/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is it Possible?

Jalal~
05-08-2011, 12:47 AM
So ive heard sometimes when you do sins, you lose all your good deeds, sometimes you are cursed by Allah or Prophet Muhammad (Peace and Blessing be upon him); when you sin, basically your heart hardens up and you end up sinning more.
The question is:
Is it possible to reverse these effects? To lose the curse of Allah or Prophet Muhammad (Peace and Blessing be upon him)? To soften up the heart? To quit sinning forever? I know its hard for people to stop completely sinning, but i just find it hard to be consistent, and stop sinning and maintaining my five prayers and reading quran each day. sometimes i feel like im doing all i can and that im possibly ready for Heaven, but then i end up sinning and crashing a week or two later. So Please, does anyone have any advice on how to be Consistent and quit sinning and keep up with my prayers easily? Jazakallah Khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
05-08-2011, 01:01 AM
:sl:

If you are Human, you will always sin. Probably many times in a very short period of time. We human's are very weak. which is why we must always be grateful that Allaah(swt) is all Merciful.

All we can and need do is understand we do sin. Identify and repent for our sins and do our best to stop sinning. With age some of us get a little better at avoiding sins, but even the oldest among us has sufficient sins to make him unworthy of Jannah. But, we can and do know Allaah(swt) understands, forgives endlessly and has perfect mercy. The one in greatest danger of hellfire is often the one who believes he does not sin.

Jalal~
05-08-2011, 02:23 AM
Jazakallah khair thats very helpful information
may Allah grant us all Paradise.
by the way, do you know why i am still a limited member, and how i could upgrade to moderator or anything else?

Woodrow
05-08-2011, 02:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by halalmeat4free
Jazakallah khair thats very helpful information
may Allah grant us all Paradise.
by the way, do you know why i am still a limited member, and how i could upgrade to moderator or anything else?

One step at a time. The new members are limited members until after they have made 50 posts. It seems like a long time, but we all have gone through having to do the same. If memory serves me right it seems that when I joined we had to have 100 posts before being Full members. Although it is a moot point as I am retired and often have much time to be on the computer.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Innocent Soul
05-08-2011, 02:32 AM
After you get 50 posts you will become a full member. Also you cannot reply to Advice and Support sections unless you get 300 posts and join Gender rooms.

ahmed_indian
05-13-2011, 02:40 PM
wa alaikum salaam,

if a person repents, He forgives us. you can read Quran translation, hadiths, prophet's and sahabas bio, be with good frnds, think abt Allah and next life, etc to be consistent.

and duas of course...inshallah u'll succeed.

Jalal~
05-15-2011, 01:53 AM
Jazakallah Khair Ahmed

Hamza Asadullah
05-15-2011, 11:25 PM
So ive heard sometimes when you do sins, you lose all your good deeds, sometimes you are cursed by Allah or Prophet Muhammad (Peace and Blessing be upon him); when you sin, basically your heart hardens up and you end up sinning more.
The question is:
Is it possible to reverse these effects? To lose the curse of Allah or Prophet Muhammad (Peace and Blessing be upon him)? To soften up the heart? To quit sinning forever? I know its hard for people to stop completely sinning, but i just find it hard to be consistent, and stop sinning and maintaining my five prayers and reading quran each day. sometimes i feel like im doing all i can and that im possibly ready for Heaven, but then i end up sinning and crashing a week or two later. So Please, does anyone have any advice on how to be Consistent and quit sinning and keep up with my prayers easily? Jazakallah Khair
Asalaamu Alaikum,

Jazakallahu khayr for your question my brother for it is apparent that you are wanting to fulfill your obligations to Allah and get closer to him as you clearly realise your death is near and life is short.

With regards to the forgiveness of sins then Know that Allah's mercy, compassion and forgiveness are all encompassing and his mercy is one of his most important and significant qualities of the almighty in the Qur’an, as well as in the saying and teachings of Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh).

In a Hadith Qudsi Allah states:

"O son of Adam, as long as you call upon Me and put your hope in Me, I have forgiven you for what you have done and I do not mind. O son of Adam, if your sins were to reach the clouds of the sky and then you would seek My forgiveness, I would forgive you. O son of Adam, if you were to come to Me with sins that are close to filling the earth and then you would meet Me without ascribing any partners with Me, I would certainly bring to you forgiveness close to filling it."

