/* */

PDA

View Full Version : This Message is to You O Concealed Jewel, O Protected Rose !

Reflections
05-06-2011, 02:59 PM
AsSalaamu Aalaykum WarahmatAllah Wabarakatuh

It is to you, the Cultivator of Generations, Producer of Great Men.

I will point out in it some of what Islam requires of the individual and the society concerning the rights of women .....

1. Have you seen the Jewel? Why is it that the people love it while it is simply a piece of stone? It is because it is not so easy to see it, nor can you touch it except by paying an exorbitant price. Similar is the case of the woman – it is forbidden for a man to see her or touch her, in order that he does not dishonor her. She is like an untouched (pure) jewel, which is affected by the least touch.

2. Have you seen how a rose wilts, withers, and loses it luster and beauty if it is touched too much. Likewise, the woman is not allowed to be touched except by one in a lawful relationship of marriage. And whoever attempts to touch her – unlawfully – will earn a severe punishment or death.

3. Do you know the punishment for one who violates the marriage trust and cheats on his wife? The penalty is death, since he has fallen short in regards to the jewel which is with him, in addition to transgressing the rights of others.

4. Have you seen a jewel searching for a person (to possess it)? The same is the case of the women, like a precious jewel, she is the one who is sought out, not the seeker. It is incumbent upon the man to seek her hand. And if she agrees to marry him, then he will present to her a marriage dowry and something from his wealth.

5. Consider the Ruler or Head of State – if every one were able to speak to him directly and sit in his presence, he wouldn't be held in awe, nor possess the same prestige and status amongst the people that he has. Similarly, the woman is like a noble Queen. It is not the right of every person to speak to her directly or sit in her presence; this is something allowed to the select few.

6. The Supreme Being has created the male strong of body in order that he may go out and earn his livelihood, even in difficult circumstances. This is so that he may serve the women and children of his family. As for the woman, she has been created gentle, soft and sensitive, so that she may cultivate the future generations. The man goes out and works with the natural elements, while the woman deals with the human being (raising the children).

7. What do you think would happen if a lion and gazelle were placed together in one place? Is it possible for them to co-exist? Obviously not! Likewise, it is of necessity that the man be separated from the woman, in the interest of the woman. She is beautiful, attractive and weak. Hence, the strong will overcome her and devour her and violate her chastity – even if she were not willing.

8. The woman who performs work equal to the work of a man is entitled to – and is given – the same salary as the man.

9. The woman is allowed to work in any occupation, which she is capable of, as long as it is in consonance with the nature of her delicate physique.

10. The woman – like man - is addressed in the divine revelation with responsibilities for which she - like man - is equally rewarded.

11. The woman is excused from certain religious ceremonies and obligations during her post-child birth and menstrual periods, since these conditions are a cause of weakness and hence, she is in need of rest and relaxation.

12. If a woman dies while giving birth to a child, she is rewarded with the highest station in Paradise.

13. The person who is killed while defending his mother, wife, daughter or sister will be rewarded with the highest station in Paradise.

14. It is permissible for a woman to seek a separation from her husband if he has failed to fulfill her marital rights.

15. Is there anything more valuable to the human being than his life? Indeed, the honor and dignity of women is more valuable, precious and important to the Muslim than his own life.

16. It is permissible for the woman to remarry – whomever she desires – if he is divorced from her husband or widowed.

17. If a woman possesses wealth, she is free to use it in any lawful way, without permission of anyone [father, husband or others].

18. The woman has the right to the inheritance of her relative – at the time of his death – even if he does not desire that she receive it.

19. It is obligatory upon the man to spend his wealth for the maintenance – housing, food, etc. – of those under his care including his mother, wife or daughter, even if he doesn't desire to do so.

20. The mother has been given preference over the father – three times over – concerning their right to kindness and benevolence from their children.

22. Whoever truly desires paradise – Know that paradise lies at the feet of the mother, for the one who pleases her.

23. Whoever has daughters and treats them well – they will be a cause of him being screened from the hell-fire.

23. If a man kills a woman intentionally, he no longer deserves to live and will be killed, even if the victim was his wife.

24. The Messenger of Allah – Blessings of Allah and Peace be Upon him – advised concerning the woman: Treat the women well. He also said: The best of you are those who are the best in the treatment of their wives.He also said: No one honours the woman except an honourable man. And no one humiliates her or holds her in contempt except one who is evil, vile, wicked and depraved.

With these words I address you – as someone of intelligence: Is there any greater Honour than this?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-06-2011, 03:17 PM
^Subhaan'Allaah indeed not!

Amazing and Jazakallaahu Khaair for sharing uktee.

Insaanah
05-09-2011, 01:08 PM
:sl:

Beautiful article sister. JazaakiAllah khayr for sharing.

format_quote Originally Posted by Bint Abi
He also said: No one honours the woman except an honourable man. And no one humiliates her or holds her in contempt except one who is evil, vile, wicked and depraved.
Do you know which hadeeth this is from?

:sl:

Haya emaan
05-09-2011, 04:06 PM
JazakAllah khair for sharing such beautiful words

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Perseveranze
05-09-2011, 04:24 PM
I agree.

Here's some more Hadiths regarding;

A giver of maintenance to widows and the poor, is lke a bestower in the way of God, an utterer of prayers all the night, and a keeper of constant fast.

Admonish your wives with kindness.

A Muslim must not hate his wife; and if he be displeased with one bad quality in her, then let him be pleased with another that is good.

I (Muaviyah b. Haidah) said, "O Apostle of God! What is my duty to my wife?" He said, "That you give her to eat as you eat yourself, and clothe her as you clothe yourself; and do not slap her in the face nor abuse her, nor separate yourself from her in displeasure.

Muhammad said, "Beat not your wives." Then Omar came to the Rasul (Muhammad) and said, "Wives have got the upper hand from hearing this."

He is the most perfect Muslim whose disposition is best; and the best of you are they who behave best to their wives.

Women are the twin halves of men.

The world and all things in it are valuable; but the most valuable thing in the world is a virtuous woman.

Verily a great number of women are assembled near my family, complaining of their hubands; and those men who ill-treat their wives do not behave well. He is not of my way who teacheth a woman to stray.

Whoever doeth good to women, it will be a curtain to him from hell-fire.

Whoever hath a daughter, and doth not bury her alive or scold her, or prefer his male children to her, may God bring him into Paradise.

Shall I not point out to you the best of virtues? It is your doing good to your daughter when she is returned to you having been divorced by her husband.

God enjoins you to treat women well, for they are your mothers, daughters, aunts.

The rights of women are sacred. See that women are maintained in the rights assigned to them.

It's incredibly sad that baby females were once buried alive to "save honor". I remember the Hadith where someone confessed this to Prophet Muhammad(pbuh), this was after he reverted to Islam. The Prophet began to weep, it was described that tears were flowing right down to his beard and dripping, the Prophet(pbuh) turned around and said; "Had Allah(swt) allowed me to punish people for crimes commited before accepting Islam, I would've started with you.".

Oh and here's one of my favourites;

Abu Huraira reported that a person came to Allah, 's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and said: Who among the people is most deserving of a fine treatment from my hand? He said: Your mother. He again said: Then who (is the next one)? He said: Again it is your mother (who deserves the best treatment from you). He said: Then who (is the next one)? He (the Holy Prophet) said: Again, it is your mother. He (again) said: Then who? Thereupon he said: Then it is your father.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!