamu Alaikum brother Scimitar,
Welcome to IB and I hope you stay will be beneficial to you and us,
There is one word in Islam that covers all you descibed "Fitnah" as I'm sure you know it's inescapable.
You're obviously smart enough to recognise some of it as you mentioned, but unfortunately millions of our brothers and sisters fall victim to the Fitnah of the Internet and the Media.
I'm thrilled to read in your post that you've taken the sword to fight Fitnah, you write about Dhikr, it reminds me of Umar r.a. who said "Thoughts about people is a disease and thoughts (Dhikr) of Allah S.W.T is the cure".
May Allah S.W.T grant you the wisdom and strenght to fullfil your quest.
Masalam

PS: Great choice of avatar ! great minds think...............

Haya emaan
05-07-2011, 02:01 PM
assalam aolaikum
welcom to the forum..
INSHALLAH you will enjoy ur stay and your participation will be very beneficial for us
there is lots of things to learn here..

Woodrow
05-07-2011, 02:30 PM
:sl:

Welcome to the forums. We are pleased you have found and chose to join us. May we gain from your presence and you gain from being here.

Bintulislam
05-07-2011, 03:24 PM
Yes, it was - and about subliminal messaging... I studied it. And I also work in the field of marketing/advertising so i am well aware of the power of subliminal messaging. However I did forget to make a point, which I will make here.

Subliminal messaging interferes with your brain waves and turns the "desire" dial up to 10. Now, considering that all this goes on in your subconscious - you must also take into account that in this state, your subconscious forgets Zikr (remembrance of Allah) and weakens the resolve of Muslims, as material wealth starts to worm its way into our psyches... There is a very simple method to stop this from happening, very simple - and very beneficial. Just do Zikr whilst you are commuting in areas where there is heavy advertsing... that's all.

Also, thanks for the headsup my brothers. I guess I have to work my way up the ranks before I get full priveleges. :statisfie ... Shukran.

Salaam
Impressive again br.And dhikr is definitely one thing that protects the hearts and cleans them up.You might wanna check this poster.

http://fotos.fotoflexer.com/ae163e64...ae206bc5a6.jpg

Scimitar
05-07-2011, 03:51 PM
Salaam. I checked the link. It corresponds with my own findings so yeah man +1

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!