In this Hadithi Qudsi, Allah gives hope to mankind more than any other narration. It displays the quality and attribute of Allahs mercy. Indeed, He is ar-Rahman, the Most Compassionate, and ar-Raheem, the Most Merciful. In this Hadithi Qudsi, Allah tells man of the greatness of His forgiveness and mercy so that no one would despair due to the amount of sins he may have committed. This is supported by the following verse of the Holy Quran:

Say: O My servants who have transgressed against their own souls, despair not of the mercy of Allah. Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Truly, He is Most Forgiving, Most Merciful. (Surah az-Zumar 39:53)

Approximately 113 chapters of the Holy Qur’an begin with: "In the name of Allah the Most-Compassionate; the Most-Merciful".

When supplicating, one should truly seek Allahs aid and His forgiveness and demonstrate his need for Allah and submit to Him with fear and hope in receiving the desired response. Allah advises in Surat al-Araaf 7:56:

And invoke Him in fear and aspiration (of hope). Indeed, the mercy of Allah is near to those who do good.

Indeed, no one despairs of relief from Allah except the disbelieving people. (Surah Yusuf 12:87)

One must be hopeful of Allahs mercy and forgiveness and fearful of His punishment. It is this fear that should lead one to seek Allahs forgiveness with hope. Allah says:

Know that Allah is severe in punishment and that Allah is Forgiving and Merciful. (Surat al-Maaidah 5:98)

These are constant reminders to all who read the Qur’an of the great mercy, compassion and forgiveness of almighty Allah. So do not despair for whatever wrongs we have done if we repent sincerely with the intention to NEVER commit the sin again then surely Allah the most merciful will forgive us.

But know that we must balance having hope for his forgiveness and fear that he may not forgive us our sins or accept our deeds. This balance will help keep us on our toes so that we are ever trying to gain his forgiveness and wanting our good deeds accepted all of the time rather than being satisfied that he will forgive us and our accept our deeds.

So whenever you trip and sin then stop immediatley and repent and cry to your lord for mercy and forgiveness and replace the sins with good deeds. We must NEVER lose hope and give in for that is what our sworn enemy shaythan wants.

We need to realise is that Shaythan is always wanting to divert our attention and focus away from our real purpose in life. Therefore we have to continuously remind ourselves as to why we are here and what is our REAL purpose is on this earth. Have we been created to study, work, get married, have kids and then die? Well you could say that this is part of what we have to do in our lives on this earth but Almighty Allah tells us the sole purpose of our creation:

"I have created the jinn and humankind only for My worship" The Holy Qur'an, Chapter 51, Verse 56

What is the greatest form of worship to Allah? The answer is: Salaah!

Salaah is the second pillar of Islam and is the most important act of worship after the Shahada (decleration of faith).

It is the first question we will be asked as Muslims in the hereafter as to whether or not we fulfilled our Salaah or not. Therefore it is the most important act of worship that has been ordained to mankind.

So until our very last breath we should know what our priorities are and focus on fulfilling all of our Salaah as it is the very purpose of our creation.

Shaythan is very well aware that Salaah is our biggest obligation and so therefore is forever trying to divert mans attention away from fulfilling this obligation to Allah.

He whispers every excuse possible into our eyes and unfrotunatley a lot of the times we fall victim to his whispers.

Unfortunatley a lot of us are "Eid Muslims" as in we pray every Eid but what we don't realise is that Eid is only Waajib(compulsory) and not even Fard(obligatory) even though waajib is close to Fard but do yuo see the point? We are Muslims twice a year and the rest of the year just Muslims by name.

The there are the "Ramadan Muslims" who are just Muslims in Ramadan. They will make the effort to pray in Ramadan and even make the effort to pray Tarawee but the day Eid comes then Eid Salaah is the last Salaah they will read until next Ramadan.

There are also MANY of us who are "Jummah Muslims" who are only Muslims for Friday prayers and the rest of the week are only Muslims by name. We chase this world as if we will be here forever but what we don't realise is that NOTHING that we chase in this world will be of any good to us in the hereafter. So are we chasing after the wrong thing? Should we not be chasing after the hereafter?

I'm not saying don't do anything for this world because obviously we have been created to earn our sustanaince with our own hands but where should we put most of our efforts into? Where do investors make their investments? In long term or short term gains? Obviously long term gains. So using this analogy let us think where we should most of our investment into. If we compare where we will spend more time then is it in this world or hereafter? Obviously the hereafter because the hereafter is forever whereas this world can end for us ANY moment.

