/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone please clarify (ahadith on dogs)?

Talib Al-Din
05-07-2011, 04:29 PM
السلام عليكم

As I said earlier, I have been studying Islam for many years and I believe in every single one of its teachings up until now... but sometimes I stumble upon ahadith which I really cannot neither understand nor believe. What about all these ahadith about dogs? What about the one which relates that Muhammad order all the dogs near him to be killed so that Jibreel could come and visit him? How could a Prophet ever have so much hatred towards a creation of Allah? For example, pork is clearly haraam in Islam but, up to my limited knowledge, there is no hadith stating that Muhammad ordered all the pigs to be killed. I understand the reasons why pork is not allowed, and I abide by the rule. But I have no hatred towards pigs whatsoever, for they are part of Allah's creation.

I know that some ahadith are weak, and that some other are fabricated... What about the ones relating about dogs? Can you imagine how a Prophet could have so much hatred towards a part of Allah's creation?

السلام عليكم

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ghazalah
05-07-2011, 07:35 PM
:sl:

Let's get one thing straight inshAllah, hate is a very strong word, yet it is used so carelessly. The Prophet did not hate a creation of Allah. You're saying this based on what? Your own interpenetration of the hadith. Moving on, look at the reason behind this, dogs are impure, if you were to touch the dogs saliva or if it were to come on your clothes you would need to wash your self/clothes seven times. Now this hadith you're talking about, is it authentic? Please do post it instead of paraphrasing it.

al yunan
05-07-2011, 07:56 PM
Walaikum Assalam brother Talib,

For most Muslims it's usual to start off following a Mathab and once we understand the principles we look to understand the other Mathabs to get a better understanding of Islam.
For those with the ability can continue to learn and understand as Fiqh is a life long pursuit of knowledge.
When one has a firm and all around understanding of Islam then one can look into realm of "strange" or unusual Ahadith.

If like me you have a "western" upbringing a lot of Ahadith sound Weird.
I almost left Islam about 23 years ago Because of such a Hadith it goes like this "If a fly lands in your food and it's wing touches it then make sure to make the other side touch it as well by dunking it, for the one wing carries the sickness and the other the cure" (not ad verbum)
I felt outraged at such a ridiculous statement and planed to tell my coreligionists good buy.
About an hour later I was reading a Newsweek article about a French scientist who discovered that the fly has pustules under it's belly that carry antibodies.
I quickly run back to my room and prayed to Allah S.W.T to forgive me and since then I say nothing no matter how strange something sound until I investigate it further.
The next day by the way I was given a free trip to Madina which also happened to be Maulid Nabi.

So brother trust not your mind keep your heart open and have patience for many are the tests in life but of course be always alert to fake Hadith that circulate and always check the source and who is the compiler and ask those whom you trust and are experienced.

May Allah S.W.T guide you to the truth and give you peace of heart.
Masalam

Chavundur
05-07-2011, 08:27 PM
Talib Al-Din, I don't have exact answer but I have to say that, You have to consider some extraordinary circumstances, like epidemics, and in this respect dog is very dangerous especially in those ages., I read hadith in Turkish and following order of Rasulullah is to stop killing dogs. I hope brothers will give you straight answers. Here another hadith will give you a perspective.

Buhari. Book 021, Number 4813:
Ibn 'Abbas reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) having said this: Do not make anything having life as a target.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Perseveranze
05-07-2011, 11:11 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum,

My brother, this video is made for you. Watch it.

Inshallah you benefit from this video.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!