Therefore we MUST put most of our efforts into investing good deeds into the hereafter for that is what will truly benefit us FOREVER and the gains of this world will only benefit us for a very short while because we will not be able to take our wealth with us. We will leave EVERYTHING we have invested into this world here. So we can work SO hard all of our lives but then we can die the next day and all that would have gone to waste.

Many of us have also become "Convenience Muslims" as in we only pray when it suits us best or "when we have time". We must leave this concept of only being Muslims for Eid, or in Ramadan, Jummah or convenience whenever it suits us best.

There is NO such thing as being a part time Muslim. We CANNOT be Muslims when we want to be now and again. We CANNOT be Muslims only by name and not action. Therefore let us be proper Muslims and be proud of the fact that we are Muslims and that we have been given imaan but if we neglect our imaan then we may risk losing it and destroying ourselves.

Allah tells us In the Qur'an to enter fully into our deen and not partly:

O believers enter into Islam completely and do not follow the footsteps of Shaitan, surely he is your clear-cut enemy. If you falter after receiving the clear-cut message, then keep in mind that Allah is Mighty, Wise. Are they waiting for Allah to come down to them in the shadow of clouds, along with the angels, and make His decision known? Ultimately all matters will be presented to Allah for decision. (Surah Al-Baqara, Ayah 208-210)

Allah does not expect us to be perfect angels but he will judge us on what efforts we made throughout our lives. When you hear a person say "I try to read Salaah or i try to do what i can". Do you think they are really trying? Or are they just saying they are and decieving themselves? If we really tried we can do anything.

We can decieve ourselves but we cannot decieve Allah. Allah knows us better than we know ourselves and he knows what we are capable of and praying 5 times a day is not impossible for any of us.

If we calculate how long it would take to pray 5 times a day then you could sum it upto around 40 minutes a day. Now there are 1440 minutes in a day and 40 minutes out of 1440 of our day is ONLY 3% of a day and we still can't manage that? Many of us spend that much time eating, excreting or in front of a mirror and we can't even spend it praying and fulfilling the very purpose of our creation? We spend hours on end in front of the television or listening to Music or playing our playing the latest play station games or seeing who's poked us on facebook but we can't spend a few minutes praying to the one who has given us EVERYTHING we can possible imagine and far more? We are truly at loss!

Many of us work full time jobs having to work almost everyday of the year having to get up at early hours in order to do so. If we can do this then can't we pray Salaah 5 times a day for a few short minutes that it takes to pray them? If we really did try then we would not fail in praying our 5 prayers but we decieve ourselves and we end up wasting our lives decieving ourselves and then regret it later on when it is too late! Let us not be of those who will regret it forever!

So let us internalise these changes in our heads and immerse ourselves into our beautiful way of life. I'm not saying that we should become saints overnight but what i am saying is that we should at least fulfill our obligations to Allah and that is to establish our 5 times prayers and to keep away from that which Allah has forbidden. If we can't pray the Sunnah and Nafil then we MUST at least pray the Fard as a minimum.

Rather than moulding our life around our Salaah we mould our Salaah around our life so whenever we are sitting around at home then we decide to pray.

We must remember that it is an act of kufr(disbelief) to neglect the Salaah beyond its correct time and this is for missing one Salaah but how many Salaah do we continuously miss day in and day out? Some scholars even say missing Salaah intentionally takes one out of the fold of Islam. This is how serious missing Salaah really is!

Rasulallah (Sallallahu Alaihu Wasallam) said: "What lies between a man and disbelief is the abandonment of prayer." (Muslim)

It is a major sin to miss even one prayer and leaving even one Salaah without a valid excuse is said to cause one to spend tens of thousands of years in Jahannam and on top of that every Salaah missed is VAST rewards missed out which we will never be able to gain back.

Therefore it is incumbant on us that we fulfil ALL of our Salaah and not make excuses as to why we cannot fulfill it because Islam has been made easy for us but it is us who makes it hard upon ourselves and because of the amount of sins that we committ we find it hard to do even simple acts of worship.

Allah has made it so easy for us so let us not make it hard for ourselves and let us not listen to the lame excuses that shaythan and our desires gives us.

Let us not waste a second more for death can approach us at ANY moment and believe me death does not wait for ANYONE! It comes not a second ahead or before its appointed time and if our Salaah is not right then surely we are doomed to destruction.

So let us fulfill our very purpose in this life which is to worship Allah. We need to keep reminding ourselves of death and the hereafter and also the greatness of Allah. We need to always remember our time is too short and can go at any second. So let us never leave another Salah and when we pray then let us imagine we can see Allah and he is watching us pray so it is best to learn the meanings of what we are praying in our Salaah.

In regards to waking up for Fajr Salaah then you must take the following steps:

1. Try to sleep as early as possible if you do not need to do anything imortant after Isha Salaah because the earlier you sleep the easier it will be to wake up for Fajr

2. Try not to have any heavy meals in the evening as this will make it harder for you to wake up for Fajr

3. Try to encourage your family to also wake up for Fajr and tell them of the importance of Salaah as well as the fact that it is the purpose of our creation. If your family wakes up for Fajr then it will also be easier for you as they would also wake you up. If one or two of your family members do wake up for Fajr then tell them to also wake you up.

4. Make firm intention in your heart that you will wake up for Fajr no matter what and ask of Allah in your dua to make it easy for you to wake up for Fajr prayer.

5. Put on two or even three alarms and put them on 5 minutes apart and put them in places in your room where you know it will be a struggle getting to them. This way you will have to be wide awake to get to the alarms. As there will be three of them this will prevent you going back to bed again.

6. Most importantly when you awaken for Fajr then do NOT say to yourself i'll lay for a bit and then get up. This is the biggest trick of shaythan to make us fall asleep and miss Fajr prayer. As soon as the eyes are open then go straight to the bathroom.

Here are some very beneficial lectures which you should listen to, to increase your imaan and fear of Allah:

Remembrance: ask Allah for his forgiveness

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-EK9r3rMzQ

AMAZING short speech -"The Goodly Life"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fugf1DcNyc

Angel of Death!!! - Sheikh Ahmed Ali

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUzRJXlB2uA

HARD HITTING Lecture on HELLFIRE & the Day of JUDGEMENT! يوم القيامة والجحيم

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0O6L_fBk7VM

Sheikh Ahmad Ali - Hellfire Talk Part 1/3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWTehIeCOUU

Sheikh Ahmad Ali - Hellfire Talk Part 2/3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXTtk7rWx_U

Sheikh Ahmad Ali - Hellfire Talk Part 3/3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmiD86w9fBc

Islam - Punishment of the Grave by Sheikh Riyadh ul Haq

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWb-hYIm2WE

Death and the Grave by Murtaza Khan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r2nzJVecqo

How can we not appreciate what we have after watching this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkEBUC0APMg[/QUOTE]

If you need help, advice or anything at all then please do not hesitate to ask. Please remember me in your duas.

and Allah knows best in all matters

Jalal~
05-17-2011, 01:41 AM
hey man, Jazakallah Khair for this very in-depth answer to my question; i'll make sure to spread this beneficial knowledge around to friends and family, its very good! Its going to help others and me a lot in the long run. Dont forget to remember me in your duas as well =) Thanks again: May Allah grant us Paradise.
Wa Alaikum Mussalam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatu

Hamza Asadullah
05-17-2011, 03:44 AM
hey man, Jazakallah Khair for this very in-depth answer to my question; i'll make sure to spread this beneficial knowledge around to friends and family, its very good! Its going to help others and me a lot in the long run. Dont forget to remember me in your duas as well =) Thanks again: May Allah grant us Paradise.
Wa Alaikum Mussalam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatu

I will definatley make dua for you my brother and you do the same for me.

Have a read of these threads which you will find very beneficial and pass then on to:

30 ways the youth should spend everyday of their lives!

http://www.islamicboard.com/showthread.php?t=134294987

This may change your life FOREVER!

http://www.islamicboard.com/showthread.php?t=134296535

10 Steps to Increasing our Iman(Faith)

http://www.islamicboard.com/showthread.php?t=134290404

10 steps to getting closer to Allah

http://www.islamicboard.com/showthread.php?t=134292389

Have You Ever Tasted Jannah?

http://www.islamicboard.com/showthread.php?t=134303419

How we can get through hardships and trials in our lives

http://www.islamicboard.com/showthread.php?t=134300956

All of these Dhikr are so easy and light on the tongue but SO heavy on the scales!

http://www.islamicboard.com/showthread.php?t=134292456

5 Ways to soften the heart to weep to Allah

http://www.islamicboard.com/showthread.php?t=134306724

Why can't I concentrate in my Salaah?

http://www.islamicboard.com/showthread.php?t=134300101

12 Ways We Can Maximise Our Worship Each Day

http://www.islamicboard.com/showthread.php?t=134303740

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!